May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Wow hmommy, 37 weeks! It's so great that your LOs have been able to stay in this long. Now I hope you don't have too much longer to wait! And your toes will be cute for the delivery table too :)

Hang in there, silver. I know every delay is so frustrating. I went in for my baseline ultrasound right before IVF and they found a cyst, which pushed IVF back 3 weeks. I was so upset, but the timing ended up being perfect. If DS would have been born 3 weeks earlier, I would have had to go back to work sooner and would have had to put him in daycare instead of having grandparents watch him. You have such a great attitude, too! Keep us posted :)

Hmommy hope u enjoyed ur pedicure!!!!!!
According to my countdown I have 25 days until I leave....I feel like I have so much to do :/ I did however go pick up my medical records from ob in person.
Silver lots of luck with the cycle !!!!!!

Hmommy enjoy the pedicure. Started stim today. Had to laugh when I went for baseline scan, she could see a follicle (she thought from last cycle), so had to have bloods. Never straight forward :shrug:

Stims today!!! Here we go Silver!! :happydance:

Any advice ladies on what to do in stimming period? Drinking plenty of water, going for walks, keeping relaxed.. Anything else that might work.

Any advice ladies on what to do in stimming period? Drinking plenty of water, going for walks, keeping relaxed.. Anything else that might work.

High protein diet, Low sugar, low caffeine intake, royal jelly. If I think of anything else I'll write again. Oh and I kept hubby away from beer and wine and made him snack on celery because I read somewhere that it would keep his sperm super pure and strong!! Lol.,

Thanks Hun :winkwink:
How are u feeling hmommy?

You're welcome. :hugs: I'm feeling impatient, heavy, but can't complain. 6 days to go! Doing some last minute laundry, housework etc,. Before the onslaught of babies, family and friends begins :wacko:

Hmommy-glad you're pampering yourself a little! I was hoping you would have posted that you had those babies-I'm sure you're hoping the same! Lol! So close now!! Eek I'm so excited for you! Post as soon as you can!!!

Lucinda-hope you're doing well!

Stay-how's your LO? Rolling over yet? Are you still nursing?

Silver-awesome Hun! Best of luck!! We're all rooting for you!

Afm-my kid is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life! Dh and I are a bit obsessed, so much so that we thjnk we need another kid to spread out the love! Lol! Since I have low amh I'm going to make a consultation appt with me RE to see if he suggests we try on our own or not waste time. We just want one more pregnancy-would love our little one to have a brother/sister!

Girls, I'm having contractions every 10 minutes but they're pretty mild. Not sure what to do. ?? Think I'll call my doc in a half hour and see what he has to say.....

Hmommy- how exciting Hun. Nearly time for cuddles x
Stacer- how exciting considering going for your second.
Me- got a scan this morning and mega nervous. Will let u know how I get on later

Hey gorgeous ladies, the scan was pants. One big follicle, 2 smaller ones. They discussed cancelling and are going to let me know. But think it ll be another scan next week if still only one that's big enough it ll prob be iui... Hoping the others catch up so I can convince them to go ahead with ivf and try egg collection. Any progress hmommy? Cute photos would b appreciated today x

Hey gorgeous ladies, the scan was pants. One big follicle, 2 smaller ones. They discussed cancelling and are going to let me know. But think it ll be another scan next week if still only one that's big enough it ll prob be iui... Hoping the others catch up so I can convince them to go ahead with ivf and try egg collection. Any progress hmommy? Cute photos would b appreciated today x

What's the dosage they have you on? I hope to God you can have ivf and not an iui :wacko: how much longer are you stimming for? Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Well girls, I thought last night might have been it, but with a couple of bottles of water and time lying down, the contractions finally slowed down.....so no babies yet :dohh:

Today we had our final appointment with our obgyn who proceeds to tell us that the hospital that we're delivering at routinely sends babies born before 39 weeks to the nicu! He also said that because we're having twins, expect that the babies will stay in the nicu after we've been discharged. :cry: what the heck????? He says it's a money/insurance thing. :shrug: we were both mortified and miserable when we left his office.

All I can hope for is to prove this Dr wrong. :winkwink:

Silver, was this your first ultrasound after you started stims? If so, I wouldn't panic yet. It seems like everyone I talk to has a disappointing first ultrasound and then everything is fine. I had 3 small follies at my first ultrasound and ended up with 36 eggs retrieved. And remember, it only takes 1! As far as what to do during stimming, I agree with hmommy. I tried to do high protein and I also drank a lot of gatorade to help with OHSS. I avoided caffeine and alcohol completely.

