May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Doing ok with the lupron, although I'm experiencing extreme tiredness and overall lack of energy. I hope it eases up soon though! I spend my day with 18 8 year olds and need all the energy I can get!!!

Hmommy, it's nice to see another Floridian here! As for the gender selection, I'm pretty sure my dr offers it, although I'm unsure of the cost involved.

Hi to to everyone else!

Hello lucie:flower:

Hey ladies hope you don't mind another joiner. I did my first ivf in Feb which resulted in a BFN. I am just starting bcp's for FET which will be the first week of June. Hoping and praying this works.

Hmommy- My clinic uses bcp's on cycles no matter what to control your cycle and to do the pgd testing is around $3, 500 and I think it could be more depending on how many eggs you have. Made me nervous taking cells from embryos but if we don't have any luck I will seriously consider it next time.

Lucie- I remember your journey from another thread I hope this time is lucky for you!

EOE- Here's to hoping this soon turns into a pregnancy then new mommy thread for all of us!!:dust:

Morning Ladies

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Babylove, Welcome :hi: Good luck with your cycle. Looks like we are going to be on same cycle :hugs:

Hmommy, I had 1 day rest after transfer but i clinic recommends getting straight back to normal and no bed rest as they say it's best to get the blood flowing around your system but i know all clinics are different with the recommendations :hugs:

Lucie, Yay for starting lupron :happydance: hopefully time will fly for you.

Sekky, Welcome :hi: I am also on Buserelin for 3 weeks and it's used to basically shut down your system prior to stimming so they get the best response from your ovaries. Good luck with your cycle. What are you going to be stimming with? :hugs:

Plex, Good luck for consultation this week :hugs:

Peachy, Welcome :hi: Good luck with your cycle.

Hope everyone else is doing well :hugs:

AFM, First injection this morning back to being a pin cushion for a while. Feeling ready for this cycle lets get this party started!!!!!! :happydance: xx

Thanks for the welcome!

Sandy - That is super exciting. We can complain and symptom spot together :happydance:

Hmommy - I hope you get the calendar soon. I agree, it just make things real once you get the calendar. I have warned my Hubs, if he thought last 2 months were bad, next 2 are going to be times 10! He is allowed as many golf trip he wants, till he tolerates me!

Stacergirl- Hi endo fellow! Endo sucks ....Specially bz it is different in intensity, where it grows and how it can harm us. Most doctors still don't understand it! My GF who had sever endo, got pregnant on her 2nd Clomid+IUI cycle after her lap, where as me with mild endo nothing!! My RE has worked with a lot of endo women in the past. He has seen that women with endo usually have lower egg quality. Giving your body a break from estrogen for a few months, helps with egg quality. He believes that no surgeon can remove endo 100% with lap, there is always some left. Taking lupron for a few months helps get rid of what is left behind and help body get rid of toxins. Endo will always come back (for some lucky ones it does not!) So in my case its a race, do I get pregnant first or does the endo come back first. Hence, the IVF. Taking meds like Clomid and injections actually fuels endo. My AMH is on the lower end as well, my RE said its not a problem for IVF. He said he does not care about # of eggs, he just wants 6-10 good quality eggs.

Yeah ive been reading it doesnt always get completely removed with the lap. My friend had endo too but it took 7 iuis to get a positive. And thats after two laps. Are you on vitamins to increase the quality of your eggs? Im on dhea and co q 10, my doc said it couldbt hurt. So your doc seems positive that ivf will be succesful? My doc does, which is reassuring bc I'm sure he deals with all kinds. Is the reason you're not on bcp bc he doesn't want to furl the endo? I wonder if I'll need to be on lupron? Haven't heard anything yet!

Hmommy-I have yet to hear that my doc does gender selection or not. I honestly hope he doesn't because I don't want to have to choose!! Dh would def want a boy so I guess we'd have to go with that option if we did get a choice, just bc I wouldn't want to go against him and say girl when tho that's what I want!! I just want a baby boy or girl!! I'm still waiting for Af too!! They should be here in no time!!

