May Marvels 2018

Hi ladies...can I join you all please? I have been reading the posts for ages now but after my best friend had a loss I have kept a bit quiet.

I'm 19+1 with my third baby, have my 20 week scan in a week and am getting quite excited now! Due 23rd May.

This group seems really friendly and chatty...very similar to when I had my first baby in a May group!

Hi ladies!

So fun to see all the scan results these past weeks! I have been feeling terrible with morning sickness and missed the last two weeks of work. I'm a little anxious about this, as a) I'm out of paid time off and b) I'm almost 19 weeks and still really sick a lot of the time. Thanks to this, I've been to the Emergency Department twice this month for fluids. I also have no bump to speak of and am losing weight weekly. I'm nervous about it all, but my OB says everything looks good and to just try to keep eating what I can and drinking sips all day. I just can't keep up with hydration and am feeling like a failure on that front. I know several of you ladies can understand what I mean.

On a happier note, I had my 18 week anatomy scan yesterday and they confirmed it's a girl. They also said baby is developing just fine and there are no physical abnormalities. We have a fetal echocardiogram in 4 weeks because of me being diabetic, so we'll know more about the heart function at that time. So far, so good, though! I am really pleased, as all the stress the last few weeks had me worried. It helped to see baby jumping around on the screen, as she was very active during the scan. They did say I have an anterior placenta, so I was a bit disappointed. I haven't felt baby move yet but was hoping to do so soon. It sounds like it could be several more weeks before that happens, though. I am glad to know, though, as I was starting to get worried about not feeling anything yet!

Anyone have any big plans for New Year's? I am just super excited to greet the year in which my baby will be born!

Oh, and on the hot bath/shower front - I'm in agreement. Showers as hot as I can stand them, especially in winter! But I don't think I could do a bath now, anyway. I got stuck on the floor in my room this morning LOL and thought I'd never get back up... I'd hate to think how hard it would be to get out of the tub, considering the water :haha:

Welcome, Yazzy! This is definitely a chatty group - I have a tough time keeping up. Congratulations on your baby and upcoming scan!

I don't take like blistering hot baths, but I do take really warm ones (and I have for each of my pregnancies). Same with showers. I can't do it any other way XD

Merry Christmas ladies! I hope everyone had a lovely holiday!

Welcome Yazzy!! We are super chatty.

Congratulations on your girl wicky (can't remember if you already knew)
I also have an anterior placenta and I'm struggling to feel movements too. I'm sure they much be happening but I can't identify them. It's making me sad tbh.

Congratulations on your girl wicky (can't remember if you already knew)
I also have an anterior placenta and I'm struggling to feel movements too. I'm sure they much be happening but I can't identify them. It's making me sad tbh.

Thanks, Broken! We had genetic testing that said it was a girl with 95% accuracy, so we knew but were keeping it under wraps until yesterday's scan verified it. As for the anterior placenta, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's bummed about not being able to feel the movements, but I'm sorry you also have to go through this. I've heard that when the movements start, they are much more obvious, though, because it takes a full-blown kick for us to feel it. So I guess I'll know when it happens.

Welcome Yazzy!

Wicky sorry to hear you are still sick. I have nothing but serious empathy for you. Congratulations on a healthy scan and girl confirmation. I too have an anterior placenta but am now feeling daily movement very low down. It’s more her rolling around than kicks though.

Anyone ready to put Christmas away? Lol. I love Christmas but the stuff is making me crazy. I had dh bring my totes up so I can start packing it up. Dd bday is New Year’s Day so now my focus is bday party organizing.
On a side note I ordered a new stroller yesterday and it has already shipped!! So exciting!! That and a car seat is all we really need.

Welcome yazzy! We are chatty here :)

Wicky I'm sorry you're still so sick. Do you have any short term medical leave you could take? Or employment insurance? Honestly with the sickness it's probably better to have the ant placenta. Can you imagine being kicked all day when you're feeling so nauseous already? I have it too but I can feel her a bit here and there. Closer to the end it will be really noticeable.

I'm ready to pack up my Christmas stuff but I work weekends so we'll have to do it on The New Year's Day holiday.

Special shout out to my SIL for bringing her toddler with the stomach flu to Christmas dinner and subsequently infecting my 4 year old. She's absolutely miserable and I know my 2 year old will catch it to and likely me as well in the process of cleaning up the vomit. FFS how stupid can she be, she's a pediatric nurse!! Didn't warn any of us he was ill.

Hi ladies!

