May Marvels 2018

This will be our last baby as well, I feel #3 will make our family complete...the OH was done at 2 but hey ho lol!
Happy for him to get the snip but over here the doctors wait until baby is born and then they normally do it a few months later. A friend however went to get the snip and he was told there was no funding at the moment so couldn't have it done!

Apart from tiredness and a few aches I'm doing ok but cannot wait until May as well! Started sorting baby clothes and will buy some bits this month, we also need to buy a new car so we can all fit it!

34 weeks. Heck! Next month we're gunna have babies!! Some of us will even have babies this month. Heckkkkk!

We're pretty much ready now. We've just have the last min stuff to get now. Nappies, wiped, formula etc. But all the big stuff is bought and ready now.

Can you believe we're nearly at the end now ladies.

Also mild panic over here. The person watching DS is unavailable for the 20th of may. Which is now 99% when bubba will show up because why wouldn't he come when I have no childcare. So I'm low key panicking. I have others but they're either people who will probably let me down last min, or will hold the help over me for the rest of my life and I'd rather not use either of them tbh.

It is crazy to think that we will be holding our babies in a month or so. I’ve been having lots of dreams about this baby over the last week. I know I’m ready to be done. My body is hurting and I’m so uncomfortable. I’m tired of everyone telling me how big I am too! I’m not commenting on other people and their weight gain...maybe I should!
Yazzy we are getting a new vehicle too. Looking at a van (gasp lol) only because it’s just so convenient. Dh is going to list his truck this week.

Broken, Chibi, et al. (ha ha), I am so glad we're not the only ones who still have a bunch of stuff to sort out. We rejoined the world of car-owners a couple weeks ago, but we still don't have a carseat. Or a bassinet. Or any diaper stuff (we're going to do cloth through a service here, but we still need covers & wipes etc.). Also realizing we meant to do some infant first aid/CPR & "what the heck do you do with a baby" classes. Uh. We'll see if we can fit that in...

Heck! Next month we're gunna have babies!! Some of us will even have babies this month. Heckkkkk!

^^ this exactly :laugh2:

Ready, our friends have two kids and a van (handed down from the mom's parents...the van, that is). They are super nontraditional in a lot of ways, even though they look pretty traditional to the casual observer, and the mom was super resistant to joining the van life...but LOVES it. It fits anything and everything (plywood? IKEA stuff? no problem!), it's easy to throw the whole family AND some friends in the car (adults or kids), it's comfy and spacious. Rock that van life!

Mostly over here, every day, I ask myself the same question: "...did...I just...pee myself?" Mostly the answer is no! But I keep wondering!

Also I finally got to go to another prenatal yoga class with the teacher I like so much. I like her classes even more after trying out another place. She's so down-to-earth, her classes are challenging but fun, and I keep finding myself reminded of tidbits from her class in the rest of my life. Plus, it is really nice to be around other pregnant folks! But suddenly I'm the one who's the furthest along and it's SO WEIRD.

Broken...nightmare with the childcare. Do your family not live near you?
I'm lucky my family are all minutes away so my mum is ready to have the kids any time.
Ready...yep we are looking at 7 seaters because we need 3 proper seats across the back to fit car seats in and also handy for days out with extra people. Just need to sort the finances and sell our car.

Eeek babies arriving next month, that's crazy! Can't wait to meet this little one though.

May have found the perfect place (I wrote earlier that we wanted to move before baby arrives) but husband is still reluctant. I wonder what I have to do to convince him? We would improve from a 45min. commute now to 25min., even in bad traffic. To me that alone is worth it as I would actually like to see my children in the time I have between working full-time and commuting to and from work.

35 weeks today! Only 17 days left at work! And convinced hubby to go for the apartment I so like. :) :) :) Now, to finding a childminder/nanny for after I have to return to work. @.@ The fun never ends.

Wowsa!! We’re having babies next month 😱😱 I’m physically so ready to have this baby but not so much mentally!! I can’t wait to have her but I’m sad as this too is our last baby so I’m “trying” to enjoy it but I’m so uncomfortable and I hurt most of the day that it’s tricky to enjoy!!
We’ve talked about dh having the snip too , I think he’s half agreed but he’s scared it will effect him sexually lol!! I think he really should get it done then I can stop thinking about babies lol!! If he doesn’t then I might.
We’ve had to change my car too! We went from a ford smax which was a great had full back seats but we needed an 8 seater so we got an Mercedes Viano which is van like but so spacious and great to drive!!!
Sleep what’s that lol if I don’t get achy hips my arms go numb!! Lol.

Yazzy I don't really have family, nevermind family close by :cry:
My dad lives a city away and I expect would let me down with last min excuses because he doesn't actually want to be in my life now he has a new wife and family.
I have an aunt much closer, but she would hold "helping" over my head forever and it's really not worth the hassle. Plus she is so disrespectful of me and the way I parent god knows what stuff she will say to DS. The very rare times she's watched him before she spends hours informing me how much DS didn't miss me at all, and how she could just take him and he wouldn't care or want me (she has no children of her own btw)
My mum passed away 4 yrs ago. And we don't speak to DH family on account of his mum being a crazy batshit stalker lady.

They are absolute last resorts and frankly I'd rather give birth without DH so he could watch DS but obvs he doesn't want that. It's a logistical nightmare.

Ricschick DH was worried about the sexual aspect too. I googled it and there's no link between the two. That calmed him down a lot!

