May Marvels 2018

Congratulations on your scan Rosie! Waiting impatiently for your news! Planning cute Christmas cards with a scan picture to announce our second baby boy's name at the moment. ;)

I hear all you ladies about the nipple soreness. Mine are soooo painful until the end of the second trimester. Have been in my first pregnancy as well and seems to be the same story this time.

My nipples are the freakin main attraction these days. I have to wear layer upon layer otherwise I'm gonna poke someones eye out! They are so sensitive! Sometimes they twinge and it about floors me.

Oh and is that your placenta at the top of the pic!?

It is my placenta! The scan is from the side as baby is head down in this image. My placenta is on the front wall and baba was having a good old play with the cord! Still crossed ankles like at the 12 weeker!

I’m v excited to see the reactions later!

Rosie that's a lovely picture. Pretty amazing to get your placenta in there too. I've never seen mine on any ultrasound.

I'm so excited to find out what you're having. I think boy maybe?

What a great scan pic Rosie, so clear! I thought boy not because anything is showing but just a feeling.

That is so cool about your placenta. I agree, I've never seen mine on any of my ultrasounds. What a neat picture to have baby and the placenta in one shot. Hope your kids are excited when they find out what their little sibling will be!

I'm kind of weirdly feeling not pregnant any more. Yesterday I did need to have a nap during the day, but in the evening I was not tired at all, my boobs didn't hurt either. And I swear my belly has not grown at all since 14 weeks! I'm looking forward to hearing hb on monday at next mw to reassure me :/

Reiko every morning I wake up (slightly panicked) feeling not pregnant. I feel very little movement and really have to concentrate to feel it so I pull out my Doppler to reassure myself. Another few weeks and we will be feeling movements on the inside and out and bellies will be bigger.
Soon enough I’ll be complaining about belly being too big and feet in my ribs that I’ll be wishing for this ‘not feeling pregnant’ stage lol.

Rosie you are killing us over here!!!

Wicky, I love the pictures! What doppler are you thinking of going with?

I haven't actually picked one. I'm open to recommendations for something economical but reliable (or at least easy to use!).

DW heard the heartbeat for the first time this week and she was so excited. I was just pleased that they finally found it with the doppler, as previously they had to do an ultrasound every visit to make sure baby was ok. Now I can move forward with getting a doppler, as I know baby's big enough! :happydance:

Reiko every morning I wake up (slightly panicked) feeling not pregnant. I feel very little movement and really have to concentrate to feel it so I pull out my Doppler to reassure myself. Another few weeks and we will be feeling movements on the inside and out and bellies will be bigger.
Soon enough I’ll be complaining about belly being too big and feet in my ribs that I’ll be wishing for this ‘not feeling pregnant’ stage lol.

Rosie you are killing us over here!!!

I can't wait for my ultrasound! I wish I could just be reassured that since I've made it this far I shouldn't be worried anymore. And I should be glad because at this point with my second dd I could barely walk and had to go off work at 20 weeks. Not even close to that this time. But It's just so weird not feeling the baby at 17.5 weeks :/. I'm hoping the mw finds a hb super easy on Monday like she did at my 12 week app. I know it's morbid to type it, but I'm having thoughts that the baby has stopped growing and my body just hasn't figured it out yet :( I shouldn't but I am :(

I am so behind on the thread! I was completely flattened by morning sickness for a few days, then out of town for Thanksgiving, then more morning sickness and exhaustion, so I was about 10 days behind. Whew, this thread moves fast!

Anyway, it was great to see all the milestones of 15, 16, and 17 weeks and the upcoming or recent scans and gender reveals! I'm so sorry for those of us who still feel like crap despite being firmly in the 2nd tri. I can't imagine trying to do this with other kids, so I am in awe of you mammas who have other LO at home!

