May Marvels 2018

Reiko I weighed myself the day before birth and my total gain from 13 weeks to term was 34lbs. I weighed myself 4 days post partum and was already down 15lb of those lbs. I'm so happy because I was stressing about my weight gain. I mean I was chubby before and I'll be working on that. But it'll be nice to get back to base level chubby haha.

I don't remember any afterpains with ODS. But this time... phew!

Rosie he was born mostly in them. My hind waters had gone so his feet were free. But the rest of him was. So I'm gunna take it as lucky. I wish I'd be able to see, but all I was looking at was the ceiling haha.

Mamas with babies... are your pets having any issues adjusting to the new baby? I have 3 cats and none of them will even come in the same room as us when Ryan is there. 2 of them are speaking to us on our own, but 1 is still running from us and I'm not sure how to help them tbh.

Poor kitties!! I would think they just need a bit of time adjusting. Make sure you’re keeping them fed and watered and they’ll come around!! The smell of a new baby and thensounds are sure to throw them off... they’ll get used to it!! We’ve never had a pet since we’ve had our babies. But I would guess time would be the answer and it probably won’t be too long once they realize he’s staying. Are they feral cats or usually friendly?

I am intrigued to know how my cats will be, I am almost hoping they won't be keen so they aren't trying to dive into the shnuggle all the time!!!

Reiko they're indoor cats. Totally domestic. Small progress has been made today. All 3 have at least been in the same room as Ryan.

Rosie I don't know which is worse. I'm worried they feel neglected, but if they were all in his space I'd be worried about the fur and them laying on him.

Pets and babies are hard y'all!

Ryan has his days and nights backwards, he wants to sleep all day, then stay up all night haha.

Rosie I think you're the first one to actually make it to your due date.

We’re doing a bit of backwards days nights here too. Not consistently, but it seems like her big sleep is late afternoon/dinner and then from 2-5 in the morning she had a hard time settling. And then by the time she’s settled for another long sleep my big girls are up!! I’m tired haha. Only 6-8 weeks before they start sleeping a bit better XD XD XD

No word yet from RnW or Ricschick! I'm excited to hear from both of them.

Broken - Yes, I remember feeling quite faint for a week or so afterwards, and was put on iron supplements. I also used it as an excuse to have a steak on occasion :D I do hope you start to feel better soon.
I'm on ferrous fumarate at the moment due to anaemia. I think it's better than ferrous sulphate in terms of side effects.

Chel - I looked like a balloon afterwards (and not just the feet). I couldn't bend my arm properly for the first 2 days. It went down gradually over a period of 4-5 days. I think your body needs time to sweat/wee out all the extra fluid.
Also - I'm not that far off 40, so hear you on the age. How did you convince DH to have a vasectomy. Mine absolutely refused when I brought the subject up months ago. He looked horrified :haha:
Part of the reason we have such a big age gap between the kids is the cost. We couldn't have afforded putting two through childcare at the same time.

Reiko - glad a lot of it was water weight! It's good to hear. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it's the same for me.

Rosie - I'm not that far behind you. I'll be full-term on Tuesday. Doesn't look like she's going to arrive before then :)

I never burned when I peed and even though my prior hemorrhoid came out, it never hurt to poop. I have had some loose bowels the last day but I can't complain about PP recovery. Itchy stitch but I can move now without aches or pains.

My feet are bigger than before birth! I have been up a lot more with baby though and I'm not drinking enough water. Ugh. They are the only things that big. No sweats and I guess I need to pee more.

So I made the decision last night to exclusively pump. Poor Siler just can't latch with his wee mouth and was so frustrated and never able to drink enough after an hour. I started pumping and it's much easier! Plus Daddy can help, which he loves. So I'm taking the weekend when hubs is here to pump every few hours and start getting a supply.

We feel good about this as a family. Fed Siler at midnight, up once at 3:45, then slept until daddy up at 7:15...he can feed and get back to sleep much faster and better, and I can pump after I feed him and he's resting again.

