May Marvels 2018

Happy 10 weeks ladies!

Back from midwife, got my notes and my 'official' booking app next week. My midwife is lovely too.

RnW I agree about it feeling like my first again. So much has changed since my son. I know basic care will come back when baby is here but all the guidelines now. Heck!

Happy 9 weeks brw. I wonder if there's some increase of hormones or something at that time, I also had a horrible headache the 3 days leading up to 9 weeks.

Broken, my son is a very similar age to yours and I too feel like I'm starting all over. I don't even know half the brands of things anymore never mind guidelines! Also doesn't help that we sold all our baby stuff last year as we'd given up all hope of ever falling pg, so we really are starting from scratch :dohh:

I think hormones peak from 8-10 weeks which probably explains the headaches. I think blood production is on overload too which would add to it. I have had that hangover feeling for the last week (headaches, nausea/gagging/vomiting and heat issues) which is making me miserable.
I ran out of my meds on the weekend and went to pick it up today (mw forgot to send it through last week and Monday was a holiday...) and they wanted to charge me $120 after my insurance covered $117 of it. I just about started crying in front of the pharmacy tech lol. I think she saw the tears and got on the computer to find that there is a generic brand that will be totally covered. I would have paid for it if I had to but my god I’m feeling emotionally out of control.

And happy 10 weeks to those that are there. A few short weeks and we will be in the 2nd trimester!!

Yeah I've had a headache all day! And I'm so hot at night!! In exhausted today 😴

I've still got the big stuff from my son. Me and DH always knew we wanted a baby together one day (DS is not DH's) so I hung on to it.

But everything else is from scratch, and I have no family support like I had with my son so that's daunting. I'm just so worried I'm going to forget to buy something really important and not realise til I get home and need it ��

I dont come on for a day and a half and theres 3 new pages! :haha:

Sorry to hear that broken I haven't told my ex partners parents yet either. My mum can barely keep her mouth shut. She keeps saying can't i just tell so and so.

Welcome geebug!

I'm as excited as can be but still really scared! I've lost one this year already and had a panic attack eairly just thinking about the fact the NHS are taking so long to sort out a scan for me. I feel so forgotten about and I don't want a pay for one if they are going to scan me (midwife said on Saturday it would be within 2 weeks) but considering I've heard nothing so far I don't have alot of hope. May just have to pay and get a private scan.

Baby will be in my room anyway for the foreseeable future lol but o have a crib the box and a noses basket x

I wonder if it is the hormones... it feels like my normal "hormonal headache", but it's lasting forever!

Ricschick, I can smell everything too and I'm gagging at almost everything!! Ugh! Lol I'm carrying around a bottle of peppermint oil to overcome the other smells. It's helped a little bit - especially while fixing quick suppers for DH

I haven't been on in a few weeks and I had over 60 pages to catch up on!! :coffee:

I found something fun, I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but the Chinese Gender Predictor. Mine says ANOTHER boy. I haven't really decided what I really want. A girl would obviously be awesome after having 2 boys, but part of me says hopefully it is another boy. I already have the stuff, and they are pretty laid back in the teenage years. :laugh2:

Attachments

• gender-prediction-chart.jpg
    gender-prediction-chart.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 22
Oooooo mine says girl! Eek! Me and DH would love a girl. But it's a true cliche, we honestly don't care as long as it's healthy. I have a whole bunch of boy clothes from about 2 yrs onwards so that would be helpful but honestly don't mind

Thisbone has always baffled me! Do you count the month of conception the month of your LMP the date you ovulated or the date of your positive test as they could be 2 different months!?!

I think it would be when you ovulated as that's when conception really occurrs.

Is anyone planning to stay team yellow?

I just told DH if they can't find out the sex at 20 weeks they won't rescan you just to find it and he was gutted. He genuinely thought 20 weeks might be too early to see the sex and they would rescan you to find it out. He would pay for a private scan. I know he would.

