May Marvels 2018

Ricschick I made the switch back to comfort pure fabric softener a few months ago so I didn't have to buy 2 lots for us and baby haha. That's THE baby washing stuff as far as I'm concerned haha. I'm still using our normal surf powder tho. I don't think I changed that with DS so I'm not going to this time, unless bubba has a reaction ofc.

I'm sorry for you ladies who are sick again. DS's teacher just had a baby and I was chatting with her a few months ago before she went on maternity and she was saying she was being sick again every time she ate something.

I'm not sick, but my lord this heartburn is constant. Literally from the moment I wake up til I sleep. It won't stop.
Guys if the old wives tale is true, I might be carrying a baby chewbacca :haha:

It's official: I've gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks, but I adore my doctor I saw today (5 in practice). He said, and I quote, "Numbers don't say crap. I look at you and you look perfect." So we're going with that!

I'm 5'8" and skinny everywhere but belly, but I feel fat. And I feel like my face is, but I guess I need to get over it.

Queasy off and on and can't recline or I can't breathe and it feels like chest pain. He said heartburn but I have no burning...oh the joys. Is it May yet??

Your doctor sounds like a good guy chel! He's completely right.

We don't get weighed at all over here. I'm tracking my weight personally but midwives and doctors don't care about it.

I'm with you on being all belly. I've not gained weight anywhere other than the bump and my face. Which is awesome. Love me some moon face ����

Chel I had that “type” of heartburn in my 2nd tri and with my 2nd pregnancy a lot. It is scary, I had actually gone to emergency for it because the shortness of breath and chest pain was actually really concerning. But it’s just GERD or whatever they call it, really uncomfortable!! This time it’s all the burning in the throat for me and I can tell it’s heartburn.

Chel-that’s the pain I have if I don’t take Zantac. It radiates around my upper midsection even in to my back. It’s a terrible feeling but does dissipate with the Zantac. I hate taking stuff but I can’t deal with it.
I love your drs response!

Broken-the ‘moon face’ is bugging me the most. I haven’t really gained weight in other places but my bump looks huge as does my round face. I’ve been pinning stuff on Pinterest to start ‘getting fit’ after pregnancy. We will see if I have the energy for it. Lol

Ricschick-I’m not sure why people throw out the ‘ill help’ card but when it comes down to it they aren’t there. I can only imagine how busy life is for you with your kids.

I am lacking serious motivation these days. I have barely been off the couch and am dragging. I know the anemia has a lot to do with it and the liquid iron I got is disgusting so I’m struggling to get it in. I just feel so lazy and unproductive!

chel your mom reminds me of something my mom used to say to us all the time as kids: "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer." (My parents had endless patience for honest questions of curiosity, but not for us being willfully obtuse.) I loooove what the good doctor said, though!

I am with a bunch of y'all on the "no motivation don't care" train. I was supposed to be speaking at a conference next week, but it was cancelled a couple weeks ago, so I'm taking vacation instead. And it's like my brain realized that yesterday and went "okay, so we're done with work!" And no we are not just yet, but I am STRUGGLING to get anything done work-wise.

Plus there was a scheduling mishap with the midwives (we were told noon for today; they had us down for 11), so now there's been a bunch of rescheduling. I am just not in the mood to change gears so much.

I have no motivation either.

Getting out of the house is a struggle. My mom came and cleaned my house today in about 30 mins, the same would’ve taken me 2 hrs I’m sure!

And I’m sooo tired. Anemia too though and I’m sure blood sugars are affecting it. But i did start working out last week so I’m doing a bit of weight lifting a few times a week.

And I agree with Zantac working really well! I also like to avoid taking anything while I’m prwgnant but it’s been recommended to me so many times and it does work.

Reiko good for you for starting to work out again! I have been telling myself to for months but I’m not listening lol. I desperately need to if anything just to have strength to deliver. I think it’s half the reason my bump is so huge is that I have no abs engaged at all.

I have energy for about half an hour in the morning and that’s me done lol!! After 3 school runs a day I’m knackered!!
I managed to sort babies clothes today yay go me I’ve only washed one lot tho but I’m glad I no what I have! 👍🏻

Ricschick you’re to go on the clothes! I think that will be my next weeks goal, then I’ll do my hospital bag, and getting the baby’s sleeping space ready. My DH is in charge of changing all the car seats around in the van but I’m sure he’ll be doing that in the hospital parking lot even though he’s been told for months lol.

