May Marvels 2018

Congrats Ready and hope!! Those are both quite the birth stories!

Hope I was definitely crying and being VERY loud during my 6 mins of pushing. Especially when they stop you from pushing and make you do the small panting pushes. Honestly that’s the worst pain in the world!! Apparently none of our neighbors heard though so that’s good haha. Too bad you didn’t get to take advantage of all the nice things the birth centre offers!! Transition in a wheelchair... yuck lol!!

Ready I can’t beliece it wasn’t an easy labour after all the prodromal you had!! Not fair!! But the third labour is the wildcard. Mine was definitely worse than my 2nd pain wise although not much longer. So glad your sweetie is here now though, congrats xx.

We’ve had a lot of babies born right at due date or a bit past... only 3 that we’re early I think!

I was so positive it would be so quick and easy, I should have known just based on my pregnancy. There was a lip of the cervix that she couldn’t get through so the MW had to (4x) reach up during a contraction to push it back over her head. After that happened the pushing was intense (had planned to breathe her out). And then her shoulder got stuck so I jumped (no joke-you move fast when you have to lol) our of the pool for some more hand manipulation but then she was out. I’m just so happy she’s here and safe.

You ladies with your babies, are you still cramping much? I guess I forgot about the intense cramping after but how long does it last?

Hope I'm positive I screamed the hospital down when I was pushing. DH and my midwives assured me I didn't but I bloody felt like I was.

Omg Ready! That sounds so stressful. And hands up there during contractions! Nope!! So glad she's here safe and sound for you now.

I'm still having afterpains, they feel like very strong period cramps that last for a few mins. Not really regular or anything tho, maybe every few hours.

We took Ryan for his first trip out today, up to school to pick ODS up. It was a bit further than I wanted to walk but I managed. It did kick off my bleeding again tho, which had nicely slowed down.
More worrying was the big anxiety attack I had about leaving the house. I was fine once I was outside, but I really think thought I was going to have a full panic attack.
I've made an appointment with my gp to sort out some birth control and get back on my anti depressants before it all gets out of hand.

I do feel loads better for the walk tho. And tomorrow we're going to register Ryan. He'll be a real person ^_^

Congratulations Hope! Another beautiful baby!

Rosie...I'm still here waiting for baby, think I'm one of the last one's as my due date isn't until next week.

There seem to be about 4 regular posters yet to have their babies... I've been geekily compiling a spreadsheet based on the front page post, the fb group and some BnB detective work!

You ladies with your babies, are you still cramping much? I guess I forgot about the intense cramping after but how long does it last?

Mine lasted just under a week, and were worse after BF.
Now I have gas-like pain and diarrhea.
I also think my internal tears are healing more as the inside of my bajingo is itching.

I’m 11 days in and the afterpains are gone. I’m gonna day about a week they lasted but we’re only bad for about a day or two and then just noticeable, not too intense for the rest of the week.

I’ve noticed that I’ve been spending a lot of time on my phone, I guess because I’m sitting nursing a lot but it’s extending into my non nursing time so I’m going to only be checking in on the weekends now! But I’m definitely waiting on your babes for the few that are left on this thread xx

RnW and Hope - Congratulations! What beautiful babies the two of you have :)

Rosie - Thanks for doing that :)

Chel - This might be a stupid suggestion, but would probiotics help with the diarrhoea?

Someone mentioned that baby was unhappy at bath-time (Chel...was it you?). Our son used to be really unhappy with his baths to start with. We realised that he just didn't like being cold. We filled his tub just a little deeper, and I'd drape a washcloth over his chest to keep him warm. We also used to heat up the bathroom with a little fan heater. Once we started doing that, he absolutely loved them. He'd complain when we took him out :)

Is it worth starting a thread for us in another part of the forum? I know we're all going to be busy, but it would be good to keep in touch as a group.
Any suggestions on the best place to do this?

Chel - This might be a stupid suggestion, but would probiotics help with the diarrhoea?

Someone mentioned that baby was unhappy at bath-time (Chel...was it you?). Our son used to be really unhappy with his baths to start with. We realised that he just didn't like being cold. We filled his tub just a little deeper, and I'd drape a washcloth over his chest to keep him warm. We also used to heat up the bathroom with a little fan heater. Once we started doing that, he absolutely loved them. He'd complain when we took him out :)

I'm on probiotics! I was religious before the HG and just resumed them this week.
It's slacked off now. Just healing itchy tears.

