May Marvels 2018

Lovely scan pic geebug!!

I had a cyst mrs Hudson with our 4th baby but I didn't need surgery and they just kept an eye on it and it burst on its own. Is yours quite big then? X

Feeling better today but have a slow building headache boo!!
Dh wants a gender scan so we've booked one for the 9th Dec when il be roughly just over 16 weeks. And the best bit about it we can bring the children with us too which they will love!! 😃😃

Lovely scan pic geebug!!

I had a cyst mrs Hudson with our 4th baby but I didn't need surgery and they just kept an eye on it and it burst on its own. Is yours quite big then? X

Feeling better today but have a slow building headache boo!!
Dh wants a gender scan so we've booked one for the 9th Dec when il be roughly just over 16 weeks. And the best bit about it we can bring the children with us too which they will love!! 😃😃

It was larger than the baby. I looked at the report sent to my mw and it said it was about 6cm. They have to check it for size again and if it's grown more that's when they'd want to discuss surgery. I hope it bursts on its own. I get them frequently and they've always gone away on their own but this one is pretty big. It hurts when I lay on that side and in certain positions. I guess I'll have to see what happens but it makes me nervous.

So exciting ricschick!

I hope the cyst resolves itself mrshudson

Ugh having a really bad day where I'm really worrying about having a mmc. I have my mw Appt next Thursday to hear hb for first time.

Geebug that's an awesome scan!!

Reiko I worry about a mmc too. I can't conceive of carrying a healthy pregnancy after the last 3 times.

Beautiful scan Geebug!

Maybe I'll post my scan pic later. I'll have to take a photograph from the report. :) Anyway, baby is perfectly healthy and already measured 12 weeks at 11w 3 days! Caught up quite a lot from the last scan when the size was a couple days behind. Doctor told me to try not to gain too fast as I gained 2kg in the last month. Ahem, I am hungry! Mostly for fruit and veggies so I thought it would be ok. When I don't eat, I feel sick, so not sure what to change.

Doctor also had a look at the gender...she says 90% sure it's a boy....It was quite obvious really and that at not even 12 weeks! May I confess to you ladies that I struggle somewhat with being so wrong about the gender? I was SO sure that it's a girl. Never would have thought myself the type as I am quite practical-minded. However, we will have our next appointment in a month time and will see then. Keeping in mind that it is early days yet. Having to confess as well that I mostly mourn the shopping experience. We kept everything from our son so there is really no need to buy anything if it's another boy.

Oh wow Chibi that's so awesome that baby's caught up and is now ahead. That happened with both my boys which is why I always go by my dates and not early scan measurements.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much of most of the weight gain is from healthy things like fruit and veg. Everyone gains differently. However if majority of the gain is from junk food then I feel it's more important to watch it carefully.

Exciting about seeing it's a boy! I'm sure it must be quite a shock to be told it's the opposite of what you thought though. I'm sure over the next few days your mind will work through the change.
I was able to clearly see gender with both my boys at my NT scan which was just over 13 weeks. Was actually just wondering now when I woke up what the earliest is it can be seen as I'm really hoping to find out again at my NT scan which will be 13+1. Gyne told me 16 weeks but the assessment centre's equipment is far more sensitive than his so I know they can usually tell earlier.

Chi so glad the scan went well!! I thought it would be too early to see what baby is as the genitals are formed fully yet?

Ricschick, they're not fully formed but are often formed enough to get a good guess when using a high quality u/s machine. They can still be wrong though this early.

I just thought that because I was looking at some pics on google and at an early stage around 11 weeks the genitals are forming but they start out looking quite similar.

I just thought that because I was looking at some pics on google and at an early stage around 11 weeks the genitals are forming but they start out looking quite similar.

I am also not 100% convinced yet as I also think it's quite early to make a prediction like that. However I have to applaud the u/s machines nowadays. The baby is all of 5cm but on the screen you see it in like 40cm-size in all detail (they show you the u/s on a TV screen here). Was very impressed with seeing both sides of the brain inside the skull too!

Ugh having a really bad day where I'm really worrying about having a mmc. I have my mw Appt next Thursday to hear hb for first time.