So fun to see all the scan results these past weeks! I have been feeling terrible with morning sickness and missed the last two weeks of work. I'm a little anxious about this, as a) I'm out of paid time off and b) I'm almost 19 weeks and still really sick a lot of the time. Thanks to this, I've been to the Emergency Department twice this month for fluids. I also have no bump to speak of and am losing weight weekly. I'm nervous about it all, but my OB says everything looks good and to just try to keep eating what I can and drinking sips all day. I just can't keep up with hydration and am feeling like a failure on that front. I know several of you ladies can understand what I mean.

On a happier note, I had my 18 week anatomy scan yesterday and they confirmed it's a girl.

Anyone have any big plans for New Year's? I am just super excited to greet the year in which my baby will be born!

Oh, and on the hot bath/shower front - I'm in agreement. Showers as hot as I can stand them, especially in winter! But I don't think I could do a bath now, anyway. I got stuck on the floor in my room this morning LOL and thought I'd never get back up... I'd hate to think how hard it would be to get out of the tub, considering the water :haha:

I am so sorry about the sickness. I do truly understand. I used up all my sick time so any day off until birth is unpaid for me. I really hope it eases. What meds, if any, are you on? I just started halving my Phenergan at night this week. Belly still a bit ooky at times.

Another girl! The odds here are ridiculous.

And I am dying over you not getting up. My husband says I'm like a turtle on its back when I'm stuck on my back on the bed or couch, legs flailing, rocking back and forth with a helpless look on my face, rofl!

Welcome yazzy!!

Wicky sorry your still having sickness I really hope you feel better soon!!!

Reiko I think that is so selfish!! We had something similar my dh aunt had asked my dh to pop in to see if he could fix her cooker, so me and him pop in there but she had failed to mention that her dh had a really bad stomach bug he was being sick and a bad stomach! 😡😡 I was so annoyed once she then only decided to tell us once we were there 😡 We quickly left and luckily didn't catch it but could you imagine if we had!! All of us would have been sick over Christmas! It's just so selfish!!!

Happy 20 weeks cheluzal

I'm not really a bath person I like a nice hot shower! Having a bath just takes too long lol.

Ha haaaa I love that I have so many kindred spirits here when it comes to baths. I just want it to be hot enough to sweat! And that is exactly what's off-limits! Harumph.

We have a great little digital thermometer (meat thermometer? I have no idea. We don't eat meat) and even still, I have only managed to care enough to obsess about bath temperature once, when super sore last week. I was intent on Epsom salts and finally taking a bath in our beautiful clawfoot tub in our new house. It was magical. (It was not hot enough, but it did the trick.)

Kitten I hear you on the bath!! I have my baths screaming hot every time. I'm so hecking miserable with these cold flipping baths. DH keeps saying "get a bath" to help my hips and my back and it's like a) the bath would be cold (to me) so unenjoyable and b) I'm starting to get worried I wouldnt get out of the bloody thing haha.

100% this! "Get a bath." Ugh. You take a bath if you think it'll help so much, dude! Or better yet, set one up...

Also holy mackerel being sick while pregnant is the worst. I tried to imagine it, and then I got my traditional Christmas cold (not every year, just often enough that it's a thing in my mind) and it is SO MUCH WORSE. And all my favorite coping strategies (DayQuil/NyQuil, screaming hot bath) are off the table! So it's worse AND there's less I can do.

Whenever anyone asks me in the future about Things To Do Before Getting Pregnant, "screaming hot baths if you like them" and "take all the drugs you want when sick" are going on the list. (Also "get to know what your digestion feels like on a normal day.")

Love your descriptor for baths: screaming, rofl. I LOVE hot baths and showers. I haven't taken a bath yet and need to, as hot as I feel comfy and won't disturb baby.
I told him yesterday in the shower that mommy likes hot showers, so deal with it. I stand until it runs out.

Mommy knows what's up. My love for unnecessarily hot shower-standing after I've finished all the practical shower concerns has spiked, too.

Hi ladies...can I join you all please? I have been reading the posts for ages now but after my best friend had a loss I have kept a bit quiet.

I'm 19+1 with my third baby, have my 20 week scan in a week and am getting quite excited now! Due 23rd May.

This group seems really friendly and chatty...very similar to when I had my first baby in a May group!

Yazzy, welcome and congrats! (I say it's perfectly normal to have complicated feelings around something like that. Part of the reason I've really appreciated this group, honestly...not every pregnancy goes the way we'd like, but you never have to be alone.)

