May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Welcome babs! So excited for you to get started! I have endo as well, my doc referred to it as moderate though. I also have low amh though. I'm really hoping my dic is right in saying ivf bypasses endo! Is there a reason why they didn't put you on bcp? Wondering if I'll be on it or not, a few other gals on here wereon it for about 21 days. And I don't know if dh is going to be able to deal with me either on these meds!! But we shall see! I've been doing relaxation and trying to manage my stress better so my body is prepared for ivf.

Hmommy-yes it will be nice to go through it together! I honestly don't talk about ivf much except for on the chat, but thats probably bc dh has been gone for the past two weeks! I'm sure ivf talk will pick up when he gets back, ESP since I'm about 2 weeks out from scheduling my appt.

Plex-guess its good to give hr a heads up that way they definitely can't let you go! I'm always worried about that but as soon as I get my calendar I'll request off right away and tell my boss I'm having med procedures done. He knows I have endo and I've been kinda leading him to believe they're doing diagnostic tests when I had my hysterscopy which was true, but I'm def not giving more info than I have to.

August-your appt is so soon! So jealous!

Hi Everyone!
Mind if I join in. I posted in these forum about 3 months back, when we first decided to go the IVF route. I got a lot of encouraging response and a lot of ladies shared their experience and stories, making me accept my fertility issues and face them knowledgeably.

My issue: Mild endo discovered last May via lap and cleaned. My gyno wa svery sure this was the root cause and we will be pregnant in no time. But after the 3rd failed clomid+IUI cycle, l knew we ahd to go the IVF route. So we tried naturally few more months and found a great RE. He put me on Lupron for 3 months as a precaution for endo. 1st month was ok, but 2nd month has been hell :wacko:. Today I got my 3rd and last Lupron shot :happydance:

Along with that I also got my IVF calendar. As someone in this thread said its so surreal! I was so happy to see the calendar and so overwhelmed at teh same time by looking at the amount of meds!! :nope: How will I survive all that...also, will dear OH survive with me on those meds??? Already he has been complaining that I get angry so easily and am very detached??

So here are the dates: No BC for me, I jump directly into Lupron injections starting May 9th. Baseline check on May 21st and stimming after that. Most probably ER around May 28-31st and Embryo transfer in June 1st week. EEkkkk........:happydance:

Wow... thanks for joining this group- your story is exactly the reason I didn't do any IUIs because I've never heard any success stories yet! My girlfriend did 5 of the darn things before she finally heading to IVF and was successful first time! Well, I pray that you are successful too.

Like you, I WORRY about those meds.. I'm a little high strung to begin with, so my poor DH may need to go on a golf trip or something during the med phase because I'll likely be psychotic! Lol.. :wacko:

Exciting to hear you have your calendar though.. can't wait to get mine, because I know at that point, it'll be REAL.

Good luck, and keep checking in with us!! :hugs:

Hmommy, Just to let you know it was my ER that i had to take a couple of days off from work as that was the most uncomfortable afterwards and the transfer was a breeze. xx

ah... interesting. OK, that's good to know. I didn't realize that the ER left you feeling bad. Well, I'm hoping it coincides with the beginning of our summer break, otherwise, I'll be taking the days off for that for sure! :wacko:

Yeah i had 2 days off after collection as was very bloated and uncomfortable for a bit. As for the transfer i was back to normal the next day xx

Welcome Babs :hi:

Good luck with your cycle. We could be cycling at the same time as i have my ER on 29th May and ET either 1st or 3rd June xx

Thanks for the welcome!

Sandy - That is super exciting. We can complain and symptom spot together :happydance:

Hmommy - I hope you get the calendar soon. I agree, it just make things real once you get the calendar. I have warned my Hubs, if he thought last 2 months were bad, next 2 are going to be times 10! He is allowed as many golf trip he wants, till he tolerates me!

Stacergirl- Hi endo fellow! Endo sucks ....Specially bz it is different in intensity, where it grows and how it can harm us. Most doctors still don't understand it! My GF who had sever endo, got pregnant on her 2nd Clomid+IUI cycle after her lap, where as me with mild endo nothing!! My RE has worked with a lot of endo women in the past. He has seen that women with endo usually have lower egg quality. Giving your body a break from estrogen for a few months, helps with egg quality. He believes that no surgeon can remove endo 100% with lap, there is always some left. Taking lupron for a few months helps get rid of what is left behind and help body get rid of toxins. Endo will always come back (for some lucky ones it does not!) So in my case its a race, do I get pregnant first or does the endo come back first. Hence, the IVF. Taking meds like Clomid and injections actually fuels endo. My AMH is on the lower end as well, my RE said its not a problem for IVF. He said he does not care about # of eggs, he just wants 6-10 good quality eggs.

