May Lily's 2017

Abii, great name!!! My hubby and I have the worst time with names. My daughter had no name for hours after birth... we had it down to two and picked once we "met" her, but I was still in shock from a bad spinal during my C-section so we took our time to be sure. I find boy names tougher... so I told my hubby to come up with a list. Otherwise he just vetoes all of my picks!

Love Mackenzie! At this point we are liking Margaret Rose for a girl and boys We aren't certain on. We like Harvey, Otto and Oscar but I'm having a hard time deciding if I like the sound of Oliver (ds) with Oscar or Otto... I might be making it more of a tongue tie for me lol. So I'm leaning towards Harvey. But I could change my mind at any time lol

Hi all I'm back after a bit of a break. This babe was making me super sick but I'm finally feeling like a human again.

Names are so hard, my hubby & I don't agree on anything. I like Kyler for a boy & Larkin for a girl but he hates both. We will be finding out the gender on Monday, hopefully then he will be more willing to talk names.

hopeful one - can't wait to hear pink or blue - let us know!!! My hubby said he looked at last year's top 100 names and dislikes them all. Thanks, real helpful! Ay yi yi, this one. Good thing he is cute. haha.

Names are so hard! We have it down to 2-3, but I suspect it'll stay that way until the end. Because we're having a boy, DH gets to choose (I was really insistent on girl names if it was a girl) and he's super indecisive and likes the names okay, but doesn't particularly love any one of them.

How's everyone doing with weight gain during pregnancy? I hear so many stories of people losing weight during the first tri, but I gained pretty darn quickly. The intense nausea actually made me want to eat more rather than less, and more junky things that usual. My gain is within the normal range right now, but has been at the upper limit of it. I'm effortfully trying be a little more careful now, with at least working to get more activity each day even if I don't change my eating much.

I'm about 16.5 weeks now, and the frequency of nausea is reducing. Or starting too. Still notice it if I don't eat regularly. Still get a wave of it at night. But nothing close to vomiting, which is nice. Current most disliked symptoms are constant peeing throughout the night and constipation.

Abii - congrats on your baby girl! The sisters will all be so close 💞💞💞

Hopeful - we will be finding out gender on Monday as well!!

Miss Doc - I gained in the 1st tri too...even with severe nausea and weakness and lots of vomitting. Ugh! Lol 8 lbs so far I think and I am 17 weeks. Kinda weird because I had nausea and vomitting with my last pregnancy too and I lost 5 lbs.

I love how everyone is coming back foe the 2nd tri - glad most of us are feeling better now!!

We already have our names picked and agreed on them right away so hopefully we stick with them. Grace for a girl and Jacob (Jake) for a boy.

Great names grateful.

Miss doc: weight gain is so different for every person in pregnancy. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it....

I'm one of the weird ones who lose 5-7 lbs every pregnancy and I'm now 18 weeks and have gained it back. With dd I gained 23 lbs by 41 weeks and with ds I only gained 9 lbs by 37 weeks. I had gd and was eating extremely healthy with ds which made a big difference. Also I'm technically overweight so I am supposed to gain only 20ish lbs...

Well looks like we are team pink this time!!! I was fully expecting boy #2 but she's a girl :)

MissDoc I don't even know how much I've gained so far. I stress out over it so I don't look when I go to the dr. I gained just under 20lbs last time, hopefully I won't gain a ton this time.

Congrats on the girl hopeful one! yay for the cute outfits! haha

I have gained about 9 pounds so far. Since I'm not allowed to work out, it could be worse I suppose. I'm starting 20 pounds lighter than the first pregnancy, so hoping to keep weight gain under control and stay healthier overall. We'll see! I gained SO much water weight and bloating at the end last time. I lost 35 pounds in 2 weeks after delivery last time!

Thanks for chiming in with your experiences ladies. I know it's all so different for everyone. Before pregnancy I was already at the upper border of normal, close to over weight but not quite there. So I'm a little bummed I've gained at the max normal weight, and more bummed because I know it was from poor health habits, not just baby's needs. Trying to be more health conscious now, and did fairly well last week. I won't ever become a food nazi, but I certainly make a better effort to eat more veggies and be active.

