May Marvels 2018

If you need any more bloods doing RnW I'd go to the lab. She clearly didn't know what she was doing. If she couldn't find a vein in your elbow there is down your forearm above your wrist, the back of your hands, down your thumb. Absolutely no reason to just randomly pick a bit of your arm and start digging away to find a vein.

I'm glad your GTT came back negative though. As Ricschick says, will they put you on iron now?

Ricschick I gave them about 2 full days before I relaxed. If it was positive though, I'm sure they would urgently contact you. I know what you mean about bigger babies though, I know they usually get bigger each time and I'm a bit concerned how big this one is gunna be. DS was a nice 8lbs 2oz. I'd like another 8lb-er tbh.

I'm not buying anything first size/newborn though, I'm buying all 0-3 stuff. I'd rather baby be in slightly too big clothes than waste money on stuff he's out of in a couple of weeks.

It's anyone else getting pain in the bump? I have this constant tugging pain in my right side whenever I'm standing up. It feels like the muscles are pulled there. It hurts and I know it's only going to get worse as I get bigger. I wonder if a support band would help, anyone used one before?

I imagine I will have to take a supplement. I had anemia with ds and had to take iron. She will not be taking my blood again, I will ask my primary to do it.
Broken I think I also may need a support belt. I’ve never used one so can offer nothing but I can empathize with the pain. Right now I’m struggling with most movements. The Vag pain is doing me in lol. Sorry you are hurting!

Ladies I just got home after my GD testing and threw up the drink. Is that normal? I had no other weird things happen.

I had to do the test again because I'm "older and wiser." I thought it was the 1-hour again but they went straight to the 3! I was running off at the tummy (diarrhea) and major nausea all day. Ugh.

Chel - I have the same thing. Baby is sitting very, very low. She punches my cervix really frequently. Makes my toes curl.
I sometimes forget how fortunate we are in Europe, with mat leave allowances. I hope you're able to go on till you need to :hugs:

Thanks! My cervix punches feel like being tasered, almost an electrical impulse. Not too painful yet, but weird.

I pray he comes close to the due date and not too soon, lol. Later is okay but I don't think they will let me go over long, being 41 at birth. We shall see...

I seem to be the opposite of you ladies. This boy is right up in my ribs. Assuming he hasn't turned around, he's got his head as far up as he can on my right side. When he stretches you can actually see the lump in my skin where he is. I'd rather him up here than down there though...
I think I prefer mine below. Being high would get too close to my stomach, and with my earlier HG, I want that sucker left alone, lol.

I usually bruise with blood but with 4 pricks it's not bad. The third one hurt like a mother though. I hate needles!

My last baby I carried low the whole time and this one has been nice and high.

Honestly both suck lol. Low my hips and pubic bone were in agony from 16 weeks and I had to stop work.

High I have no hip pain and am still rocking work at 30 weeks... but I get heartburn and it’s waayyyy harder to breathe. I get out of breath so easily and sleeping is a lot more uncomfortable. My stomach feels way bigger because it’s just pressing on my boobs and makes it harder to sit down. But I also haven’t had any cervix poking/lightening crotch so I’m going to say I’m enjoying carrying higher a bit more than lower. Just waiting for the drop and then I’m definitely out of the work game!

That is the one plus of having GD Ricschick.... it definitely keeps me from getting massive. Both on the tummy front and just the gaining weight front.

I’m sure I’d gain at least 60 lbs if i didn’t have GD. I only gain about 25-30 normally. Actually with my first I only gained 17 lol!!

ALso, weirdest pregnancy symptom I’ve had, my leg hair is super sparse and not growing very much. Like within the past 3 months I’ve literally shaved once or twice and it’s barely there. So weird!! Anyone had this before?? My other 2 pregnancies did not have this!!

Broken I used a support belt when I had my son because I really struggled and it definitely helped. It just felt like it kept my pelvis together a bit more!
This time I am getting achy days but overall not too painful.

My bump seems to be really low this time but oh the indigestion and sometimes heartburn is worse than my last 2 when I was pregnant.

Off to the midwife for my 28 week appointment in a bit then I don't think I see her again for a bit, but I do have a consultant appointment and scan in 2 weeks time.

I think I'm going to end up cancelling my midwife appointment tomorrow. We got pretty bad snow today, school was closed. I don't want to risk traveling to the app. Plus I'm pretty sure the buses aren't running where I live because of the snow.

I'm over winter now. Spring please!

I Am really ready for spring too broken. It’s too cold for us to go outside and play, I’m waiting for it to hit 10 degrees C!!

And can’t wait to have this baby so I can eat whatever I want! 67 more days of restricted carbs and blood sugar testing!

