May Marvels 2018

Baby boy has switched sides yesterday night (right to left). And now, I am feeling nauseous all the time. How can this make so much of a difference?

Jen might be pressing on a nerve or blood vessel causing it. Maybe try a lot of time on hands and knees trying to get him to flip to a more comfy position. Or could just be the third tri nausea kicking in and it’s a coincidence with the timing. Mine always rears it’s head again for third tri :/

Reiko 59 days is not long at all! I will start my ‘eviction’ stuff in 60 days and hopefully it won’t take longer than a week. May 3 is actually the date that keeps coming to me.
Broken I can’t imagine how hard it must be without your mom around. I’m sorry you are having a tough time. Sending you hugs!
Chibi sorry your boss is an a-hole. I don’t understand why people have to create issues for other people especially when managing. The woman I used to work alongside who was the director of the agency was a super huge a-hole and we always butted heads. She cause me a great deal of stress and the best thing that ever happens was leaving there.

I too have a random date pop into my head... April 26!! It keeps nagging at me. We’ll see lol! That would be 10 days early which is early considering, but my 2nd was 14 days early so who knows.

Agcam thank you! That totally describes what I’m feeling. I will def mention it to the MW today and chiro on Thursday. I think dh thinks I’m just complaining but it actually is causing me a great deal of pain especially when I go from a seated position to standing.
Reiko-I love that you have a date too! I’m so interested to see if the dates are accurate. I’m trying to trust more in the ‘voices’ as I have these ‘thoughts’ about things happening and then they do.
Well I’m off to have my GTT testing, just ate 2 eggs for good measure lol. I have had cake each day this weekend for my bday dinners so hopefully that doesn’t cause any issues lol.

Ladies I just got home after my GD testing and threw up the drink. Is that normal? I had no other weird things happen.

Yah ready unfortunately a lot of women react very poorly to the GD test. My first one I almost passed out. If you throw up you will likely have to do it again... you might not throw up the second time though! I’m sorry the test really does suck!

I've never had to take the GD drink myself, because I'm already diabetic, but I hear awful things from women who have taken it! Everything from 'it wasn't that bad' to 'I've been sick since taking it'

Agcam thank you! That totally describes what I’m feeling. I will def mention it to the MW today and chiro on Thursday. I think dh thinks I’m just complaining but it actually is causing me a great deal of pain especially when I go from a seated position to standing. .

Ah...men. I've told DH straight up that I will be moaning over the next 11 weeks, and he just has to deal with it. Have you ever seen Johnny English Reborn? You know when he goes to the monastery and gets kicked between the legs to learn "mind over matter", as it were? That's how I described it to DH, except that we don't have the mental training:haha:
I'm booked into the PGP clinic on the 13th of March. I can let you know what they say. Unfortunately, the midwife said that it will continue to get worse as baby gets bigger. If it's just starting for you, I hope it doesn't progress much. I feel now like I should have gone to them sooner. I waited 8 weeks!

Re GD testing, I didn't throw up, but definitely felt nauseous after a little while. They make us fast overnight here (only a few sips of water allowed), so I was on an empty stomach for >12 hours, and attributed the nausea to that. Maybe it was the glucose solution. Had they finished taking your blood samples? If so, you won't need to repeat the test.

Chel - I have the same thing. Baby is sitting very, very low. She punches my cervix really frequently. Makes my toes curl.
I sometimes forget how fortunate we are in Europe, with mat leave allowances. I hope you're able to go on till you need to :hugs:

Broken, so sorry about your mum. She sounds like a lovely lady. What a bummer that the rest of her family didn't get the kindness thing like she did.

(And maybe everyone always DOES need a cat mug...)

chel, I love the arg/lol sentiment — and how fun to have your shower coming up! And how lovely to have supportive, organized friends!

Baby boy has switched sides yesterday night (right to left). And now, I am feeling nauseous all the time. How can this make so much of a difference?

I don't know, but our friend with the newborn said her son dropped at 7 months and then pressed on her liver pretty much until delivery, making her miserable! Womp womp. I hope it lets up for you, though.

Ready, sorry you had a rough time with the GTT, but at least you didn't throw up during & have to retake it! (I also had to take it on an empty stomach...felt like I was about to see through walls, and not in a good way.)

Yes I had already had my blood taken, thank goodness! Here is the lovely aftermath of that...

Attachments

• 37A3F564-7D2E-42B7-81F8-A348D6299182.jpg
    37A3F564-7D2E-42B7-81F8-A348D6299182.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 5
WHoa ready who did that to you!?!? Someone with no training whatsoever!?! I’ve never had more than a pinprick spot of blood as evidence!! Your day must’ve been pretty sucky after that. Hope you get a good rest tonight and have a better day tomorrow xx

I seem to be the opposite of you ladies. This boy is right up in my ribs. Assuming he hasn't turned around, he's got his head as far up as he can on my right side. When he stretches you can actually see the lump in my skin where he is. I'd rather him up here than down there though, I remember those days well. Not looking forwards to them again, but I want him to turn around soon so I know he's ready for the big day.

