May Marvels 2018

7.7lb last Saturday, so if he comes in the next few days it should be around that.

OMG, all I do is pee now. It's so annoying, and boring!

Same here ricschick, snotty plug pieces but not bloody, but then possible colours apparently vary wildly.

Happy 39weeks chi!!!

I’ve spent the last 2 hours cleaning
Feeling tired now and had a few sore bh!

Here’s to hoping you ladies losing your plugs will be in labour soon!

Congratulations Viera! Beautiful baby girl and a lovely name too. I'm glad you are all ok now.

Sooo...who's going to be next?!

Good luck to all of you having signs of impending labour.
I never lost any mucus plug with either of mine, last time I just remember needing the loo a lot and having niggles in the morning and contractions started that evening.

Strangely enough I am ok with this part of pregnancy, maybe baby has dropped down a bit as I can breathe easier now and am enjoying getting the last bits ready. Lots of baby bits are now washed and dried phew!! Looks like the weather is picking up from the end of this week so the sun always makes me happy!!

Oh yes my BH's also feel like baby is stretching but they are sometimes quite uncomfortable although nothing like a labour contraction.

I’m feeling fed up today! I’m just sick of feeling like crap! I have no energy I ache from head to foot, but I still have to crack on with things and do the bloody school run. Just feel like crying today. Ignore me just feeling sorry for myself. 🙄😔

Hubby came to my last appointment and he and OB ganged up on me with the water, lol. Doc wants lots of water. Hubby is now the water warden with me. OB said tea in the morning only (I don't drink coffee) because it makes you pee and dehydrates you quicker.

I'm aiming for water during the work day (more) then I'm doing my juice and chocolate milk in the evening. I have to have flavor!

If only I could stop pooping with every pee. My bungie is so sore! :nope:

I’m feeling fed up today! I’m just sick of feeling like crap! I have no energy I ache from head to foot, but I still have to crack on with things and do the bloody school run. Just feel like crying today. Ignore me just feeling sorry for myself. 🙄😔

Ricschick I feel your pain! This has been me for days except I want to scream instead of cry. Feel sorry for yourself, it’s ok! Dh told me I need to relax today, if looks could kill he would be dead let me tell you.
I’m hoping it’s a hormone shift and baby will be out any time! Any which way I’m wrapping you in hugs!!

Yup Ricschick definitely the right time to be fed up lol. I find 37/38 to be the hardest because you’re so close but still could be so far!! Once you get close to 40 yeah you’re still fed up but it really will be any day so it’s not that long to wait!

I was really thinking something might happen last night... haha still pregnant this morning! Sweep in 6 hrs and I’m really hoping all our sex and epo has helped me dilate a decent amount so I’m not in prelabour anymore and she can stretch me close to active. I’m annoyed with the BH at night. The day they’re barely there and then I can lay there for hours at night wondering if they’ll pick up into the real thing. Ridiculous.

Chib my last sweep made me pee like crazy with all the BH it gave me! I was up that night probably 10 times. GL today — how many hrs before your sweep? I’m no good with time zones.

I honestly just can’t believe I’m still pregnant at 39+2. 9 days over my last baby! I’m so ready for this baby to be out!! I can’t wait to go into labour. At least my husband got his few days at work he needed to finish his project so he’ll be happy for the baby to come anytime now. I hope I don’t have the newbie Midwife today so I’ll get a more experienced “sweeper” XD

I know with my 2nd baby the mw did the most awesome sweep and she said my cervix was still posterior so she actually pulled it anterior and I’m wondering if that was the key rather than just stretching. Who knew you could do that!! That mw got really chronically ill (she’s only in her 30’s) and can’t work anymore. So sad. I will always remember she brought Dd2 into the world with her amazing sweep.

Ricschick I feel your pain! This has been me for days except I want to scream instead of cry. Feel sorry for yourself, it’s ok! Dh told me I need to relax today, if looks could kill he would be dead let me tell you.
I’m hoping it’s a hormone shift and baby will be out any time! Any which way I’m wrapping you in hugs!!

It’s got to be a labour hormone shift. I feel really close with all my prelabour symptoms and DH has never been this annoying to me in our entire lives together. Last night he was eating cereal and the way he was eating it I wanted to strangle him. I just sat staring at him with wide eyes it was soooo annoying!! Everything he does is so annoying!!

So here’s what’s adding to my irritation is all of our family that is starting to call multiple times a day and a few keep saying ‘call us when things are happening’ or ‘don’t forget to call’...seriously??!! Do they think we will just be swallowed up in to a vortex and forget about them all?
Is this irrational of me? I feel like I’m losing my marbles!

Ready that would be driving me MAD. Why do they need to know if anything is happening? Are they gunna come to the hospital and deliver the baby themselves?

The only person I'm telling when stuff happens is my friend who is looking after DS. No one else. Can't be doing with people blowing up my phone while I'm trying to give birth.

Viera, she's absolutely beautiful. I'm so very happy for you! :)

I'm 38 weeks today. Can't believe it.

