May Emeralds 2014! :)

We, well OH will be getting a vasectomy after this baby as we've decided this will be last and I don't do well on birth control so I don't want to take it the rest of my life.

So this is my last chance for a girl. Of course I want a happy healthy baby but it does depress me to think I won't have a girl to spend girl time with, to prepare for prom and her wedding. To be there to help her when she's pregnant and has her own children. That OH will never have a daddies girl. I love my boys and would never trade them, if it is a boy Ill be sad at first but I'll get over it and move on. I'd never let my want for a girl hurt my bond with my son.

I do love having boys. The love a little boy is mighty! And they especially my first are huge mommas boys. I love seeing OH and them interact. I love that both my boys are already best friends.

I have a feeling it's a boy, I really have no preference ATM just praying all is well with baby as I seem to have an irrational fear something is going to go wrong.
I have felt from the moment I got my pregnancy confirmed, we would lose it or that something would be wrong and it's getting worse as it goes on. It's making me feel awful as I have no real connection to this pregnancy, for fear of losing it.

I have seen baby, been told all looks perfect and can find him/her daily on the Doppler now and I'm still not at ease. :(
Hoping it passes as the pregnancy progresses.

Edit. Wbu what are you hoping for? Xx

I feel exactly the same way. I have been anxious walking into every u/s as I wait for them to tell me bad news. I also bought a doppler and use it every other day, and it provides instant reassurance that doesn't last very long. :hugs:

We will be having a private gender scan between our wedding and honeymoon 15th and 30th December.

To obviously find out the gender and reassurance before we fly.

I'm convinced I'm having a boy but not bothered either way.

I just want a healthy baby at the end of this as it took so much just to get here.

Couldn't care less about the sex other than we can be prepared and start buying stuff as gender neutral stuff isn't great over here.

I feel desperate for a girl. It sounds wrong, but I just really, really want one and know I'll be a bit disappointed if it's another boy. This is very likely our last baby and I would love to have one of each. It would be easier to have another boy as I know what to expect and won't have to buy new clothes but I just want a girl. It doesn't help that I feel like several of my angels were girls. :(

Deep down I just want a healthy baby and I'm so, so scared this one won't work out. So I know I'll be happy with whatever but right now....still daydreaming about my princess.

I really don't mind if it's boy or girl. I have 2 girls and one boy. The gap between my older children and my youngest is so big that having a boy won't improve ds situation. He grown up with his sister who is 3 years older than him and I know he needed a brother more than she needed a sister. With that in mind I think maybe Z will benefit from another sister as they'll be only 15 months gap & they'll be able to share a lot more than dd13 and ds ever did.

I hope each one of you get what your hearts desire: boy or girl.

I found baby's hb on the Doppler today for the first time. It took a while but I was so pleased when I finally heard it!!

We have our 20 week scan on 23rd December but not sure wether to find out the Gender on that day or get them to write it in an envelope and then we can open it on Christmas Day :cloud9:

We would love a little Girl then we have one of each but we honestly don't mind as long as he/she is healthy :D

Even after 5 hours of no sleep yesterday, I didn't manage to fall asleep until 1am last night. We did get DLS though so snuck in an extra hour of sleep.

I feel SO much better. I was so scared to stop taking my medicine for hypermesis but the nausea is practically gone and I don't feel so damn tired all the time because of the sleep aid that was included. So pleased.

Starting to get together a list of baby stuff. Couldn't believe how different baby gear is but then I remembered the last time I shopped for this stuff it was almost 3½-4 years since I've even looked at them. :shock:

Anyone else starting to plan their baby stuff? I want this stroller set SO BAD. Never had the option to change seating with DD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUMB6QT9_NA

I think the only gear we will be buying is a wrap, car seat and a swing/glider contraption :haha: both of mine LOVED the swing we had but it broke :nope: we already have a stroller. We have a graco sit and stand. We had a graco duo glider HATED IT!! It was nice but just waaay too big. Didnt like our old Costco stroller either.

we're waiting until we find out to buy anything... that's why i can't wait to find out! Love to shop baby stuff lol.

