May Marvels 2018

Yay foreign chick! So happy for you.

Mom - sorry you're struggling so much. I think Ricschick's idea of having someone come to stay with you, or you going to stay with someone towards the end of a pregnancy is a good one.

AFM - spent the night at my mom's house last night with my son (it's school holidays and she's watching him during the days for me but it gets too long for him doing a full day, full night and full day away from me so I slept there with him). Had sort of wanted to tell her, but am still so nervous having not had a scan yet. First scan is tomorrow. I specially got up to go and chat with her after ds was asleep (normally I go straight to sleep myself), but after 2 hours of chatting we both went to bed and there just hadn't been the right moment to slip in the news so she still doesn't know :dohh:
Will have to tell her thursday morning when I drop ds again (I don't work wednesdays so he's home with me tomorrow and coming to the scan with me) as he's sure to tell her the news after being at the scan. Was thinking of putting a scan pic inside a card with a note. Hoping it works ok. A bit nervous for the scan tomorrow but just trying to stay calm and hope for the best. Monday's always throw me into doubt becuase my symptoms basically all disappear! Then they gradually return during the course of the week again and put my mind at ease again.

I think scan in a card is nice!! I'm sure all will be great tomorrow what time is it?

Oh gosh I'm sooooo sleepy and tired today I might need to nap once I've dropped joanie to nursery 😴😴😴

Back from my scan ladies.

One little baby with a lovely HEARTBEAT!!!

Me and DH are still both a in shock a little. I cried my eyes out, he held it together better.

Measuring 7+4, don't know how fast heartbeat was, they don't tell us.

I'm so relieved. We finally did it.

Attachments

• IMG_1613.jpg
    IMG_1613.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
NOW as to Ramzi: I've had an extensive talk with my tech, and basically there is no way to know on which side the yolk sack is located unless you ask directly. Assuming the location by looking at the image directly is 50/50. Perhaps that's why the Ramzi theory seems not as accurate?
So Chel <<<< your chances are as good as before. Of course I asked and it seems that my baby is currently residing on my lower right, which according to Ramzi indicates a Boy.... So curious to see if it's true, but I'm definitely NOT holding my breath heheheh.

LOL, fair enough--and I hope that's true for me and I get my boy. :)

Hello ladies,
I'm feeling a bit better. Half a Phenergan at night and breakfast as soon as I wake up helps. If I go too long without food or don't eat enough (like yesterday), my stomach definitely lets me know.

My sub cancelled who has been here for a week, grrrr....jerk. lol

I forgot I have an OB appointment Thursday so I can only work half the day and other teachers will have to cove my morning classes. Ah well...

Been praying (not cliche--truly hands in air pleading with my Jesus) for nausea to abate so I can resume life. I'm speaking my placenta to move it quicker, rofl. I implanted early....hoping everything is an overachiever.

So awesome Broken! So happy for you!

My scan tomorrow has been moved half an hour earlier. Can't wait. Just 23 more hours to go...

I must look like death warmed uo becuase 3 work collueges (one being my manager) have asked me on 3 diffrent occations why im so sick and am i pregnant:haha: I knew that flu bug story wouldn't last long!

Feel so shit all the time and tired I'm hating this so far. Can't wait for this to pass so I can carry on as normal. I haven't been able to do my job correctly and eventually it's going to catch up with me. I don't remember feeling this bad last time. I'm praying the&#341;e 2 in there! Still waiting to hear from my midwife for a dating scan xx

Hey lovely ladies :) Are there any vegan/veggie mommys in this group? Been searching prenatals for the past week on/off, yet to find any that are 100%.. Garden of Life seemed good but they use Palm oil..

oooo and the Hubby is currently cooking eggs in the kitchen, Ladies they smell oh so edible, meh.. We're on a heatwave over here.. temps @30'c ish, only way to keep the house cool (ish) is to keep the windows closed. Eggy smell is yet to dissipate before this craving does

I'm confused as to why palm oil is bad but eggs are ok when asking about vegan? Isn't palm oil plant based and eggs are certainly not vegan to the best of my knowledge. Or am I being thick? Sorry, just not really understanding so well.

was more so the environmental factors that were deterring, if you get chance google Palm oil and the effects of, may be able to answer your question more concisely than me.. to keep it brief, Palm Oil= Deforestation, the burning down of rainforests, entire habitats in order to plant Palm Oil plantations. Its in so much these days though, was suprised to find it in some prenatals.. hope this message does not read as though I'm preaching.. we all have our own belief systems, choices, experiences and perceptions.

and the eggs, oh man... yeah mentioned them cause still get cravings like everybody else, have since went veggie as is a lot less pressure.. First trimester has been many non vegan cravings and food choices and 'restrictions' were becoming very stressful. Since this decision has been so much more relaxed. Got to the point of dreaming about cake, literally mouth watering when walking past a bakery and feeling so sick at the thought of any type of salad item. Ignored the cravings till I was craving next to no food at all. Appetite has now returned, enjoying this Divine journey :) xxx

Hey to everyone scrolling through the forum today :) May we have a productive peaceful and prosperous day <3 :happydance:

eppgirl, so sorry for your loss. <3

oliv, welcome! You're due on my birthday! (I think some other folks are due on my husband's birthday (1 May); it looks like we're going to be an all-May family for now!)

Hey lovely ladies :) Are there any vegan/veggie mommys in this group? Been searching prenatals for the past week on/off, yet to find any that are 100%.. Garden of Life seemed good but they use Palm oil..

