May Marvels 2018

My almost 3 year old is a huuuuge Star Wars fan, and with this baby being a surprise and definitely our last, we decided to do a play on the new Star Wars movie coming out this year, The Last Jedi.

Traveling mom, that is so dang cute! Love it.

ahhhhh they're really in there (and there is really just one)

Every time I laughed, they did a little bounce a second or two later. Would not untuck their chin so the techs had a heck of a time trying to get an accurate crown-to-rump measurement. That seems like a fine bit of trouble to make at this age.

I think the first-trimester screening stuff that was supposed to happen didn't, so I suspect I'm going to have to go right back in within the next few weeks :roll:, but oh well. I'll crash into my nice little in-network deductible and we'll have very little to pay for labs/scans/etc. until January. (The tech said, "so you're not sure how far along you are?" and I went "uh, no, I'm 11 weeks today!" The form from my NP said "first trimester screening, dating" and somehow this turned into "unsure of dating" by the time we ended up at this appointment. US healthcare!!)

The tech also fabulously walked the line between personable and professional; she was technically a student but she must be almost done, she was so at ease. I appreciated her exclamation points!!

Also I had no idea how much clearer scans are on a screen than they are on a printout! The motion helps, too, but the printouts are like old photobooth pictures...only even blurrier. Whatever! BABY!!!!!

Their hands kept being up over their head; that second one there's a hand (!!) right up by their head. And there are feet EVERYWHERE

Attachments

• scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 10
  • scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 12
KItten what a great experience. Nothing better than having a good u/s tech!

Sorry it's been so hard for me to keep up. I've been really sick like I was with ds and it's been quite the chore to make it off my couch. Not to mention dh has had to work super late (he's on the verge of quitting) so I've been solo with ds and it's very tough.

Such cute announcements! I had the same due date with my first mc and we did a pumpkin announcement so sadly I can't do it again. We're going to do announcement after my next appointment, if it goes well. Which nothing has been wrong so I'm sure it will. No one really knows I'm pregnant except our parents so I feel like I have to hide out. My tummy definitely looks prego already haha.

I can't get the pic to attach but it's a onesie with "worth the wait" written on it with a pic of my us and the positive pregnancy test. I bought the onesie after my first mc.

Oh that's such a cute announcement traveling mom!

RnW, so exciting about one more week til you know the gender!
It also took my pathology lab about half an hour to figure out which tests to do and that was just the normal screening! Buy my gyne had written just two of the specific results he wanted and they only had the full first trimester screening test listed on their system (which covers a few different things).

Kittenlifter, yay! So awesome!

Mrs Hudson, I was gifted a onesie that said "my mommy says I was worth the wait" with the birth of my son. I love those! Your announcement sounds super cute.

All your announcements are just adorable! We ourselves don't make a social media announcement. Family and friends are all told face-to-face, except for those that we do not see regularly.

Having my first trimester screening this evening, so excited!

On the other hand, I am feeling absolutely dreadful this morning with a headache, dizziness etc.This week, I feel I have only been productive maybe half of my time at work. The other half I feel so meh that I am just sitting around waiting for it to get better, somehow.

These announcements are lovely!

I'm 10 weeks today! :happydance:

I've also had a headache since 2am that is still going strong. It woke me up its that bad. Ugh.

Love all the announcement ideas!

Kitten what a great scan!

Sorry about the headache broken but yay for 10 weeks!

Good luck for your scan this evening Chibi!

I'm loving all the announcements!! I'm in 2 minds weather to wait til our scan to announce which is what I normally do?!?!

Kitten glad you had such a lovely ultrasound! I hate it when they rush it!
Happy 10 weeks broken! 1/4 of the way!!!
Chi hope you feel better I hate that hungover feeling!!! Yuk!!!

I found babies hb again last night it was mixed in with mine this time but it really makes it seem real now and I can get more excited now!
Have felt quite uncomfortable lately and feel big already, my bumps tend to get very big!! Our last baby was 9lb 1! So I'm hoping for a slightly smaller baby which I dout I will get!! Lol.

Yay, so exciting it's already time for the first tri screenings to start!
enjoy your scan Chibi! Hope you feel a bit better again soon.

Broken - sorry you got woken with a headache. I too struggled to sleep last night thanks to a terrible headache. I had already taken pills before bed and was loath to take more but in the end I succumbed and took them anyway.

10 weeks today for me <3
Wondering when I will be brave enough to get a ticker!
Private scan tomorrow. xx

Loving all the Halloween themed announcements!!
We have decided not to tell family/friends till after the 12 week scan, so Bonfire Night. We are just going to copy the scan pic and have it put into cards &#8216;You&#8217;re going to be Grandparents/ an Auntie etc.&#8217;
Once they all know then I&#8217;ll think about a Facebook announcement but haven&#8217;t got that far yet.
I&#8217;m due on my birthday, and was told I wouldn&#8217;t be able to conceive naturally so feel like a real miracle for us xx

Hope this works. This was our social media announcement. Love all the other ones too!!

Attachments

• 4C1D88BA-F058-43DD-9544-5FC1F89365E2.jpeg
    4C1D88BA-F058-43DD-9544-5FC1F89365E2.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 2
Kittenlifter, yay! So awesome!

Mrs Hudson, I was gifted a onesie that said "my mommy says I was worth the wait" with the birth of my son. I love those! Your announcement sounds super cute.

Thank you! That sounds cute too! I wish I could get the pic too attach.

Part of me doesn't want to announce it at all but we have a lot of family and they don't communicate well so I figure then everyone knows at once.

I also didn't sleep a wink. I've been taking unisom and b6 to help with my ms but i felt fine last night and had a huge fiasco with ds so forgot to take it. So I didn't sleep because I didn't have the unisom and now I'm nauseous again.

Happy 10 weeks geebug! So special that not only have you conceived naturally when you were told you couldn't, but that the due date is now your birthday :cloud9:

Mrsstrezzy - that's super cute!

MrsHudson - I've taken to uploading images to imgbb.com and then using the BB code from that to paste them here. Works quite well.

Thank you Huggles! That worked.

https://preview.ibb.co/etcsbR/20171019_105508.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"