Siler screams bloody murder at washing/soap/head but I had hubs make water a bit warmer and just having it poured over him doesn't elicit the demon within. It's Florida warm in our house.

Yazzy-don’t worry. I’m not due until next week either and I’m SURE you’ll be going before me, lol.

I was getting hopeful yesterday. I was having contractions at work all morning. They were irregular, but to the point where it was difficult to concentrate on my tasks. My appetite was gone and I just felt like crap in general. I bounced on the birthing ball at my desk in the afternoon and diffused Clary Sage last night. Today I feel completely normal..grrr. I’m tired of people asking me about the baby and anxiously anticipating the birth.

Yazzy-don’t worry. I’m not due until next week either and I’m SURE you’ll be going before me, lol.

I was getting hopeful yesterday. I was having contractions at work all morning. They were irregular, but to the point where it was difficult to concentrate on my tasks. My appetite was gone and I just felt like crap in general. I bounced on the birthing ball at my desk in the afternoon and diffused Clary Sage last night. Today I feel completely normal..grrr. I’m tired of people asking me about the baby and anxiously anticipating the birth.

Strezy - I'm in the same boat, since Saturday actually. Having irregular contractions, sometimes ~20 minutes apart for hours. They would stop for a few hours and then resume. I was sort of hopeful that things were starting, but I've barely had a handful yesterday and today. :dohh:

I'm really getting fed up of the emails, phone calls and text messages. My parents have even started messaging DH at work! I turned my phone off today because it kept waking me up when I was trying to nap. I couldn't take it and didn't want to be rude :)
I'm perfectly calm until people start messaging to ask what's going on.

Mrs...hopefully neither of us will be waiting too long until we meet our babies.

Agcam...not long for you I'm sure!

I've been at the hospital for monitoring this afternoon, thought I had lost a bit of fluid. Anyway trace on baby looks good and it was picking up tightenings, I guess very mild contractions. Getting loads of them when I'm resting but they are only a little uncomfortable, not painful. Hoping things are moving in the right direction!

Good luck Yazzy!
I hope you ladies don’t have much longer to wait. I completely empathize with all of it. I was ready to tell everyone off and had stopped responding to messages.

I hope we can all keep in touch post partum, you all have been amazing this past 9 months.

We are getting in to the swing of things with Dylan. Dd1 is absolutely smitten and wants to hold her and help. Ds is 14 so not overly concerned with her lol and dh is getting stuff done around the house so I can focus on baby. She is an eating machine and pooping like crazy. She does have a wicked scream on her though and goes straight to that instead of leading up to it. Not much sleep since Tuesday but that will come in time. Luckily dh is off until Tuesday so I have hands to help.
I hope you other mamas are doing well!?

Hi all

Apologies in advance for any errors in my calculations.

:comp: I have been through the first page list and the facebook group and think I have all your babas...please let me know if I need to change anything!

:baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

19th April - Wicky78 - :pink: Miriam Elizabeth :pink: 3lb 15oz/1.8kg (34+6)

25th April - VieraSky - :pink: Genevieve Lynn :pink: 9lb 11oz/4.4kg, 20.4 inches/51.8cm (38+4)

26th April - emzywemzy83 - :pink: Jessica Rose :pink: 7lb 6oz/3.3kg (37+3)

3rd May - Chibilena - :blue: Magnus :blue: 7lb 11 oz/3.5kg, 19.7 inches/50cm (39+2)

5th May - SadakoS - :blue: Logan Joseph :blue: 8lb 9oz/3.9kg (40+2)
5th May - Reiko_ctu - :pink: Summer Anne :pink: 7lb 6oz/3.3kg (39+6)

7th May - cheluzal - :blue: Siler Christopher :blue: 6lb 14oz/3.1kg, 19.5 inches/49.5cm (38+3)

8th May - BrokenfoREVer - :blue: Ryan James :blue: 7lb 13oz/3.5kg (39+1)

12th May - hope2bemother - :pink: Nava Rose :pink: 9lb 2.7oz/4.2kg, 21.25 inches/54cm (40+4)
12th May - ricschick - :pink: Bille Violet :pink: 8lb 7oz/3.8kg (38+6)

15th May - ReadynWaiting - :pink: Dylan :pink: 9lb 1oz/4.1kg (40+1)

So far, our keenest and dinkiest baba is Miriam Elizabeth, the latest is Nava Rose but there are three of us more overdue than this now and the champ on the scales as far as I can tell is Genevieve Lynn.