I need to get my older girls closets sorted actually. I have a whole bunch of size 3 that I need to get out for my toddler and put away my preschoolers size 4 things. So that’ll be a weeks project too.

I need to get a consult with an OB for insulin since my dietician’s advice didn’t help at all. So my mw is sending a referral today and waiting for a call next week about an appt.

It looks like we'll be moving house end of April so everything will be pretty crazy right before my due date. But, I really want to be closer to our work places and my parents will be staying in the area for three weeks after delivery too, so it will hopefully work out. However, means I need to concentrate on packing and sorting stuff...which I haven't really done. Having a hard time kicking myself into gear at work too. I start out every morning really slow, haha.

Chib that sounds super difficult... good luck!! Especially since most stuff needs to be packed in the last week before you move!!

Wow chibi I do not envy you having to do that! I hope you have lots of help?

Yesterday my mom sister and I took the kids to Toronto to go to the museum and I’m EXHAUSTED today! It was several hours of walking (ouch) which probably wasn’t smart but the kids liked it. I can barely move to get anything done today. I just can’t get over how much this pregnancy is kicking my behind. I’m ready for her to
Come out and move on to the next stage.

Chibi I do not even you at all. I moved when I was about this pregnant with DS and that kicked my butt. I can't imagine doing it any later. I hope it all goes smoothly and you have lots of help!!

I finally motivated ladies, I've washed all our 0-3 clothes and they ready to go in drawers. I've also washed our blankets and sheets for bubba too. I'm hecking exhausted. I'm glad I only have to big wash everything once haha

Chibi I moved when I was about 7 or 8 months pregnant with my first kiddo. We enlisted the help of my sister and her family as well as one of my friends, and that was a huge help. Do you guys have people that are able to help you?

It's spring break and I've pretty much lived in bed. I did dishes today and it wore me out. I give up. Poor hubs will have to keep doing everything for another 2-3 months, at least.

I can deal with fatigue (and grabbing naps in the day) after baby but working FT and in this final stage does me in. I've been up since 3am from insomnia...ugh...my office is a mess. I have tomorrow as my last procrastination day.

My doc recommended Prevacid or Nexium in the morning and Zantac at night. I'm trying not to take much, so we shall see. If I sit up or lay all the way down, I'm ok. It's the slight recline or lean that does me in.

Well I had a consult with an OB today ladies, it couldn’t have gone better. He was soo nice and understanding and super patient centred, not controlling at all.

He didn’t give me insulin just yet but I have to do extra monitoring and He said I should get a good sweep at 38 and 39 weeks to avoid induction, if I go on insulin. Which I probably will need to but that’s ok. So now I have a full time job monitoring the baby for the next 5 weeks... a non stress test each week, OB app alternating with mw app every week, and at least one more ultrasound to measure baby’s size. I don’t really want to do the ultrasound but I’m not going to be picky. And then a sweep at 38 weeks will hopefully bring this babe out or they’ll induce me early if I’m on insulin... so we will definitely be having an April baby instead of a May baby! I’m ok with that honestly, so done with being preggo!!

Reiko, I feel you on the busy weeks. I have to go in twice a week for non stress tests, plus one ultrasound a week to check baby's growth and amniotic fluid. It's exhausting, and I have to tow my 4 year old along with me to all of them (my other kiddo, thankfully, is in school)

VIERa is that mainly because of diabetes? Or other factors as well?

My MIL can be infuriating. I updated her on the whole situation because I don’t want her to be surprised at any of the things that are going on if she finds out. I told her about induction but that the OB was fairly confident in me going into labour after a sweep at 38 weeks based on my previous labour and how the baby is engaged so far etc. And she says to me “well you know third babies just have a mind of their own”.

Like even if you do know better than the OB who has delivered hundreds of babies (which you don’t), that comment is just totally unhelpful. Like I need to be thinking about the bad outcomes to add stress to my already stressful pregnancy. Honestly!!

It’s exciting to know the end isn’t too far off Reiko. I’m glad you had a positive app with the ob. As for MIL I try not to give too much energy to stupid comments or people for that matter. My MIL said some stupid shit when I was pg with dd and after she was born that made me nuts. This time around I just don’t engage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->