May Marvels 2018

Hi ladies! It’s been a long time since I posted in here. It’s impossible to keep up between crazy work and family life! I hope you’re all well! Hard to believe that we are moving into the final couple months of pregnancy! Has this pregnancy flown by for you lovelies like it has for me?! 31 weeks this Saturday. So far I’ve gained 15 lbs, but know they’ll pack on in these final weeks since bub will gain about 1/2 lb a week from now until the end. Like with my daughter, I’m having heart burn and Charlie horse galore. I try to breathe through the Charlie horses, especially when I get them in both calves at the same time, like breathing through a contraction! Bwuahaha! Can’t wait to meet Little Sprout. I’ve been trying to read and learn about hypnobirthing this time. What techniques are you ladies looking into, if any, to help with labor?

Reiko, I've heard a lot of folks talk about hair growing muuuch slower/more sparsely. I can't even tell with my body. But what I DID notice was that last time I got sugared (like waxing but mellower), a ton of the hair just broke instead of coming out. Hrmph.

Does defending your lack of weight gain mean they think you're not gaining *enough*? Good on you for having all the data, in any case! With knowledge comes power...

CHEL OMG THAT COWORKER. I got bothered the other day when my MIL giggled and said she "keeps forgetting I'm so big and round!!" but the "cankles/waddle" nonsense is OVER. THE. TOP.

ricschick: SPAIN?! I mean I know it's closer to you than it is to the States but STILL! I hope he's going to invite you to his boat or beach or villa or whatever glorious place he has in mind.

hope, time alternately seems like it's going a normal pace (September was BRUTALLY slow; that's all I remember), and also flying by. It's March!! How is it March?? How is this baby going to be here in a couple months?

Thanks, ladies. I work in a large school and she's the custodian that I don't have to see or talk to daily unless we run into each other. I will forever be cool towards her. Sad we've been fine for 16 years and now she does this...I don't forget...

So I passed my 3-hour GD again! Barely this time! My fasting lab was a bit high but the third draw was THE number it cut off! Like, if it was 1 number higher it would've had me diagnosed! *WHEW*
Should be done with them.

29 weeks...11 to go! Hope it flies by!

Hope-I just started reading the Hypnobirthing book and am considering taking the classes at the end of the month. I’m also having a birthing pool to help.
Chel-sounds like harassment to me! I would have to file a complaint because that woman is being an asshole!

Cheluzal glad you past the GD test!!

I had my mw appointment today and all was good all my blood results were normal so no GD for me phew!! But I’m measuring 3-4 weeks ahead so she’s ordering me a growth scan to see how big baby Is Atleast that way if they think she is going to be too big they will bring me in a week sooner plus I’m having 2 weekly appointments now to keep an eye on my size.

Chel-sounds like harassment to me! I would have to file a complaint because that woman is being an asshole!

Eh, school districts don't have conventional HR departments...nothing would happen. Shoot, teachers are doing drugs and sleeping with kids! They would laugh at my puny complaint.
I'm a tough broad and can be nasty back and ignore if need be.

No work until Tuesday-yahoo!

SHOWER tomorrow!!!

I have given up on people being polite while pregnant. I swear every single person I meet tells me "Oh, it's getting big now!" or variations thereof. My standard answer has become "Well it's not going to get smaller!" It is amazing what seems to become acceptable when you're expecting. Would anyone dare tell you your tummy/butt/whatever is becoming bigger every time they see you under normal circumstances??

Have you measured ahead with any of your other kids Ricschick?
Yeah I measured ahead with my last baby too but wasn’t offered a growth scan then, but I think I might be bigger at this stage then I was with joanie. Joanie was 9lb 1. Xx

Happy 29 weeks!
I was 9lbs 1oz, I apologize to my mother A LOT! Lol. Really as long as the head isn’t huge the rest is just baby chub and that squishes when it comes out. I have a feeling this baby will be bigger than my other 2 which were both 7lbs 4oz.

Happy 29 weeks Ricschick! Nearly there now.

It's scary how close it's getting now. I'm about to start buying nursery furniture. Eek!!

I have given up on people being polite while pregnant. I swear every single person I meet tells me "Oh, it's getting big now!" or variations thereof. My standard answer has become "Well it's not going to get smaller!" It is amazing what seems to become acceptable when you're expecting. Would anyone dare tell you your tummy/butt/whatever is becoming bigger every time they see you under normal circumstances??

Agreed. The touching gets me. You put your hand barely a foot above my crotch, unwanted. No baby and I deem that physical assault.

Went to church to let in friends--then got booted out while they decorate, lol. Hubs is on his way and my dad is almost there, because he arrives everywhere psycho early.
I'm back home eating nuggets and waiting, lol.

Baby had me up at 3 kicking my ligaments. OOF. I was in such pain; he is sooo low. He's lying across and stretched and hit both sides and I thought my stomach was being ripped apart. :wacko:

Aw I like when people touch my bump. I mean I’ve only had older women do it, not like a man or something. But it’s just something about being in community... them remembering their pregnancies and wanting to share their experiences and... I dunno it’s jist a connection you have with other women who have had children. I like the baby being celebrated, it gives me some joy and hope in a world where babies are widely seen as an inconvenience.

Ladies... I just trimmed my down there area... I know I did it last time before my sweep at 38 weeks. I do NOT know how I did that. It was almost impossible and so uncomfortable this time at 31 weeks lol!!

My belly has totally dropped this week too.

Oh and I wore my biggest sweater on the scale at the dietician so it said 136. So I am still gaining enough weight! I know it will come off pretty quickly after the delivery and I’m not opposed to keeping a few lbs. I have fat shorts just for that purpose so I dont have to worry about what I’ll wear in the summer. I will need some new nursing tops I think though.

Ready how big do you think this one will be? My 2 were 7.12 and 7.13, I’m hoping this one isn’t bigger than 8!! But I think a lot of the time they just get bigger the more you have! Although my friend did have her 9 lb one first and her second was 6 lbs. She’s having her 3rd in a few weeks, wonder how big he will be!!

Cheluzal glad you past the GD test!!

I had my mw appointment today and all was good all my blood results were normal so no GD for me phew!! But I’m measuring 3-4 weeks ahead so she’s ordering me a growth scan to see how big baby Is Atleast that way if they think she is going to be too big they will bring me in a week sooner plus I’m having 2 weekly appointments now to keep an eye on my size.

I can’t imagine measuring 4 weeks ahead now!! I’m so uncomfortable measuring right on track. Hopefully you have some slow growth weeks ahead so you can kind of even out on your measurements! Are you feeling huge??

Reiko-I just feel huge! Thus far baby has measured on track and the last scan I had her weight was on track so probably not any bigger than my other 2. My hugeness has little to do with her and all to with my uterus just being big earlier than the others. As long as she’s under 8lbs I’m good.

Reiko I have no idea how you did it. I shaved my legs for the first time in months the other day and it about did me in XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->