May Marvels 2018

Congratulations Reiko and Viera! Feels very weird over here on team blue. Very quiet hahaha.

Reiko my scan took a long time too. I was really panicking but she said everything is fine, she was just struggling to get certain measurements. Maybe the lady who did yours was a bit new and just went for advice.

I'm still really shocked I'm having a boy. I was so convinced baby was a girl. Like it hasn't really sunk in yet. I think I'm more sad I'll never have a girl now than anything else. But as long as baby is healthy it really doesn't matter. I'll love him just the same. Ofc, he won't have a name until he's born now because we had no boy names at all. DH is pulling his hair out saying he "has" to pick a name and I'm much more chill saying I'll wait to meet little man and see who he is.

I used my one good boy name on DS. Any ideas ladies :haha:

Oh I asked at my scan and my placenta is at the front. So that explains the lack of movement and muffled feeling.

My scan took FOREVER! Baby wouldn't co-operate and it took us AN HOUR AND A HALF to get it done!

Yikes Viera! Mine wasn't that long, about 30 mins. But I had all the "empty your bladder, turn on your side, put your arm above your head, go for a walk" business

It was nerve wracking though, my scan with DS was really quick and easy compared.

Congratulations Reiko and Viera! Feels very weird over here on team blue. Very quiet hahaha.

Reiko my scan took a long time too. I was really panicking but she said everything is fine, she was just struggling to get certain measurements. Maybe the lady who did yours was a bit new and just went for advice.

I'm still really shocked I'm having a boy. I was so convinced baby was a girl. Like it hasn't really sunk in yet. I think I'm more sad I'll never have a girl now than anything else. But as long as baby is healthy it really doesn't matter. I'll love him just the same. Ofc, he won't have a name until he's born now because we had no boy names at all. DH is pulling his hair out saying he "has" to pick a name and I'm much more chill saying I'll wait to meet little man and see who he is.

I used my one good boy name on DS. Any ideas ladies :haha:

Oh I asked at my scan and my placenta is at the front. So that explains the lack of movement and muffled feeling.

Broken, we were the exact opposite in that we had a boy's name picked out before I was even pregnant but were really struggling with girl names. So far luckily I haven't changed my mind...In fact I just ordered Christmas/New Year cards announcing baby boy'a name, hehe.

I know a little Joshua, my bridesmaid's son ❤, so I am biased.

Ladies. I'm back from scan.

I'm :blue:

I'm absolutely shocked. I was convinced Nev was a girl. But nope. Baby boy. Balancing out all this team pink haha

Congrats on your boy! I understand what you said about feeling sad you'll never have a girl. I think I will have some trouble getting over that myself. But I think I've come to terms with the fact that ours is probably a boy and that I will love it just the same. Just want it to be healthy. We'll find out in two days!!

Ladies! We are having a girl!!!

Congrats Viera! I'll bet you're over the moon with already having two boys and all.

We're pink too!!

Me and dH are shocked, we definitely thought blue.

Three girlies for us... #girlmom!!

But, I felt like my u/s tech took a long time. It took about 35 mins total and she came and left twice. So I'm worried something didn't quite look right. Will see if I get a call tomorrow from my mw...

Congrats Reiko! Glad you got what you wanted.

BUMPS: Mine is out there for a FTM, but most of it was 40 year-old bloat starting, lol.

SCAN: Ours is Thursday but hubs won't let us know until Christmas. Hoping for a boy but dang, the odds here...3 women at my job are pregnant and all having girls. Hope I beat all the odds! I'll let you know Monday morning.

Cheluzal-I hope you get your boy. You deserve it after how miserable your pregnancy has been. Can't wait to hear how your X-mas reveal goes!

Chibi Joshua was my one good name haha. Joshua Thomas after my grandad (the Thomas bit)

We have the middle names sorted. Brian for my DHs late grandad and Steven for my dad. It's just the first name haha. I'm leaning towards another J name. Jacob is high on the list right now. As is Jack and Jonathan xD
I've changed my mind a hundred times now. Going to have to just meet this little one and see who he is.

