May Marvels 2018

Wicky lovely they have you a surprise scan!!! Sorry your a pin cousion at the moment!!!

Sasha I'm so pleased all was well!!!! Fantastic!!

Broken I hope all goes smoothly!!

Love the announcement huggles I've been trying to think of a way to announce ours?? Any ideas ladies??? Xx

Ricschick, another idea I saw that was cute was to line up a pair of shoes for each person in your house and write their year of birth in chalk below the shoes. Add a pair of baby shoes at the end with 2018 written below those.

There are also some cute ones for larger families, like if you're close to the number of players in a sports team you could make an "adding to the team" type announcement, or you get hubby and the kids to act like loons, where hubby's like holding one kid by the ankle, another on his back, one looking crazy, etc, and then write a comment along the lines of "as if we didn't already have our hands full, a new little one will be joining our family in May 3018".
Or you could lime your kids up oldest to youngest with you next to the youngest. They each lift up their shirt enough to show their tummies and you write a number on each tummy, with 1 for the oldest, 2, 3 etc until the youngest is 5, and then you write 6 on your tummy.

Otherwise google "cute pregnancy announcements large families" and check the images. There are a lot of cute announcements.
Also, being Halloween, you can set up a pumpkin for each person in the family, 2 large ones.for you and DH, small ones for each of the kids. Then your one you hollow out and carve a big opening on one side and place a small pumpkin inside it.

Ooh I'm just dyeing for sickness to go away. I've had some good days and then I get hit again. Hoping next week 12 weeks will be my magic number. It's been a rough 6 weeks on bed rest and having others take care of our family. Excited to face the world again! Not so keen to get back to work but it's too early for me to go on leave so I'll have to put up with it for a couple more months.

Getting excited for Halloween and Christmas too :)

I have a 12 week midwife appointment next week and it'll be the first time I hear the hb, and she'll give me my requisition to set up my 20 week ultrasound. A declined the dating scan so I'll only have on scan as long as everything is ok with the anatomy scan. We'll be finding out gender then too... I'm sure it's a boy but my girls keep saying it's a girl. That's what they want though so I'm not putting too much stock in it. Anyone have any inklings of gender? We've got out boy name picked out but struggling with girls names so that's why I think it's a boy!

Also, my sickness was so bad they labeled it HG at the hospital since I lost so much weight and needed to be rehydrated... and in the midst of that I though we could never have another baby because it was intolerable. But now that I'm ok my way out of it I'm rethinking number 4... uh oh that's bad lol.

Wicky lovely they have you a surprise scan!!! Sorry your a pin cousion at the moment!!!

Sasha I'm so pleased all was well!!!! Fantastic!!

Broken I hope all goes smoothly!!

Love the announcement huggles I've been trying to think of a way to announce ours?? Any ideas ladies??? Xx

I've seen some using those cute foil number balloons... like you have everyone in the picture and have a balloon that's the number 4 saying you're having baby number 4 :)

Reiko I'm leaning towards girl for us. I had very strong boy feelings with both my boy pregnancies and was right both times. This one I'm leaning more towards girl. The feeling isnt as strong as it was with the boys, but it's there nonetheless. I also used to be adamant I wanted another boy, not at all interested in having a girl, and now I'm much warmer about the possibility of a girl so I think that also points me to girl as my mind/body's way of preparing me.

I also love that we are all over the map (literally!) and can learn about systems and traditions in different countries. I just get frustrated by how little maternity leave we get in the US and that it's unpaid. DW said she's willing to move, but I told her that would be silly at this point. :haha:

Yes, this! I've become that person with our friends (& with my husband) who's like "AND DID YOU KNOW, IN THE UK..." (This is coupled with my continued, unsurprising but still totally soul-sucking, disappointment with the state of maternity leave in this country...or should I say the complete lack of anything that's mandatory paid leave. "Up to 12 weeks off unpaid as long as you work for a big enough company" is a crock.)

Broken I'd tell the mw about any mental health issues they are there to support you don't worry.

I know I should tell mw, but I don't want this journey overshadowed by my mh. This could just be a blip and I'll be fine in a couple of weeks.

I wish I could say that, but we live in 2 separate cities, so by time I dropped DS off and went home it would be time to go back. I'm gunna see what he has to say next time. Nothing else I can do really.

I feel you on the bad tummy. I feel dreadful today. Really sick and awful.

Ugh. <3 I hope you end up with a good enough rapport with your midwife that you can just tell her it's a thing, and you don't want to dwell on it, but sometimes it comes up. It's a real thing that affects you! I can't believe that dude is such a big baby.

Huggles, that is a DARLING announcement!! Love it.

My sister did a pumpkin announcement a few weeks ago: birth years for her & her husband on a couple pumpkins, 2015 (already??) on my niece's pumpkin, and April 2018 on the little one. It was darling. But now I'm thinking "PUMPKIN IN PUMPKIN?!" I loooooove carving pumpkins. And now we have a porch and proper steps and I kind of want, like, 8. (I would be so sick of pumpkin guts long before we were done, but still.)

Lovely announcement huggles! I haven't given an announcement any thought yet.

Our 12 week scan is on Halloween so we might try and do something Halloween related.

I know it shouldn't matter about gender but DH and I are desperate for a girl! So just because of that im sure im having a boy.

I have no strong feelings about the gender. It wasn't until a bit later on I became sure my son was a boy so I'm sure I'll feel one way or the other at some point.
Me and DH want a girl, but we're happy to have heathy living baby at this point.

