May Marvels 2018

Ooh and I also only have 20 shifts at work left till I go on maternity leave :)

I think it's cool to find weird stuff in common on a preg group too Reiko. Small world indeed. I'm also very jealous of your potential to bump into the actors from supernatural at Starbucks or whatever :haha:

Viera that sounds scary tbh. I have no experience with it. Just hugs. Hope it doesn't last the rest of the preg for you.

Viera my DH had sleep paralysis one time. He said it felt like someone was strangling him and he couldn't move or speak at all! Lasted a minute I guess and then subsided and never again. How frightening, you must be anxious about sleeping!

My friend actually lost her peripheral vision during her second pregnancy in third tri, and the neurologist said the same as with you... couldn't find anything wrong, probably just to do with the pregnancy as it went away after. So weird and scary how it can affect your nervous system! I'm sorry :(

The couple times it has happened, it sounds like there is someone in my house. Having someone break in is one of my biggest fears (if I hear something at night I get up and check all the doors, closets, etc). It happened at 4:30 this morning and I haven't been back to bed since.

Viera, I'm so sorry! That sounds really scary.

Omg, I even dreamed that I went to a Pizzeria this morning. This craving is getting out of hand.

Viera I forgot to mention, they thought it was mini seizures causing my friends vision loss! I guess pregnancy can cause seizures.

I'm currently on s10. S13 hasn't aired over here yet so I'm trying to catch up before it does haha. I've tried to get hubs into it but he doesn't trust my taste, even though he's enjoyed everything he's actually watched haha.

When does S13 air? I had no idea it was so far behind.

So Reiko is in Vancouver? Super cool. It's amazing that show doesn't have a top 15 show fanbase, or tons of promos on TV, yet is the longest running show on CW and keeps plugging along. Nerd alert, lol!

I've somehow developed sleep paralysis during this pregnancy. With my first pregnancy, I had weird sleep problems where I didn't think I was ever going to wake up only to discover I was awake already (freaked my mom the hell out when she saw it). I was sent to a neurologist but he never figured out what it was and it stopped after the baby was born. I'm hoping this is something similar where it will stop after she's here. It's happened twice now, always after I have a nightmare. Any of you ladies having this?

I've had sleep paralysis since I was about 8. At first it's super scary and I thought demons were attacking me, ha. Once the internet kicked in and I researched it, it's not as scary. Mine isn't a breathing or presence issues, but full frozen body. I can hear/be aware of my surroundings and people around me but cannot move, even a finger. The more I fight, the stronger it appears. Once I stop fighting, I feel like the thread I'm tethered to yanks me back into deep sleep so quickly...do that many cycles until I finally break free. I stopped fighting once I knew what it truly was.

Everyone's body freezes them in certain REM stages so your brain and body aren't caught up. It's neurological and more prone if you're supine, or on your back.

PASTA: I am finding I want it more than normal.

DIET: I was very organic and healthy (to an extent) and lived on pork chops and veggies and really had good intentions when making a freaking person. My HG threw all that out the window! I am sick of fruits and veggies and sandwiches. Still can't eat strawberries after puking them up.
I just wolfed down nuggets and an extra large fry from McD...ugh...and this kid loves candy/chocolate way more than I!

SEX: I had a sex dream. Me and hubs were about to get it on...then he woke up and woke me up. My dream self is getting more action than I am, rofl!

PEEING: It's getting worse. Waking up twice in the night, can't fall back to sleep right away...super tired now. As a teacher, I have to lock kids out and go pee between certain classes since I can't wait until lunch and my break is at the very first period and no other break all day! Luckily I have a key for the close bathroom.

I've somehow developed sleep paralysis during this pregnancy. With my first pregnancy, I had weird sleep problems where I didn't think I was ever going to wake up only to discover I was awake already (freaked my mom the hell out when she saw it). I was sent to a neurologist but he never figured out what it was and it stopped after the baby was born. I'm hoping this is something similar where it will stop after she's here. It's happened twice now, always after I have a nightmare. Any of you ladies having this?

I've had sleep paralysis since I was about 8. At first it's super scary and I thought demons were attacking me, ha. Once the internet kicked in and I researched it, it's not as scary. Mine isn't a breathing or presence issues, but full frozen body. I can hear/be aware of my surroundings and people around me but cannot move, even a finger. The more I fight, the stronger it appears. Once I stop fighting, I feel like the thread I'm tethered to yanks me back into deep sleep so quickly...do that many cycles until I finally break free. I stopped fighting once I knew what it truly was.

Everyone's body freezes them in certain REM stages so your brain and body aren't caught up. It's neurological and more prone if you're supine, or on your back.

When it happened this morning, I was coherent enough to sort of realize that that's what was going on, but also out of it enough to not realize that the sounds I was hearing weren't real.