Mrsstrezy I know what you mean. I love this little one exactly the same and I'm happy to be having a healthy boy. It's just a shock because I was so convinced baby was a girl. Like 100%, no doubt in my mind.
My sad will go in a few days I'm sure. I'll except my life of boring boy clothes and no dresses or cute girl clothes :haha:

We bought our first baby purchase today. The Moses basket. For my uk ladies it's the Kinder Valley Little Star one from Asda. Although I'm sure ladies in the rest of the world could find it on amazon and such.

Bit of a moan though, my DS is the first son to be born into my maternal family for 3 generations. Grandad had daughters, his daughters had daughters, I had DS. Before my DS was born I changed my name to my mums maiden name, grandads name obvs. My DS has my surname. My husband took my name when we married. My kids are the only legacy my grandad actually has (name wise I mean) cos all his daughters got married.
So having another boy, another son to carry on the family name I thought my grandad would be thrilled. He was over the moon when DS was born. I rang him last night to tell him and he couldn't care less. Literally so disinterested. I'm really upset about it. I thought he'd be thrilled. And it's just making me insecure he's going to be playing favourites and this baby is going to be second to my son in his eyes and I can't have that.

Small rant but it did kind of spoil sharing the news last night.

Broken that's terrible about sharing the news. Definitely spoiled it a bit. I'm sorry! My whole family is expecting boy so I think there will be some disappointment. We don't have anyone carrying on the family name yet, and DH works in carpentry with his brothers and father so it would kind of be like adding another little possible worker which would've been fun (not that girls can't do carpentry).

I've built up this pregnancy as a boy so much, I made a list of all the great things about having a boy, that honestly I'm a little disappointed that it's a girl. Which is so weird because I definitely would love another girl. Gender disappointment works in such a weird way. Maybe it's not disappointment, just shock and wrapping my head around it?

No cal from the mw yesterday but my appointment wasn't done till 3:30 so they probably won't read the report until today. So hopefully no call today and that will put my mind at ease. But they are also pretty bad at colmunicTing with other offices so they might just let it sit on their fax machine for a few days who knows... I might call tomorrow morning if they don't call today.

Congrats ladies on the gender reveals! Finally a boy showed up haha!

Reiko that's kind of how I feel. I'd built up how amazing having a daughter would be, and how perfect to have one of each and that. And while I love this baby just as much as I did yesterday before I found out, I'm finding it hard to be excited ATM. I'm sure it will pass as the pregnancy moves on and certainly when I see his little face for the first time.

Your girls might choose to keep their family name if they get married though. I refused to give my bio dads name to DS so took my mums maiden name. Then refused to take DHs surname when we got married (more for DS so we were all a family). Besides, his surname was horrible :haha:

Times are a'changing. "Traditional" marriage is getting less common.

Broken were a pretty traditional family so sticking with their maiden name
Would be a shocker if our girls did lol!! But doesn't mean it won't happen. My name is a bit nicer than DH's but I was excited to marry into his family!

I'm just hoping in 20 years the "brides parents pay for the wedding" tradition will be out of fashion XD

Congratulations reiko and viera on the baby girls!!!

Congratulations broken in your little boy!!! Finally another boy lol.
How about the name Jamie 😉

Good luck cheluzal for your scan!!

I had my consultant appointment today was very straight forward, blood pressure was fine, urine fine we heard babies hb and we went through past labours and birth weights and if I've had any major bleeds ( thankfully not) she thinks I will have a good pregnancy and my labour will be fine FX!! So all great. Booked my GTT test for the 26th Feb then follow up for results on the 2nd march.

Reiko that's kind of how I feel. I'd built up how amazing having a daughter would be, and how perfect to have one of each and that. And while I love this baby just as much as I did yesterday before I found out, I'm finding it hard to be excited ATM. I'm sure it will pass as the pregnancy moves on and certainly when I see his little face for the first time.

Your girls might choose to keep their family name if they get married though. I refused to give my bio dads name to DS so took my mums maiden name. Then refused to take DHs surname when we got married (more for DS so we were all a family). Besides, his surname was horrible :haha:

Times are a'changing. "Traditional" marriage is getting less common.

What a bummer about Granddad, and what a surprise after his reaction last time. I'm sure your own feelings about all this will pass, but I think it's good to just feel them for a bit. <3

On another note, I'm always so amazed when I find another family where someone's husband took their name! (Mostly, among our friends, no one changes their surnames, and very few wear rings. All making our own traditions!)

