May Marvels 2018

Chi good luck for your scan! I love when others hand scans it's so exciting !! 2 more sleeps til mine!!

Epp glad the bleeding has slowed! Will they scan you in 2 days? So annoying that they didn't as waiting is so hard! I hope and pray all is ok!!

I'm not sure on what route il take this time I've had both natural and epi, had epidural when having pitocen too as the contractions are hell on earth!! I'd like a natural birth this time but I am considering the epi because I have very bad after pain which I still need gas n air for and it stops me enjoying the Babe straight away and dh has to dress baby etc so that's the only reason really I'd have one.

Amazing my 3 year old woke at 6.30 both Saturday and Sunday but this morning 7.20!! Typical lol.

I’m hoping so! Doctors around here aren’t that great. Idk why they wouldn’t considering the bleeding to make sure everything is okay or not.

Bleeding seems to be on and off now, and it seems to be largely due to my constipation. After a rough bm had some bleeding but it stopped afterwards. Laid down and been resting, went to the bathroom about twenty minutes ago, and seen three little pieces of blood I call it pieces cause it didn’t look like a clot but didn’t fill the toilet either. Just feeling like it’s all over. 😭

I've got my fingers firmly crossed that all is okay epp!

Re: drugs vs natural. I had my son on 4 paracetamol (2 at 6am, 2 at 10am, he was born at 4:50pm) and about 40 mins of gas and air after they let me push for over an hour before realising I was still 9cm so put me on... some induction meds (no idea what. I was so done) because DS was getting a tad distressed and they wanted him out. They advised me I WOULD need the gas and air for the induction pains. But I gave up on it after about 40 mins and pushed without it.

I would prefer to do it naturally this time around, but I'm not against taking all the drugs either. Like a PP said, I found it very empowering what my body could do when I left it to crack on. But you don't get any medals at the end do you and if i needed all the drugs I'd take them.

I'd quite like a water birth this time around tho. It wasn't an option last time for me.

Everything is fine. :) One healthy baby (yes, one! Haha, not two) with a strong heartbeat of 164. Measured 7w4d so only two days difference which the doctor said is totally fine. We kept my original due date of May 8th. I am very excited. :)))) Nearly told the doctor "There's our girl", when she showed us the sac and baby with beating heart on screen. I am very sure this baby is a girl, as I strongly suspected with my son he was a boy. Let's see what baby will reveal later on. ;) We will have our first big screening with blood and urine tests in four weeks' time.

So so sorry to hear you are still bleeding epp. I have all my fingers crossed for you!

Ahh great news chi!!! That's lovely!!!

Happy 7weeks broken xx

That's great news Chi! I love hearing about everyone's positive scans. It fills me with hope!

Just 8 days until mine. See what this little one is up too.

How exciting Chibi!!

Fingers crossed for you epp!!

Yay chi brill news!

Birth wise I'm just going to see what happens. DD1s labour was long (24 hours) and horrible and I had diamorphine (was awful wouldn't have again) and a failed epidural (didn't work!). I then pushed for two hours and needed to be stitched in theatre for a borderline 3rd degree tear. Meant I had a spinal block and was away from her for the first two hours of her life which sucked!

DD2 completely the opposite! Labour was 1 hour 46 mins and drug free, not even g&a. She flew out! Was really painful and intense as so quick but I'd take that again any day over My first labour! Felt really empowered and in control in comparison. Was up and about 10 minutes after having her, was amazing.

So will see what happens with this one!

I felt so sick this morning! The worst I've felt! I didn't take my prenatals last night and I really do think that's why I felt so rough! They have b6 and ginger in so I definitely won't forget again!!

Chi great news on the scan!
Ricschick sorry you are feeling awful!
I have my can in 4.5 hours. I'm not feeling nervous, not feeling excited either. I think I'm in self preservation mode right now. I feel sick and boobs hurt so that reassures me a bit. I'm ready for a positive outcome. The past 4 years has been hard.

Best of luck RnW!

Ricschick what prenatals are you taking. I could use some with ginger in them tbh. I'm just taking pregnacare and 5mg folic acid.

Last time I gave birth naturally and it was a good experience, but still scary to think about those contractions again. Debating whether or not to just go the easy route and do an epidural this time around. Anyone else planning on a natural birth?

I would like to say I would do natural but I am the biggest baby!
My and my brother's labor was less than an hour each (start contractions to birth) and my mom barely had time for gas. I'd like that to be hereditary but she never got m/s and we see that has found me.

I'll try but probably whine for the drugs, lol.
I am more passionate about trying to lean against the bed and let gravity do more. On back fighting gravity baffles me and really goes against nature, imo.

After going to the ER Friday for fluids and a good Saturday, yesterday was rough! :/
I woke at 2:30am with severe ball of nausea pain and hubs found me on the couch at 7am with little piece of bread still clutched in hand.
I simply could not get things normal.