I'm currently on s10. S13 hasn't aired over here yet so I'm trying to catch up before it does haha. I've tried to get hubs into it but he doesn't trust my taste, even though he's enjoyed everything he's actually watched haha.

When does S13 air? I had no idea it was so far behind.

So Reiko is in Vancouver? Super cool. It's amazing that show doesn't have a top 15 show fanbase, or tons of promos on TV, yet is the longest running show on CW and keeps plugging along. Nerd alert, lol!

It started in the USA a few months ago now. Late last yr I believe. It certainly should be better advertised. It's even worse over here. Like if you don't know about the show you would never find it on uk tv.

Oh viera and cheluzal that sounds awful and quite scary!!! Viera I hope it’s not a regular thing!!

I’m craving pancakes I’ve eaten pancakes for about 6 weeks now each morning lol!! And fizzy drinks so I’m drinking diet lemonade and the odd coke. Normally I only drink squash.

Ooooo pancakes sound lovely Ricschick!

I ended up at the hospital this morning. Babys movements have been really faint and weird all week and this morning I just cracked, got hubs to take a day off and went to the hospital to get checked out. All is fine. Midwife listened to his heartbeat and we heard plenty of movement on the Doppler, even though I couldn't feel it. No reason why movements have gone weird but midwife agreed with my speculation that now school is back I'm busier and more tired and just not noticing them as much.

We also bought our bottles and steriliser today. We got the really cool tommee tippee fiesta bottles. They're all different colours. Oh also, uk ladies. Amazon us offering a free nappy bin if you spend over 10 (20 maybe) quid on baby stuff. Google it cos there are some weird steps to follow but basically free nappy bin. They also have an electric steriliser starter kit with bottles and dummy and stuff for £31 ATM.

Glad all was ok broken it’s hard isn’t it not too get paranoid!!
Il have a look at that on amazon!! And the bottles sound lovely!!
Think I’m going to go with the Avent bottles as that’s what I’ve slways used. X

It started in the USA a few months ago now. Late last yr I believe. It certainly should be better advertised. It's even worse over here. Like if you don't know about the show you would never find it on uk tv.

That's too bad. They don't do a lot of extra promos here.
It's funny because they overdid The Vampire Diaries like crazy and they barely lasted 5 years, lol.

I just have wanted burgers this entire pregnancy :haha:

I have definitely eaten many burgers since my HG eased up, lol.
Devoured yummy pancakes Monday!

Now I'm wolfing down Pringles....pure junk. This kid...

I had Avent with DS Ricschick. But only because the bottles and steriliser were a gift and the gift giver didn't bother to ask when I wanted and just bought what was cheapest. Nothing wrong with them tho, good bottles. But I always wanted tommee tippee haha.

Hi all!! Sorry I have been MIA, just seemed to be super busy but have been making notes as I have been reading so I will attempt to respond to the highlights!

Welcome to AmandaBanana and congrats to Yazzy on team pink.

Loving the name choice Broken; my nephew is a Ryan and he is so cute. Also boo to your SPD.

Hope your Colorado trip was good MissTrezy. My OH and I are going on a mini break in 4 weeks for a babymoon/birthday weekend for him. We are staying in the UK but doing a 3 night stay in a lovely place so plan is nice dinner Friday, touristiness Saturday and spa day on Sunday before travelling back Monday :)

The other posts seemed to be around GTTs, where to birth, movements, food and sex?

I have the glucose tolerance test on 19th Feb at 28 weeks, fingers crossed for passing it. Sorry to those of you who have GD to manage. I pray I don't have it as my cravings are totally carby - I have been munching crumpets in work so my weight gain is ridiculous. I gained 8lb in December then have added another 3 now; so I cancelled what I lost and I am about 7lb up on my weight when I found out I was pregnant :S

If you dry spell ladies wonder whether DTD keeps weight off, I can say categorically no. I've been lucky enough to be fine with it, mostly sticking to the spoony type of action and so far so good :)

I am feeling baba move a few times a day now, only had that one time she kicked for OH, she had been kicking just below the navel and I could feel it so I asked him to put his hand there and he did so of course she stopped then he spoke and she got super excited and he felt it! :D

Hasn't been that strong since but that's ok, I am sure she is okay in there.

Birth wise I would love to try for a home birth but keeping an eye on this anti c business with the bloods for now and seeing how it pans out. I am consultant led because of that and my age and weight (they seem to trust me not to be high risk for PPH as it only happened with my first). They don't seem averse to it, but if for any reason my blood attacks hers then it could be safer to do a hospital delivery.

I would be happy to have my kids about but then they are older so it isn't too tricksy. :D

Now I have the dioherra instead of constipation. Pregnancy is so glamorous. Do you have any advice ladies?

Chib it’s always good to add more fibre for diarrhea. Did you change any of your supplements at all recently? Add an iron tablet or anything?

I’ve been busy at a course all weekend. Will try and check in for a proper read and reply sometime soon ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->