May Marvels 2018

Ooh Baby for you tonight Ready!! Might only be a few mins really lol!! Let us know when she arrives!!

Mrsstrezy we’ve had 2 really high needs babies so I feel you! To have a relaxed newborn is actually amazing... I said I was done at 3 but if this child continues this way She’ll put me onto a 4th!! I hope this LO is chil for you! But you’re prepared for the other alternative sounds like just in case ;)

Ooh RnW! Sounds super promising! Can't wait for news!

I get a sweep on Saturday so we shall see what happens with me after that... My mum is keen to share a birthday on Monday.

I'm still chill but have all and sundry telling me how excited they are, and how they can't wait. Way to give a cervix performance anxiety...

I'm super pleased at the successful pumping stories. I remember it being tougher to pump in the early days but want a stash because I've an evening out with my eldest and (current) youngest mid July so need a good stash. I think I'm getting ahead of myself...

Any recommendations of pumps welcome, going to buy a new one I think as my manual is from DD2 and she was 15 last week...

Ready...Sounds like you might have baby with you very soon!!

I had my midwife appointment today and she doesn't need to see me again now. She did say the consultant my try to induce me next week but if baby is happy and doing well then I definitely don't want an induction. I just want baby to come when my body is ready...fingers crossed that will be soon!

I mean I'm up 40 times a night...yeah, that, rofl! Seriously once ain't bad at all but I still stress over his weight. He's not gaining yet, but he's starting to slowly eat more (doing ok on 3 hours now) and is more alert and awake in the day today than he has been.

Siler is a great baby. He only fusses when hungry and luckily I hear (or feel in my arms at night). Only true crying is baths and diaper changes. Guess he likes being filthy, ha.

Now if we can get him sleeping in his own bed. We got 2 hours last night and then after hubs puts him back in before leaving for work, he stayed from 830-10! Just doesn't like it at night, go figure. Ah well...

Not too long now Yazzy!!

Excited to hear how things went for Ready.

And Chel, none of my babies have slept in their beds for the first few weeks. Most of the night she sleeps by me and then in the wee hrs of the morning she will do a few hrs in her bed. I sleep fine that way but we also have the crib sidecarred so we have a bit of extra room and she won’t fall off the bed!

Kitten how are things going for you? I can’t wait to hear about your homebirth!

I can't believe it's been more than a week since some of you had your babies! Time seems to be flying. It's so lovely to read about all of you feeding and spending time with babies, despite the lost sleep.

Ricschick - Congratulations! She's so beautiful :) I hope that you and LO are keeping well.

RnW - I hope baby arrives soon!

Chel - Sounds like pumping is working out really well for you. :) Hope your digestive system is settling down a bit.

Reiko - Hope your LO is okay, and it wasn't a bug.
I'd never heard of hte midwife cocktail until you mentioned it. I just looked it up. They don't offer it here.

Broken - KFC! I haven't eaten KFC in years and now want a big bucket of it. I hope you manage to get out and about soon. It's a shame about your local park.
I've told DH that he'll very likely have to run out and get me some sushi afterwards. I can't wait to chow down on that, camembert and parma ham (not necessarily together!) :haha:

Viera - Can I ask what pump you bought? Last time, I rented a Medela hospital-grade pump. This time, I've purchased an Avent electric because it was on sale at a really good price. Hoping it works out.

Rosie - I'm now officially joining you in the "overdue" club. Haha.

Yazzy, Strezy, Kitten, and everybody else who is waiting - hope our babies arrive soon :)

I'm trying to stay chill about it, but the text messages, phone calls and emails are driving me bonkers. I mean, asking every day whether anything is happening isn't going to make her arrive any sooner.

I have a sweep booked for Monday, which would be 40+6, and will then have a second one on the Thursday or Friday. They unfortunately don't do them over the weekend here, and they would want to induce me the following Monday. FXd!

Yazzy - I hear you on the wanting baby to come when they are ready argument with the medics.

Agcam, welcome to the longer cooking club!! DEFFO hear you on the queries about if the baby is here yet haha.

Dylan decided to finally join us last night at 10:50pm after my longest and hardest labor and delivery yet! She weighs an incredible 9lbs 1oz ( same as her mama did). She's been latching like a champ and is very alert for just joining us.
My calm, serene, water birth turned in to a jump out of the pool as her head was out but shoulder was stuck. We are both good and just in awe
Of this tiny miracle.

Attachments

• 5A70597A-9CCF-4919-9A8C-24602163A482.jpg
    5A70597A-9CCF-4919-9A8C-24602163A482.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 13
Congratulations Ready! Beautiful baby girl. Good to hear it all worked out well in the end!

Good day, ladies!