We talked about it a ton beforehand; he had a very common last name, and his dad was sort of the black sheep of the family, so it had less pull than it might've. My surname is very uncommon and very specific to the country where my dad was born; it's got so much history it feels like a physical piece of me. I grew up in a family with different names (mom didn't change hers when she married my dad; she did when she married my stepdad, though), so this whole "one roof, one surname" game is new to me!

Reiko my family was very traditional about married names and such. But I've literally been a trend breaker since birth (out of wedlock baby) and haven't stopped :haha:
I hated my maiden name and my DHs name. Plus with me and DS having the same name I would never have taken a new surname and left my son out. It was my condition to even get married, that DH took our name.

I hope brides family paying for everything does die out, but if it does looks like I'll be stuck with the bill for my boys :haha:

Ricschick James is on the list too. Jamie is a good name (;

Mrsstrezy people are always surprised to learn about me and DH. Like is a huge deal to them. My DH actually had to pay for a deed poll certificate because no where would accept our marriage certificate as proof of his name change. It was mad.

Not going to lie. I told my DH straight that I didn't ever want to get married but because we had too (my mum was terminally ill, I'm an only child, I wanted her to see my wedding. She didn't make it to the date) I would only do it if he took my name. For reasons to do with my son. And DH was absolutely fine with it. His family went a bit nuts over it but he stood firm. I think its becoming more common for girls to keep their name and I like the trend. But I am the breaker of tradition in my family. Soooo probably shouldn't listen to me :haha:

Congrats too all on the scans and also loving bump pics! I can't wait to have my anomaly scan in 35 hours (not that I am counting). We are 20 weeks on Friday and I forgot to do the pic this week/we couldn't find a mango bigger than last week's sweet potato haha

Rosie you should've done the hotdog like your siggy says... that would've been a really funny pic!!

Chibi Joshua was my one good name haha. Joshua Thomas after my grandad (the Thomas bit)

We have the middle names sorted. Brian for my DHs late grandad and Steven for my dad. It's just the first name haha. I'm leaning towards another J name. Jacob is high on the list right now. As is Jack and Jonathan xD
I've changed my mind a hundred times now. Going to have to just meet this little one and see who he is.

Mrsstrezy I know what you mean. I love this little one exactly the same and I'm happy to be having a healthy boy. It's just a shock because I was so convinced baby was a girl. Like 100%, no doubt in my mind.
My sad will go in a few days I'm sure. I'll except my life of boring boy clothes and no dresses or cute girl clothes :haha:

We bought our first baby purchase today. The Moses basket. For my uk ladies it's the Kinder Valley Little Star one from Asda. Although I'm sure ladies in the rest of the world could find it on amazon and such.

Bit of a moan though, my DS is the first son to be born into my maternal family for 3 generations. Grandad had daughters, his daughters had daughters, I had DS. Before my DS was born I changed my name to my mums maiden name, grandads name obvs. My DS has my surname. My husband took my name when we married. My kids are the only legacy my grandad actually has (name wise I mean) cos all his daughters got married.
So having another boy, another son to carry on the family name I thought my grandad would be thrilled. He was over the moon when DS was born. I rang him last night to tell him and he couldn't care less. Literally so disinterested. I'm really upset about it. I thought he'd be thrilled. And it's just making me insecure he's going to be playing favourites and this baby is going to be second to my son in his eyes and I can't have that.

Small rant but it did kind of spoil sharing the news last night.

Those are great name choices Broken! Jakob is the middle name of Joshua's older brother. Jonathan is my nephew, so I am biased again. ;P &#10084;

Cheluzal-I hope you get your boy. You deserve it after how miserable your pregnancy has been. Can't wait to hear how your X-mas reveal goes!

Thank you, thank you! I keep justifying/bargaining with God about it, lol.
My mom is convinced it's a boy/ Has bought all these boy clothes.

Rosie you should've done the hotdog like your siggy says... that would've been a really funny pic!!

Hahahaha I know! That would have been so funny to have that amid the fruit and veg. Think we can do them fornightly now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->