May Lily's 2017

Glad to hear it Ninja! AWE!! <3 <3 <3 Happy 8 weeks!

There is nothing like PAL, but its true the better you get. The more at ease... I have loved having a doppler. I've been listening to baby every night since 8+5.

Yay! The May Babies are entering their 2nd trimester soon... <3

Yay for the scan Ninjapanda! Hugs.

Had my oncologist appt. She didn't do another test on the spot just because of my past early miscarriages. So we schedule my cone biopsy surgery for 13 weeks which is 11/2. She did take a look and said I definitely at least still have the original stage 0 diagnosis, possibly worse but hard to tell on a pregnant cervix. Said my cervix was tightly closed and larger which is good, more room for the biopsy. She did stress that there is a risk of miscarriage up to 4 weeks after the biopsy. So really shouldn't tell the world until like 17 weeks. Assuming all goes well (I am staying positive) it will be so hard to hide my bump for that long! Esp they say second time moms pop sooner. Oh well. The doctor and my husband want me focusing on my health first and foremost. But I can't help but think about the baby. I'm really going to have to hope time flies and things go well.

I've not updated for a little while, but I had my first appointment with the midwife on Tuesday @ 6 weeks. I've had previous recurrent miscarriages and a bit of spotting this pregnancy, as well as tests that went from being as dark as the control to squinters again and back again. My digital tests went from 2-3 and then when they should have gone to 3+ they dropped to 1-2... But then went up again to 3+ a few days later. So confusing. She's booked me an early scan for Sunday morning so I'll be 6+5 and I'm extremely nervous.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well for you, Twink! I can't imagine what it's like to go through what you are. You are so strong. Keep staying positive <3

So sorry to hear that, twinklie! Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Welcome to the new ladies. :)

Afm: I had my midwife appt on sept. 27 and got a dating ultrasound. Baby measured 8w2d (which is right according to the day I had a +opk) at my appt and according to lmp I was 8w4d so they are going with lmp due date of may 5. Heart rate was 162 bpm. Won't go back until 14 weeks. And I will have a level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks since ds has a genetic kidney issue.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Had my early scan today at 6+5 and they found a heartbeat, feeling very reassured now :cloud9:

kit - so glad you got some re-assurance today, love hearing that heartbeat!!!

All of my appointments and surgery is scheduled now. I see the high risk OB in Boston Wednesday and get an ultrasound right before the appointment. So hoping to see a healthy bean in 2 days.

Then I have my 12 week US and appointment with my regular OB 10/27. Pre-op 10/31, and surgery 11/2 when I am 13 weeks along. Hoping all goes well, biopsies come back ok, and this little bean stays snugly implanted.

It's tough feeling like I can't fully celebrate being pregnant... :/

Kit, that's great news! Congrats. :)

Twinklie, hang in there. So glad you've got everything scheduled and I hope that it all goes very smoothly and that little baby stays stuck like super glue!

Ruby, congrats on a good scan with a great heart beat.

AFM, my scan this morning went very well. Just adorable. The little one was wiggling! Literally, waving it's little arms and legs all over, so it looked like a dancing gummy bear. It was the sweetest site ever. And a great heart beat of 175. I'm in love with this wiggly gummy bear and hope it keeps going well. :)

I hope that your scan goes well Twinklie and that the biopsies come back ok too :hugs: I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now xx

Glad your scan went well as well MissDoc :)

Great news on that scan Miss Doc!!! Love seeing a wriggly baby!

I had my appointment with the high risk OB today and an ultrasound. The baby looked great - more like a baby than a blob now! Wriggling little legs here, too. Heartbeat of 170! Measured 10+1 and I am 10 weeks today.

We have a few more answers on how the rest of my pregnancy might work. I will be seeing this high risk OB in the city now, not my regular doctor. Two weeks after the cervical biopsy surgery, when I am 15 weeks, he will check the length of my cervix. We have to hope it's at least 2.5 cm or else I am very high risk for pre term labor. He warned me that I could even be put on hospitalized bed rest. We also need the biopsy to come back good (cancer not too invasive), or else we have really sad, sad decisions to make that I don't want to think about. So basically need to hope for a good biopsy and a long cervix. Fingers crossed.... and back to waiting.

Twinklie, my fingers, toes, and everything I can cross are crossed for you for a good biopsy and a nice long cervix. It will be really unpleasant to wait 5 weeks to get that information, but my hope and sense of things is at the very least your biopsy will be good because you've had such slow growth/non invasive presentation of cancer cells so far. I hope that continues. I pray deeply that you get to carry this little one fully to term safely.

Thanks Miss Doc! Trying to stay positive in this limbo land!

MissDoc, congrats on the lovely scan! Isn't it so amazing how they move around like that? :lol: You're the only other person who I've seen mention them as little gummy bears - I totally agree!

Twinklie - congrats to you as well, so glad to hear the baby is looking great with an awesome HB. You know we are all thinking and hoping for you for the best possible outcomes.

AFM - not much new to report! My next scan is a week from today, which will be the nuchal and bloodwork. I'm going to request that blood test that will tell you the gender early (along the lines of the harmony test) as well as test for chromosomal issues.

Just curious - how are our bumps coming along? I have no bump, and I don't mind, but I wondered how much it varied in our little group.

Becca, they DO look like little gummy bears. Lol. Totally. I'll send you good vibes for a great scan next week. My last weekly scan is tomorrow, then I'm not sure when I'll have the next one. So excited to see the little one though. I'm also doing the blood testing. Mine is on Thursday this week. Hope it doesn't take too long to get the results back.

I have a tiny little bump. I've only gained 2 lbs as of this morning, and I blame most of that on carbs and not exercising. Luckily I had lost weight in the past few months so people will just think I fell off the diet bandwagon, haha. And luckily I still have my pants one size bigger that I can wear to work! I will try to upload a pic I took yesterday in a bit.

I did tell my Mom, Dad, and brother this weekend, and my boss this afternoon. It's a bit of a relief to have the cat out of the bag with some people, with both my good and concerning news.

I don't think I have a bump yet.... probably more bloat from not running (which I used to do 10k/day) and eating a bunch of carbs and such. I look forward to getting one though. I had my follow up appointment from my ultrasound and I've only gained 2 lbs since I was last in but my weight has fluctuated A LOT so far. At one point I was up 7lbs. Anyways, doc said everything looked good on my ultrasound but apparently they did find a fairly large cyst on my ovary. He said that if it is still there after I give birth, they will have to remove it but overall he wasn't too concerned. The hypochondriac in me freaked out though.

Glad you had a good scan ninja. I think cysts are fairly common - try not to worry!

Don't let it freak you out too much, Ninja. I have a cervical polyp that needs to be removed, but won't be until after baby is born. I've been assured it's no big deal at all and lots of women have polyps or cysts and just never even know about them.

Had my scan today! Baby was measuring a couple days ahead and everything looked beautiful. Flailing arms and legs... even saw fingers and tiny feet. Heart beat still wonderful. Wiggly babies are the best on scans. So precious! That's my last weekly scan because I'm being discharged from the fertility clinic and sent back to obgyn. I've been so spoiled getting to see this baby so much, it'll be hard to revert to "care as usual." Lol.

Yay for your scan, missdoc! Glad to hear it :) Sounds like our bumps or lack thereof are all progressing at different rates - so interesting! As for cysts - I have one as well, but it's so small they aren't concerned about it at all. Super common, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->