Hi ladies!

On a happier note, I had my 18 week anatomy scan yesterday and they confirmed it's a girl. They also said baby is developing just fine and there are no physical abnormalities. We have a fetal echocardiogram in 4 weeks because of me being diabetic, so we'll know more about the heart function at that time. So far, so good, though! I am really pleased, as all the stress the last few weeks had me worried. It helped to see baby jumping around on the screen, as she was very active during the scan. They did say I have an anterior placenta, so I was a bit disappointed. I haven't felt baby move yet but was hoping to do so soon. It sounds like it could be several more weeks before that happens, though. I am glad to know, though, as I was starting to get worried about not feeling anything yet!

Wicky, sorry you're still feeling so awful! But congrats on the girl and so glad to hear everything looks good with her so far.

New Year's, we're walking to the home of some friends, who host a NYE gathering most years. Nice and mellow. And maybe the last time in a while we might make it to midnight?

(I am also laughing about your turtle moment. The tub makes it easier and harder, I think!)

Anyone ready to put Christmas away? Lol. I love Christmas but the stuff is making me crazy. I had dh bring my totes up so I can start packing it up. Dd bday is New Year’s Day so now my focus is bday party organizing.
On a side note I ordered a new stroller yesterday and it has already shipped!! So exciting!! That and a car seat is all we really need.

lol noooo. We have a live tree and only got it inside & decorated on the 23rd, then left for my parents' the 24th! NOT DONE YET :D But it's also almost the only Christmas thing we have out.

Special shout out to my SIL for bringing her toddler with the stomach flu to Christmas dinner and subsequently infecting my 4 year old. She's absolutely miserable and I know my 2 year old will catch it to and likely me as well in the process of cleaning up the vomit. FFS how stupid can she be, she's a pediatric nurse!! Didn't warn any of us he was ill.

WHO DOES THAT. My current state of sickness is "energetic crabbiness" and I am extra irate on your behalf.

Wicky my new yrs plans are going to a big party with all my friends. Sounds lovely right? Nope. My DH has to work both the eve and the day so can't join us after work so we're apart for midnight. And because he's working I have to take DS, which is not really an issue there will be other kids there but it means I'm in "mum mode" all night. Which makes the night less enjoyable.
All in all. It will probably be a nice night, but I would rather stay home with DH as I've done in the past and have people come to me. But the person hosting has twins who are not yet one, so she gets the child allownences I used to get now. Well until May :haha:

Ready my tree came down yesterday. Everything came down. No more Christmas in my house. And I'm late this yr, normally it all comes down on the 27th lol.

Reiko I'm furious on your behalf. Who flipping does that!! Sorry it's Christmas but keep the sick kid at home!! I'm sure the toddler would have much rather been tucked up in bed too.

Guys go on the mothercare website ( not sure you have it in the us?) there sale is fantastic just bought 5 outfits and 2 pairs of pjs and a Moses basket for £39!!!
The Moses basket was £18 reduced from £60!!! 😜😜😜

Ha haaaa I love that I have so many kindred spirits here when it comes to baths. I just want it to be hot enough to sweat! And that is exactly what's off-limits! Harumph.

I took a bath last night! Not as hot as I'd like it (I usually sweat too) but no matter...even lying as low without drowning and my fat belly never went below the surface, rofl.

Resumed a book I have been neglecting. If I can not be lazy again today I will drive out to the bookstore.

CHRISTMAS: We never got around to a tree this year but lights stay up until New Year's-always.

NYE: Hubs and I always stay home and away from the drunks on the road. We're not big on parties and probably won't stay awake until midnight this year, ha.

I don't think we've stayed up till midnight for about 7 years ha!

Uterus is extra sore today. I'm sure it's just stretching but it's always strange when its sore!

I took a bath last night! Not as hot as I'd like it (I usually sweat too) but no matter...even lying as low without drowning and my fat belly never went below the surface, rofl.

GO TEAM BATH!! Even if it's "team Can't Get My Belly Underwater" as well!

I don't think we've stayed up till midnight for about 7 years ha!

Uterus is extra sore today. I'm sure it's just stretching but it's always strange when its sore!

Right? Like, I know it's a muscle, but it seems unfair to have it be sore when it's not something you can exactly work out consciously.

Over here...hello from team Are You Kidding With This Headache I've Had It For Most Of Several Days Now. It is chipping away at my sanity BUT other than that I'm starting to feel much less sick. So. Half-win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->