Chel - I looked like a balloon afterwards (and not just the feet). I couldn't bend my arm properly for the first 2 days. It went down gradually over a period of 4-5 days. I think your body needs time to sweat/wee out all the extra fluid.
Also - I'm not that far off 40, so hear you on the age. How did you convince DH to have a vasectomy. Mine absolutely refused when I brought the subject up months ago. He looked horrified :haha:
Part of the reason we have such a big age gap between the kids is the cost. We couldn't have afforded putting two through childcare at the same time.
Siler is a week old tomorrow (Monday)! As of Thursday I've lost 10 pounds. I ordered a scale (never had one) and it comes in tomorrow.

I don't think I gave hubs a choice, lol! I'm bossy and I told him it's happening if he wanted intimacy. No way I was risking it after the horrible pregnancy. If I were younger we'd have kids far apart, but he knows and agrees deep down about having one. He grumbles light-heatedly but it's happening. All his brothers have had it so he can deal.

I have no idea what I weigh or have put on during pregnancy, I don't have scales. My clothes all still fit me really, although I can't do my jeans up lol I just have a big football on my tummy...that's how it feels 😂😂

I have been losing tiny bits of mucus plug today and getting so many bh's recently (although I don't think that's a sign of anything).

My daughter had her bowling party today so now all her birthday celebrations are done I can relax and the baby can come when she is ready...starting to feel a bit strange about it as I know this is our last one so this is the last time experiencing all of this eeek!

I hope all those May babies are still doing well.

Hey girls sorry I’ve not updated I wrote a short post this morning but clearly didn’t hit reply!!

Billie Violet was born last night at 10:06pm weighing 8lb 7! A very painful labour but worth it il write my birth plan when I have more energy lol.

Aww, congrats Ricschick! She's lovely. Looking forward to your birth story when you're up to it.

Agcam, hang on there, don't want to be in the overdue club on my own haha. To be fair, 15th was our original due date by LMP but NHS scan pulled us back to 11th.

I'm trying to avoid sign spotting now, but it's bloody hard... I definitely think there's more pressure down there and I'm getting hints of lightning crotch but that could be the hour of laundry and tidying... Which in itself made me wonder if it was nesting. Meh.

OH my she’s absolutely Perfect!!! Wonderful job mama xx. She’s precious!!

Yazzy 8 days in and we’re doing great at our house!! The first few days were sooo tough but nursing is going quite a bit better and my body has completely adjusted to 4 broken hrs of sleep. Just waiting for my pelvic floor to strengthen up a bit which can be a few weeks and then I’ll be feeling really back to normal. Im so glad because the nursing difficulties we had last time lasted wayyy longer and I was going to that place in my head the first few days with this LO. Now I feel so encouraged about the future and so excited to have another baby!! Although looking forward to complete straightening out of days/nights and her figuring out a few longer stretches at night!!

Congrats ricschick!! I don’t think I said congrats to Broken either, so congrats!! Sorry my brain is just mush. Nothing really happening over here; now I’m getting the feeling I really will be the last one. Starting to get nervous about the first few weeks with a newborn and then having a toddler too. I remember the first couple nights with my son were awful and I think we only got two hrs of sleep!!

Rics...Congratulations, so pleased baby has arrived safely!

Reiko... great to hear things are going well at home, I'm still up a lot at night with my son so I'm hoping i'll be use to the broken sleep again lol!

Mrs...we are due only a day apart so hopefully we aren't waiting ages for our babies to arrive 😁

So how many of us are still waiting??

Congratulations Ricschick! She’s perfect.

Sorry I have been a little MIA but I was making myself crazy. I am officially due today and hopeful this strong willed baby shows her face this week. I met with my MW Friday and we came up with a plan for this week if she doesn’t come naturally. I want to avoid hospital induction so she’s looking in to a hospital out of town that may allow for a misoprostal induction that I could do at home. I have been having way more BH or false labour over the last 3 days where the contractions are noticeable and strong. I’m hoping they are doing the trick.

Cor blimey, no sweep for me today. No MW either, community appointments were full and even double booked which is unusual.

I should have planned it earlier to be fair. They said they wouldn't sweep me ahead of 41 weeks anyroad so I called the assessment unit for advice and they have bounced me back to community so I am waiting on a call later...Apparently we have a Saturday clinic so if I can get there, that would be good as I am 41 weeks on Friday.

It is like a feast or a famine with this pregnancy; hypermonitoring or bugger all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->