Ready you poor thing with that arm!! That's how I usually end up if anyone other than a trained phlebotomist takes my bloods. I had the phlebotomy department take my 28 week bloods and it was a delight to walk out with 1 hole and no bruise.

Sorry for those of you with PGP pain. I'm not sure if I'm having PGP pain or if it's normal pregnancy aches. Either way I will have to just bare it for 11 more weeks. I'm not wasting my time asking my midwife for a referral anywhere.

Let DS have a day off school today because it's snowy where I live and I don't feel safe walking him to school. I feel so ridiculously guilty about it. I kept him off for a day before half term because my hips and legs were hurting so much I knew I couldn't do the 4 mile school run.

I feel like I'm affecting his life negatively and he's going to resent me and bubs. He's a popular kid and he loves school and his friends. I feel like I should just get a grip and walk in the snow. But I'm terrified I'm going to fall and hurt baby or myself.

I feel like I need to go into school and explain there is no one else to bring him and it's not his fault his attendance is not as good as it should be, it's mine. But I know my excuses don't mean anything, just his attendance record.

I don't know what to do for the best. We live in a pretty rural area so there's no grit on my estate or the walk to school until we get onto school grounds. I just don't feel safe.

I don't know, but our friend with the newborn said her son dropped at 7 months and then pressed on her liver pretty much until delivery, making her miserable! Womp womp. I hope it lets up for you, though.

This I think, haha. I am used to brig kicked in the liver as my son only switched to the left side shortly before delivery and this baby boy has been there until two days ago too. However, I am not used to being kicken in the stomach. :/ Feel uncomfortable still and some toilet runs again as well. *sigh*

On the other hand, 30 weeks already, wohoo! It seems so close now!

WHoa ready who did that to you!?!? Someone with no training whatsoever!?! I’ve never had more than a pinprick spot of blood as evidence!! Your day must’ve been pretty sucky after that. Hope you get a good rest tonight and have a better day tomorrow xx

That was my 2nd MW! The crazy thing is the last time she did it I didn’t even feel the prick. This time she went down my arm instead of in the crook of my elbow. Plus it hurt when she inserted and withdrew the needle. I knew it would bruise but this looks like a drug addicts arm!

Broken I wouldn’t beat yourself up about it too much. If your ds is anything like my kids they love a stay at home day with mom. When ds was young he needed it and when they are little it’s ok.

Broken don’t worry about it! I’m sure he doesn’t mind a cosy day in and you can make up for it once the weather is better.
I had my GTT test yesterday again on an empty stomach. It was ok the drink weren’t as bad as I thought it would be, sat there for 2 hours trying not to fall asleep lol, they said they would call today if it was positive for GD so we will see!! I have my normal MW appointment in Friday.

Thank you ladies. I feel a bit better this afternoon. I spoke to school and explained the situation. I'm just hoping all the melted snow doesn't turn to ice over night and he can go tomorrow. If it does though, DH is off Thursday and Friday so he'll definitely be back then.

Roll on spring!!

Ready it looks like she's gone in your skin and had to hunt around for a vein. I bet it did flipping hurt! Was there any reason she couldn't go in your elbow? Because I can't see any reason to leave you like that. I've ended up with bruises when I've consented to them "having a look" when they can't see a vein in the surface and they "can't" use my hands.

Ricschick fingers crossed for your GTT that it's all clear. I'm assuming I'll get my results on Thursday with my midwife. The consultant didn't even know I'd had it done last week. *eyeroll*

Ready!! Omg you poor thing. Hoping that bruise doesn't stick around for too long. I can't believe what a difference a knowledgeable, practiced person can make...the phlebotomist at our primary care doc's office is the besssst and has made me realize that I'm not usually the problem.

Broken, hugs to you, and good on you for doing what you need to stay safe/not in pain.

I will also put in a plug for YakTrax; I LOVE these things. (I think they're a US company, but they have a UK site, and the ones I have are here: https://www.yaktrax.co.uk/product/yaktrax-pro/)

First learned about them at my very rural college/university on a hill in Vermont, and finally got some of my own a couple years ago right before an ice storm here. They've made us unstoppable, no matter the snow/ice, which has been such a relief. That feeling like you might fall at any moment is such a stressor (emotionally and physically!), even when not pregnant.

Broken-I have no idea why she went there other than she said it looked best. I have small veins but you can see them. Whenever I’ve gone to the lab they always use the elbow with no issue. I should know better after so many draws that when they start hunting down my arm they don’t totally know what they are doing.
On a side note my GD test came back normal but looks like I’m somewhat anemic. It explains why I’m so tired. I feel like I can hardly do anything lately without being exhausted.

Well I didn’t get a call today so hopefully no news is good news but il no for sure come Friday!!
Glad yours was normal RnW!! Will they prescribe iron or something?

Thing is tho I’m thinking if I don’t have GD then I’m just going to naturally get bigger and I’m just meant to have bigger babies which is a little daunting as I’m so big already and I’ve got 11 weeks to go!!! How am I going to cope??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->