I'm ready for spring too, Reiko! We've had snow off and on here lately, and I'm just like 'NOOOOOOOOOOOO it needs to get warm T^T'

We are having spring like weather today which is not normal. It’s 10C with sunshine and most of the snow has been washed away with all the rain over the last week. We are supposed to get blasted with winter again for March but for today I’m going to pretend summer is around the corner lol.
My acid reflux is doing me in! Yesterday I spent the entire day with a band of pain radiating around my upper belly. I went and got Zantac today because I couldn’t even sleep lying down last night. My esophagus is going to be a flippin mess if this keeps up. I hate taking anything but I just can’t deal any more.
Anyone have any fun things they do with their kids pre-Easter? I want to do some stuff (I hate messy stuff but may be willing if the kids love it) with dd. Maybe some crafts or different activities. Ds was never really in to stuff like that but she loves it.
Also, how are you all preparing older siblings for the new baby?

It has snowed here all day. It's not stopped for more than a couple of hours. School was closed and I expect it to be closed again tomorrow. Which is a shame because it's world book day and DS is so excited to go to school in his pjs bless him.

RnW I don't celebrate Easter at all. DH always insists on buying eggs, but that's more so he can get chocolate than anything else. I might do some baking with DS though, try and spend a bit of quality time with him, just us.

I talk to DS about the baby all the time. He helped us pick the colour when we decorated the nursery. I'm going to let him come with us to buy clothes and let him help when it's time to set up the nursery too.
I feel like I'm just winging it though tbh, I don't know if I'm preparing him enough.

Ready we talk to the baby all the time. Whenever we are talking about our family we always include her name. We talk about if she squished my tummy (like violently lol) she’s hurting her baby sister so to be careful. We have a lot of the baby’s stuff set up and she knows it’s baby summer’s. I’m more talking about my 2 year old because I know my 5 year old understands and is excited.

Guys, I was curious about my weight gain because I have to get ready to defend my lack of weight gain in third tri to my diabetes nurse this week... so I looked up my actual weight gains from my fitness app.

By the time I gave birth I had gained 22 lbs, and 24 lbs first and second pregnancies.

At 30 weeks I’ve already gained 30 lbs this time!!!

ALso, weirdest pregnancy symptom I’ve had, my leg hair is super sparse and not growing very much. Like within the past 3 months I’ve literally shaved once or twice and it’s barely there. So weird!! Anyone had this before?? My other 2 pregnancies did not have this!!

I've noticed this! My legs and pits haven't grown much at all.
And my hair is holding up so nicely! I can get almost a week before I need to wash it again.

It's anyone else getting pain in the bump? I have this constant tugging pain in my right side whenever I'm standing up. It feels like the muscles are pulled there. It hurts and I know it's only going to get worse as I get bigger. I wonder if a support band would help, anyone used one before?

I've used a belly band for months now. I didn't think it was working until I didn't use it and holy crum, does my back ache more! I was in so much pain today!
The top of my bump really hurts, especially with each new growth spurt. It feels like the skin is pulling down so hard it will split. Ick.

Remember that lady who told me about cankles and wouldn't yield?
Yesterday I walked in work and she passes and her "hello" to me is "waddle waddle." :growlmad: I rolled my eyes and ignored her; I shoulldn't let it bother me but I was so pissed.

Today she walked up and said hello and I refused to look at her. She said I looked lovely and I said thanks with barely a glance. UGH.....so not in the mood.

Chel I'm so angry on your behalf. That woman is so flipping rude and really needs to be told about basic manners and human decency. If she makes another comment I'd would turn around and give her both barrels.

I'm with everyone on the hair. My leg hair is really sparse ATM. Still kinda long tho. It's weird. It's my arm hair that isn't growing at all though. I'm rather enjoying it all. Not shaving my lady bits is driving me mad tho. I hate it so much. But I can't flipping see it to shave :haha:

Reiko that's not mass loads of weight. But I can see why you were shocked when you've gained less at birth. I'm also keeping an eye on my weight. From 13 weeks to now I've gained about 12lbs. I'm expecting that to skyrocket in the next 10 weeks though. I was really shocked it was so low when I've not been watching what I eat at all.

Snow day here. DS was distraught when I told him. He was so so so looking forward to world book day.

Mine have been home too and the school is closed tomorrow too! Il be glad once the snow has gone! I’ve got to venture out tomorrow tho as I have a mw appointment in the morning good job my dad is only round the corner at the moment so he’s going to watch them while i go. He don’t be around for too much longer now tho as he retires st the end of the month and is moving to Spain 😢 he’s coming back in May to see baby then he will be off again for good. I’m not looking forward him leaving I’m really close to my dad. 😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->