If you want me to add any weights or lengths to your babas, just holler. I am happy to convert into metric (think most of us use imperial but it is nice to have the option of both...if you are a massive geek like me... :cool:)

Of the regular posters there are 6 of us waiting I think...
KittenLifter (due date 10th May - currently 41+1)
Riveted Rosie (due date 11th May - currently 41)
Agcam (due date 13th May - currently 40+5)
Sasha92 (uses FB more) due 22nd May (39+3)
mrsstrezy due 22nd May (39+3)
yazzy due 23rd May (39+2)

Of the other ladies in the list, I can see three still post on site and still appear to be waiting for May babies:
Debi - due 2nd May
MrsHudson - due 26th May
Oliv - due 28th May

The other ladies in the list haven't posted recently so I don't know what's occurring but hope they are all well.

As I say, if I have copied or calculated anything wrong, give me a shout!

Wow Rosie! Go you with the big list.
I thought I put Ryan's birth weight it, but if you want to bob it in he was 7lbs 13oz. No idea what that is in metric. 3550g I think.

We had our first "bad" night last night. Ryan refused to settle for 2 hours and was a fusspot. Thankfully he did settle about midnight and actually slept until 4:30/5 today. But me and DH both slept through our alarms this morning and we look a little like zombies. Ahhh well. I'm sure there will be more nights like that.

Wow Rosie! Go you with the big list.
I thought I put Ryan's birth weight it, but if you want to bob it in he was 7lbs 13oz. No idea what that is in metric. 3550g I think.

We had our first "bad" night last night. Ryan refused to settle for 2 hours and was a fusspot. Thankfully he did settle about midnight and actually slept until 4:30/5 today. But me and DH both slept through our alarms this morning and we look a little like zombies. Ahhh well. I'm sure there will be more nights like that.

You may have done, I started to get thread blind and figured I could add/correct later so will sort when back at my laptop!

Boo to your unsettled night. I've been awake since 4:30 and got tired again at 7ish but had to soldier on to get DD3 up for school. #mombie

Yay thanks Rosie, I'll update the first post with your list! Do we want to stay here? Or move to the parenting groups bit?

Congratulations to everyone who has had their babies! And hope it won't be long for those still waiting too.

As for us, Jessica is doing well at 3 weeks old. Still has day and night mixed up and is awake more at night than in the day, hopefully she'll get it the right way around soon! When she was 2 weeks old our landlord came over and said "ooh what a beautiful baby congratulations!" closely followed by "the owner wants to move back in, you have 2 months to leave" we were absolutely gutted, the last thing we need with a newborn baby. But we found a new house within 2 days and we get the keys today! It needs A LOT of decorating (it's horrendous at the moment) and we have a month to decorate before we move in... not exactly what we need with two older kids and a newborn baby, but at least we have somewhere to live!

Omg emzy! How stressful and what awful timing. I'm glad you found somewhere else quickly though.

Ryan got weighed again today. He's put on another 8oz in FIVE days :O
He's totalling 11ozs from his birth weight now. At 10 days old. My lord!

Nice list!

Me wee mite spoiled me for a week and a half then decided to be a "real" boy last night and need food very quickly after a feeding, right before bedtime. But he's a GREAT night sleeper (just in our bed, arg) and once chilled will sleep in well past 10!

I'm still up just once a night with him and Daddy gets him around 630 am for feeding and brings him back in bed to me, where I get precious sleep until we both rouse between 10 and 11am.

I'm pumping more milk (almost doubled now!) but I need to get an extra morning pump when hubs is feeding him...but the sleep is so nice!

Oh Emzy how stressful! Eek.

Wowser, Ryan is romping along!

Chel, sounds like you're getting on grand! Huzzah!

Rosie, awesome list!

Cheluzal-sounds like you have a dream baby!

So we decided to schedule my induction for Wednesday. We were going to wait a little longer than that, but my doctor is of course on vacation for the whole Memorial Day weekend! Grr. However, I’m 3.5 cm dilated and my body is ready, so we’re going to just try breaking my water first and see if that gets labor going. If not, then I’ll have to get Pitocin. It’s not ideal, but my husband is self employed, this is his busiest time of year, and we wanted to have the whole Memorial Day weekend together as a new fam of four. I’m nervous, but gotta get this birth thing done sometime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->