Lovely announcement! At first I considered not announcing untill after 20 weeks but the more I think about it I don't think I'll announce it at all untill baby arrives :haha: the people I work with and see regularly will know becuase it hard to hid a bump but I've learnt from my loss that everybody wants to congratulate you when it's happy times and life is going great but during your dark hour when you really need somebody to reach out everybody is either 2 busy or doesn't know what to say. Just think I'll keep this bit of goodness to myself.

I'll be telling my work collueges either at 17 weeks after my gender scan or whenever I can no longer hid the bump lol as I'm not thin anyway I could probs get away with "I've put on alot of weight" for a few weeks. I also move to a different branch of my work place since my loss so I'll tell the people i used to work with at the aame time as they really helpped me during that time.

Got my 12 week scan date! 13th November when ill be 12w6d. And my 20 week scan date 2nd January. It seems so real now!

Thank you huggles I love the pumpkin idea too!! Il be 11 weeks at Halloween so I think il do something with that! If I wait til my scan on 11 Nov there wouldn't be a theme. Hmmm.................

Not sure on gender I swing from one to the other but with our track record it's likely to be a girl. I think I'd be surprised if it was a boy. Dh wants to go to a gender scan at 16 weeks so that will be nice.

I've woken to a sore back this morning, and my groan feels a bit achy too like crossing my legs isn't comfortable, il take it as a growth spurt. ??

The pumpkin announcements goes along these lines. I think it's cute.

ian-baby-announcement.jpg

Honestly I would have preferred to wait until after my 13 week scan to announce but I have to have a stitch put in like 5 days later (13 Nov) and I will need 2 weeks off work for bed rest after that, so I kind of need to give work warning. And then there are a lot of links between work and family and I just didn't want it all getting out there before I'd been able to announce myself, so I just went for it. It's been pretty cool though as no one was expecting it so we've had the total shock factor which has been awesome.

I hope the rest of you post your announcement pics on here. I love the creativity!
I have been talking about going to Vegas for my 40th for the past 3 years. I have about a dozen people who were committing to going and now I obviously won&#8217;t be. I think I might do an announcement something about the trip being cancelled. I&#8217;ll play around with it and see what I come up with.
As much as I want the Panorama test done I&#8217;m disappointed I won&#8217;t have an ultrasound at 12 weeks. The test is way more accurate but I REALLY want to see baby again. It will be just before Christmas before we see baby again. I may see if we can have one around 16 weeks. We lost my son at 17 weeks and anticipate anxiety setting in huge around then.

10 weeks! Wahoo!! And my stomach is definitely getting a little pudge. Lol

We announced to our parents with a foam pumpkin that I cut off the top for the "lid", cut out the middle, stuck the ultrasound inside, and then added a tag that says "Your Little Pumpkin" on it. Handed it to them and they were confused for a second... it was priceless seeing their reaction when it hit them :)

FB announcement has "Our Little Pumpkin due 5-17-18" on a chalkboard with a pumpkin and a pic of the ultrasound. :) haven't posted it yet though. Will probably wait till I hear the heartbeat again at 12 weeks.

brw - love how you announced to your parents!
Happy 10 weeks!

I love these pumpkin announcements. They're super cute. I'm probably going to just put scan pic with coming may 2018 on it. I'm super boring like that :haha:

Had my booking in app this morning. Opted not to tell midwife about mh issues because we did not get on. I'm hoping not to see her again. I told her I'm difficult to get blood out of and she tried to send me up to the hospital without even trying herself. I ended up getting a nurse at the gp to do it. I get to phone and book my scan on Tuesday though! Eeek!

Lovely announcement! At first I considered not announcing untill after 20 weeks but the more I think about it I don't think I'll announce it at all untill baby arrives :haha: the people I work with and see regularly will know becuase it hard to hid a bump but I've learnt from my loss that everybody wants to congratulate you when it's happy times and life is going great but during your dark hour when you really need somebody to reach out everybody is either 2 busy or doesn't know what to say. Just think I'll keep this bit of goodness to myself.

I'll be telling my work collueges either at 17 weeks after my gender scan or whenever I can no longer hid the bump lol as I'm not thin anyway I could probs get away with "I've put on alot of weight" for a few weeks. I also move to a different branch of my work place since my loss so I'll tell the people i used to work with at the aame time as they really helpped me during that time.

Got my 12 week scan date! 13th November when ill be 12w6d. And my 20 week scan date 2nd January. It seems so real now!

We're not doing a social media announcement. Anybody we really care to know knows us in real life and already knows we're pregnant! I don't really care that my old acquaintances that I never see should be following my pregnancy XP. My husband did comment on someone else's pregnancy announcement saying "oh just a month ahead of us!" Lol, that wasn't really kosher hijacking it but men just don't think of that!!

My almost 3 year old is a huuuuge Star Wars fan, and with this baby being a surprise and definitely our last, we decided to do a play on the new Star Wars movie coming out this year, The Last Jedi.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 13
I love that Star Wars announcement!!

I really wanted to do a pumpkin one but my scan is on 1st Nov and not sure it would have the same affect a day late haha!

Well after a 45 mins wait in the lab (the nurses weren&#8217;t totally familiar with the paperwork) and 6 viles of blood I know have a week wait until we find out if we are having a boy or girl! I&#8217;m so excited!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->