May Marvels 2018

Good yazzy with your scan!! I too get really out of breathe sometimes even when I’ve done nothing!!

Chel your feet are very swollen just keep an eye on that!!

Reiko sounds like all good news! Try and relax for the next few weeks if you can!!

Midwife app for me today. Met my new permanent midwife and she is lovely!!! I'm so happy.
Everything looks good with bubba, he's still head down thank goodness.
She answered all my questions I've been saving while going through the crap midwives and she's really put my mind at rest. I feel so much more relaxed now.

Broken sooo happy you finally have a good Midwife on your side!

Chel is your BP ok? I know it’s hot where you are too right, that will make your swelling a lot worse.

Broken, I'm so glad to hear about the new midwife! What a relief. And way to go on that kid keeping his head down...send some of those vibes over this way! :D (This one got flipped on Monday, and I haven't been able to figure out if they've stayed that way.)

Thanks Rics, all good at the scan today and baby is measuring fine for gestation so back at 37 weeks for another check to make sure she doesn't slow down with her growth. I'm happy with their plan.

Broken great news about the new midwife, so nice when you get a good one!

Thanks ladies. It's such a weight off my mind to have a good midwife. Honestly the thought of being stuck with rubbish ones was sort of ruining the rest of pregnancy for me.

Kitten I'm sending you all the head down vibes. Baby still has time to figure it out yet though.

Yazzy glad the scan was all good for you. I go for my last scan in 2 weeks. So excited to see bubba for the last time before we meet him.

We got a tiny bit of spring today and I got so much washing done! I stripped all my Moses Basket and washed it, and my pram liner. Everything. If it stood still today I washed it and hung it out :haha:

My BP and urine are fine so I'm not too worried. They actually don't hurt and aren't hot. I was wearing sandals but my heels KILLED by the end of the day so I wore Sketcher slip-ons with memory foam and I think it just pushed fluid up more.

Today I took bedroom slippers to work and that's what I'll wander around in. Still look like Fred Flintstone block feet but definitely not as bad today.

I'm SO tired and achy though!
Home-> Shower-> Bed is my life.

I am now coming to the point where even my maternity clothes become too small. What's up with that??!!

Broken glad you finally have a mw your happy with 👍🏻

Kitten did they have to manually turn baby then? Hopefully baby will be the right way round!!!

Good plan chel!! Also try and keep them up when you can x

Chi I’m with you on that one! My maternity clothes are getting tight too lol.

Yazzy glad your scan went well!!

Broken it’s a good feeling isn’t it once you get the washing done!! I need to wash the Moses basket sheets too

Really enjoying half term at the moment with no school runs to do!! I have another week before they go back!

Chibi I think I have about 3 t shirts that still fit me. Thankfully my leggings still fit. DH is a skinny man so I can't even nick his shirts haha.
I'm going to pick up some big man t shirts to see me to the end. Then I can reuse them as pjs ^_^

Ricschick we have another week off too. It's awesome! I'm loving the rest. I think I over did it with all my washing yesterday though. I hurt today.

Chib at the point where all of my shirts and sweaters are just covering my belly. If I stretch or raise my arms belly is hanging out lol.

Broken so glad you are happy with this MW. Your practitioner can really make or break the experience. I’m so grateful for all those that I have to bring me ‘across the finish line’.

Chel-here’s to hoping the next month is kind to you. Your body has given you a hard time from the beginning.

Yazzy glad to hear your scan went well!

I’m sitting here watching the snow fall and wondering when the F spring is going to show her face?? I’m so tired of grey skies and cold, crappy weather!
I saw my chiro yesterday and we will start with induction stuff in just over 2 weeks. My souls friend is bringing her birth pool on the 23rd to set up and we have our home visit with my mw in over a week!! I’m starting to get excited (and a bit nervous) for birth day. I’ve been working on my hypnobirthing though to keep my head in the right space.

Ready so excited for you! I hope your hb is amazing! And that spring arrives soon.

I just got my maternity leave claim approved today and I qualified for the maximum amount per week which is great. My income varies so I wasn’t sure how much I’d be getting so knowing will make the next few weeks of budgeting a lot easier! Phew!

I think I’m about 12 days away from my first sweep yahoo!! Lol. I doubt it will work because I’ll only be 37+3 and probably baby just won’t be ready but who knows. I started drinking RLT this morning... yeah I’m not a fan of that. It sort of tastes like green tea but there’s some aftertaste that’s pretty unpleasant :/.

