May Emeralds 2014! :)

Just ordered a doppler from ebay and SO excited for it to come!!!

Aww awesome. I love my Doppler. Best £20 I've ever spent.

Does anyone else still get really bad cramps/stretching pains? They're so scary!!

xx

I definately feel bigger today.

My boobs feel like they're resting on my belly when I'm sat down! They also feel huge.

I have two older girls 7 and 5. At the begginning of my pregnancy if someone asked me what I wanted gender wise I would say that either would be fun and I thought I believed it. Until I had an ultrasound at 12w1d and there was a little something sticking out in a "potty shot" Now I know based on my reaction that I desperatly want another girl. Yes, obviously I want a healthy baby but I really want a healthy baby GIRL. I didn't think I really cared but apparently I do. I have peed on all sorts of things, done every online gender predictor I can find, googled accuracy of heartrates and gender and googled accuracy of nub theories, skull theories, potty shot theories and every other kind of theory I might come across. I have viewd 100's of ultrasound pics online, read countless blogs, websites and forems. I am literally driving myself insane. The worse part is the guilt I feel about not wanting a little boy, my husband literally lit up when the dr gave her guess...

The wierd thing is I was sure this baby was a girl...It has a fast heart rate, and this pregnancy is EXACTLY like my other two, when and how i'm sick, cravings ect. I desperatly want to go somewhere at 16 weeks and pay to find out...

I know i'm being silly, I know that having a boy would be fun and different and exciting..I know most of this is horimones...I know it still could be a girl. But I feel like all my excitement with this pregnacy is gone. I no longer look at little clothes, boy or girl, I don't dream, I don't do anything and that makes me feel guilty and horrible. I know that these are the things that your not "supposed" to say and feel but I do. And other than "get over it" i'm not sure what to do.

I know that when I do know for sure I will get over any dissapointment and be excited about this baby, this baby is wanted and loved and I know that its more than gender. I'm just struggling right now and didn't really know who to share this with.

Gender disappointment is very real and it doesnt make a mother a bad person or a bad mom. Its hard not to feel that way when people say "well you are lucky to have a baby so it shouldnt matter gender" but for various reasons it does. I think it matters the more children you have and if you have multiple children with same gender. With our first we ttc for 2 years before falling pregnant so I could really care less what we were having. With #2 I so badly wanted a girl and one boy so I cried when the doctor said another boy. Sadness didnt last long as I thought "well I still have one more chance" and now that #2 is here and they are best friends, Im happy hes a boy and couldnt see it any other way. But this is my last chance to have a girl. I will be sad if its another boy. Ill never have a girl. I think Ill cry if they say boy. Well I know I will, but I know Im not a bad person or mother because I feel that way. It means a lot to me to have a girl.

All that being said when I think of an actual girl, I get nervous. What if she hates me! What if shes not a girly girl like me? What about the teen years!? Ive only changed boy diapers and looked at boy clothes and dealt with boy attitudes. So I think if it is another boy Ill comfort myself in the way that I wouldnt have known what to do with a girl anyways :haha:

daddiesgift - I really want a girl too but my worry is what if she IS a girly girl? I have no idea what to do with a girly girl. I used to think I'd just pass her off to my sister or sister-in-law whenever she needed girly girl time but now I live far away and I can't do that. I'm going to have to learn how to braid hair. Yikes! But I still want a girl more than anything. I'm so close with my mom and grandma. My mom was close with her mom too. And daughters let you get involved with the wedding planning and more involved with the grandkids. For my son I'm going to be the dreaded MiL so it won't be quite the same. ha ha

As for cramps, I'm getting them too but they're not like stretching pains. It's more like a generic ache. It leaves me feeling yucky inside.

Lilly - Cute bump :D

Rosie - Happy 2nd Tri :D

Gaves99 - Woohoo for a Doppler :happydance:

spoke to midwife and shes told me to see GP to get checked over so now trying to get through to them to try and get an appt!

14 weeks today though so that means 2nd tri :D

What did they say?

as predicted the Drs didn't have any appts available today so have to ring back at 8.30 midwife said to stop taking in the meantime till ive been checked over more so because ive never taken aspirin previously x

as predicted the Drs didn't have any appts available today so have to ring back at 8.30 midwife said to stop taking in the meantime till ive been checked over more so because ive never taken aspirin previously x

How rubbish, by the time you go wash will be gone and then what? I had GP practices, they hate giving appointments out, and if anything like mine, aren't there half the time as they need half days for staff training constantly. Grrrrr .... Demand tomorrow, ask for receptionists name and saying you hold her responsible if something happens to you or your baby from lack of being seen, usually works, I make my husband calls and he says something along those lines lol. :blush:

Did you say it was twins too? If so when do you see hospital? Might be worth calling maternity ward or something if GP won't help tomorrow and ask for advice, whenever I did with my last pregnancy which was twins they were really helpful.

well I was thinking tomorrow ill ring the hospital if Drs cant see me they have been totally fab everytime ive seen them and it was the hospital who prescribed in the 1st place afterall! x

Holy crap! Just felt baby kick! Was laying on my tummy and felt a huge jolt. Felt like I got donkey kicked from the inside, haha. I missed this. :cloud9:

Can't wait for movement! At this point I'm not even believing I'm pregnant :dohh:

I had a huge bulge on my right side today and thats where I found the HB :)

I can't believe I've made it to 12 weeks. This is becoming more and more real. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->