May Marvels 2018

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been kind of MIA the last couple of weeks. As fast as this thread moves, I am so far behind I might take a few days to catch up! I have enjoyed reading the updates I've seen so far.

Update for me - my brother passed away on Sept 22 and we all went to Arizona for his funeral last Friday. It was good to see family, but a stressful and sad weekend. I did not particularly enjoy traveling while pregnant (TWP?), as I had my first bouts with MS on the day I flew to AZ and then throughout the weekend. Since I've been home, I am doing better - I think having access to regular snacks and water (since I'm not in a hotel) has been the key.

I also caught an evil cold last week and it has made a reprise this week, after all my traveling. So I feel like crap on top of feeling exhausted from being preggo! I also had spotting for 10 days, which really freaked me out, even though my RE said it was normal and nothing to worry about.

I had my first ultrasound this morning. We couldn't see much because it was really grainy, but the one thing we did see clearly was the heartbeat! :happydance: I was so relieved to see that after all the spotting. The baby dated behind by 2-3 days (they measured the yolk sack and the embryo and got two different dates), but they seemed happy with it, as the grainy image could have made the measurements be off by a couple of days. I go back next Wednesday for another dating scan to try to get a better (more exact) measurement and dating. FX for everything to be fine by then!

I hope everyone is doing okay. I'm off to rest so I can get over this cold ASAP. I'll be lurking later, while I catch up!

Sorry to hear about your brother wicky : hugs:
Also sorry you've been ill. So glad you saw the heartbeat!

Dang, Wicky. Sorry. I lost my brother in 2011 and it still stings. Glad you're home and hope you feel better soon.

I layed outside in the chair under the shade tree until the rain drove me to the patio, where I layed on couch and read for almost 5 hours...beautiful breeze and some rain...it was nice.

I find I have a nausea/hunger ball if I don't eat every 2 hours and that's hard...bleh.
Attempting work tomorrow after OB appointment.

I am going to have to give up on keeping up with everything and responding to everything I want to. I remembered how to do the multi-quote thing, but the site was down earlier, and it seemed to take my good intentions with it. Oh well!

Wicky, so sorry about your brother. <3

Agcam, I am so excited about this!

I know someone asked what people do besides visit here :D I do technical support for a software testing company in San Francisco, so I work from home (or coffeeshop).

TBH I am not sure what the mat leave is going to look like, but the most recent new mom had her baby last August, and was off three months. It seems it was a little more flexible before that (another woman had off three months a year earlier, and her boss/the CEO called her up toward the end and said "how's it going? Do you need another month?" She'd had terrible HG and awful PPD and it was exactly what she needed). But three months would be great! We're at a weird stage of company growth and a friend (rightly) pointed out that an official policy would probably be less generous. We'll see &#8212; there's one other pregnant woman at work, and she's further along than me, though I'm not sure by how much. She also doesn't take BS soooo I'm glad to have her clearing the path. Ack.

We've told a few more friends this week, and met with a midwife practice a friend went to for both her kids. We LOVED them, pretty sure we'll start working with them. More real every day!

Got my bloodwork results back, too! Thyroid looks good (better than it ever has), no signs of anemia, all the immunities they were hoping to find (rubella/varicella/etc.), no infections...and apparently I'm Rh positive (knew that), but it's a weak positive? Can't wait to learn more about this. Some googling suggests some experts have very strong, very conflicting opinions about whether that calls for Rhogam or not!

Oh gosh, AND we're actually moving into our new house tomorrow!!! It's super close to our apartment, and we closed in August, but we didn't take possession for another week, and the floors needed refinishing, and a whole bunch of life got in the way...but all the furniture is actually moving tomorrow. Can't believe this is our last night in our apartment. It's been such a good space during such a wild few years.

Wow good luck with the move kittenlifter!
That's weird about rh being a weak positive. I thought it was either positive or negative, clear cut.
Glad all your blood results came back good.

Me too! The medical assistant was like, "yeah, I'd never seen this before either!" I mentioned to a friend who's in school to be a naturopath that I thought it was a binary thing, and she said "ha ha, nothing in medicine is truly binary!" But apparently they don't really ever look for this except in pregnancy/fertility bloodwork.

Gotta get my weirdo points in where I can.

I'm sorry about your brother Wicky

Good luck for the move Kitten!