I hear all of you on the relatives. The only question everybody is asking now is whether anything is happening. It's sort of annoying. As if I would be on the phone or chat if labour had kicked off.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is moody. I sent DS to bed tonight without tucking him in....he took 20 minutes to change into his PJs and I completely lost patience. I feel terrible now :(

RnW - I'd love a spring clean!

Chel - can you have non-caffeine teas such as redbush, or other infusions? They shouldn't be dehydrating. The other thing I do is add a few (3-4) fresh mint leaves to a mug of boiling water and let them steep. I sweeten them with a touch of honey, if I'm in the mood.

Reiko and Chib - Hope those sweeps work!
Good luck to everyone with impending labour signs.
I didn't think I'd say this, but I hope LO holds on for a couple of weeks. DS1 has very helpfully brought home a virus, and I've caught it. I woke up with a sore throat this morning, and now my nose is runny, and it seems like it's really setting in. :dohh:
I hope I get over it before LO arrives - don't want to pass it on to a newborn!

Thank you RnW I’m feeling a bit better now!! See my husband doesn’t annoy me but my god I could have killed the dog today and she weren’t really doing anything wrong 🤦🏼*♀️ I’ve had zero patience today.
Fx for the up coming sweeps!! If I’m still pregnant at 40 weeks il be asking for one!!

I'm from the south. The only tea I can like is ice cold sweet tea, lol! I have picky taste buds, too, so sweet tea it is! I told hubs just now something is better than nothing.

Finally got the call! Going in for induction Mother's Day night at 6:30pm. That's Sunday the 13th! 12 days and counting...so hopefully I'll have a baby on the 14th.

Of course the OB on call then is the one I've never met, but we scheduled a greet for this Thursday! Having a definitive timeline makes me happy, even though I'm miserable and wish it was sooner. I turn new weeks on the Friday so we had to wait until the weekend was over, arg.

Can I just say that I'm really, really craving Pringles right now? We don't have any (or anything similar) at home. Hmph.

Ricschick - I have an appointment this week. I'm planning to ask them to book a sweep when I hit 40 weeks. If they make a fuss, I'll do a bit of moaning and groaning about the SPD and hope it works.

Ready that would be driving me MAD. Why do they need to know if anything is happening? Are they gunna come to the hospital and deliver the baby themselves?

The only person I'm telling when stuff happens is my friend who is looking after DS. No one else. Can't be doing with people blowing up my phone while I'm trying to give birth.

I get people are excited but give me a break! Dh will be the deliverer of info. My phone will not be on me!

I get people are excited but give me a break! Dh will be the deliverer of info. My phone will not be on me!

With DS, we didn't tell anybody that I was in labour. This time, we don't have a choice, and telling one person means that the word will spread.
The thing is, I can see them calling every now and then asking for an update. I'll find it mighty annoying if the phone keeps ringing (even if it isn't mine). I think I'll ask DH to put his phone on silent and ignore it.

I know not everyone sees it this way, but labour is private to me and I'm not interested in people knowing just how far things have progressed. They can wait till the baby arrives.

I don't have time to read but a quick update - had my sweep, with the most experienced midwife yay! It hurt a bit more than last week. She said I will have some show and cramping for sure, and that the bag of waters is in between my cervix and the baby's head, so that when my water breaks baby's head will be right there and it will go very quickly from that point. Feeling a lot of pressure and thinking I should go for a walk? I dunno. Anyways, I'll be catching up with the posts later on today ladies xx

Agcam I'm with you. Labour is a private thing for me. I'm not updating everyone every time someone looks up my lady bits.
I didn't tell anyone I was in labour with DS, I had other stuff to focus on! My mum might have told family members and kept them updated when she nipped outside. I have no idea. I didn't ask.

Personally I think it's really rude to be harassing mums to be, even if it's just "keep us informed" I think it smacks of entitlement and it's rude. Mama knows how long everyone has been waiting for baby, she's been waiting just as long. Leave her in peace to rest and get ready and give birth for goodness sake!

Oooooo Reiko! Go go! Go for a walk, dtd, have a big curry. Go mama go!

Been having plenty of BH and some period like cramps but nothing happening yet. Baby's head feel so so so low though. Something must be going on in there. Please let me be dilated on Friday. Pleeeeeease!

Ladies I totally agree! I think dh told people I was in labour with dd but I don’t know where my phone was or what he was doing during labour. Well he was by my side so I would say not on his phone. I imagine he must have told people when she arrived but I was pretty adamant that I didnt want visitors other than ds and our parents the first 24 hours. It will be much the same this go around.
I just don’t remember being so annoyed with everyone asking me how I am and to keep them updated. I’m pregnant not brain dead! I don’t need to be told each conversation!!!
Reiko def walk! I went for a walk after my sweep with dd and went from a 3 to a 7 in 30 mins. Eeeek...I have everything crossed!!

Broken I hope things are starting for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->