May Marvels 2018

Welcome cinnamum! Baby no6 for me too. Xx you can change your tickers by clicking on desktop view at the bottom of the page. Xx

Cheluzal your amazing for looking after your poor brother xxx

People always said how great we were for taking care of my brother, and I always responded, "He was a great brother." I miss that kid so...

OK, no more maternity leave talk-ha-I'm super jealous! We suck.

Feeling better, nausea-wise. I didn't take another pill yesterday afternoon and was livable. Hoping prayers are working and it can ease up. Getting antsy and bored at home and need to return to work.

I have no major tiredness like many of you. I wish!! I will take every other symptom if the nausea can go away! Getting hard coming up with excuses for people...
EDIT: Great. Just saw my updated ticker...lol.

I’m a registered nurse in wisconsin, USA. I get six weeks of 60% pay, then another six weeks that I can either take unpaid or use the paid vacation time that I’ve accrued. I’ll be taking the full 12 wks. Crazy to hear what everyone outside of America gets for maternity leave, and very depressing, lol. What a dream to be able to spend the first full year with my baby, not having to stop and pump my boobs every 3 hrs at work��. US doesn’t really seem to place priority on families. Just on money.

Maybe they pay lots more taxes...lol...little consolation right now!

Ladies, I am full of regret right now--I'm in a ball trying not to vomit.
Half a Phenergan at bedtime really really helps and it lasts and I wake much better, so I figured the other half in morning would really help...I was wrong...oh, so wrong.

I guess a full pill is just too much for my system. It does appear to stay in me awhile...really want it out.

Today is my husband's and my anniversary and we both forgot!

I've got to stop eating 😱 Or I'm going to be the size of a house!!!!

Mrsstrezy we are both 6w5d! Is your EED 22nd May aswell!

Yeah our 12 months isn't full pay but we are lucky that we have the option to take it if we want to. I plan to take 9 months (dont think i could afford 3 months with 0 pay) and go back to work part time 3 days a week.

There's a company in the UK (jaguar LandRover) which give 12months full pay. Yes your heard me correctly there female employees get a full year of full pay and they pay really well! If I worked there I'd spend a good 10 years pregnant :haha:

Maybe they pay lots more taxes...lol...little consolation right now!

Ladies, I am full of regret right now--I'm in a ball trying not to vomit.
Half a Phenergan at bedtime really really helps and it lasts and I wake much better, so I figured the other half in morning would really help...I was wrong...oh, so wrong.

I guess a full pill is just too much for my system. It does appear to stay in me awhile...really want it out.

Today is my husband's and my anniversary and we both forgot!

I am so so sorry about your sickness. It truly makes you feel like you’re not in control of your body...I was feeling panicky last night that I may not feel good again until May. Do you ever just let yourself vomit? I tend to feel better for awhile afterwards, even tho it’s unpleasant.

Mrsstrezy we are both 6w5d! Is your EED 22nd May aswell!

Yeah our 12 months isn't full pay but we are lucky that we have the option to take it if we want to. I plan to take 9 months (dont think i could afford 3 months with 0 pay) and go back to work part time 3 days a week.

There's a company in the UK (jaguar LandRover) which give 12months full pay. Yes your heard me correctly there female employees get a full year of full pay and they pay really well! If I worked there I'd spend a good 10 years pregnant :haha:

Yes I think we’re due date buddies!! How nice:)

I would still love to even have nine months, six months, four months...anything thats better than my 12 wks leave, lol. And maybe...just maybe I’d have more kids if it meant all that time off work, lol!!

I am so so sorry about your sickness. It truly makes you feel like you’re not in control of your body...I was feeling panicky last night that I may not feel good again until May. Do you ever just let yourself vomit? I tend to feel better for awhile afterwards, even tho it’s unpleasant.

I can't vomit! My body doesn't do it. I can count on my hands my vomiting in 40 years...I've tried sticking a finger down--nothing.

I wish for it sometimes but it just sits there.
It's slowly resolving with tangerines and water and time...think it's pills this time. Scared to take the half one tonight...I think it stays in me a long time so I'll stick to 1/day only.

I'm SO sick of this! I'm praying since it came quicker, that it'll end quicker than 12 weeks...LOL. A girl can dream. I'm getting depressed being in bed/home all day.