We had a discussion over Easter dinner on Sunday about the snip. The 2 fam members that had it done said it wasn’t a big deal. A couple of days of discomfort and nothing after. If I were younger it might play in my mind to have more but I know I’m done and just don’t want the stress of thinking about it.
Ricschick I’m right where you are! Physically I want this baby out but mentally I feel so unprepared lol. I can’t imagine I can feel more tired than I already am but I know it’s coming. I’m not sure how I will manage with the kids off of school for. The summer and baby being so little. We have a trailer we stay in at a park for the summer and luckily my sister is also there so hopefully I can wrangle her in to some dd watching if I need a snooze.
Kitten I know logistically the van makes the most sense and everyone that has one loves it, I just never thought that I would have one lol.
Like you Yazzy we have to sell dh truck first and see what money we have to play around with. We probably should have started earlier but it is what it is. We have a few weeks to get sorted.

LOAds of stuff going on all of us getting ready for baby!! Good luck to all those looking for new vehicles! We have a 7 seater van and we love it, good for when the kids friends need a ride. I have my OB app this afternoon and hopefully he has the ultrasound results to see how big this girlie is. And then I have a diabetes clinic app on Friday and this has got to be the one where they put me on insulin! They keep putting it off. I go every week (for like a month now) ready for it and then they say one more week of diet control! Which is fine but it’s very stressful without any help from theninsilin.

Of course, everyone in our house has come down with the grossest chest cold. I spend the first hour of the morning clearing out my chest, I can’t even talk I’m so congested for the morning! I’m paranoid because I had pneumonia from 33-37 weeks last pregnancy so I’m scared I’ll get it again. We all need to be healthy by next week so we’re ready for this baby if she comes early. I feel like once she gets close to 8 lbs she’s coming no matter how close to 40 weeks it is.

Reiko dd and I have had some kind of upper respiratory cold for 3 weeks now. We are constantly clearing either our chests or throats. I’m so over it! My ears have also been plugged because of it which is driving me nuts.
I hope for you it doesn’t turn to pneumonia. I know every time I have a coughing fit I feel like I have ripped my lower abs or ligaments.
Hopefully baby isn’t too big but if it means an earlier departure, for your sake I hope she is. Lol

Oh my goodness you guys, this baby is measuring right on track (if not a few days behind) according to ultrasound and now my belly is measuring on track. The ultrasound stated possible polyhydramnios so I have another one on Thursday morning, but the OB palpate my belly and said there’s no way I have extra fluid because of what my belly feels like. But still have another one to double check.

And because my sugars are high, but borderline (like two or three points above where they want me) the OB said it’s my choice if I want to go on insulin and he will support my decision, and he thinks the midwives should still deliver me.

If I do have to be induced he said we can push it to 39 weeks instead of 38.

I feel like this is such a gong show and I was totally stressed out for almost no reason at all. So I’m going to try and not stress anymore, at least I know she’s not going to grow dramatically in the next 2ish weeks before I start my membrane sweeps XD

Hi all. I had a super rough weekend. There was so much pain and my uterus would tighten and stay that way for hours! I was ready to tear the little dude out.

Had to do two NST's Monday (needed juice to waken him). Ultrasound next Wednesday to check on him since he's measuring small. Doc checked cervix and still closed, and he theorizes the small size has him more sideways and he's pushing out on my sides, making it really stretch things.

Hubby is getting snipped. I gave him no choice, lol. This is our first and last and we are both satisfied with that. I need to make him an appointment for right after birth. He doesn't want me to go through again what I went through with this pregnancy and at our ages, we're content with one.

Chel that sucks!! You have had a really rough pregnancy I can definitely understand wanting to be done. I think you will rock your labour and delivery after pushing through such a difficulty pregnancy though!!

Is your dr saying baby isn’t head down yet, but still transverse? I hope your ultrasound has some good results and he is measuring normally. Are you and hubby small people or?

Reiko, what a rollercoaster! But it sounds like all the news lately has been good news? Hoping you feel like you can relax a little for now!

chel, agh, I hope you get a little more respite before your little guy shows up! One of the women in our classes has started having random contractions regularly lately, and she flat-out said "I would be thrilled to miss all the rest of these classes if this baby wants to come this week." (I cannot fathom feeling that way yet, but also I'm not in constant pain.)

Chel that sucks!! You have had a really rough pregnancy I can definitely understand wanting to be done. I think you will rock your labour and delivery after pushing through such a difficulty pregnancy though!!

Is your dr saying baby isn’t head down yet, but still transverse? I hope your ultrasound has some good results and he is measuring normally. Are you and hubby small people or?

Pregnancy does not like me, and I don't like it!
I sincerely hope I rock delivery, lol. My mom had barely an hour of labor with me and my brother...but I didn't inherit any of the other great pregnancy (non) issues she did, so...

Doc thinks a bit transverse but I can feel a foot on my right side constantly. I think he's more at an angle: feet on upper right and head on lower left. Bugger needs to complete rotation, lol.

I am 5'8" and was 6 pounds even; hubs is 6'1" and barely over 7 pounds so we're hoping he's a tiny baby that grows to a tall man!
Baby measured fine a few weeks before with a different doc so who knows? Maybe just a faulty read-but it gets us another free 4D ultrasound!

Check out my sexy new look...

Attachments

• IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 8
Chel...feet up and rest! Is it painful with swollen ankles?

I am feeling so out of breath! Anyone else feel like this? Not sure if it's normal or just because I have 2 other kids to chase around. My lb was fidgeting and not settling til gone 3am this morning...think his last teeth to come through are giving him pain.

I have a growth scan today to see if this little one is still growing and on track.
Picking up the car seat tomorrow then will get clothes out the loft asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->