I'd be happy with either a boy or a girl! Don't have a preference

We have a Graco travel system which is like a 2 in 1 stroller. It seems the company had improved the design. Our travel system is so huge and clunky and hard to manoever in stores. I'm still tempted to get a double stroller. I would like a wrap if my MiL would make me one but she's not offering again. But I think she thinks I'm going to m/c again so I'm not bringing up the subject until later.

I'm not buying anything new for the baby until I feel more secure. We bought a small outfit when I became pregnant last fall and it is painful to see it never worn, hanging in the closet. :(

Starry have you considered getting one of those strollers or buggies that you can put a tray at the back. The big brother will stand there whenever he's tired but you don't need a twin buggy. He'll be 3 years 6 months when his baby sister :winkwink: is born so he may not need seating as much as now.
Dd13 was 3 years and 3 months when I had ds and it worked fine for us with only the one pram.

We've already bought our travel system. Just waiting to go collect it! xx

I have a Graco travel system. It's a pram with removable carrycot that converts into a buggy and you can also click the car seat into it too, though I rarely used that feature. I bought the car seat base add-on which I would really recommend. You just click it on and off. So much easier than messing about with seatbelts every time.

I found that travel system was a bit big for some local shops but it has chunky wheels which are great for taking it down country tracks. It is super heavy at about 14kg though!

I bought a smaller pushchair that folds umbrella style when LO was 6 months. It's great for travelling and shopping but not good off pavements. I felt I really needed both.

So for the new LO I won't need to buy anything. We plan on using the baby carrier for the first 3 months or until I can't carry baby any longer. I may also get a buggy board so we can use the pram and our daughter can hop on for a rest when she gets tired. She's a good walker though and will be 2 and a half by the time baby comes so I'm hoping that I won't need a double buggy.

Mines a babystyle oyster I think.

Will definitely be buying car seat base as they are loads easier. For someone childless I know a lot about car seats as I used to sell and fit them at my old job years ago!

xxx

I cannot decide between Stokke Crusi or a Bugaboo Buffalo :(

Had my midwife appointment.

All booked in and sorted now. I don't see her till 16 weeks now. Seems ages away! It's the week before my wedding. Haha.

I'm going to book my flu jab for 2nd tri and I declined the downs testing.

Looking forward to my scan now. 10 days to go!

I think I'm having a girl. I'm hoping for a girl, because I don't think I want any more babies. I wouldn't be disappointed with another boy though.

we are having our 20 week scan on the 19th of December. here, they won't tell us during the scan, but forward the report to our ob. we're going to have it written down so we can open it together on Christmas day.

we are hoping to get away with our single stroller and a carrier. ds will be 2, and doesn't mind being in the carrier... still might splurge for a nice double though.

Just had a nose bleed that lasted 15 mins, panicking a little as last time I had one was 3 days before we lost our angel in 2010 and that was my 1st ever. x

I have a Graco travel system. It's a pram with removable carrycot that converts into a buggy and you can also click the car seat into it too, though I rarely used that feature. I bought the car seat base add-on which I would really recommend. You just click it on and off. So much easier than messing about with seatbelts every time.

I found that travel system was a bit big for some local shops but it has chunky wheels which are great for taking it down country tracks. It is super heavy at about 14kg though!

I bought a smaller pushchair that folds umbrella style when LO was 6 months. It's great for travelling and shopping but not good off pavements. I felt I really needed both.

So for the new LO I won't need to buy anything. We plan on using the baby carrier for the first 3 months or until I can't carry baby any longer. I may also get a buggy board so we can use the pram and our daughter can hop on for a rest when she gets tired. She's a good walker though and will be 2 and a half by the time baby comes so I'm hoping that I won't need a double buggy.

That's why I picked my stroller too. We live in the country with lots of gravel roads or social functions where we need to push across fields and it works lovely for that. We also have a smaller umbrella stroller we bought when pregnant last spring. DS is starting to get too big for it though so we won't really be able to use it. DS will be just shy of his 3rd birthday so he won't need a stroller for short outings but trips to the city are usually day-long affairs so it would be good to have something. Also, he is a runner-awayer type of kid. I could get one of those harnesses (seriously, let go of his hand for a second and he is GONE) but it won't help when he gets tired.

Mayb_baby - try not to worry. It could just be a horrible coincidence. Call your doctor or midwife to see if they can set your mind at ease. Thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->