My OB officially diagnosed me with HG this week, although I think she had done so about three weeks ago and just didn't tell me. I am on a lovely combo of Phenergan at bedtime, B6 in the morning and evening, and Zofran in between to just keep the vomiting at bay. I totally hear you ladies who talked about it taking all your energy to keep from throwing up. I am the same way. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth trying so hard, but I know it isn't like a stomach bug, where you feel better after throwing up. The dizziness and nausea has me quite exasperated. And I'm soooo exhasted all the time. On top of it all, I've lost almost 7 pounds in the last three weeks due to nausea, vomiting, and having no appetite. OB said not to worry unless I lose more... but that was 2 pounds ago. I just hope it's early enough that it won't hurt the baby, since I'm getting my prenatal in every evening.

On the good news front, I got my cell free fetal DNA results back last week. No abnormalities detected on any chromosomes, including sex chromosomes. We are relieved and will just have the AFP in a couple of weeks and forgo the CVS or Amnio. They were able to see 2 X chromosomes, so they said it's a girl with 95% certainty. The anatomy scan on December 27 will let us know for sure. But for now, we're telling just a few close family members and keeping it a secret, just in case. We aren't telling my mom because if the blood test was wrong, she would be so confused about the "change" in sex at the anatomy scan LOL. So for the moment, we're a cautious team pink :winkwink:

Oh, and Rosie, we're all on tenterhooks waiting for your reveal... can't wait to see what you're having. I'm guessing girl, but I'm terrible at reading ultrasound images! :haha:

I can't wait for my ultrasound! I wish I could just be reassured that since I've made it this far I shouldn't be worried anymore. And I should be glad because at this point with my second dd I could barely walk and had to go off work at 20 weeks. Not even close to that this time. But It's just so weird not feeling the baby at 17.5 weeks :/. I'm hoping the mw finds a hb super easy on Monday like she did at my 12 week app. I know it's morbid to type it, but I'm having thoughts that the baby has stopped growing and my body just hasn't figured it out yet :( I shouldn't but I am :(

:hugs: I am so sorry you are feeling so uncertain. I hope you get the reassurance you need next week at the MW. Honestly, if I didn't feel so sick, I would be worried, too. I just know how much of a miracle it is that babies are born, and it makes me worry. I just try not to dwell on it too much, but every appointment I worry they won't find a heartbeat, so I know what you mean. I think that's why I'm planning to get a doppler...

Reiko-My Doppler is what keeps those thoughts from taking over. I didn’t plan to use it as often as I am but the feeling of ‘it all being over’ is more than I can deal with. This is right around when ds passed away so I just feel on edge. The mind is pretty powerful and not feeling anything or very little is hard. Did they determine you do have an anterior placenta?
I’m sure you will go in Monday and all will be fine. Just a few more days!

Wicky-I have a sonoline B Doppler and it’s fantastic and didn’t break the bank. Honestly the peace of mind is well worth it!

Ready my mw said I probably do have ant placenta but won't find out till my scan on the 19th. If I can just hear a nice hb on Monday I'm sure I'll start feeling a bit more movement in the few weeks till the scan. I am having tiny movements that I think are the baby but of course I can't be sure. Anyways it feels silly to feel that way, but it also feels a little ridiculous to just think that a second tri loss couldn't happen to me. It can happen to any of us. But of course I want to be hopeful for all of us to make it to the end in May <3

I think Rosie forgot about us guys XD lolol!!

Rosie come back!!! We need to know!!!

The doppler I have is an Angelsounds doppler. I've had it since my first pregnancy (7 years ago) and it still works as well as when I first got it.

Reiko I keep having the same thoughts, what if something is wrong etc etc. I really wish I'd bought a Doppler but it's a little late in the day now I think.

My brain just keeps telling me this can't be real, I can't have made it this far, my and my DH are never going to have a baby together. Something is going to go wrong.

I have a midwife app next week where she should be checking heartbeat. I just hope she can find it without the 5 mins of pain the dr inflicted.

I would recommend getting s Doppler so much!! I go a few days without feeling anything and it gives me such piece of mind!!! I too have the sonoline B Doppler and it's brilliant!!
Congratulations on a baby girl wicky!!! Xx

Oh guys! I’m so sorry for leaving you in suspense! I was busy teasing Facebook haha!!

Any last minute guesses? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->