May Marvels 2018

I know this isn't how probability works at ALL but it just seems like a boy would balance everything out nicely, right?

EGG-zactly! :flower:

I feel like we really should be closer to 50/50 than we are now though. We have what, 3 boys!? And like 10 girls... so we're bound to end up closer to 50/50 at the end. The later gender scans must be mostly boys!?!? Surely??

Although I know the summer DD1 was born all the babies were girls!!

There's me and Chibi and I think a couple of girls in the fb group have boys too.

I want some more team blue now haha. It's too quiet over here ��

Happy 20 weeks kitten!!
Can you believe that we are all nearly halfway!!!!

It's lovely how some of your dh took your name! I took my husbands name but he has his mums surname rather than his dad's as he was an arsehole! Lol.
We didn't get married until 4 n half years ago so I had a different surname for 4 of our children so it's lovely now that we all have the same name! It's funny my dh calls me a muggle like out of Harry Potter because I'm not a true blood 😂😂

Everyone set for Christmas? We're going food shopping later for all the treats! And mil is going for fresh on Saturday as we will be down the caravan.

We've got the main bulk of food, my freezer is bursting. We're going tomorrow for the last bits of fresh food we need (and to pick out a first outfit now we know baby is a boy. My hubs can't wait bless him)
But otherwise, all the presents are wrapped, stockings are stuffed, cupboards are full. We're as ready as we're going to get.

My poor DH has to go to work for a few hours on Christmas Day though. So it's a late dinner for us as he doesn't finish until 5. But never mind.

I haven't wrapped any presents yet, haha. Everything's bought and ordered though. Still trying to find a tree. I am not prepared this Christmas. It's still 20 degrees (Celsius) here anyway and no one is big on Christmas so it will be a plastic one.

My son had his Christmas party at kindergarten today. Tomorrow, I am invited to a Christmas dinner, followed by a housewarming/Christmas/BBQ party on Saturday. Christmas Eve we'll be at home. :)

Are Cheluzal and I the only ones with gender scans this week? Can’t believe I find out tomorrow!! Broken, I’m sure I’ll be joining you on team blue, so don’t worry:)

Yes GL on the next scans ladies!! We need to bump up the team blue numbers lol.

No call from the mw yesterday about the scan... if we get through today without a call I will feel in the clear. I think I'll call this afternoon and check in, see if it was flagged and if anyone has read it yet. Last pregnancy they called me the same day with my scan results, but that mw is no longer there, and they didn't call me at all when I failed my GTT! I had to see the results online to know! Good thing I knew how to manage GD without their guidance. Anyways I hope they've read the report and it was all good.

Our parents host our Christmases so I don't have anything to prep! Pressies are wrapped and ready. I need to pick up one more gift card. For Christmas Eve I'm doing appetizer type things for dinner so need to pick some groceries up for that today, but other than that nothing to do but wait! I have to work 2 shifts Friday and Saturday too. Im really excited for Christmas, just for the kids sake.

Broken that is so cute about the outfit and DH being excited. Mine texted me the day after our scan and said, wow it just hit me we'll have 3 girls. He's really excited too. He's such a good girl dad :)

Hi ladies! Love this chatty group and feel badly I can’t join in more frequently! Congrats on all the beautiful scans and good luck to those who are still waiting. I had mine on Dec. 11 and all went beautifully, thank goodness. I have an anterior placenta this time and I’ve only just begun to feel some movement-like sensations. Love that we are due date twins, Viera. I am off today and feeling so lazy, but excited about the holidays. Going to start the Christmas cookie baking frenzy today! Also think I might make a nice cranberry orange loaf. Yum! I actually have a phone interview tonight for a potential job as an outpatient colorectal PA and an in person interview for a hepatobiliary PA on January 4. I’m so ANXIOUS about interviewing while very pregnant! My belly has really popped from one week to the next.

Time is flying by! Can’t believe that we are all half way or pretty close to half way!

Attachments

• BBF068A6-1E13-4C3A-A0A6-338087B1B14E.jpg
    BBF068A6-1E13-4C3A-A0A6-338087B1B14E.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
Good luck for the scans ladies! I can't wait to hear the results.

I have an anterior placenta too Hope, I'm hoping I start feeling some regular movement soon. Love your bump pic!

Reiko that's lovely about your DH. I don't think my DH has the same kind of disappointment as me, he's thrilled with a boy (I mean so I am, but gender disappointment is weird)

My Moses basket arrived today. First baby purchase! Going to be ordering pram soon. Eeeek!

My doctors office gave me a stack of gift cards to 12 different websites (rufflebuns.com, babyleggings.com, etc) totaling over $500.00! Now that I know what we are having, I can't wait to start using them!

Can't wait to hear the results of the upcoming scans, ladies!

Broken yes Gender disappointment is such a weird thing to experience!!

I too have anterior placenta, the tech told me, because she asked me if I was feeling the baby move around during the scan b/c she was so active. I didn't feel a thing!! But can definitely feel her move every hour or so.

Well I had my U/S earlier and just got the call from the MW stating everything is normal. I am SOOO relieved!! I am going to try and enjoy the rest of this pregnancy and not stress.

Ready I'm so incredibly happy for you!! You deserve that news. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy growing that pink bundle!! I can't remember, do you have her name picked out yet?

Got through 3 hour glucose without getting sick.
Scan at "advanced maternal mom" special clinic (free 4D, yo) said everything looked perfect!!! I get another in 3.5 weeks just because I'm older and wiser.

Gender envelope sitting in my stocking taunting me, arg...
Here's my little Nerdlette. It kept turning its back and keeping hand over eyes...oh, woe is me in utero...lol...then flopped on face and refused anymore pics, just like at the 12-week scan.

Attachments

• baby close up.jpg
    baby close up.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
  • on face.jpg
    on face.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 4
  • on side.jpg
    on side.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Reiko! Feeling somewhat at ease. We don’t have a name picked, DH has been hesitant to discuss much as fear sits pretty deep within both of us. I think now we can move on and really get excited for this little girl.
Chel-you have amazing strength to let that sit there for 4 days! I wouldn’t be able to but then what a great Christmas gift. Love the 3D pics! I was hoping to get ours in 3D but was so nervous and preoccupied I forgot to ask and the tech didn’t offer.
Here’s a (not so great) pic of ours:

Attachments

• 4EDCADCF-312A-410D-90EB-6ED925D871A7.jpg
    4EDCADCF-312A-410D-90EB-6ED925D871A7.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 4
Lovely photos ladies. Chel those dramatics sound just like a girl haha. Your willpower to wait is amazing. I struggled to hang on until DH came in the room so we could find it together.

Ready I'm glad everything came back good. What a massive relief for you and DH. I hope you can relax and get excited about your little girl now.

We went to get last food stuff before Christmas this morning and to get a baby outfit.

Poor DH picked up a beautiful sleep suit. It was lovely. He was 100% going to buy it. Until I pointed out it was thick and fleecy and he had it in 0-3. For a baby born in summer. I swear I ruined his entire day. I told him to get it in a bigger size but he wanted something baby could wear straight away.
I feel dreadful for telling him not to buy it.

We ended up getting a little teddy cuddle blanket and a sleeping bag on sale. The quest for first outfit continues haha.

Hey all! Just calling in.

20 week scan went great; although no decent enough pics so will just wait for our next private scan to have another snapshot to share!

I'm feeling v sorry for myself with a cold; have had to suck it up and stay off work but I work in the town centre so it is a pain in the tush too because I have a couple of errands and don't really want to look like I am skiving :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->