May Marvels 2018

Well, my OB appointment took too long: they went over all paperwork and elective scans, and the extra stuff for being "wise," her polite way of saying old. Nothing too crazy. Insurance pays 100% of everything: sonograms, birth, tests, most labs...not too bad. Next week's OB is last co-pay I make, too.

WORK: I made it...and just fessed up to my afternoon classes. Several kids per class whispered, "I knew it." Plus I'm so frigging bloated I look 4 months and I'm tired of holding it in, lol. Teachers were gossiping and asking, ugh...so annoying.

Nausea not too bad if I keep stuffing my face with food that all tastes like cardboard. Slowly feeling fatigue. I would take every other stinking symptom together if nausea left!!

Heartrate was 172 and I got to see (not hear) the heart beat!! :) Thank the Lord! It feels "real" now, so I'm getting more excited! Measuring one day ahead from my last cycle, (I originally measured from when I ovulated), but she said keep the date from my last cycle. So May 17 is the due date!!

Gonna tell mine and his parents in 2 weeks when I will be 10 weeks along... then the news can be out! :)

Happy Birthday ricschick! Hope your mw appointment goes well today.

Broken, why are you only 8 weeks today if we have the same due date? I was 8 weeks on Monday. Or did you change your due date after the scan?

Happy 8 weeks either way!

I changed it after the scan. I was measuring 7+4 when I should have been 8+1. They put my due date back with DS too so I'm expecting it. I'll know for sure when I have my dating scan.

WmBLh0e.jpg

The open spot in his head looks like a little heart :)

Oh wow, I do believe that's the first scan that looks like a little baby!!!
I was trying to figure out which side was the head and which the butt with mine but totally couldn't, whereas yours is very obvious. So awesome!!

The past couple days have been pretty bad nausea-wise. Yesterday I felt like I could barely function through all the nausea and tiredness. I ordered some nose clips that my friend suggested to me that have essential oils in them to help morning sickness. Tried it yesterday and It pretty much did nothing. We’re going to a big social event tomorrow and I’m dreading it. I think I’d rather poke my own eyes out with knitting hooks. But I’ve already cancelled and not attended multiple other events and DH thinks people are getting suspicious. I hate this whole secret first tri garbage...I feel it’s much harder to hide it this time because I’m showing so much. I know it’s early, but I think we’re going to announce when I’m between 8-9 wks next week. I’m tired of making excuses and lying to people, and I want to wear my maternity clothes.

Mrsstrezy, I believe pregnancy is there to be enjoyed and celebrated. I know some symptoms certainly aren't enjoyable, but with regards to telling people, do what you want. There are no rules. If having people know early stresses you (like it does me), then keep it a secret. If keeping it a secret stresses you then tell people. Do whatever makes you happiest.

Hi ladies,

Thank you all for your kind words and support around my brother's death. I really appreciate having a place to share the highs and lows of this pregnancy. That was definitely a low.

MsT - I agree with Huggles about doing what you want with telling people. I was originally not going to tell ANYONE, not even family (other than DW) until after the first ultrasound. Well, DW told everyone at work the day after we found out and then because of connections and such, I realized the race was on to tell my parents and immediate family before they heard it through the grapevine. So we told my Dad and DW's Mom at 4 weeks and my Mom at about 4 1/2 weeks and my Mom told EVERYONE else in the family before I had a chance to tell them because I was trying to give a respectable time after my brother passed before sharing the good news. Ha - so much for that plan. But we at least agreed no sharing on Social Media until after the first trimester. So like Huggles said, there are no rules and you can do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

brw - that's a great scan photo! I'm so envious, as mine is so unrecognizable :haha:

Chel - glad to hear things are improving on the nausea front and that your appointment went well. How are you feeling now that school knows you're pregnant? Is it a relief? Maybe just annoying to have so many people in your business? Anyway, I can't imagine being so sick and having to try to hide symptoms and such. I hope that the other teachers can be supportive to you. Interesting tidbit, my MIL was an elementary teacher and when she got pregnant, as soon as she was showing, she had to stop teaching because the school system felt it was improper for the students to see their teacher pregnant. So with her second pregnancy, since she had twins, she had to go out on leave during the 1st trimester! Although back then, it was probably paid... Still nuts, as the kids, of COURSE, had seen pregnant women before (including their own moms)!

Happy 8 or so weeks to everyone who's there. I'm pushing 7 weeks (will be 7w0d tomorrow) and still waiting for the nausea to really kick in :nope:. I'm sure it will, but hoping it will come on late and end early. Hope everyone is doing well and have a great weekend!

The past couple days have been pretty bad nausea-wise. Yesterday I felt like I could barely function through all the nausea and tiredness. I ordered some nose clips that my friend suggested to me that have essential oils in them to help morning sickness. Tried it yesterday and It pretty much did nothing. We’re going to a big social event tomorrow and I’m dreading it. I think I’d rather poke my own eyes out with knitting hooks. But I’ve already cancelled and not attended multiple other events and DH thinks people are getting suspicious. I hate this whole secret first tri garbage...I feel it’s much harder to hide it this time because I’m showing so much. I know it’s early, but I think we’re going to announce when I’m between 8-9 wks next week. I’m tired of making excuses and lying to people, and I want to wear my maternity clothes.
You poor thing. I commiserate!
I started telling people earlier than I ever thought because the secrets and excuses drove me more batty! Do what's right...people have been very happy of me.

Chel - glad to hear things are improving on the nausea front and that your appointment went well. How are you feeling now that school knows you're pregnant? Is it a relief? Maybe just annoying to have so many people in your business? Anyway, I can't imagine being so sick and having to try to hide symptoms and such. I hope that the other teachers can be supportive to you.

I already old my principal weeks ago when I had to take off. She's cool. I found out there are 4 of us pregnant there now, lol.
Told assistant principal yesterday and she's happy. Then just my classes. No more teachers--they will figure it out...and one guy even GUESSED!

I really only talk to my fellow English teachers (we're in one quad) and they have always been nice and helpful. TBH, most of the teachers are so annoying, lol. We have a large staff and while helpful, they are just so nosy and gossipy. I keep away from that.

But I have to remember I've been working there 16 years of my career. Most of these people have watched me grow from a new teacher to a newly-married older woman, now to a mom, so they are actually really happy for me. I jut hate attention and adulation (I'm bold but oddly introverted in that way).

Hubs and I are not on FB so staying out of touch is easy. He's not telling his work for months, ha!

Ladies,
My prayers have continued to be answered!
I crashed last night before taking my Phenergan and actually wok up feeling better this morning than ever! I ate cereal, yogurt, and cheese then fell back to sleep until about 10.

I just mosied out of bed and am eating a sandwich (yes, I can't help it but the cuban deli meat tastes good).

I opened the windows and patio door and just want to air out this house and be productive today! I need to pay bills and pack boxes for the move. I'm even doing dishes and my hubby will be so happy. lol
Feel "normal" and pray it gets better every day!!!

About to crank on some music to motivate myself.
Back to work FT on Monday so let's enjoy this long weekend.:happydance:

Oh wow, I do believe that's the first scan that looks like a little baby!!!
I was trying to figure out which side was the head and which the butt with mine but totally couldn't, whereas yours is very obvious. So awesome!!

I was surprised at how developed it looked!! You could see the little hand/feet stubs a lot better during the ultrasound. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->