Hmommy, hang in there! I'm so happy for you that your little ones have been able to stay in there this long, but I'm sure at this point you're super anxious to meet them :) I can't believe they said babies go to the NICU before 39 weeks! Mine was 36w5d and they never even considered putting him in the NICU.

Stacer, it's exciting that you're thinking about another LO! We're still a few years off from thinking about that, but I did ask my OB about it at my 6-week postpartum appt. She recommended that when we're ready to try again, we just go ahead and use our frozen embryos instead of trying again on our own.

My LO is amazing! We are so in love with him. And I am so loving having the summer home with him. It's hard to even think about going back to work in August. He's starting to teethe, so he's not quite as constantly happy as he has been and we're trying to figure out the best ways to handle teething. He can roll from back to front, but hasn't quite mastered front to back yet. And he's cooing almost constantly, which I love. The past few weeks have been busy, we're getting ready to move. It's still in the same general area, just a bigger house and a little closer to work. But packing with a teething baby is almost impossible! He's at that age where he wants to be entertained because he gets bored but can't entertain himself yet, so he takes a lot of energy! For the most part he sleeps through the night though, which is awesome.

It was my first scan after 7 injections (cos I do them in a morning). Consultant was very straight talking and said well we're having the same conversation. There are only 3 and the others won't grow at this point. If the 2 smaller ones don't grow then it ll be an iui. Me and my husband said well we did as you suggested last time but really want ivf regardless of the no of follicles, so if there is more than one will we still go ahead with egg collection. She sat there going mmmm two or three to procedure and I kept saying two. She then said oh well ivf doesn't seem to work for you!! Go back on Monday, trying hard to hold it together, I just feel crushed it shouldn't be this hard and Hubbie is busy looking at the cost of ivf elsewhere. The whole thing is pants x

Hmommy hope the little ones can be with u and ur Hubbie rather than nicu. But ur nearly there Hun. Stay glad ur enjoying the summer Jackson sounds like he's getting on well x

Silver-so sorry Hun!! That would be great if you could talk them into letting you do ivf or go elsewhere! It's not fair! Hang in there!!

Hmommy-I think he's just preparing you just in case. I delivered at that hospital at 36 weeks and my LO didn't go to nicu, they just took him to transition for 6 hours of testing but that's it. And my sisters baby was born at 34 weeks and he spent a week in nicu and but he weighed 5 lb 10 oz when he was born but his lungs weren't fully developed. So chances are your babies won't be in nicu! Stay strong honey you're almost there!!!!

Stay-teething doesn't sound fun! My lil guy has been drooling so I'm starting to wonder if he's going to teethe soon. It's going to be hard going back to work in august but I'm sure you'll make due!! I wish we had frozen embryos but we don't so that's why we're thinking the sooner the better!! Plus I want them close in age!

Thanks girls. :hugs:

Stayhopeful, I just love hearing you gush about your little man! :cloud9:

Silver, have they given you testosterone or HGH to mature the smaller follicles? I only had a couple of follies but I stimmed for 14 days and my Dr then had me inject HGH as a last ditch effort. It worked because I wound up with 9 mature eggs (which for me as a confirmed 'poor responder' was great). I can't believe they're telling you that IVF just doesn't work for you....I'd look for a better clinic if thats their attitude! :growlmad: thinking of you!!!

Silver, are you taking the same stim med as last time? Sorry that things are so up in the air, fx that you're able to do IVF! If not, maybe a different clinic is the answer for you.

You're so close, hmommy! I'm so excited for you! :)

Hey gorgeous ladies, went to scan this morning.
2 x 12 mm follicles
1 X 23 mm follicle
4 x 8 mm follicle
So they wanted to cancel and change to iui because of the leading follicle, they think the others won't be viable mature eggs. Me and Hubbie sat they and said no we want ivf repeatedly and they caved but said it was against there advice with one follicle. Every time we go they say there will be no change it's just daft cos there has been change. So hcg tonight and egg collection 'just for my psychology' wed. Came out sl hopeful and at least we have a shot.
Stay we have used same meds all 3 cycles, because they say no evidence anything else works better.
Need all the positive vibes guys... Hoping we're not out by wed x

Wow silver that's great that they gave in!!! Keeping everything crossed for you!!! Best of luck!

Hmommy-did you deliver your twins? How are you and babies? Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->