ETA that gender chart is right for my son. Hoping it's right for this one too.

Eurgh to headaches! I feel rough today too. I thought perhaps it was the weather because the air pressure does make me feel rotten sometimes!

Maybe it is actually doing a 5 day week again after two 4 day weeks.

Talking about starting again, my youngest is 8 so a big gap for me there. However I do have a niece and nephew who are 3 and 1 so I haven't been without babies.

I still haven't told my kids yet. Going to get that done tomorrow either before or after the scan. Eeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!

BTW with Chinese gender prediction I get BGG then B for this one. BUT I have GGG :)

I haven't been on in a few weeks and I had over 60 pages to catch up on!! :coffee:

I found something fun, I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but the Chinese Gender Predictor. Mine says ANOTHER boy. I haven't really decided what I really want. A girl would obviously be awesome after having 2 boys, but part of me says hopefully it is another boy. I already have the stuff, and they are pretty laid back in the teenage years. :laugh2:

The chart says girl for me! FX! I would love to have another daughter. This baby will be DH's second and it would be awesome to have a little girl so that he could experience having one of each. On the other hand, I still have all DS2's baby clothes and everything, so that part would be easier if we had another boy.

I think it would be when you ovulated as that's when conception really occurrs.

Is anyone planning to stay team yellow?

I just told DH if they can't find out the sex at 20 weeks they won't rescan you just to find it and he was gutted. He genuinely thought 20 weeks might be too early to see the sex and they would rescan you to find it out. He would pay for a private scan. I know he would.

ETA that gender chart is right for my son. Hoping it's right for this one too.

I can't do team yellow. I have tried and failed :haha: I just need to know. If this baby is a girl and DH and I decide to have another, then I'll try to be team yellow. But I'm already impatient to find out this time :dohh:

Eurgh to headaches! I feel rough today too. I thought perhaps it was the weather because the air pressure does make me feel rotten sometimes!

Maybe it is actually doing a 5 day week again after two 4 day weeks.

Talking about starting again, my youngest is 8 so a big gap for me there. However I do have a niece and nephew who are 3 and 1 so I haven't been without babies.

I still haven't told my kids yet. Going to get that done tomorrow either before or after the scan. Eeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!

BTW with Chinese gender prediction I get BGG then B for this one. BUT I have GGG :)

There's 9 years between DS1 and DS2; 8 years between DD1 and DS2. It was a huge adjustment going back to the baby stage after so many years. I think this time around might be an easier adjustment for me. There was only 16 months between my oldest two, so the big age gap was so new to me.

Anyone feel like they are so far out from taking care of a baby that it’s like being pg with your first?
Things change so quickly with what the ‘experts’ (I use that lightly) say you should and shouldn’t do that I feel like I have to retrain myself on how to care for an infant. Someone mentioned that they recommended baby is in your room for the first year to prevent SIDS! That sounds crazy to me only becAuse I’ll never sleep if the baby is in my room and constantly checking on him/her. I’m not judging I’m only thinking about myself and sleep.
I think there is far to much info out there these days and people only feel like they are bound to screw up because REALLY how can we do it all?? Having a mindf@€k of a day today!

I agree. Things my mom did in 1977 they say don't do, but women have been having babies for thousands of years with no problem. Sometimes I think modern medicine knows TOO much, ya know?
My mom started us in our own room from day 1. She said it was easier to acclimate and get comfy in our own space.

I will have kid in bassinet by bed as long as possible, but I want hubby to sleep. I will move the kid to their own room as soon as I feel comfy. We have a guest bed in the nursery for me to sleep in if necessary,

Sorry to hear that broken I haven't told my ex partners parents yet either. My mum can barely keep her mouth shut. She keeps saying can't i just tell so and so.

Sasha,
I'm being nosy so tell me to screw off it I'm being rude, but did you break up with the dad recently? I swear you had pics of a dude...are you ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->