Oh and my size Xs maternity shirts are getting a bit small... I think I may have gained more weight than I should’ve XD

Reiko get the raspberry leaf tablets instead i don’t like the tea either x

ricschick, my midwives referred me to this acupuncturist/midwife/naturopath in town who has a fab reputation. I saw her Monday this week, and she did two needles in my toes (I've had a ton of acupuncture at this point, but these two HURT), and then started doing swoopy massage-y manual maneuvers on my belly. Mostly it was fine, some of it was super intense; by the end I was a little surprised that she'd gotten them to do a 180! Just have no idea where this little one is now. Feeling way calmed down after my acupuncture (with my usual acupuncturist) yesterday, though. I've been so stressed about positioning and it's not a fun way to live.

Next week's our home visit with the midwives, though! I can't believe it's all getting so close.

And I finally got my leave dates provisionally set with our HR! I'm off on PTO from May 1st, and then my maternity leave officially starts on my due date, til mid-August. That's an American win! Plan is for both me & husband to stay home for the first month, then I'll stay home a couple months on my own, then I'll return to work (still working from home) and he'll stay home for a couple months. We still need to figure out what we're doing for childcare after that, but that gives us 5 months before we need anything.

It felt like nothing happened for ages, and now it feels like EVERYTHING is happening, or about to!

I am a tiny little bit freaked out. Last U/S was on Wednesday and baby's head was even lower than before. So, this morning, I was actually able to feel his head by myself! I have actually felt my baby! But a teeny tiny bit freaked out still. ;P

Chibi - my babys head has been pressed right up against my cervix for weeks. Feels like a bowling ball between my legs! My OB checked to see if I was dilated at all at my last appt and she was like 'well your baby dropped'

Chib don’t freak out!! That’s awesome that baby is in the right spot and you’ve only got to keep her in for like 10 more days and you’re gold! If baby’s there and ready you’ll have an awesome delivery! You too viera!! I can feel a lot of pressure sometimes when I walk but nothing like my last baby. She was head on the cervix for weeks and came in 90 mins. My mw was so happy with her positioning at 37 weeks and said the laboutnwould be pretty smooth and it was. (I mean other than excruciating obviously there were no complications).

And kitten super unlikely baby would flip back after 35 weeks!! Likely too big without some help from the outside?? I wouldn’t be too worried!! I’m sure your midwives are really experienced and can tell easily the positioning? (I have 3 older midwives and 2 newer ones — the newer ones dig in so hard to find the position of the baby and even then don’t seem too confident! The experienced ones can feel so easily).

Ricschick I would get the pills but I’ve just spent $20 on the tea on amazon and have 40 packets lol :/

So I had another ultrasound yesterday to measure my fluid levels. OB called today to say they’re completely normal, so that along with her measuring right on track indicates my diabetes is being well controlled so my borderline morning readings are ok with them and no insulin! Oh all the stress of being monitored. The cascade of interventions is SO REAL y’all!!!! If I had been self monitoring my blood sugar like I did with my last pregnancy rather than the diabetes clinic I would be in the exact same position I am now 8/. It’s been an interesting experience that added a lot of uneccessary stress!!

You ladies with already engaged babies. Wow! This boy has found the exit but is in no rush to get there.

I definitely think we're going to have a few May babies in April at this rate.

And I finally got my leave dates provisionally set with our HR! I'm off on PTO from May 1st, and then my maternity leave officially starts on my due date, til mid-August. That's an American win! Plan is for both me & husband to stay home for the first month, then I'll stay home a couple months on my own, then I'll return to work (still working from home) and he'll stay home for a couple months. We still need to figure out what we're doing for childcare after that, but that gives us 5 months before we need anything.
It is sad that it's an American win, lol. We are so behind the modern world.
I have to send in for my leave. As a teacher, my district will only give maternity leave (no pay; just continue benefits) during one school year, so if I leave now they won't resume in August. I want the full 3 months so I'm taking it after summer, August-end of October then I'm taking a personal leave (I pay benefits at $760 a month) until the start of January, when the second semester starts.

So I'll return when he's about 8 months, which is good. I have time to settle daycare and get him weaned off the boob. It'll be tight but we have a very healthy savings and I feel I need to be with him at the start.

Now I'm just hoping he doesn't come too early. I can't take leave now and you can only take 10 sub days in a row. If he comes before 5/11 I would have to go in a day or pray my job would let me look like I'm there if I'm not. If not, hubs is bringing baby up to feed every 2 hours and I'm walking out of class.....arg...I want him out early but I want everything to work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->