Hopeful, congrats on your little girl! That's really exciting!

I think I spoke too soon about nausea reducing this morning. Today has been super awful, out of the blue. Nausea, fatigue, weakness, headache. Just icky all around. Hoping it's a one day thing and I'm back to baseline tomorrow. It has made me super unproductive at work today.

My poor 2 yo DD had the stomach bug this weekend and now has the runs. She is feeling a bit better today but still working from home with my Mom here to help. Poor thing, hope she feels better soon! Starting to make me think about having 2 kiddos, don't know how I'd do it all... but I guess you just do it!

Hey hopeful:wave: glad you're back and feeling better :) congratulations on being team pink:flower:

Grateful how did your scan go?:flower:

Missdoc I have gained around 10lbs so far this time and I am 19 weeks as of today. I'm pretty happy with my weight gain so far because with my first I gained 60 and had gained 20 by this point & with my second I gained 40 but most of it packed on during the last tri which is probably going to happen again:dohh: either way I wouldn't worry if I were you, everyone carries weight differently and every pregnancy and baby are different :) and I'm sorry you're feeling sick, I hope you feel better soon:flow:

Twinklie I'm sorry you daughter is sick :( my daughters caught a bug earlier this week too and it was not fun, I hope she feels better soon.

Rubysmommy are you going to be finding out the gender? :)

And I love all of the name choices! I can't wait to see what the final results are:happydance: I hope we will keep touch after the babies are born<3

Hopeful - Congrats on your baby girl!! How exciting!!!

Miss Doc - hope you feel better soon and that it was a fluke

Abii - my scan is this Monday...I'm so excited and praying baby is doing good in there. Thank you for asking :flower:

Twinklie - awe hope shes feeling better quickly. It so sad when they are sick

Hi ladies! I've been on a bit of a bnb silent stalking stint, but am back.

I also love the name Mackenzie! It was on my list but we decided to go with Rebecca Rose (or Rebecca Rosebud if OH has his way). Margaret Rose is so gorgeous, classic! Rubys, I think all three of those are great boys names :) The tongue-tie bit will work itself out, I'm sure!

hopeful, glad to see you back! Any progress on the names front? Larkin is such a great girl's name! Congrats on team pink! Welcome to my world :)

MissDoc, I hear sometimes once you meet the bubs a certain name just seems right, so it's kind of nice to go in there with options!

Weight gain. First tri I gained 4lbs, and now I'm up 5 more, total of 9 at almost 19 weeks. I started out overweight, so I'm not supposed to gain much, but the OB seems happy so far. I'm concerned because I know I'll gain more now than I have...but I think everyone gains differently! I'm going to be working on cutting out the sugar, though, for sure. If eating makes you feel better, go for it! Anyone else have stories of how much they gained in the second half of pregnancy for previous pregnancies? Does it speed up, or is it just variable each time?

Twinklie, hope DD feels all the way better by now!

Grateful, wonderful name selections!

Luckily DD is feeling better now! Still restricting milk just to be safe since it seemed to make the diarrhea worse.

I like the following names for now... Benjamin, Christopher, Brandon, Matthew, Brayden.

I'm letting hubby pick names he likes first because otherwise he just vetoes all mine!

Those are all great names! I totally get you on the hubby front...my OH was exactly the same way...

I love all the names!

Right now we are saying her name will be Coralee. I'm not sure if we will change our minds though.

Aw Coralee sounds lovely!

I have my anatomy ulstrasound and next cervical length check tomorrow. FX all goes well. My mom is coming with me, as my hubby had an existing appointment he couldn't change.

We had our anatomy scan today! Tech said the baby looks wonderful and we found out we are having boy #3! Those are some odds! :winkwink:

Good luck tomorrow Twinklie! Can't wait to hear about your scan!

Abii- we are staying team yellow again! We love the end surprise :)
Thanks becca! Rebecca rose is beautiful :)
Good luck twinklie! My anatomy scan is Wednesday!! I can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->