Me too Ricschick I can't stop eating! I have to graze all day it keeps feeling sick at bay.

Sorry you are so sick cheluzal hopefully you are right and it does end sooner than 12 weeks.

Is anybody doing anything to pass the time?
I have just started making my DS an advent calendar keeps my mind occupied in the evenings.

Chel I'm sorry you're so sick. I hope it passes early for you.

Ricschick I'm the same. The nausea isnt as bad if I'm full, but I don't want to eat anything. So I'm just grazing chocolate, crisps, sweets. Yknow garbage.

Grey I'm currently making my son a pikachu hat, with a scarf for his birthday. It's nice and distracting.

I'm 8 weeks today :happydance: in my previous pregs I'd either started bleeding & miscarried by now or was feeling 'not pregnant anymore' waiting for bleeding to start.
I still feel 100% preg (read 100% gross!!) I have a really good feeling I'm gunna see a heartbeat tomorrow. Fingers so so so crossed.

ETA tomorrows scan will be 1 day before the 5th and 3rd yr anniversaries of my 1st and 3rd loss. Maybe October is going to have some happy news for me this time.

8 weeks today for me too! :yipee:
First scan for me on Wednesday - just 2 more days!
Holding thumbs for you Broken! Let's hope October is full of happiness.

I've been reading and following just haven't been posting much. Just soooo exhausted I feel like I don't have the brain power to write anything at the moment.

Threw up the one glass if orange juice I had before breakfast this morning...but only an hour after I drank it? I don't understand my pregnant stomach.

Happy 8weeks girls!!! Good luck for your scans!!

Cheluzal maybe it's because you took it in the morning? You no how sometimes pills can make you feel sick anyway that's why I take my prenatals at night because they make me feel queasy maybe a whole tablet at night would work better! I hope you feel better it must be so awful xxx

Got my appointments through today!! Midwife appointment on Friday (my birthday) and 12 week scan 9th Nov!

Happy 8 weeks ladies! I'm right there with you.
I too am having to eat often or feel totally gross. I can handle it though if this is as bad as MS is going to be for me. Sneezing is making me gag though which takes massive control not to vomit. Yesterday I woke up feeling fine so of course I panicked. As the day progressed I felt more and more hungover.
I'm going to trust in the process try to stay positive.
Good luck ladies on the upcoming scans. Can't wait to hear the good news!

Happy 8 weeks to everybody who is 8 weeks!

I have to speak to my GP today about getting an eairly scan and sorting out my 12 week scan dates. They rang me eairler but I'm at work so I'm waiting untill lunch time to listen to my voice mail! Can't wait hoping to get a scan between 8 and 9 weeks but I can see them trying to get me in sooner. If I have one at 7weeks I won't last untill 12 I'll have to get a private one lol.

I saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks last time and the little one passed after that so I defo want some reassurance past the 8 week Mark!

Congrats on 8 weeks to you ladies!!! :)

Yesterday was my worse day so far with MS 😷 Goodness, everytime I smelled something after eating, I came so close to being sick. My poor husband said, "I can already tell this pregnancy is going to be hard on me, cause I can't stand to see you feel bad". At least he's sympathetic, but it made me feel bad seeing how worried he was even though I assured him I was alright. Lol

Well I managed to hear baby's heart on my Doppler today! It is such a lovely sound.
U/S tech didn't let us hear it at our scan so I felt like I missed out a bit.

Cheluzal maybe it's because you took it in the morning? You no how sometimes pills can make you feel sick anyway that's why I take my prenatals at night because they make me feel queasy maybe a whole tablet at night would work better! I hope you feel better it must be so awful xxx

I think it was taking it early. I was terrified to take it last night and waited until 2am. I did not sleep well at all but after sleep, and food (takes an hour to finish 1 biscuit), it's more of a hard knot right now.
I'm going to try and lay in the lounge chair the hubs set up under the tree's shade by the pond.

Work won't let me take 10 days off in a row, so I either take a leave or try to go in Thursday, then start another 10 days on Friday, lol. I might try to go in since it will be much easier than talking to HR.

The only thing is I don't think I can hide morning sickness from astute gifted middle schoolers! I will stay seated all bloody day though! I'm off 1st so can go in by 10am, not 9am...maybe that will help.

That's so awesome RnW!

Good luck with work cheluzal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"