May Marvels 2018

Chi make sure you drink plenty and hopefully it will pass quickly!!

I’ve completely done a U turn on the pram I want 🤪 I now want a bugaboo bee 5 with baby pink hood and of course it’s double the price of the one I had originally chose ( the Billie Faiers star pram) but I went to look st it and it seems a bit bulky where as the bugaboo is quite petite and so easy to push and is so pretty!! So I’m thinking sod it this is our last baby so splash out a bit lol plus my auntie is giving us £200 towards it so why not.
Plus my bloody tumble dryer literally blow up last night luckily I was in the kitchen at the time, I suddenly smelt burning and I switched it off! I opened the door and black smoke came out of it!!!! So lucky I was in the kitchen otherwise it would have gone up!! So my house is covered in wet washing at the moment trying to get it dry!

How’s everyone getting on? Xx

Scary about the dryer Ricschick!! Lucky you were there at the right time.

It's my dads wedding tomorrow, I'm nervous as heck about if I look fat in my outfit lol. My son is a ring bearer though and he looks beautiful in his suit. I'm so proud.

So had another anatomy scan and echo because of my age (insurance pays so free for me!)!
Little dude jumping about, then kicked into high gear yoga: threw his legs over his head, yawned, then went to sleep with a smile on his face!
OMG, sooo cute.

And in one, I swear he looks just like my late brother when he was a baby (wishful hoping). Really getting excited to meet this little dude!
:flower::cloud9::blue::yipee:

Attachments

• 22 weeks 3 days (baby yoga).jpg
    22 weeks 3 days (baby yoga).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 22 weeks 3 days (leg up and smiling).jpg
    22 weeks 3 days (leg up and smiling).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 22 weeks 3 days (yawn).jpg
    22 weeks 3 days (yawn).jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 8
Chib it’s always good to add more fibre for diarrhea. Did you change any of your supplements at all recently? Add an iron tablet or anything?

I’ve been busy at a course all weekend. Will try and check in for a proper read and reply sometime soon ladies xx

That's just it Reiko, I didn't knowingly change anything in my diet, nor the prenatal vitamins I have been taking, so I'm a bit stumped were it's coming from.

So had another anatomy scan and echo because of my age (insurance pays so free for me!)!
Little dude jumping about, then kicked into high gear yoga: threw his legs over his head, yawned, then went to sleep with a smile on his face!
OMG, sooo cute.

And in one, I swear he looks just like my late brother when he was a baby (wishful hoping). Really getting excited to meet this little dude!
:flower::cloud9::blue::yipee:

Fabulous scan pics cheluzal! He looks so cute!!!

24 weeks today! Time is running! Had to fess up and talk to my boss at work because I was starting to feel so overwhelmed. A couple mistakes already happened...I hate pregnancy dementia. Anyway, everybody is really supportive so that's good.

Chibi, off the top of my head, I know the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) is an old standby for reducing diarrhea. Although it sounds like it's fallen a bit out of favor (most of the criticism seems to be "these foods aren't enough to sustain you for days," which, sure). And then I went googling and some rando doctor on the internet had some other ideas (not sure if any of it's any good, but aside from the peppermint oil, everything on it looks pregnancy safe).

ricschick, might as well have a lovely pram this time! We haven't even started looking so I'm vicariously enjoying your journey. :D

How spooky about the dryer, though!!

Broken, I bet you looked fab! And if your son was the ring bearer, chances are the attention was on him, anyway!

chel, I can't make heads or tails of the yoga scan pic, but your description of it all had me smiling. <3

Chibi, glad to hear folks have been supportive at work! (I still have told almost no one at my job, aside from my manager and a few friends...working remotely has certainly made that a lot easier.)

Over here...baby danced a fair bit when Beethoven's 7th came on the radio this morning. I had a regular ol' rave going on in there when listening to an especially energetic Rachmaninoff piece at my friend's house the other day. I am inordinately pleased at this.

Plus, I got some super cute maternity hand-me-downs from (the daughter of) one of my favorite Salty Choir Grandmas at church (she is full of sass and I love her). Her daughter's done having kids anyway, but apparently said "mom, you realize that by accepting these clothes, you are giving up all hope of future grandchildren." Magically, it seems like everything fits. Hallelujah!

chel, I can't make heads or tails of the yoga scan pic, but your description of it all had me smiling. <3

Over here...baby danced a fair bit when Beethoven's 7th came on the radio this morning. I had a regular ol' rave going on in there when listening to an especially energetic Rachmaninoff piece at my friend's house the other day. I am inordinately pleased at this.

