May Marvels 2018

So glad your feeling better cheluzal!

My appointment went well yesterday, they took bloods and height and weight and medical history and she was really lovely!
I had such a lovely day yesterday was very spoilt dh took me out for lunch beforehand x

Helloooooo - I really have loved reading up but I (as usual) cannot reply to that many so just remembering what I can.

Sorry about your brother W.

Huggles; that's lovely advice.

Glad to see some are having improvement in symptoms! I definitely feel a bit brighter this week. It could just be that I am used to it, who knows?

I have my booking appointment on Monday morning and OH and I booked a private early reassurance scan next Friday. It is as much to have a springboard to tell the kids to be honest.

I've told a few of my close friends because either way I would tell them if anything went awry.

Emzy - if you swing by and spot this, can you add me to the first page? I'm another 14th May for the time being. :)

Hi riveted Rosie. We're due date buddies :D

AFM - I'm so hungry all the time! It's driving me crazy! This is by far the worst hunger week so far. I swear I'm eating like every 20-30 Min. I'm just permanently starving. Not peckish, not mildly wondering about food, but totally and utterly ravenously starving! It's crazy and really frustrating!

I am a bit frustrated that some foods are starting to taste different now, and not in a good way. Especially cheese, I love cheese. :(

Overall, I am also just not feeling very well at the moment. I thought once the sinus infection cleared up I would be fine, but not so. :/ Wonder if this is a first trimester thing or if this pregnancy will be harder on me than my last.

On a more positive note, we pretty much have a boy name picked out since before I became pregnant and I still really like it. For a girl's name though, I can't seem to become excited over any of them for very long. Most girl names I find so boring and when I find one that I like it only lasts for a couple weeks at most. So in an effort for some inspiration, I have been reading the 500 top girl names from last year and a 132-page-thread about names of babies last born. No luck though. We have one that we kind of like, but every time I try to imagine our baby with that name I feel nauseous, like baby is actively protesting it, OMG, haha.

Chibi I agree with you about foods tasting different now. I'm still have food aversions too. And the nausea is getting worse. It's never I'm going to vomit, just I feel siiiiiiiick. I hate it.

We've had out boy and girl names picked out since we started trying really. It too, us ages to agree though. It's still not 100% in middle names, but first names are picked. DS hates both of them :haha: :dohh:

Well, not taking pill last night was no bueno. I tossed and turned all night with the most sour stomach. But once I awoke and ate some breakfast, it settled to a mild fireball.

I keep sleeping after breakfast for another hour or so, then make it to couch. I have to keep food in me every couple hours; I find around 4pm is when it starts to feel really sick again.

Food all tastes gross to me and I hate it! I crave nothing, need everything, and hate all. Trying to really down the fruit-sent hubs for lots of fruit. And I down yogurt like it's going out of style.

Still praying I feel better each week and hope my placenta is an overachiever and kicks in quicker, rofl.

Trying to catch up!!

Oh no Chibi sorry you have been sick (although I'm sure deep down somewhere your glad fornthe pregnancy symptom).

Cheluzal glad you are slowly starting to feel better!

Ricschick glad your appointment went well!

I have my booking appointment on Wednesday am so excited that things are finally happening and will get my yellow pregnancy bible!! That will make it feel all more real however I am dreading the bloods!! I tell The midwives everytime that they will not be able to get anything from me and only the phlobotomist can seem to do it but they insist on trying and then it stresses me out so much I faint!! I am such a wimp with needles!!

Hoping they give me a scan date whilst I am there and don't have to wait for it in the post as I am on holiday when I am 12 weeks so don't want to miss the appointment and was really hoping to get in before we go as we are going with the whole family for a wedding so will be nice to actually be able to tell them all rather than trying to hide it at a wedding!

I have no symptoms what so ever it's actually worrying. With DS I had morning sickness, food aversions and certain smells just made me gag but this time nothing!! Exhaustion but that's about it!
Really hoping I get something to reassure me.

My pram arrives yesterday yaaaay! I've gone for the Limited Edition Jurrasic Dream Egg Stroller. Need to get a maxi cosi pebble plus car seat but I'll get that closer to may :blush:

I took the changing bag our and already wanted to pack it up full of nappies, baby clothes and wipes why is May so far away lol I might just have a little pack to see how it looks lol

P.s I did order this pram way back in May this year for a baby that was due in December so I'm not comeptlely crazy and didn't just buy this pram but it was on September delivery (So it's late) but I just love it so much!

