May Marvels 2018

I'm also Team Can't Get My Belly Underwater. I try but it's absolutely pointless. I need to go swimming ahah.

Sorry about your headache Kitten. I get those days long headaches sometimes and they drive me mad.

So I laid on my tummy last night in bed (trying to get as much tummy time in now cos I know it's gone soon haha) and finally felt some really strong kicks! It's the first time I can hand on heart say that was baby. It was lovely. I wish I could have shared it with DH, I'm impatient for him to finally feel his son wriggle.

Ahh that's lovely broken! I felt baby more too these past 2 days!! But I don't think I could lay on my stomach! Although I'm not much of tummy sleeper anyway.

20 weeks today half way there!!!

Happy 20 weeks Ricschick!!

I'm not a tummy sleeper at all, but I do like to lie on it when I'm watching my iPad in bed, or my back is bad.

Speaking of sleeping, has everyone heard/seen the new guidelines on side sleeping in 3rd tri?

Are there new ones Broken? I remember preferably lie on your left side, if possible, as it offers the least chance of baby's weight cutting off blood supply of the major blood vessels in your back.

I do feel most comfortable on my left side as well but it's getting annoyingly to the point where I can't sleep in any other position.

I don't know if it's "new" but it's been doing the rounds over here. It's to fall asleep on your side, not your back cos it reduces the risk of stillbirth. I don't think it matters which side, as long as it's not your back.

Over here...hello from team Are You Kidding With This Headache I've Had It For Most Of Several Days Now. It is chipping away at my sanity BUT other than that I'm starting to feel much less sick. So. Half-win.

Headaches suck. I had a 3-mong long migraine....no really. It came last December and stayed every day until early March. It would vary in degree and MRI showed nothing, but it made me a zombie. I'd come home and collapse and have no energy....it got to me and made me nauseous, but eventually it worked its way out. I theorize mold from a new room I was in. Had district come and test and of course nothing wrong (like they'd ever admit mold in a school) but I refuse to walk in that room anymore. My building is 62 years old with no upgrades....

Speaking of sleeping, has everyone heard/seen the new guidelines on side sleeping in 3rd tri?

It's amazing women have slept and birthed for millennia, eh? ;)
I keep waking on my back and can't stress otherwise. I figure my body will tell me when it's too uncomfy.

I have the wedge and bigger pillow and start on my side but the right side is the only one I can truly breathe well with. My hips aren't hurting as badly, but the back was better last night, oddly.

PS. Totally forgot to take Phenergan last night and feeling ok so far...I'm waking without a major appetite so I'm not forcing food until my tummy demands, but hopefully no complications today.

I've been taking half all week and wanted to try a quarter next week....

Thanks for all of the welcomes!

I was up until 2.30am this morning with my little boy who suddenly got a vomiting bug...poor little thing, he wanted cuddles so I ended up trying to sleep sat up!

I can't believe how many baby girls are on this thread! We never found out what we were having with our first 2 children but I think we are going to this time eeek!

I'm sorry some of you are still feeling yukky, have to admit I'm taking indigestion stuff everyday because I feel rough without it!

It's amazing women have slept and birthed for millennia, eh? ;)
I keep waking on my back and can't stress otherwise. I figure my body will tell me when it's too uncomfy.

I have the wedge and bigger pillow and start on my side but the right side is the only one I can truly breathe well with. My hips aren't hurting as badly, but the back was better last night, oddly.

That's very true. I think that about labour and birth.

It said it doesn't matter how you wake up, it's how you fall asleep. I slept on my back into 3rd tri with my son because it was the only way I could sleep.

I really had no appetite today for some reason. Forced a bowl of cereal at 11am, then some raw cauliflower after lunch, then a McDonald's meal (don't judge) around 4pm.

Weird...

AWw yazzy I Feel you, my eldest just had 2 days of vomiting -- we are thru the worst now and praying no one else gets it!! I'm so tired from two nights of basically no sleep and then a long day at work today.

As for sleeping, interesting about sleeping on the back increasing the risk of still birth. Did they cite the cause? Was it lack of blood flow to the baby? I have never in my life been able to sleep on my back but I love sleeping on my tummy. So I'm like half on my tummy and half on my side now, it's really not too comfortable. But I can remember the 35 weeks pregnant sleep is even more uncomfortable so I'll take what I can at this point.

I thought I was feeling better since weaning off my anti nausea meds but I'm coming to terms with feeling sick every day still. Not sure if I should go back on my meds or not. I've been off them for at least 2 weeks and still nauseous most of the day. Bearable but not fun.

We've completely officially decided our name and started calling baby by her name, in our family. Our 4 year old knows not to tell anyone else and our two year old still thinks she has a baby in her belly too so I don't think she'll be telling anyone either lol! So it will be a surprise when she's born to others but we love bonding in that way with knowing her name and calling her by it :)

Aaand big news of the week, I managed to get my act together and do about 5 loads of laundry and clean my bathroom (just one of the 3, but still)!! Lol!!

Congratulations on deciding on a name Reiko! As I wrote before I designed Christmas cards for the whole family and some friends with baby boy's name included. But seeing as we were not home for Christmas his year, I have not had to deal with any comments, wanted or unwanted, about our name choice, so atm I think it was a great way to do it, hehe.

Did three loads of laundry the last couple days too and folded some as well. Will never catch up with it all though.

We waited last minute to send out our Christmas cards because we wanted to send out the gender announcement with it. I just added a copy of the scan saying it was a girl and wrote her name on it :)

Reiko it was said that is can cause issues with mothers blood flow back to the heart and in turn effect blood flow to baby. I mean obvs it's not set in stone or anything. I just thought it was interesting.

Congratulations on picking a name. We are still hopelessly lost on that front. We've agreed not to even discuss it until after the holidays because it just makes us fight. :/

Well done on the laundry front ladies. Mine is still all piled up and it probably going to stay there until after new yrs now haha.

I thought I was feeling better since weaning off my anti nausea meds but I'm coming to terms with feeling sick every day still. Not sure if I should go back on my meds or not. I've been off them for at least 2 weeks and still nauseous most of the day. Bearable but not fun.

We've completely officially decided our name and started calling baby by her name, in our family.

Aaand big news of the week, I managed to get my act together and do about 5 loads of laundry and clean my bathroom (just one of the 3, but still)!! Lol!!

I started halving my nausea med and missed 2 nights ago...so not ready to stop it! Half is ok so I will keep that for another week, then try a quarter of a pill. I really don't want to be on it the entire pregnancy, but dang...I am so sick of being sick, even a small nausea ugh sends me over the edge now.

I've had my girl and boy name since before conception, lol. I'm not telling anyone. Well the girl would've been Rigley May but I'm not using it. My first name is unique and I like unique names and won't deal well with people's rude comments about it.

Speaking of laundry: hubs and I do our own and mine was backed up over 3 months. When I needed underwear I put them in his basket, lol, but I was sick and not really wearing mine. I finally got caught up a few days ago. I wear dresses daily and luckily have 98 so I never ran out!

Well my new yrs plans felt through thanks to a very selfish friend. So I might spend the night trying to hash out some names for the wee boy with DH.

Happy new year ladies! Tomorrow is officially 2018, it's finally the yr we get to meet our babies ^_^

Happy new year! Broken we never do anything, it's not worth the exhaustion the next morning when you can't sleep in because of the kids... I'm sorry your plans fell through but hope you have a nice evening nonetheless xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->