May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Welcome mrsjenny :hi: Good luck with your cycle looks like you will be joining the cycle with a few of us.:hugs: Sorry i can't advise on Lupron as never used that xx

Welcome mrsjenny :hi: Good luck with your cycle looks like you will be joining the cycle with a few of us.:hugs: Sorry i can't advise on Lupron as never used that xx

Thanks Sandy! I am happy to be cycling with you ladies. I'm nervous but trying not to get too nervous- this might be the last cycle we can afford. I'm also nervous about us not having any embryos...it was so hard to lose them all last time

Welcome mrsjenny! I'm currently on lupron in prep for a FET. I am not a huge fan of it. While the shots are super easy, I hate the way the lupron makes me feel. It makes me very moody. I'll go from ok to raging mad to crying back to ok in just a few minutes. But I know it's necessary for my cycle so I'm dealing with the symptoms.

My appointment this morning went well. Everything looks "quiet", which I guess is what they are looking for. They drew my blood and depending on what my estrogen levels come back as, I'm either starting the estrogen pills tonight or tomorrow. Also tomorrow we are reducing the lupron dose to half of what it is now. I go back next Wednesday for another blood draw and us to see how things are progressing.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Thanks Lucie! Ugh not looking forward to the mods swings but I agree- its all for a good cause!

Sounds like your appointment went well this morning :)

Girls has anyone started injections here? Or are you all either waiting or down regging?

I'm so nervous and time is going by ever so slow :(

Hi Crosby- I am waiting to start my Lupron injections for the down reg on Sunday but this will be my 4th cycle doing injectable meds...it scariest the first time you have to do it but the second day is a little easier...until its no biggie! Haha- I recommend holding an ice cube to the area for 20-25 seconds. I never felt a thing. The scariest part is actually injecting yourself but with the ice is totally numb. Do you start today?

Nah I don't start till beginning of may.

I used ovitrelle before so I'm ok with needles.

I don't even know what I'm nervous about lol

Hi ladies can I join? I started Lupron this past Sunday and the shots have been easier than expected I'm scheduled to begin stimming on the 6th of May and ER the following week. Looking forward to chatting with you ladies over the next few weeks. Goodluck

Welcome Baby :hi: Good luck with your cycle not long now! xx

Hi ladies can I join? I started Lupron this past Sunday and the shots have been easier than expected I'm scheduled to begin stimming on the 6th of May and ER the following week. Looking forward to chatting with you ladies over the next few weeks. Goodluck

Thanks baby! I start Lupron on Sunday and was wondering how they'd go :)

Sounds like a lot of appointments are coming your way!! - Nice to actually get things rolling! :thumbup:

:hi: heya girlies

Well I had my appointment which left me 120quid outta pocket but the process has oficially started!!! :happydance: I need to have some more bloods done, scan and swabs as mine are outta date (April12) and I need to book myself in for a counselling session & nursing information session before i start, but ive been accepted on the egg share scheme!! Im now waiting for a letter from my consultant and a phone call on thur to arrange tests etc. Finally getting moving feels fantastic even if i have a bit more of a wait. My consultant told me that it was the best option as the clomid is now not making me ovulate.
Ive got2 make a list of questions to ask as I didnt get all the information from the receptionist that the consultant told them to give me. I will update on thur :D

Hope ur all doing well :)
xx

I got a call from the egg donation nurse and im going in on tuesday next week for scans/swabs and blood tests. Im going to get a call for my counselling appointment in the next day or two. My dh has to have his bloods done too. The longest im going to have to wait is for my next cycle to start so I can have some tests done then - so that could be a while (hopefully not) but things will move quickly from here on i think! :happydance:

Its great to have more people on this thread and already on their injections too - im really looking forward to hearing how you're all getting on :D xxx

I want an injection or something! Lol just hanging out waiting for Af next week and getting jealous hearing about all these injections going on!!

Welcome newbies!
Plex that is great!
Good luck to all!! Looking forward to hearing more about your processes!

Me too lolol I never thought id be actually wanting to inject myself :haha: x

I was terrified mentally but they are painless for me. I take them in the abdomen and feeling nothing not even a prick, I think the key is to not go slow and my nurse gave me the diabetic needles to use which are very thin... GL

I was terrified mentally but they are painless for me. I take them in the abdomen and feeling nothing not even a prick, I think the key is to not go slow and my nurse gave me the diabetic needles to use which are very thin... GL

I'm not sure what kind of needles I have- it all came in the same small box (all the needles, the vial, & alcohol wipes). All of the meds for this cycle came through the mail a couple weeks ago when this cycle started.... I just put the ones that needed to be refrigerated in the fridge and the rest I put in a cabinet. Haha I didn't want to stare at it waiting for the Lupron to start. Lol. I'll investigate it all this weekend since I start it on Sunday... here we go!

I'm not sure what kind of needles I have- it all came in the same small box (all the needles, the vial, & alcohol wipes). All of the meds for this cycle came through the mail a couple weeks ago when this cycle started.... I just put the ones that needed to be refrigerated in the fridge and the rest I put in a cabinet. Haha I didn't want to stare at it waiting for the Lupron to start. Lol. I'll investigate it all this weekend since I start it on Sunday... here we go!

Do u have to draw up ur own shots? xx

Yeah Plex you usually have to draw your own shots depending the amount you have to administer. The worse for me is the menopur where you have a vial of powder and a vial of liquid and you have to mix them together before injecting. Don't worry tho you get the hang of it after the first couple xx

The only shots I haven't had to draw up are the Follistem injections because its in a pen but the Lupron, Menupur (which is new to me this cycle), HCG & POI all have to be drawn. Like Sandy said- you get the hang of it quickly!

Is it fairly straightforward? Im nervous I'd get something wrong and waste a dose. :dohh: think I'm worrying bout it cos its all extra costs and it ain't cheap. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->