May Emeralds 2014! :)

I had my physio appointment for SPD today. I'm a bit disappointed. I haven't had much pain today so it seemed like I was much better than I am usually.

I got some advice about my posture and no follow up. I know there isn't much physio can do but still feel a bit disappointed by it.

It seems when it comes to SPD it's a case of grin and bare it. I'm really worried about how I'm going to manage as this progresses :(

that's just crap, what did they actually do in your apt? I started with my first around16/18 weeks mildly but be23/24weeks it was quite bad I suffered in silence really and by time I actually managed to mention to midwife it was too late to do any sort of referral but when the pains started at 10 weeks I could of cried because I know how bad its going to get for me :(

I guess ill just have to see what physio says tomorrow I just don't want to be taking painkillers x

She pointed out how the way I stand is directing all my weight through my pubic bone and gave me a pilates exercise to try to correct my posture.

Plus the usual stuff about avoiding standing with weight on one leg, how to get out of bed etc.

I didn't think to ask at the time but I don't see how it's going to help with walking. That's my main concern. I hate feeling so housebound :(

I got the feeling she thought I didn't have it too badly but I'm having a good day pain-wise and I'm always do much better in the morning. I just wish there was something I could do to make walking less painful :(

I hope your appointment goes better. Let me know if they give you any helpful tips.

She pointed out how the way I stand is directing all my weight through my pubic bone and gave me a pilates exercise to try to correct my posture.

Plus the usual stuff about avoiding standing with weight on one leg, how to get out of bed etc.

I didn't think to ask at the time but I don't see how it's going to help with walking. That's my main concern. I hate feeling so housebound :(

I got the feeling she thought I didn't have it too badly but I'm having a good day pain-wise and I'm always do much better in the morning. I just wish there was something I could do to make walking less painful :(

I hope your appointment goes better. Let me know if they give you any helpful tips.

ive already started doing the getting in and out of bed and in the car sleeping with pillow etc etc but like you its the walking which is the worse and triggers it off really bad, ill let you know how I get on tomorrow and see what they say to me! x

How wonderful, daddysgift :)

I had an unofficial ultrasound yesterday just to see baby. A friend is a u/s tech and scanned me for a minute. Baby was jumping up and down like my womb was a trampoline! Lol next real scan is on the 25th and hoping to see gender.

Getting lots of crampy/stretchy pains the past few days. Maybe I'm getting ready to pop out? Lol

Had my scan. All fine and still just one baby. Haha.

https://imageshack.com/a/img27/921/7y6q.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

Hey ladies! I'm a little late to the party, but would love to join in. I'm due May 31st with my 2nd. I have had 2 scans already and got to hear the heartbeat both times. Made me completely melt.

Next up I have my first trimester screening on the 21st. I hear that the ultrasound tech might give you an educated guess as to what the gender is...I'm hoping so! It looks like they are usually pretty accurate. Anyone else find out gender at their first tri-screen?

I wish! I have mine the 18th but ill only be 12 + 5 so I doubt they'll guess anything.

With my first two I routinely had an ultrasound every appointment so with #1 they said boy at 12+5 but told me not to go out and buy anything. Turned out to be right! With #2 I was 15+5 and they said 99% sure boy.

Daddiesgift - Yay for finding babies heartbeat! :happydance:

4magpies - Lovely scan photo!

Mrs.Stefka - Welcome to the thread :wave:

https://imageshack.us/a/img585/65/ktlk.jpg

3 years ago and today!

Today 3 years ago was my due date with Tori, so bittersweet. Little did I know the next day I would be induced for preeclampsia and labor for 32 hours before my EMCS. Hoping this baby goes a little smoother. :dohh:

I wish! I have mine the 18th but ill only be 12 + 5 so I doubt they'll guess anything.

With my first two I routinely had an ultrasound every appointment so with #1 they said boy at 12+5 but told me not to go out and buy anything. Turned out to be right! With #2 I was 15+5 and they said 99% sure boy.

That's exactly how far along I will be, too! So it was accurate for you? I don't care if it's right or wrong really. I just want them to tell my something, haha. I will be happy with boy or girl as long as they are healthy. I have had this gut feeling I'm having a boy this time around, and my daughter is 100% I'm having a girl. I guess we'll see!

Thanks, Excalibur!!

Amour! Your bumps are so cute :) are you all prepared for Tori's birthday! I bets he's bpvery excited!

Amour - lovely bumps! I don't know if pre-eclampsia is something that comes back a second time or not but I hope this time goes much smoother!

afm - 12 weeks!! I really can't believe I made it to this point. Still nervous though as I'm waiting to hear a heart beat. Monday can't come soon enough.

Amour! Your bumps are so cute :) are you all prepared for Tori's birthday! I bets he's bpvery excited!

She is! She won't stop going on about her Minnie Mouse birthday cake! :haha:

Amour - lovely bumps! I don't know if pre-eclampsia is something that comes back a second time or not but I hope this time goes much smoother!

It has about a 7% chance of reoccurring. I've been working hard with my OB and other factors to try and prevent it so I sure hope so!

I just finished eating my second bagel and cream cheese of the day and I could totally go for another one... Ekkkk I'm a carb junkie this pregnancy

stargazer: I'm loving bagels with cream cheese as well. it's the only thing beyond raw veggies that I can keep down!

welcome Mrs.Stefka! you've been added to the front page :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->