May Marvels 2018

Ricschick I am in the wedding. I'm a bridesmaid so I have to stick with this dress and the wedding is in 3 weeks. So not really time to adjust it. I should have gone bigger when I measured myself, but I didn't think it would be an issue so early. Guess I'll have to buy some Spanx lol!

Sasha and Rosie, I hope I'm in a baby box area too. They look so good!

Haha Rics, let’s hear it for the old timers with a brood!

Aye Sasha I am NW UK :)

I don’t want to jinx myself but I’m definitely feeling a bit less sick and a bit less tired this week. I’ve got two of my three performances out of the way too so one more to gear up for in November.

I need to not get any bigger until after that or my costume won’t fit!

Broken: you can get some pretty funky maternity stuff now, or anything empire line or full frock would work! :)

What's in the baby box? I've not heard of this?

Rosie costume? What do you do? X

Is it ok if I join in?

I'm due 5/26 according to my scan but 5/21 according to my dating. I'll have to discuss it with my mw.

This is my 3rd pregnancy since my first with ds. The last 2 ended in mc so I've been cautious with this one. But I haven't had any bleeding and my scan yesterday showed a healthy heart beat. I've been pretty sick but I had hg with ds and it isn't quite that bad. Sore boobs and fatigue have got me too. They found a cyst on my left ovary yesterday and I've had some pain from that but it should be fine. Otherthan that I've just been chasing ds the best I can. He's pretty excited to be big bro.

I've told my parents and best friends but that's it. Well tell the in laws this weekend.

I look forward to chatting with you all and I'll try to catch up the best I can.

Welcome Mrs Hudson!

I also haven't seen these baby boxes how do you get them?

Got my booking appointment with midwife today!

Welcome Mrs Hudson!

If you Google "the baby box company" that's the company who supplied them. I think it's only being rolled out in certian areas around the UK for now.

It's an idea that's been in Finland for generations. Basicly in Finland everybody gets this box for the baby to sleep in. It has a fitted mattress in there and Finland has the lowest rate of SIDS worldwide which is why they are now giving them out in the UK. I had heard of them before they started giving them away and I did plan on buying one but they are £200-£500 depending on what box package you get from Finland so it's nice they are giving them out now.

Welcome Mrs Hudson!

Il look into it Sasha!

I've had the worse nights sleep dd woke 4 times last night and dh went out to the pub because it's his birthday today and he gets the day off from work so I ended up coming downstairs twice to wake him up so I feel like I haven't slept plus I was sooo hot all night!! 😴😴😴

Welcome mrs Hudson!

So I told a 'family' member the news last night, and specifically said do not put anything on fb. Of course she put it straight on fb. I'm so cross.
Well, she didn't actually say anything, she just tagged me saying 'feeling delighted' so it's pretty obvious imo. Either way. I said not to say anything and she did it anyway.

Welcome mrs Hudson!

So I told a 'family' member the news last night, and specifically said do not put anything on fb. Of course she put it straight on fb. I'm so cross.
Well, she didn't actually say anything, she just tagged me saying 'feeling delighted' so it's pretty obvious imo. Either way. I said not to say anything and she did it anyway.

Ugh , I absolutely hate when people do that :grr:

Welcome mrs Hudson!

This is why we don't tell DH parents until I'm ready for the world to know. When my sil told them of her 1st pg she said don't say anything until they had personally told her DH family just so it didn't trickle down the line. 5mins later they had a call from family members and told them! Like wtf? I get your excited but have some control!!

Welcome Mrs Hudson!

Welcome mrs Hudson!

Omg!! How annoying!! I'm sorry about that. Some people just have no self-control when it comes to news like this.

Welcome MrsHudson! It's always nice to have someone new!

Man I wish we had the baby boxes in the US. I feel it would give me more peace of mind knowing that SIDS rate is lower with the boxes. Has everyone else heard the new recommendations to prevent SIDS? Not sure if this is just a US thing, but apparently they recommend that the baby sleep in the parents room for the first whole year(not necessarily in the same bed, just be in the room). We didn't do that with DS-for him we had him in the bassinet for the first four months in our room and then transitioned him to his crib in the nursery afterwards. I'm thinking we might put the crib in our room for the first year with baby #2. We'll see.

Thank you ladies. I was so cross and upset last night about it. She not even family. She's my dads new gf (my mum passed away a few yrs ago) I've only met her twice!!
I told her the news in a msg and straight away she replied 'lock the door I'm coming for the birth' !?!? Ummmm. No. Don't invite yourself to someone's birth for goodness sake.
I struggle with her, because she's my dads new partner and all the feelings around my mum. I didn't need this. She's now last in line for everything. She only gets told things right before they go on fb.