Gray maybe you could book a private scan if you can't get one beforehand? I no the 12 week scan can be done within a few weeks of that. X

Chi sorry you were sick hopefully that doesn't continue.

I have to have the GTT test this time (glucose test ) as my bmi is just over 30! Never had that before. Also got to see a consultant at 16weeks too as this is my 6th baby.
I've felt more nauseous this weekend and very tired!!

Sasha that's so exciting the pram has arrived already. I love that you want to pack a baby bag etc! I agree that May seems Sooo far away.

I have no clue which pram I want! They all seem so bulky when I looked the other day. Any ideas what you guys are going to get? X

Thank you huggles! I know I can't wait to open all the boxes etc

I packed the changing bag... I was just 2 excited lol I just can't wait untill May my patient levels are terrible I'm like a child myself.

Ricschick I had a GTT with my DS. It was all fine. Nothing to worry about. I'm sure I'll have to have it again this time.

I have a graco symbio pram. It's alright. I'm not replacing it cos it's still working fine.

Ricschick I would if I could but don't think DH would be too happy as the one near us is about £60 and we have already decided we ate going to do a private 4d scan at 16 weeks!

We are also using the same pram as last time it's a cossato I love it really light, easy to put up and down and I love the designs on them! I have decided I am going to get a new changing bag though as I am still using ours that I had with DS so it's had 3 years of constant use and looking very tired!!

I imagine that I will also have to have the gtt test as I did with DS but I really don't want to as I mentioned before the midwives can never get bloods from me and I walked out of the doctors with 8 plasters in different places over my body where they kept trying! Safe to say it really distresses me everytime they try!

I dont blame you all for using your current prams rhe amount this one cost me i expect all my future children to also get some use out of it lol

It turns into a tandem aswell!

I spent the entire day in bed yesterday. Was just so exhausted I wanted to cry. Was kind of longing for the 2 weeks bed rest I'll need mid- end Nov (when I have my cervical stitch placed). And I was then just so moody as well in the afternoon. Just felt like I wasn't coping at all.

Then woke up to this on ovia this morning:

How’s mom?

Feeling moody? Hormonal irritability is at a peak around the ninth week, although relief should come soon - for most women, moodiness eases up around week ten before coming back in full force as your pregnancy ends. You’re also likely to feel extremely fatigued, as your body is working overtime to develop the placenta in order to most efficiently provide nutrients to your baby, and because your blood sugar and blood pressure may often move in the opposite direction as your increased metabolism and hormone levels.

it was just so spot on it was scary! And a total relief.

9 weeks today.

I spent the entire day in bed yesterday. Was just so exhausted I wanted to cry. Was kind of longing for the 2 weeks bed rest I'll need mid- end Nov (when I have my cervical stitch placed). And I was then just so moody as well in the afternoon. Just felt like I wasn't coping at all.

Then woke up to this on ovia this morning:

How’s mom?

Feeling moody? Hormonal irritability is at a peak around the ninth week, although relief should come soon - for most women, moodiness eases up around week ten before coming back in full force as your pregnancy ends. You’re also likely to feel extremely fatigued, as your body is working overtime to develop the placenta in order to most efficiently provide nutrients to your baby, and because your blood sugar and blood pressure may often move in the opposite direction as your increased metabolism and hormone levels.

it was just so spot on it was scary! And a total relief.

9 weeks today.

That thing you posted from your app seems pretty spot on for how I've been. Not quite 9 weeks yet (8+5) but I swear I've been a zombie all week. My DS has been waking up frequently at night again too. So tired is an understatement. So is moody. :dohh:

Sasha92 - Your excitement is awesome! :) I agree that May feels forever away.

I'm going to have to get a new stroller for this little nugget. The one we have for DS would work, but he'll only be 21 months when nugget is born, so we will definitely have to get a double stroller.

ricschick - I've had to get the glucose test during every one of my pregnancies. The 1-hr test is standard for all pregnancies and then if it comes back high or borderline, you have to take a 3 hour one. I've had to do the 3 hour one for my last two pregnancies. It's not horrible, but it's not fun either.

AFM - I apologize for not keeping up with the thread well. I check the facebook group, but DS doesn't give me much time to get online. If he sees my laptop out, he comes running. :haha:

My first ultrasound was last week and we got to see nugget's heartbeat :cloud9: My due date is now officially May 16, 2018. My cycles were super irregular before getting pregnant so my doctor's office was going by my last period and was over 2 weeks off. Now my doctor and me are on the same page. :thumbup:

Yay for seeing the heartbeat aidensmomma! Glad you and your doctor are in agreement on due date now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->