May Marvels 2018

Broken - that's awesome you got another super dark line on an ic.

I'm feeling so nervous that I might just cave and go for one more blood test at lunch time. I really shouldn't as my finances are pretty terrible right now and I really can't afford it, but this total lack of symptoms is doing my head in. With both my first two pregnancies one positive pregnancy test was all I needed. I did one lot of bloods just to be sure, but was happy with the numbers and that was that. This time round I am totally paranoid. I just wish I could go back to pregnancy innocence where I believe a positive test ended in a positive outcome. It is reassuring though knowing that lot's of you also have no symptoms this week.

I'm exactly the same Huggles. I never ever worried when I was pregnant with DS. Now I can't stop. Boobs aren't as sore this morning and now I'm convinced I'm losing baby. I wish I could go and get bloods done. It's driving me crazy.

Broken I'm so glad your tests are dark! Will they scan you at 6weeks?

Sasha do you have any pics of your tests? X

Huggles I'm sure bubba is tucked up tight maybe take a test instead they might make you feel better?

The only symptom I have today is tender boobs and they are starting to change too! As my dh says they will be like rolos soon 😂😂

Well I won't be able to get more bloods done today. Spending my lunch break fighting with my bank instead as it turns out I have SIX transactions that have both already been processed yet still show as pending, meaning I have 6 transactions worth of money unavailable because it's moved to that part where they keep it before it's processed (even though it has already been processed). :grr:

Huggles I'm sure bubba is tucked up tight maybe take a test instead they might make you feel better?

Unfortunately a test is unlikely to make me feel confident enough because I know my bloods were over 600 on monday, so even if the hcg has stopped rising or has dropped it won't have dropped enough yet to show up on an hpt. I had a very early mc (maybe chemical?) around 4.5 weeks in May and it took a solid month for the tests to turn negative again. And at least 2 weeks before they went significantly lighter...

will just have to "vasbyt" as they say in Afrikaans (loose translation is 'hold on') and hope for the best.
cm seems to have increased because I keep rushing to the loo to check if I'm bleeding as I feel more wet down there. It's not loads by any means but I am on chronic antihistamines so that could also be affecting it. Nipples are still sore as well so that's good.

Sasha: hang in there until Monday! I will wait with you.

Broken: my boobs aren't as sore either. They've never been as sore as they were during the week after ovulation and right before my bfp. Some mornings worse; others not.

Anyone else have sharp ovary pain? I mean, it made me nauseous last night and was a very hard stabbing, worse than when I ovulated! It was only my right one and it eased eventually and this morning is fine, but it scared me.
I read it could be a cyst (I do have a history of right ovary cysts) that will slowly reabsorb. But eek. Me no likey.

So so sorry Rach:(:(

You other ladies aren't alone with your worrying. I took a test yesterday afternoon(15 DPO) and it seemed a little lighter than my 12 DPO test!! Same pack of tests. Then I realized I had drank quite a bit of fluids before taking it. I still convinced myself I was miscarrying though, especially since I felt great yesterday. Took another test with FMU this morning and it was darker, and as dark as the control. I feel a little better but still worried.

chel I had that a few days back before my scan and was concerned about it but all was fine and I think it was just from the side I ovulated from.

huggles what a nightmare!! hope the funds are available soon!!

I've got my fingers firmly crossed for you Huggles. I hope everything is okay.

I've got like a deep ache in my uterus area. Like I do with af. It's not cramps. It's a constant ache. I'm massively starting to freak out now. Coupled with the boobs not being as sore. I'm scared to go to the loo incase I'm bleeding :cry:

That's my test... very very faint positive and it hasn't got any darker since Monday. I didn't test today and I don't intend to test again untill Monday.

However today my boobs are on fire. I'm in no doubt that I am indeed pregnant but just hoping it lasts. Just wanna hit 6 weeks so I can go and get a dating scan at 7 or 8 weeks and check on bean xx

Sash have you tried a different test? I find the ics take forever to darken. I used them with dd and was freakin myself out but I took a frer and it had a nice dark line.
Huggles-that would piss me off. There is nothing worse than not having access to your own money!!
As for the ladies concerned about your symptoms for the most part early on (week 3/4) the symptoms are due to the increase in progesterone. They will taper off as body gets used to that hormone and then symptoms will 'reappear' between 7-9 weeks as hcg peaks. With ds I had tender boobs the first week and then they all but went away, even the fullness seemed to. But by week 8 I was vomiting, boobs hurt and I felt like complete shit! I'm going to enjoy this time of 'nothingness' because I know the horrible, nauseating, garbage, hangover feeling is right around the corner! Haha

Isn't pregnancy supposed to be enjoyable, for the most part? At least the excitement, rofl!!

Who knew (especially us first-timers) that we'd worry over every stupid little twinge and feeling? ARG--it is not fun!

Thanks for those who have gone through it letting us know it's normal.
I feel better re: ovary but just have some twingy pulling over pubic bone, nothing to worry me about. That-I get. lol

Thank you ReadynWaiting. That's reassuring. I only have to get to Tuesday and then it's my scan. Trying to remain positive. Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise.

Broken-only 5 days! It seems like a lifetime but once you have that reassurance a load is dropped. I have 10 days to wait and wonder. Lol

ReadynWaiting no I haven't tried another test lol might go and buy a different brand a test tomorrow just for fun!

I'm seeing doc Tuesday, also. Not sure if getting scanned though...first visit. Not sure what to expect really.

I'm just trying really hard not to get "attached" I know that sounds callous but I've had 3 early scans and all 3 have ended in disappointment. Of course I'm hoping baby is all nestled in and fine, but if get all confident and sure now, I'll be crushed if that's isn't the case.

It's only 5 days and I have quite a busy weekend coming up so won't have time to dwell too much I hope.

I was going to say the same thing Sasha and try another test!! First response I would suggest. Xx

May 19 for me :) Subject to change once I go for my appointment in 3 weeks.

Feeling like a boatload of garbage the past couple days! (I got a cold, much milder than they usually are for me, but I also don't usually get sick! Early pregnancy and a cold is a crummy combination.) I'm blaming the wonderful baby I hung out with last weekend; she's at the "mouth everything" stage. And it's easy to forgive a baby.

cheluzal, you are so right; it is so nice to have more experienced hands at this! I can finally sort of wrap a towel around myself after a shower without shrieking about my breasts, but it's "nice" to know this is the calm before the (likely) storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->