May Marvels 2018

I'm wondering if I should buy a Doppler. But this is our last baby so it seems an unnecessary purchase iykwim?

I bought it because it's our last baby lol I've never had one before so thought it might be nice!

OMG I just found babies hb!!! I literally put the probe on and switched it on and it was there!! I'm so pleased!!!:yipee::yipee::yipee:

Yay ricschick! It is such a relief when you do.
Broken you have to do what works for you. They are fairly inexpensive and easy to sell afterwards. For me it is peace of mind.
With ds (Zander) I couldn’t find the hb after just been to the mw the week prior. I had intuition telling me there was a problem but had I not had it I would have been potentially 4 more weeks of carrying him, going to my anatomy scan and seeing that he had passed. I’m glad I had the Doppler so I didn’t have to go through that.

Ricschick that's amazing!!

I'm am considering it. Mostly just for reassurance until I can feel little one moving. I'll see what DH says.

Broken, ugh. Echoing everyone else here: what a lousy way for him to be, and I hope you don't have to battle too much during what should get to be a really lovely time for you.

Mrsstrezy, what a bummer about your stepmom. It is super unfair for her to be thrusting all this on you. You're not her therapist, and you're not her mom. I don't doubt it's tough for her, but I hope she's able to go do that work with someone else, without trying to rope you into it.

ReadynWaiting, I am going to continue my "prenatal care around the world" education: what's the binder? Is it a Canadian thing? Also hoorayyyyy heartbeat!!

ricschick, yayyyy heartbeat!

Meanwhile, we had our first midwife appointment today (it was so long! I forgot that medical histories are basically "tell me everything that's ever gone wrong with you or your family, emotionally or physically"), so now we've met two midwives in the practice (the two who are on call for births; there are a few others who work in different roles). Also we got a little yellow card to bring to every appointment (to track vitals & other info about me/baby) and I immediately thought of the Yellow Bible of UK lore.

It was a super good appointment; we loved this MW, too. And at the very end she said we may as well look for the heartbeat with the doppler, even though it was probably too early to hear anything. ... Nope! I didn't catch the first blip of it, though the midwife & my husband did (he immediately started to tear up), but she found it again pretty quickly and we just listened to the wubwubwubwubwubwub for a while. So wild.

They have a heart! It's beating! There are two hearts in me right now and only one of them is mine!!

Broken, ugh. Echoing everyone else here: what a lousy way for him to be, and I hope you don't have to battle too much during what should get to be a really lovely time for you.

Mrsstrezy, what a bummer about your stepmom. It is super unfair for her to be thrusting all this on you. You're not her therapist, and you're not her mom. I don't doubt it's tough for her, but I hope she's able to go do that work with someone else, without trying to rope you into it.

ReadynWaiting, I am going to continue my "prenatal care around the world" education: what's the binder? Is it a Canadian thing? Also hoorayyyyy heartbeat!!

ricschick, yayyyy heartbeat!

Kitten the midwives here give you your own binder that contains any files that pertain to you and your pregnancy. It also has resources and info. I hold on to it during the pregnancy and bring it to each appt. Any notes made, test/ultrasound results, etc get added to the binder. After birth and your final 6 week check up the binder is returned and all paperwork is put in your file at the office.

11 weeks pregnant yesterday, yeah! Baby is now the size of a brussels sprout according to ovia.

Congratulations Chibi!

I checked with my midwife and they don't even look for heartbeat until my 16 week app. It's very tempting to get a Doppler tbh.

I have my looooooong booking in app tomorrow. I'm super excited, but also nervous because this with my ex has stirred up my mental health issues and ofc I'm off meds for the baby. I don't really want to tell my midwife that I'm having issues again but I don't know how bad it going to get and I know I need to look after myself too.

Gah! He's such an asshole. I can't have anything nice in my life without him ruining it. We've been separated 6 damn years! Yet I have to accompany DS to every contact because his dad doesn't want to have him alone, he wants me there. I'm so fed up.

Hi everyone, hope everyone's doing ok!
I am getting super nervous for my 10 week scan on Saturday morning, symptoms have eased off a lot this week - just want to know everything is ok in there!
Had my booking apt with the midwife last week and got my pack, all exciting, but was very quick!
Sending lots of love to you all xxx

Broken I'd tell the mw about any mental health issues they are there to support you don't worry. Try and block him out of you can! And to me he says he wants you there for him not for the child! Can you tell him that you won't be coming from now on? Take it easy on yourself and try and relax. Xxx

Good luck for Saturday geebug I'm sure all is fine xx

I feel like actual crap today think I've got a bit of a belly bug or something my stomach feel terrible! I've felt sick most of the day and had a bad toilet this morning (sorry tmi!) I feel so yucky!!! 🤢 Roll on bedtime! X

Hi all,

Sorry I've been so quiet. The exhaustion has really gotten me in the past week and I feel like I'm living in a fog. It's been nearly impossible to do the things I have to do and anything extra has been off the table. Still exhausted today, but thought it was high time I check in with you ladies!