:wave: me! I'm vegan! I've been taking the Rainbow Life one-a-day prenatals (for like 5+ dang years at this point, ha). They've been great and easy (as long as they don't get stuck in my throat lately...then the gagging starts), and they've got ginger as well as a few other nice additions.

Deva has one as well. Not sure how easy either of them are to find up in Canada, but they do exist!

I'm baffled by putting palm oil IN a vitamin!

Heyyyyy :wave: :wohoo: Thankyou so much for the links (had to remove them to post quote though as still a new member) gonna have to check them out again, oooo that ginger will come in handy for the nausea for sure! :happydance:

Yeah thats the thing, just moved to CA so getting used to all the little things, like baked beans with maple syrup as a default sauce, the fact that drivers can make a right turn when the lights are on red (legit spent a good month thinking they were just ignoring the lights :dohh: :laugh2: )

And yh I thought so too, read somewhere online that it is present in the vitamins as a byproduct of oiling the machines so that they can produce the at a high capacity. Wish they used coconut oil, I'd be running to the store lol

Hi All!

I’ve missed so much! Yay for all the scans and the miracle!

Sorry to all having a hard time.

I’m soooo tired. I am literally coming home from work and going to bed every night for an hour because I have busy evenings!

I’m hoping my booking appointment comes soon so I can tell my boss when I see her on Tuesday!

This is like having a massive hangover haha

Agcam-that is wonderful news!! Hopefully moving forward things will continue to progress nicely with no further scares!!

mom and ttc-I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling. I couldn't imagine having zero support with multiple children; especially considering you have HG too. Just take things one day at a time. Are there any mommy groups in your area that you could get familiar with to at least build a sort of friend base in your area? That way if you were in a pinch or some kind of bind, maybe someone would be willing to come over and help you out? I'm not sure if financially this is a possibility, but what about hiring some help for around the house? Cleaning, or babysitting help so you can get a break once and awhile? You could check out care.com? Don't know if you would be comfortable with that or not. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Good lord I didn't check in for a day and I'm miles behind now. Heck! Happy weekend ladies. I hope everyone gets some time to relax a bit.

I'm going to look at my house and be too exhausted to get up and clean it. Then he mad about it. Yknow fun stuff.

hahaha wow, worded perfectly, watching the housework.. hubby participates then I'm wanting to join in/ so tired at the same time. Is this a first trimester thing?

and same currently catching up from sept 30th, gonna have to be extra vigilant on the daily checks!

Sashai so sorry to hear this, may you have support and healing necessary at this time, :hugs: hope to see you back and posting when ready 3<3<3

Peace and love to all the new mommy may members :)
So many scans and dates are being announced, happy days xx

Hope everybody's tuesday is going fab xxx

I forgot to check in for myself!! I've been feeling less nausea the past couple days...although its still definitely there and I need to eat frequently. Not sure if it's because I've been going to bed early or because the preg hormone is balancing out. Makes me scared for the next week...wonder if I'm going to get worse.

Got my preliminary blood test results back, and it was discovered I have hypothyroidism. My OB called me and said I need to start taking medication, so I guess I'll start that tomorrow! It makes sense actually. Before I got pregnant, I had been feeling guilty because I just felt so lazy all the time and was finding it hard to get off the couch and play with my son. I felt more irritable and my shoulders felt stiff, and I always felt like I never had enough energy. Having the thyroid issue makes a lot of sense as to why I was feeling low. I just assumed it was depression. Hopefully the medication will give me more energy and help with my mood.

Some good news from me....

The "miscarriage" was actually a massive bleed.

I'm still pregnant. I had a scan today, and bean is measuring 8 weeks.
I'm still stunned. What a roller coaster this is turning out to be!

ETA: Have another scan in 2 weeks to monitor the situation.

Heyyyy Agcam, wonderful news! Happy to see you posting again :hugs:

I must look like death warmed uo becuase 3 work collueges (one being my manager) have asked me on 3 diffrent occations why im so sick and am i pregnant:haha: I knew that flu bug story wouldn't last long!

Feel so shit all the time and tired I'm hating this so far. Can't wait for this to pass so I can carry on as normal. I haven't been able to do my job correctly and eventually it's going to catch up with me. I don't remember feeling this bad last time. I'm praying theŕe 2 in there! Still waiting to hear from my midwife for a dating scan xx

oooh the colleagues were quick to mention

the thought of two is oh so exciting :happydance: Blessings 1 or 2 :flower::flower:

Hi All!

I’ve missed so much! Yay for all the scans and the miracle!

Sorry to all having a hard time.

I’m soooo tired. I am literally coming home from work and going to bed every night for an hour because I have busy evenings!

I’m hoping my booking appointment comes soon so I can tell my boss when I see her on Tuesday!

This is like having a massive hangover haha

Hangover is legit good description haha, tried to explain this to the hubby

I forgot to check in for myself!! I've been feeling less nausea the past couple days...although its still definitely there and I need to eat frequently. Not sure if it's because I've been going to bed early or because the preg hormone is balancing out. Makes me scared for the next week...wonder if I'm going to get worse.

Got my preliminary blood test results back, and it was discovered I have hypothyroidism. My OB called me and said I need to start taking medication, so I guess I'll start that tomorrow! It makes sense actually. Before I got pregnant, I had been feeling guilty because I just felt so lazy all the time and was finding it hard to get off the couch and play with my son. I felt more irritable and my shoulders felt stiff, and I always felt like I never had enough energy. Having the thyroid issue makes a lot of sense as to why I was feeling low. I just assumed it was depression. Hopefully the medication will give me more energy and help with my mood.

mrsstrezy, hope you feel more active asap xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->