:) I can't stop looking at his latest pics. I have officially fallen in love. I was having a hard time connecting but now he looks so cute and "real" and I am too antsy to meet the little dude!

Neat your kid is responding to classical music. I play random Pandora so this kid better like the 60's-now, from Manilow to Metallica and in between, rofl.

I've been listening to a lot of early 2000s emo music with this kid. No strong preferences yet haha but I'll make a fan out of him eventually. DS loves my music taste. And Disney. Always Disney haha.

Is it me or has this board slowed this week? There used to be several posts a day from some....hope everyone is alright.

Yeah, it's slowed right down! I come back here and can actually catch up in under a minute or two!

Maybe we're in a lull of interesting stuff right now...

Neat your kid is responding to classical music. I play random Pandora so this kid better like the 60's-now, from Manilow to Metallica and in between, rofl.

Love this. I used to date a dude whose parents were young punks in Scotland when his mum was pregnant with him (late '70s), and there was a particular Peaches album (??) that he still had an inordinate fondness for, well into his 20s. I figure you might as well listen to (and eat) a broad range of whatever you like, because their tastes are just starting to get established...

Yeah it has got quiet recently. Like Kitten says we might just be in a lull where nothing really new is happening.

I think it's so cool when you hear of babies responding to music they remember from the womb. DS had fav songs before he was born but they didn't really last afterwards. I'm listening to a lot of live music this time around. I wonder what this baby will be like about music.

Very quiet lately!! I think everyone is just so tired they can’t be bothered to type lol.

When pregnant with joanie we spent a lot of weekends at our caravan and would go out of an evening and there was a lot of music and now when any music comes on it’s like she can’t control herself she jumps straight up and dances!!

Anyone had any good buys lately?? I bought a baby swing off a selling page on fb should have been about £125 but I got it for £45! It’s swings vibrates and plays music and nature noises I love it!!

I just got my amazon deals I posted about. Been looking on eBay for some clothes though, looks like I'll be able to get some bargains there. I honestly don't see the point in buying everything brand new. They're only in it for 5 mins.

I'm finding the flipping school run getting harder and harder. Ugh.

I agree broken I’m going to a mum2mum baby market next weekend so hoping to get some good bargains!!

It's exciting isn't it! I'm probably going to get a pack of vests and a pack of sleepsuits in every size new and just pick the rest up second hand.

Apart from stuff I see out and about, impulse buys and stuff.

Can't wait til this kid turns 2. And we can start reusing DS clothes :haha:

I'm joking. I'm certainly not wishing away a second of this babys life. He's our first together and our last.

It feels really weird to say that. I was sure I'd only ever have DS.

Love this. I used to date a dude whose parents were young punks in Scotland when his mum was pregnant with him (late '70s), and there was a particular Peaches album (??) that he still had an inordinate fondness for, well into his 20s. I figure you might as well listen to (and eat) a broad range of whatever you like, because their tastes are just starting to get established...

True story: as an adult, every time Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver" came on, I would crank it and act all excited, like it was my first time hearing those magical beginning notes.
Found out a couple years ago my mom had the album when I was 2 and I would always grab it and thrust it in her hands to play! They even hid it once to judge my reaction; it did not go over well.

I think it's so cool how much that song imprinted on me without me even realizing.

Anyone had any good buys lately?? I bought a baby swing off a selling page on fb should have been about £125 but I got it for £45! It’s swings vibrates and plays music and nature noises I love it!!

We've only bought a crib. I have all I want in my registries so after the shower we'll buy the rest with the 15% off.

I am buying a changing table/storage thing in a few weeks, and maybe some decorations for the room. We're doing decals > painting.

Oh man! Just noticed my updated ticker, and now I'm craving a hot dog, something I am not a fan of!
I'm a verrrry picky eater (think 5 year old taste buds) and haven't craved/eaten anything I'm not already a fan of....but dang, this kid has me eating more chocolate sweets than I ever have!

:haha:I got my amazon welcome box! I'll be going in to get my Target registry gift later this week. I've been on the hunt for freebies/samples

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->