Hey Ladies, can I join? I see a few of you that will be have ERs around the same time as me! I have been trying to conceive for almost 3 years. I had surgery May 2012 to remove Stage 4 endo. We did medicated cycles, first with Clomid then Letrozole, but nothing worked. We decided to skip IUIs and go straight to IVF.
I am currently at the end of my first week on bcps. I was only supposed to do three weeks of them but found out DH will be out of town for the week our ER was originally scheduled for so we had to bump a week. I start stims 5/13, ER is now estimated for 5/28 and ET for 6/2. I'm excited and so nervous. :happydance:

Hmommy, Just to let you know it was my ER that i had to take a couple of days off from work as that was the most uncomfortable afterwards and the transfer was a breeze. xx

ah... interesting. OK, that's good to know. I didn't realize that the ER left you feeling bad. Well, I'm hoping it coincides with the beginning of our summer break, otherwise, I'll be taking the days off for that for sure! :wacko:

Yeah i had 2 days off after collection as was very bloated and uncomfortable for a bit. As for the transfer i was back to normal the next day xx

Did you still do a couple of days bed rest after the transfer?

Hi all! Welcome to the new members. I hope everyone is doing well.

I started lupron today and will take my last BC tonight. Then I have an apt for a baseline us on Wednesday. I'm excited to get the ball rolling on this cycle!

Hello ladies can I join?:hi:

Am presently on day 18 of BCP and CD21 on my first IVF journey. Off to the clinic in 3 hours to get things started.

will do personals when i catch up with everyone's progress. :flower::flower:

Hoping you ladies don't mind a new comer. Cheers:thumbup:

Thanks lucie. My appointment went well. Baseline scan was good so am on burseline for the next 3 weeks.

so next appointment 11 May.

Hope everyone is doing ok

:hi: Hi to all the new peeps!
Hope everyone is doing ok?
Im at work so will catch up with posts when I get home xx

Thanks lucie. My appointment went well. Baseline scan was good so am on burseline for the next 3 weeks.

Welcome Sekky! So, you did BCP for 3 weeks and now another 3 weeks doing burseline? What's that?? :wacko: Glad you're joining our group since it looks as though you're further ahead than most of us, so it'll be great to pick your brain as you go through it just before we do :hugs:

Girls, do any of you know the answer to these questions:

First, if you have regular, ovulatory cycles, will the ER still insist you go on bcp for 2-3 weeks?

Second: My clinic offers gender selection. Yes, I know it's ridiculous to think that at this stage 'beggers shouldn't be choosers' lol... believe me, at this point, I'd be happy and grateful for either, but have any of you heard about this, or how much it costs? Just wondering..... :laugh2:

Hope you're all doing well. I'm on cd 7 and dying to get to AF (never thought I'd be writing that) so I can go in for my baseline and get things cooking!! :happydance: Thinking of you all....

:hugs:

Sekky/Lucie - How r u getting on with ur meds?
Hmommy - Ive heard of gender selection but think its not allowed in the UK so dont know about costs etc. Not long now till ur af hun - this time next month u'll be on ur way!! :)

Afm, Im on cd6 now and have decided to take another round of clomid but not take the ovitrelle shot this month my last tablets will be tomorrow, then its just waiting :D I have just over a week now till my consultation :happydance: xx

Plex, I can guess why it's illegal in the UK.. it's kind of bizarre, but I just noticed it on my RE's website that it is an option.

How exciting that your consultation is coming up!! I wish we could all just hit the fast-forward button and get to the good stuff! :)

Doing ok with the lupron, although I'm experiencing extreme tiredness and overall lack of energy. I hope it eases up soon though! I spend my day with 18 8 year olds and need all the energy I can get!!!

Hmommy, it's nice to see another Floridian here! As for the gender selection, I'm pretty sure my dr offers it, although I'm unsure of the cost involved.

Hi to to everyone else!

Welcome Sekky! So, you did BCP for 3 weeks and now another 3 weeks doing burseline? What's that?? :wacko: Glad you're joining our group since it looks as though you're further ahead than most of us, so it'll be great to pick your brain as you go through it just before we do :hugs:

I have PCOS which i believe is the reason for the BCP. Its to get all the follies to be at the same point before meds. And the burselin i guess is to down reg my system. I guess this is what they call antagonist protocol. But what do i know:dohh:

Girls, do any of you know the answer to these questions:

First, if you have regular, ovulatory cycles, will the ER still insist you go on bcp for 2-3 weeks?

Second: My clinic offers gender selection. Yes, I know it's ridiculous to think that at this stage 'beggers shouldn't be choosers' lol... believe me, at this point, I'd be happy and grateful for either, but have any of you heard about this, or how much it costs? Just wondering..... :laugh2:

Hope you're all doing well. I'm on cd 7 and dying to get to AF (never thought I'd be writing that) so I can go in for my baseline and get things cooking!! :happydance: Thinking of you all....

:hugs:

Honestly am hoping i get a boy from my treatment and if its a multiple i will like to have a perfect twin of both sexes. if not 2 boys. I heard of clinic that offers it at an extra cost of $1000 in UAE. I don't know of your location:shrug:

If i have the option i will give it a shot

Sekky/Lucie - How r u getting on with ur meds?
Hmommy - Ive heard of gender selection but think its not allowed in the UK so dont know about costs etc. Not long now till ur af hun - this time next month u'll be on ur way!! :)

Afm, Im on cd6 now and have decided to take another round of clomid but not take the ovitrelle shot this month my last tablets will be tomorrow, then its just waiting :D I have just over a week now till my consultation :happydance: xx

YAY for you last pill. FX this works and you don't need the IVF :thumbup::flower:

My first shot of burselin went well as i did it myself. Can't believe i just jabbed myself in the belly:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->