May Marvels 2018

Well I talked with my dietician today and even with a 5.7 fasting for a week she wants me to try different bedtime snack instead of going on insulin. I know it’s not going to work but I guess the later I start insulin the cheaper it will be so might as well try it for a week!

Oh just to give you guys some perspective the goal for fasting is 5.2.

Reiko I hope they can work something out for you that works!!

I’ve so got to go through all of babies clothes I’ve bought so I can see what I need and get them washed but I just don’t have the energy!! I’d better make the effort this week tho!! I think I only need a few more bits then I’m done and I need to go and get my pjs etc for my hospital bag too!! Because soon I don’t think il be able too I’m so big and sore now that things are getting too hard!! Like today I was so physically tired I just sat on the sofa all day!! Sod it!! Lol.

Had a lovely mother’s day kids woke me up at 7.30 😆 with presents of chocolates candles and little candle vases and a lovely little box and cards. And we went out for dinner with the mil which was nice.
How’s everyone feeling? Nervous? Excited?

That sounds like a lovely day Ricschick!! We will have Mother’s Day in May shortly after this new one is born :)

The clothes thing is daunting... I haven’t started going thru mine at all! I need to soon and wash things up. I will probably have to buy some stuff but I hope not. After going thru 2babies already things aren’t very nice anymore. But they’re workable I’m hoping!!!

cheluzal, the body comments are absurd. (My MIL now comments on how "big" or "big and round" I am pretty much every time I see her, but no one else seems to...for now.) I love your comeback, though! There are two dang months left; maybe people just don't see enough pregnant folks these days.

mrsstrezy, glad to see you pop up around here!

Ready, dyyying laughing at "so you will feed her from your vagina?" I love little kid logic.

Meanwhile, uh...haven't washed a thing yet. But we also don't have much yet! We have a pack of onesies my parents brought back from Japan, two bags of hand-me-downs from a local friend from a couple weeks ago, and...a baby shower in a couple weeks. ...we also don't have anywhere to put these things yet! All in due time. :laugh2:

Reiko, hope a nice small change is all that's needed to get your blood sugar back in a good range! Your attitude about it all is so awesome and proactive and adaptable.

ricschick, it's the thought that counts, right? Sounds like a lovely mother's day, even with the early wakeup! Mostly these days I'm feeling excited and mellow and just as bewildered as ever that we're going to have an ACTUAL BABY in our house in a couple months. I'm feeling the edge of impatience start to creep in, though...

I have the clothes washed and in the dresser. We kept the newborn ones out in case he's too big and we can take back for credit. I do hope he's tiny enough to fit them though.

Took back extra stuff to Target and got credit. Just added some items to registry since we're waiting for the 15% off from there and Amazon to kick in to purchase remaining stuff. Between Target, Amazon, and Burlington, we'e finding the cheapest of each item.

My job was supposed to be doing a shower in a week or so...I'll be over here holding my breath. Still waiting for gift for getting married. But man, it could help if they gave gift cards to those stores, lol.

Met with pediatrician and got that squared away today! Hubs is at gym and I am in bed. Nothing else is comfy. The pedi scale said 167 but OB was 160 2 weeks ago!!! Have I gained 7 pounds in 2 weeks??? BOO! We'll see what same old scale at OB's says Wednesday! I'm miserable and now depressed...mom badgering me to tell her my weight today isn't helping...nor is the entire bag of chips I ate yesterday. :blush:

Reiko I hope the plan works for your sugars. Fingers crossed!

Ricschick I was up at 6:30 on Mother's Day doing laundry while DH and DS were still in bed. But I did get a nice breakfast and a nice roast dinner so I'm not complaining. DS gave me a biiiiiig box of chocolates, some lovely wooden roses and a beautiful card he made at school. It was a nice day. I enjoyed myself.

Kitten your MIL is kinda rude too. Maybe just don't comment on pregnant ladies. Ever. At all. Just shush. Stop talking. Shush. Lol.

I'm getting excited now. I still have a lot of stuff to prep, nappy stockpile, formula stockpile, hospital bag etc etc. It still doesn't feel real though. I still can't wrap my head around having an actual baby in the house in a couple of months.

Chel-I try to avoid the scales, it just makes me sad lol. As for your mom asking you how much you way it’s not really any of her business. Why not get her going and tell her you have tipped the scales at 200! Just to see her reaction.

Happy 32 weeks to me! Baby boy is now the size of a Pomelo! Only 8 weeks more sounds so so close!

The yoga workshop last Saturday was not my best idea. It was lovely, mind you but now I am sore everywhere and have to walk really really slowly.

I honestly don't want to know what I weigh now. At the last appointment, it was +12kg. If I can stay under 18kg gain this time around I will be happy.