I'm really struggling with this, too. I think it's mostly because it's been so long between appointments and any form of reassurance. My last ultrasound/appointment was almost 3 weeks ago and I still have over 2 weeks for my next one. There's just nothing to reassure me right now, so I'm struggling a lot. I'm hoping that maybe they can move my ultrasound up a little bit, but I'm doubtful because I think the doctor who's doing it is out of the office :dohh:

Beautiful scan Geebug!

Maybe I'll post my scan pic later. I'll have to take a photograph from the report. :) Anyway, baby is perfectly healthy and already measured 12 weeks at 11w 3 days! Caught up quite a lot from the last scan when the size was a couple days behind. Doctor told me to try not to gain too fast as I gained 2kg in the last month. Ahem, I am hungry! Mostly for fruit and veggies so I thought it would be ok. When I don't eat, I feel sick, so not sure what to change.

Doctor also had a look at the gender...she says 90% sure it's a boy....It was quite obvious really and that at not even 12 weeks! May I confess to you ladies that I struggle somewhat with being so wrong about the gender? I was SO sure that it's a girl. Never would have thought myself the type as I am quite practical-minded. However, we will have our next appointment in a month time and will see then. Keeping in mind that it is early days yet. Having to confess as well that I mostly mourn the shopping experience. We kept everything from our son so there is really no need to buy anything if it's another boy.

I'm glad you had a great scan, ChibiLena! That's so crazy that they can even guess at the gender this early.

I'll be honest, if this baby is another boy I'll probably go through a big adjustment and dealing with disappointment. It makes me feel horrible, but I so want another little girl. I've wanted another daughter since I lost my younger daughter. And since DH's only child is our DS, I would love for him to get to experience the other side of having a little girl, ya know? Don't get me wrong, I will be happy and thankful either way, but I really have it in my head that I want a daughter, so if this baby is a boy it'll take a little getting used to.

I also experienced a little gender disappointment when we found out DS was a boy, but after a few days I was super excited to have another son and I honestly wouldn't change him for anything. :flower:

Ladies help!! I have gone into panic mode!!

DH and I had sex this afternoon and ever since I have been bleeding it is not flowing out but there has been some in the toilet when I go to the loo and is bright red on the toilet paper! Touch wood no cramps but i am panicking big time!

We go on holiday on Tuesday and I am so worried now about the plane journey or miscarrying whilst abroad!

I think I am going to phone the EPU tomorrow morning when they open to try and get a scan and check with a midwife that I am still safe to travel.

Has any body else had this?

Gray light bleeding after sex, internal exams and such are common. There is a huge increase in blood flow at this time so more likely to cause this. I’m due for a Pap but my MW said we are going to hold off in case I were to bleed and cause unnecessary stress.
With all of my natural MC if I had blood I had uterine contractions, no cramps are a good sign.

Ladies help!! I have gone into panic mode!!

DH and I had sex this afternoon and ever since I have been bleeding it is not flowing out but there has been some in the toilet when I go to the loo and is bright red on the toilet paper! Touch wood no cramps but i am panicking big time!

We go on holiday on Tuesday and I am so worried now about the plane journey or miscarrying whilst abroad!

I think I am going to phone the EPU tomorrow morning when they open to try and get a scan and check with a midwife that I am still safe to travel.

Has any body else had this?

Aw I’m sorry you went through this! But the cervix can be really friable due to hormones! I have light pink/red tinged CM after straining for a I’m terrified of what would happen if I had sex, so I usually avoid it in pregnancy!

Just got back from my 10 week Scan! Eeeek.

https://i67.tinypic.com/2wfs6qq.jpg

Awww! Beautiful scan! Congratulations! Time is flying. Had my scan last Tuesday and I’m currently 12+1. Heart rate was in the 170s and the doctor said everything looks great! Now just waiting on the blood work to check for chromosomal abnormalities. Eeeeeks! I never feel old (almost 37) until I’m pregnant and they call me “Advanced Maternal Age” aka “Geriatric”.

Just got back from my 10 week Scan! Eeeek.

https://i67.tinypic.com/2wfs6qq.jpg

Awww! Beautiful scan! Congratulations! Time is flying. Had my scan last Tuesday and I’m currently 12+1. Heart rate was in the 170s and the doctor said everything looks great! Now just waiting on the blood work to check for chromosomal abnormalities. Eeeeeks! I never feel old (almost 37) until I’m pregnant and they call me “Advanced Maternal Age” aka “Geriatric”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->