I am logging on to tell you that Nava Rose was born on 5/12 at 12:59 PM, an early Mother’s Day gift. Contractions started around 5ish in the morning, but I didn’t get my hopes up with all that prodromal stuff I’d been having. They continued, however, and got stronge, closer together. I ate a ton of watermelon and had some apple juice, took a long hot shower, and packed my bags, had my husband call our doula. She arrived and watched me about an hour. The contractions were getting even closer so we headed to the hospital. Ugh that was not fun as it’s a 30 minutes drive full of pot holes and my husband driving the speed limit. Of course we hit ALL the stop lights and then to top it off, he took a wrong turn. Finally got to the hospital and made it to triage where I was found to be 7 cm dilated and 90% effaced. I was PISSED that I wasn’t 8 or 9 cm dilated as the contractions were SUPER intense, far more so than I remembered with my daughter. I was being a jackass as the nurses were trying to help me and I was crying, saying I can’t get into the wheel chair to go to the birth center. I finally get into the wheel chair and I must’ve been a wild sight for all those I was wheeled passed! Got to our room in the birth center, in tears, again refusing to move. When they finally convince me to get into the bed for a cervical check, I was 10 cm dilated, 100% effaced and ready to go. My water broke at that moment and the next 29 minutes were the most intense moments of my life as I pushed Nava Rose out! I was screaming at the top of my lungs (quite the opposite of my initial intention to do hypnobirthing, but I’ve just decided I’m someone who HAS to vocalize). She came so fast, I didn’t get to take advantage of anything in the birth center (the deep tub or anything we brought to create a calm environment for the birth). Nava was born at exactly 41 weeks gestation and weighed in at 9 lbs 2.7 oz and 21.25 inches long, latching and nursing like a champ!

And that’s our birth story! I will now read the thread, but I suspect many congratulations are in order! Hope all of you are recovering well! And for those mamas still waiting, hang in there. It’s slmost time!

It’s so good to no longer be pregnant or in labor. Will try to figure out how to post a photo.

Congratulations Ready and Hope!! Both babies are beautiful. And such lovely names too!

And Chel, none of my babies have slept in their beds for the first few weeks. Most of the night she sleeps by me and then in the wee hrs of the morning she will do a few hrs in her bed. I sleep fine that way but we also have the crib sidecarred so we have a bit of extra room and she won’t fall off the bed!

Thanks. Co-sleeping was NOT in our plans, but I'm feeling comfy with it-for now. I usually cradle him in my arms and/or we use a pillow to help make a space where he's on his back near my arms with nowhere else to go. I sit up to sleep and am trying to just enjoy how peaceful he goes out there. Will keep trying bassinet and one day crib in his own nursery (no way he's going to be too old doing this, lol) but the 4th Trimester makes sense so we're just going with that for now as he grows and catches up to speed on the real world.

Dylan decided to finally join us last night at 10:50pm after my longest and hardest labor and delivery yet! She weighs an incredible 9lbs 1oz ( same as her mama did). She's been latching like a champ and is very alert for just joining us.
My calm, serene, water birth turned in to a jump out of the pool as her head was out but shoulder was stuck. We are both good and just in awe
Of this tiny miracle.

:flower::happydance::cloud9:
congrats

Good day, ladies!

I am logging on to tell you that Nava Rose was born on 5/12 at 12:59 PM, an early Mother’s Day gift. Contractions started around 5ish in the morning, but I didn’t get my hopes up with all that prodromal stuff I’d been having. They continued, however, and got stronge, closer together. I ate a ton of watermelon and had some apple juice, took a long hot shower, and packed my bags, had my husband call our doula. She arrived and watched me about an hour. The contractions were getting even closer so we headed to the hospital. Ugh that was not fun as it’s a 30 minutes drive full of pot holes and my husband driving the speed limit. Of course we hit ALL the stop lights and then to top it off, he took a wrong turn. Finally got to the hospital and made it to triage where I was found to be 7 cm dilated and 90% effaced. I was PISSED that I wasn’t 8 or 9 cm dilated as the contractions were SUPER intense, far more so than I remembered with my daughter. I was being a jackass as the nurses were trying to help me and I was crying, saying I can’t get into the wheel chair to go to the birth center. I finally get into the wheel chair and I must’ve been a wild sight for all those I was wheeled passed! Got to our room in the birth center, in tears, again refusing to move. When they finally convince me to get into the bed for a cervical check, I was 10 cm dilated, 100% effaced and ready to go. My water broke at that moment and the next 29 minutes were the most intense moments of my life as I pushed Nava Rose out! I was screaming at the top of my lungs (quite the opposite of my initial intention to do hypnobirthing, but I’ve just decided I’m someone who HAS to vocalize). She came so fast, I didn’t get to take advantage of anything in the birth center (the deep tub or anything we brought to create a calm environment for the birth). Nava was born at exactly 41 weeks gestation and weighed in at 9 lbs 2.7 oz and 21.25 inches long, latching and nursing like a champ!

And that’s our birth story! I will now read the thread, but I suspect many congratulations are in order! Hope all of you are recovering well! And for those mamas still waiting, hang in there. It’s slmost time!

It’s so good to no longer be pregnant or in labor. Will try to figure out how to post a photo.

I remember triage wanting me to get up during contractions to get in the wheelchair to go to the labor room, and I asked them why they couldn't just wheel that bed in there? LOL
Congrats! :flower:

Congrats Ready and hope!! Those are both quite the birth stories!

Hope I was definitely crying and being VERY loud during my 6 mins of pushing. Especially when they stop you from pushing and make you do the small panting pushes. Honestly that’s the worst pain in the world!! Apparently none of our neighbors heard though so that’s good haha. Too bad you didn’t get to take advantage of all the nice things the birth centre offers!! Transition in a wheelchair... yuck lol!!

Ready I can’t beliece it wasn’t an easy labour after all the prodromal you had!! Not fair!! But the third labour is the wildcard. Mine was definitely worse than my 2nd pain wise although not much longer. So glad your sweetie is here now though, congrats xx.

We’ve had a lot of babies born right at due date or a bit past... only 3 that we’re early I think!

Yay guys! More babies, huge congratulations. I seem to be contender for last poster standing so I went back and started listing all the births so far. Will also check the FB group and will do a little list to see where we are at the half way mark of the month! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->