Mrsstrezy, I hadn't heard that about keeping them in for a yr. I had my DS with me until 5 months because I lived with my mum at the time, when we moved into our own house he went into his own room. I'll certainly keep Neville with me for a yr if that's the new guideline though. I'm so paranoid about SIDS.

So I am officially coming in here now, after 2-3 scares throughout I have been too frightened to post. I am 8 weeks 5 days today and have my booking in appointment tomorrow.
How can you all be so excited?! I am absolutely petrified.
Every twinge, and ache I have to convince myself it could be ok.

Today I have lower cramps and backache, so struggling again thinking it's the start of the end.

We had scans at 6w, 7w and have one at 10w (the very early ones were because of bleed scares)

I feel like I am just being a drama queen and everyone is fed up with me, I crave so much to be excited and enjoy the sickness, and food aversions etc but instead I am just a tired emotional worrier constantly.

Due 18th May. Praying I can get that far.

Looking for a bit of support so reaching out here xxx

Welcome Geebug. We're a supportive bunch here. :hugs:

How have your scans been? I get anxious at every twinge and pain as well. I try and just take it day by day, sometimes even hour by hour. It's not easy. I hope you have supportive people around you irl. :hugs:

Welcome Geebug. We're a supportive bunch here. :hugs:

How have your scans been? I get anxious at every twinge and pain as well. I try and just take it day by day, sometimes even hour by hour. It's not easy. I hope you have supportive people around you irl. :hugs:

Thank you. No one accept my other half and 2 good friends know and they are fab, I just feel like I'm being a drama llama! The scan's have all been fine, scary as baby has been so small and delicate.

I'm really struggling today though. Just wish I could be as positive as some others as I feel like I'm not enjoying it xx

Wow broken! I'm so sorry. That's why we haven't told my in laws too. Plus my MIL is pretty annoying when I'm pregnant.

Geebug so sorry you're so anxious. After two losses I am too. I hope everything works out just fine for you.

Thank you for the welcome ladies! I wasn't going to join a group again. I joined one with DS and it kind of imploded. But I need people join me in my misery haha.

I'm trying to muster up enough energy to take ds to gymnastics. I got my morning sick out of the way so hopefully I'll be ok.

We had a lady here in Colorado making baby boxes for refugees but I don't think any hospitals or birth centers give them out. I'm a birth doula and have heard talk of them coming to some hospitals but haven't seen it.

So I didn't feel like getting online yesterday. I slept on the couch last night and the night before because I'm so freaking sick of my bed! I have stolen the entire couch with food, computer, and took hubby's side. LOL He's relegated to chair and guest bedroom for now, lol. But he's been great taking care of me.

I forgot to take Phenergan 2 nights ago and wasn't too bad yesterday. Didn't take it last night either and actually feel more normal today than since my sickness started at 5 weeks!! Not getting too excited (and trying not to worry), for I know it can return, but still...
...still gassy and a wee bit crampy and my discharge is still a geyser, so hoping all is well and hormones have peaked and my placenta is an overachiever!

HR got back and said I would be using my paid sick time and I could end the leave at any time I could return. She's sending the form but the principal's secretary said it could take a week to kick in, lol...I'm praying I feel better then...wish they'd just let me call subs (same diff actually as far as class coverage). Whatever. Work is becoming less and less of a priority.

See OB tomorrow for official "first" long appointment. Going to wrestle an additional u/s soon to put my mind at ease. No way I'm waiting until week 20 for the next one, ha!

Welcome mrs Hudson!

Oh, I would be soooo pissed! I'm livid on your behalf. There is absolutely NO way that is remotely acceptable. I would be saying something...but I'm known for being mouthy.

Man I wish we had the baby boxes in the US. I feel it would give me more peace of mind knowing that SIDS rate is lower with the boxes. Has everyone else heard the new recommendations to prevent SIDS? Not sure if this is just a US thing, but apparently they recommend that the baby sleep in the parents room for the first whole year(not necessarily in the same bed, just be in the room). We didn't do that with DS-for him we had him in the bassinet for the first four months in our room and then transitioned him to his crib in the nursery afterwards. I'm thinking we might put the crib in our room for the first year with baby #2. We'll see.

I swear they update recommendations so often, they have to be circling back to those from decades ago, lol. They know nothing-and everything!

I'm going to have a bassinet by the bed for months, then move to a crib in their own room across the hall. We'll have our guest bed in the baby's room for sleeping if we need to, and with doors open and a monitor, I will hear everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->