I decided to stop all Diclegis and Reglan--I really don't think they are working. I set my alarm and ate something every 2 hours, even through the night. It helped!

I'm better today and having more hunger pangs mixed with a nausea ball (annoying). Still can't stand upright and I'm really weak and unable to push through nausea pain. Mouth watering and I've asked hubs to bring me burger and fries when his class ends. So sick of pretzels, apples, grapes, and celery!

Emotionally, I'm not loving this kid yet, lol. I'm praying the m/s ends sooner than normal and I can feel normal again and really start enjoying this pregnancy, as it will be my first and last!

Still calling in to work until I can stand and teach 6 classes of middle schoolers properly. Ultrasound on Thursday.

Cheluzal, so sorry the sickness is still hitting you so hard. I'm glad frequent eating seems to help. I really hope it eases up a bit for you soon.

RnW - good luck for your scan!

AFM, we had 2 friends over today for the afternoon (well, 3 friends but 2 families) and the 2 ladies and I were chatting about births (the one's sil is about to give birth) and discussing our different experiences (we all have vastly different stories), and then they got onto how they can't imagine having kids at a slightly older age, like now (we're all around 36, I'm about to turn 37), and DH and I were just staying silent and just like "ya, it is much harder when you're older" and they were just going on and on about how they so wouldn't have the patience to start from baby again now.
I have no idea what their reactions will be when we reveal! Not sure if we'll do it next week after our scan (will be telling our families then), or if we'll wait until 10 or even 12 weeks rather. But ya, I think there'll be a fair amount of shock all around.

Broken I'm taking seven seas prenatals they have 10mg of ginger in each tablet so I think they work well, I take those and 5mg of folic acid before bed.

Oh chel that sounds a nightmare but good thinking about eating often!! I hope it eases for you!!!

Huggles I think there all in self denial lol they world love another baby but put the idea down because they can't. (Maybe lol). Don't worry what they think anyway. Xx

I canNOT keep up with y'all, but I love the energy and support of this group!

Diclegis is over $200 WITH insurance. No generic in America yet....freaking crazy.

Holy moly. Maybe the 1/3 prescription I got really WAS $40. There was a note written on it that it should be for "total prescription," but man. If the other 2/3 is another $80, forget it.

Anyone bought any maternity clothes yet? Me and dh are going shopping next week, I already have maternity legggings but need tops and a maternity bra!!

Spent last week in Berlin for work and while I usually hate shopping, I decided to take myself out for a couple hours of not pretending I wasn't pregnant! Found a really lovely shop and got a couple new bras, a shirt, and a dress (they look like "normal" clothes and I love them). My husband and I are very entertained by nursing clips in the first trimester; I'll tell you that much.

Last time I gave birth naturally and it was a good experience, but still scary to think about those contractions again. Debating whether or not to just go the easy route and do an epidural this time around. Anyone else planning on a natural birth?

Planning on an unmedicated home birth! I mean, I know what they say about plans, but I might as well set some intentions. I've had friends who've done home births, hospital births, home births with a hospital transfer, epidurals, unmedicated...all I've really learned is that there's no One Right Way to do it as long as everyone comes out okay on the other side.

My mom had an unmedicated birth with me (long and miserable!), then planned to take whatever drugs they'd give her with my brother, but he was so fast there was no time!

Got my first "real" appointment this Friday; I think they'll do a scan then? I'm not actually certain anymore! That's with my usual NP; we're planning on working with midwives for most of this pregnancy (we're fortunate to be in an area where there are lots of very good ones), but it's nice to be at my usual doc to start. We met with a couple midwifery practices late last year/early this year, and found one practice we really liked. Husband wants to do more research (they're not super close to home), but I kinda just want to call it good.

So nice to be home after a week in Germany! Sea bands & Saltines kept me in a not-too-nauseated state, and regular meals with teammates seemed to help, too (very few choices to make, and lots of helpfully unfamiliar food!). Was overjoyed to realize I've got a team who won't pressure or pry about coffee or alcohol; didn't have to tell any of the white lies I'd expected. Whew!

Kitten glad you had a good work trip!! I might try those sea bands!!

Huggles I think there all in self denial lol they world love another baby but put the idea down because they can't. (Maybe lol). Don't worry what they think anyway. Xx

They both already have 2 kids and so are happy with their families and done with having more kids (it's really hard to finance more than 2 kids here. 3 is generally the max and that more often than not is because the third was an oopsie). So I think it's more just that they're done and totally not even thinking about expanding their families.

For me it certainly was denial and coping methods the past 2 years or so as I'd more or less come to terms with the fact I couldn't have more kids (2.5 years of trying with absolutely nothing to show for it). But as far as they go I just think they're all in a totally different phase of life.

Kittenlifter - good luck with your scan on Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->