May Emeralds 2014! :)

My due date is changed to the 14th May. Can i be updated on the first page please? :flower:

I also can not wait to feel baby! I have felt little jolts but not quite sure so I'm going to wait until I know to say that I have.

I also desperately want a little girl. When they told me my DS was a boy I cried (and not of joy). I now couldn't picture him any other way and he was in every sense a "mama's boy" and I loved every minute. My DH is very concerned that I will be heart broken if this is another boy as he says this will be his last child. He has a DD from another relationship so he already has what he calls the "million dollar family" and could care less either way as long as baby is H&H. I know that no matter what I will love this baby as I have loved them all (including the ones I never held). I have already taken to saying "he" when referring to the LO to get myself use to the idea that it could be a boy. I tell myself the same thing… that if it is another boy at least I have supplies (toys, clothes etc) and I know what I'm in for. I just can't help but wish for my DD. My 20 weeks is my birthday and that is when they can send me for my scan. I figure it will either be a fantastic birthday present or somewhat of a disappointment. Hubby thinks the best birthday present should be that I get to see my beautiful baby and that my attitude about the whole thing stinks…. I'm really glad I don't feel so alone. I also don't know who to talk to as the one person that always makes me feel better does not seem to understand this issue at all and makes me feel that I am selfish and unappreciative of the fact that we are finally (after 4 years and multiple losses) going to have another baby.
Thanks for listening :hugs:

I really don't get gender disappointment but that's just me and everything I've been through I guess.

I just want A baby. Couldn't give a crap about the sex.

11 weeks today!!! Woo. 8 days till our 12 week scan.

Can't wait to see our miracle again!

I've been feeling flutters too! I can hardly believe it, it's so early but I know the feeling and I know I'm not imagining it (even if no one believes me :lol:).

I felt my first early at 13 weeks.

Dating scan today, finally know I how far I am, please add me, I'm 12+1 and due May 20th! Thanks

Eternal glad your scan went well.

Oh my god I'm proper struggling with my tiredness today.

Was meant to be going the cinema tonight to see Thor but may have to give it a miss and go straight to bed!

xxx

This is the announcement we used!!

Attachments

• DSC_0012-resized.jpg
    DSC_0012-resized.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 12
Here's ours when we do x

https://i42.tinypic.com/35b8t1j.jpg

I got a message from my app congratulating me on making it to the second trimester! I'm 12 weeks yet 13 weeks pregnant... I still don't get this weeks thing but I'll take it.

You're 12 weeks but in your 13th week if that makes any sense.

When you're born you're zero but you're in your first year.

Best way to explain it.

We didn't have a fancy announcement. Just told people? It's special enough in itself because of the trouble we had.

x

I'm probably not in the best place to comment. After all, and as many people remind me many times, I do have at least one of each. In my case the losses changed my perspective of things dramatically. I wanted so much a baby and it took too long and too much heartache to get there so I wasn't even contemplating gender preference; it was more I want A baby preference and the rest was just secondary if not less important. I read you ladies wanting one gender or another and saying you'll love what you end up having no matter what. I have no doubt that will be the case but you shouldn't let different genders get into how lucky we are to be here. I watched others getting pregnant and having babies for months with envy as it seemed I'd never be on that position ever again. Regardless what anybody say to you it's very unlikely your feelings will change too because we can't help what our heart desires. I'm not judging, but to a certain extend it makes me a bit sad. I wouldn't like to think my mother would have prefer a boy after having my sister and then she ended up with me as her last child. :shrug:

A couple of months one of my neighbours/friend who has 2 girls already told me she was pregnant again. Excitement and happiness as the baby wasn't planned completely changed when she found out she was having another girl. Her tone of voice when she told me and even her body language said it all. She wants a boy and the disappointment was more than obvious. I was very annoyed with her, even though I never told her. Isn't it more important the fact you managed to get pregnant and that you're having a healthy baby? Now I read you and I see that things aren't black or white, there's also grey.

Like I said Madrid I just don't understand gender disappointment and never will. I'm just so grateful to be pregnant and all I worry about is having a healthy baby.

It's one thing that really used to annoy me in my years of infertility. People being upset because they were having the "wrong" sex.

I broke and did another CB digital today. Have 1st scan Friday and feeling nervous convincing myself I'll get there and they'll tell me I'm not pregnant. Test still shows 3+

https://imageshack.us/a/img9/7796/zxm2.jpg

This was how we announced on Facebook. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->