It's been lovely to hear about so many good scans, heartbeats heard, and general progress (happy 8, 9, 10, 11 weeks!). Sorry, though, to hear about family issues. I have plenty of my own family issues, but thankfully, they aren't ones that make this particular situation more stressful. I really feel for you ladies who have jerk exes bugging you or whose family is no longer able to be a part of your lives (whether through their poor behavior or loss). I can't imagine doing this with limited support, but I know limited support is better than "bad" support.

I know this was a while ago, but I loved the discussion of the baby boxes. I found we can order them in the US, but since I already have a cosleeper/bassinet, I don't think I'll buy one. I may, though, buy a doppler when I get further along. I'm just 8w4d now, so I doubt I'd hear anything and it would just stress me out! I also love that we are all over the map (literally!) and can learn about systems and traditions in different countries. I just get frustrated by how little maternity leave we get in the US and that it's unpaid. DW said she's willing to move, but I told her that would be silly at this point. :haha:

AFM, I had a follow-up appointment about my diabetes and they were generally pleased with the progression, but I'm still not getting low enough glucose levels on the whole. They added more long-acting insulin and then short-acting insulin with each meal. So we're up to 4 shots per day and 4 finger sticks... I feel like a pin cushion, but at least it's working! The best part of the appointment was that they did a surprise ultrasound because they needed to document fetal heart rate and it was too early to do by doppler. Baby looks comfy and cozy in there, heart fluttering away! I have my first (long) OB appointment on Monday and am looking forward to learning more about their process and future appointments. Yay!

Broken I'd tell the mw about any mental health issues they are there to support you don't worry. Try and block him out of you can! And to me he says he wants you there for him not for the child! Can you tell him that you won't be coming from now on? Take it easy on yourself and try and relax. Xxx

Good luck for Saturday geebug I'm sure all is fine xx

I feel like actual crap today think I've got a bit of a belly bug or something my stomach feel terrible! I've felt sick most of the day and had a bad toilet this morning (sorry tmi!) I feel so yucky!!! 🤢 Roll on bedtime! X

I know I should tell mw, but I don't want this journey overshadowed by my mh. This could just be a blip and I'll be fine in a couple of weeks.

I wish I could say that, but we live in 2 separate cities, so by time I dropped DS off and went home it would be time to go back. I'm gunna see what he has to say next time. Nothing else I can do really.

I feel you on the bad tummy. I feel dreadful today. Really sick and awful.

Thank you to everybody who gave me words of kindness about my current relationahip situation about 30 pages back lol I'm trying to catch up as I've been sooo busy! Had my scan today baby was fine and measuring 9w1d which is what I thought ysaaay!

I'm just so happy baby was ok I'd mentally prepared myself for the worst so it was such a shock and relief. I was crying during the scan, I felt so silly!

Wasn't able to get a photo as I didn't release you have to pay for them and I didn't have any cash or cards on me :( drawbacks of using contact mobile payments for everything! I'll have to go much better prepared for the 12 week scan.

Hope your all doing Well!

I haven't said anything in forever xD Oops.

I've been so dead between work, being tired all the time and being a mom to ds. So I've been pretty much gone from the online world other than facebook.

I have a Sonoline B doppler at home but I haven't found baby's heartbeat yet. I always keep finding my own which is annoying :dohh: But I imagine my weight is probably not helping at all. Hopefully soon! If anything I have my first ultrasound on Monday which is exciting! I can't wait to see him/her <3

Sorry to hear so many of you have family troubles.

Congrats to those that have had scans and appointments and found heartbeats etc. It's all so exciting!

I was feeling absolutely dreadful monday and Tues with the most horrific intestinal cramps. Finally sent DH to buy me gripe water Tues evening and that's been helping to shift the gas which is what caused the pain.

We did our FB announcement today! Had loads of great responses and lots of shock and surprise as no one was expecting it at all which has been really cool.

IMG_20171011_102314.jpg

ETA: it says expected in April because although my due date is mid May I'm unlikely to get past mid April due to ic and previous pregnancy history

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->