Afm, DS has "harvest festival" at church today. I feel like I should go, but I don't really want to and I feel like garbage. But it's his first church visit with school (I am 100% not religious so I've never taken him). Ugh.
DH has worked 7 days straight with 1 day off for our scan on Tuesday. So I've barely seen him, been looking after DS all on my own and I'm just exhausted.

Wicky so sorry to hear about your brother! Were you close? How heartbreaking &#128153;&#128153; great news on the scan xxx

Kitten glad all blood came back fine! I don't get all that about pos or neg lol!!
Happy moving day!! Don't be lifting anything heavy!!

It's my birthday tomorrow il be 34!! Getting on a bit now lol! And I have my booking in appointment with the mw too!!

Ricschick I got one during my last pregnancy but lost the baby. Another one will be useful though as I live in a 3 story house so the more floors that have places for buba to sleep the better :haha: i also really really keeo thinking it's twins this time so I've been trying to figure out how sleeping will work if it is twins since I already set up the nursery for 1 and brought a pram. I guess I'll know more once I have a scan maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Wicky78: so sorry to hear about your brother but glad you got a scan even if it was grainy!

Told my parents this morning. I'm not good at talking about important things verbally (there seems to be a better connection between my brain and my hands than there is between my brain and my mouth - I guess it's part of being a major introvert... ), so I wrote a card telling them and put a scan pic inside. Gave it to my mom this morning with a posy of bougainvillea flowers from our garden. When she opened it she saw the pic and looked up confused saying "and this?" so I told her to just read the card. All she kept saying was "wow, oh wow, wow, oh wow" over and over. She looked close to tears. My dad walked in then and she just handed him the hard. She gave me a big hug and said congratulations and that she's in total shock. I think she was still in shock when I left (didn't stay long, was just dropping ds there for the day on my way to work). Dad also congratulated me and gave me a big hug (ouch my boobs!!!) and told me to take it easy.

Just told boss now too. There are connections between my family and work and I'm scared ds will tell extended family who'll tell their family who'll tell my work. There is rather a quick grapevine here so I really didn't wnat him finding out like that, I respect him too much. So I told him but asked him to keep it to himself for a while longer to which he said of course. I have no doubt he will. He took it really well and seemed happy for us. So glad that's over!

So to just tell the in-laws on saturday (having them over for lunch). Going to do this for dessert
71f1b0d20deb99563276510e4f3aad29--funny-pregnancy-announcements-pregnancy-announcment-ideas.jpg

Then will probably wait another 2 weeks before announcing in general.

ah that's lovely and I love the doughnut idea!!!:hugs:
im the same I don't like to actually say it either I don't really no why so I get my children to tell em lol its probably because it s about myself if that makes sense?

feeling tired today! want to go back to bed but I feel guilty just sitting around when there is things to be done!:shrug:

im the same I don't like to actually say it either I don't really no why so I get my children to tell em lol its probably because it s about myself if that makes sense?

That's exactly it. I don't like talking about myself. Makes me feel too vulnerable

Huggles I love the doughnut idea. I've told everyone important now. Going to wait for 12 weeks to announce it on fb.

I told DS when we got back from scan on Tuesday and he wanted to tell his teacher. Which was fine. Then I got stopped by another member of staff this morning to ask if it was true! News flies in that school apprently.

Schools are horrible with gossip.
I'm not telling anyone officially...they will figure it out, lol. I'm so bloated it will be hard to hide.

Gotta dress for OB appointment, then headed to work for the first time in almost 2 weeks...ugh...I don't even know what we're doing. Ah well. I'll figure it out; I always do. Kids will probably need shaping back up, behavior-wise!

OB approved more Phenergan and called in 4 months! I hope to be off well before October ends...still feeling a bit better each morning. I didn't wake through the night with nausea, and the feeling this morning was more huger than nausea. Progress! I hate that hunger ball pang though....put all the food I can and nothing stops it. It's a black hole.

So glad your ob approved more phenergan for you cheluzal. Good luck with work tomorrow.

My children keep asking if they can tell their friends yet but I still feel quite hesitant about it! My bloat is so obvious that I'm having to hide it to and from school but I'm slowly starting to not care lol

Glad your feeling better cheluzal! Hope your first day back is good!!x

I let DS tell his friends, but they're all 5 :haha:

I'm more worried about him blurting it out in front of the mums. I'm not ready to publicly announce. It was alarming begin stopped by a staff member this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->