Chel all three of the scales I have to use say different numbers. I would say you might have gained 3-4 lbs reasonably and the other scale is off by a bit.

I’m weighing in around 135 nowadays (up 35 lbs) and baby is measuring 33 weeks so a week ahead. Send me all your good thoughts and vibes she doesn’t get more than a week ahead in her measurements!!!

Chel all three of the scales I have to use say different numbers. I would say you might have gained 3-4 lbs reasonably and the other scale is off by a bit.

I’m weighing in around 135 nowadays (up 35 lbs) and baby is measuring 33 weeks so a week ahead. Send me all your good thoughts and vibes she doesn’t get more than a week ahead in her measurements!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Reiko!

Went out today and bought bits for my hospital bag, bought 2 pairs of pjs some lovely big black knickers!! Lol and flip flops! You gotta love primark!!

Awesome Ricschick! That reminded me of the one thing I liked last time in my bag, I bought cheap $2 slippers from ikea so I could toss them after the hospital. You don’t want your nice slippers walking around grimy hospital floors!! Cheap slippers or flip flops are the way to go!!

Flip flops are a great idea Ricschick. I think I'm going to pack mine in my hospital bag. It's so bloody warm in the hospital anyway I doubt I'll want my actual slippers.

I don't own a scale and only know when I see doc. This new one was digital so I'm hoping it's not calibrated right--I'll know tomorrow at OB with original scale.

I told my mom I'm sick of hearing it from her. We communicate mostly via text/email to preserve the relationship, and she got quiet and quit replying. Oh well. This is why she's not invited to the birth or will be told until after delivery.

Wanted to organize office today. It's so messy and the last room since we moved in, but I've been on the couch, eating, napping, and watching TV. It's my break, danggit! And my tummy is a wee queasy and I detest that.
I'll try again later, ha.

Ok so we’re all third trimester now I think, even the end of May-ers! Yay!!

Has anyone’s nausea come back? Mine has! I feel like poo most of the day. And iron is a bit low but not too much according to the Midwife. I’m so tired I don’t know how I’ll make it thru 8 more weeks of this lol! I need to get a babysitter or something just so I can have a nap every day!!

Reiko-Sorry about your blood sugars. That must be really frustrating. I feel so blessed to not have GD this time around...the stupid blood sugars are just always on your mind and it's stressful. I felt a little sick yesterday also; but I haven't thrown up in like a month now so that's nice, lol. I feel like I've been more hungry again..like I get an icky "dust bin" taste in my mouth if I don't eat enough. I was reading that at this point in the pregnancy, the baby is really fattening up; so maybe this has something to do with the increased appetite. I feel like I always need a snack.

Our bathroom remodel is almost done, so hopefully before April I will also be able to get the nursery squared away. In April I plan to make about ten crockpot freezer meals to prepare for baby. I still gotta get my postpartum kit together and I'm not planning on packing a hospital bag for another month or so. Friends are throwing me a baby sprinkle on April 7th, so based on what I get there, will buy the extra bits that I need afterwards. These next couple months are gonna go so fast.

Getting more uncomfortable. Cleaned my house Sunday and could barely move afterwards.

Reiko-I don’t have the nausea I had in first tri but I do feel crappy most of the time. The reflux adds to this and has caused me to throw up a handful of times. You were pretty sick 1st tri so it probably is just rearing it’s ugly head again.
Mrs-glad your bathroom is almost done. I’m so done with house Reno’s and dh isn’t bothered with leaving things undone. My dad came and did most of the finishing touches but still a couple things to complete. I really want to get nursery set up and my list of ‘get ready for baby/postpartum’ done.

Reiko - yay for everyone being in third tri now! Time is flying by!

I was feeling exhausted but my iron levels were pretty low so started iron tablets a week ago and feel sooo much better now 😁

Yep great idea for flip flops in hospital, I am starting to think about making a list for a hospital bag. Going to go through all the baby clothes I have in a couple weeks and then buy a few new bits for baby.

I'm going to attempt to make some meals before baby arrives and freeze them so there is less to do when I'm trying look after 3 kids, the dogs and still work lol!

Getting excited to go shopping now and luckily I don't need to buy any big bits this time round.

That’s what I thought hopefully the weather will be warm so I bought a pair of 90p flip flops from primark to wear walking around before and after birth in hospital!
I’ve bought some non bio washing powder so all I need to do is muster up the energy to go through her clothes and wash them!!
Sorry your feeling sick again reiko!! I feel off some days but not really sick!! I’m getting quite short tempered lately but I think that’s down to being tired!! The 3 a day school runs are taking there toll! And I find “people” ie mil offers her help but once I ask for it tells me she’s too tired! And keeps saying oh when your big il pick joanie up a couple of times a week I’m yet to see this!! It’s seems she only wants to help when it suits her. So I just get on with it I don’t bother asking. 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->