Nice to hear everuone is moving along! Welcome to the newbies and best of luck! It's going to be hard to keep up with everyone's progress but will definitely do my best and cheer you on!!

Sandy, first injection!! Do you ice the spot first? Does it hurt? Is it really weird that I can't wait to get to that point?? lol...

I'm supposed to ovulate this week, so I'm imagining how amazing it would be to achieve a BFP on my last attempt before first IVF cycle officially begins... a girl can only hope, right?? lol..

It's fun to check in to see where everyone's at. I'm keeping us all in my prayers ladies!!

Hi girls, mind if I join?

Im doing short protocol in may, just waiting for my period to start and then US and stimms.

I'm just shopping around for drugs, I will be on menopur and cetrotide.

:hi: everyone, hope ur all doing ok? xx

I have my consultation 2moro morning now!!!! 9am :happydance: Hopefully this will get the ball rolling!!

Plex- so excited for you!! Please let us know how it goes!

Sandy, first injection!! Do you ice the spot first? Does it hurt? Is it really weird that I can't wait to get to that point?? lol...

No i don't ice spot as it never seems to hurt i always inject into my belly and change sides each day. Yeah it's definitely strange that we can't wait to jab ourselves on a daily basis but then again nothing about IVF is normal :hugs: xx

Welcome Crosby :hi: hope AF shows soon

Good luck for appt today Plex :hugs: xx

Thanks girls :)

Has anyone signed any consent forms yet? I know I'm a bit premature but I was given the forms ages ago and was told have them done by the start of IVF. As I am bored today I thought id start filling them out, wow there is a lot !!!

Yeah i signed the consent forms last year there is a bit to fill in with lots of information xx

Plex, hope appt went well this morning :hugs: xx

How'd it go today plex?

Im feeling very impatient today. It's only next week that I should get Af and be able to schedule my final ivf appt and get final labs done, but we all know waiting is the pits. I've been reading too much on ivf and that's probably wants causing this! Hope you ladies are finding it easier to wait!

Hi there, I'm on my day three of down regging.
Should start stimulating on or around the 2nd May.

So far no symptoms. Injections are remarkably painless.

Should have er on or around week commencing 27th May. People at work are brilliant and asking how I am doing and feeling. I want to take Time off sick from er to a week later. Think I'd go stir crazy if I did nothing for two weeks afterwards. As the nurse said really I could run a marathon afterwards if I wanted (somehow I think I'll give that a miss) just plan to sit in garden and relax!!!

Feeling quite positive now I have started the meds. Before I've had the occasional meltdown where it all got too much and needed a good cry to get it out of my system.
I have 23 follicles on the last scan so that is good news so the nurse said hence why on quite a low dose of gonal 184.5 (no idea if that is low or not) I'm on a long protocol too.

Hopefully I got a good batch of eggs after er so we can freeze then to use afterwards.

I know we WILL be parents - it's just the route we have to take to get there is different !!!

:hi: heya girlies

Well I had my appointment which left me 120quid outta pocket but the process has oficially started!!! :happydance: I need to have some more bloods done, scan and swabs as mine are outta date (April12) and I need to book myself in for a counselling session & nursing information session before i start, but ive been accepted on the egg share scheme!! Im now waiting for a letter from my consultant and a phone call on thur to arrange tests etc. Finally getting moving feels fantastic even if i have a bit more of a wait. My consultant told me that it was the best option as the clomid is now not making me ovulate.
Ive got2 make a list of questions to ask as I didnt get all the information from the receptionist that the consultant told them to give me. I will update on thur :D

Hope ur all doing well :)
xx

Welcome soph :hi: Sounds like we will be cycling about the same time i am now into the 3rd day of down regging and looking to have ER on 29th May

Plex, great news on official getting the ball rolling on your cycle. Its good to have a plan in place :hugs:

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well :hugs: xx

Hey ladies mind if I join? All my info is in my siggy- we are starting our 2nd IVF. I am going to be doing a down regulation protocol this time so Lupron starts on Sunday 4/28 then 10-11 days later I should get AF. Then bloodwork and u/s and stim meds start cd2...so that could be May 9/10.
Has anyone else taken Lupron?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->