May Emeralds 2014! :)

I feel light headed and dizzy almost every day. And I'm so constipated my stomach is always aching. I'm munching on grapes which normally get me going but they don't seem to be working. I always get this gross taste in my mouth and I hate drinks of any kind except for homemade iced tea. I try to drink water but it's so nasty.

water seems to be the only thing I'm able to drink! Fruit juice makes me gag. Grapes are a good idea. My mw recommended prune juice today but if I can't stomach apple juice I don't know that that is going to work. Hugely constipated!

Sweetv- I wish I could keep water down! I'm so sick of juice and feel so dehydrated. Isn't it funny how different every pregnancy is?

Thanks for the thoughts on the job front. I've been the lone female executive at my company for years, so I'm used to being degraded and having to work harder than everyone else. I've just never had to deal with someone openly trying to steal my spot... And I know the rest of the guys would be oh so happy to get me out. It stinks. I'm actively looking for another job, which is another reason I need to hide my pregnancy. It feels so dishonest to interview knowing I will only be working for 6-7 months, but that's what you have to do here or you won't even be considered.

Anyway, here's my rapidly expanding bump.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 3
I was also recently promoted at work and my coworkers didn't find out until after the promotion. My boss was aware though so it didn't seem as though I was hiding it for that reason.
My mw told me today that I look more like 18 weeks and wanted to check the us results again to make sure it wasn't twins. After some poking and prodding she decided it was just bloat. I feel HUGE. That's why she recommended prune juice. I just wish I could have a normal bm.

Well, I'm sick :( I have a horrible sore throat and can't sleep. I got the flu shot on Thursday... I know they say it can't make you sick, but I kind of wonder. I hope I didn't get exposed to the flu elsewhere because it takes 2 weeks to build immunity. Ugh. Praying this passes quickly and doesn't escalate.

Thank you for the thread welcome ladies :) Glad to be here! Sympathies going out to everyone being sick :( I have been very very lucky and haven't actually been sick yet but sometimes the nausea is just horrific. I seem to get it more of an evening with an upset stomach randomly so I'm always really uncomfortable going to bed.

I recently went back to uni too (perfect timing lol) so have been trying to keep it a secret whilst getting through each day...it's been so hard! Told my class and tutors though yesterday and they have been fantastic. Got a meeting with them in a few weeks to sort out any support I may need and a plan so I can rejoin next year after a few months off (it's only a year course so will be good to get it done and dusted next year).

I am soooo tempted to get a sonic aid. Saw a few on ebay. Does anyone know the difference between the sonoline A & B? Hubby really doesn't want me to get one as I will obsess over it haha. You have to be so careful with them though that you don't only pick up blood flow through the placenta or your own pulse! May have a look again later.

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday x

All I know is that the sonoline A is supposedly less sensitive than the B. And as far as picking up your pulse rather than baby's, you will know the difference. There's really no mistaking a 70-80 bpm pulse and a 160-180 bpm pulse. If you're unsure, put your fingers on your neck while you listen. If what you hear and feel are similar, that's your pulse.

I've been the same as far as sickness goes. I've only thrown up once, otherwise I just feel sick in the afternoon/evening almost every day.

You will make it through school while pregnant and even get through the last few months with a baby. I knew plenty of women at my university who made it through 4 years with minimal struggle as long as they had support at home. :)

Thanks for the advice on the sonolines Lili :) My friend is a midwife and a big happening (strange as it sounds) is women picking up a pulse instead of a fetal heartbeat. Women would come in and say 'yes I've picked it up' even though they had felt no movements...and they had been getting their own pulse. It sounds really hard to believe but I guess some women have quicker pulses anyway and if they are wishing to hear something, they don't consider the speed. This has what's made me hesitant I suppose.

I hate the nausea haha, feels like a constant hang over doesn't it without the fun!

Thanks for the reassurance re Uni. I am going to carry on as long as I can...I have placements you see which will be the difficulty and I am sponsored and paid by an NHS trust to do it but I have looked through it all and they can't discriminate mat pay etc with me being on the course...I am still entitled as I previously worked in the NHS for 2 years. The not-so-fun side of thinking about pregnancy but it has been driving me mad with worry x

Lili - I hope you're just having a reaction to the shot and it passes quickly. the first time I got the flu shot I felt a bit squiffy for about a day but nothing major. I caught the proper flu when pregnant with my son and that was awful. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I had forgotten to get my shot that year and I paid for it.

I don't know if I have even seen prune juice in the store. They must have it though. I'd even be willing to try that at this point as having a bm every 2 to 3 days is not healthy and I feel terrible. I can only get so many grapes down and right now they're only giving me the gurgles. Not really helpful. :(

Wishing everyone who is sick well wishes :hugs:

I still haven't found babies heartbeat on my doppler yet, wish Monday would hurry up and then I can know for sure wether everything is ok or not!

I think what a lot of people are picking up on the dopplers is the artery that runs through the stomach. Mine ranges from 120-130bpm. Baby sounds like a horse or a train and ranges from 145-170 for me.

I have come down with strep throat. Not sure who gave it to who but my whole house has it. High fever, very sore throat. On my way to dr now. Not fun.

I just got back from graduation :)!! So fun! We went to like a nightclub in London and some super sexy guy was a circus act! Half naked! But I will never ever get the tube pregnant again!

Woo I found baby's heartbeat on my Doppler today at 9+3!

I'd been looking in the wrong place. It turns out baby is exactly half way between my belly button and pubic bone and very slightly on the left.

So happy to hear that sound :happydance:

I can't believe I'm 12 weeks! I keep having horrible dreams were I'm bleeding :( or get bitten by one of them horrible spiders

Woo I found baby's heartbeat on my Doppler today at 9+3!

I'd been looking in the wrong place. It turns out baby is exactly half way between my belly button and pubic bone and very slightly on the left.

So happy to hear that sound :happydance:

This was my problem too when I first tried to find the heartbeat. Everyone said "it will definitely be right by your pubic bone. No point looking higher at this stage." So I searched for 30 minutes just above my pubic bone, got frustrated and put the probe in a random spot in-between my pubic bone and belly button and there it was! Now I find it every single time, sometimes a little higher, sometimes lower, sometimes on the right, sometimes on the left. Baby doesn't stay still for long! Takes after his momma :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->