May Marvels 2018

Just got back from my 10 week Scan! Eeeek.

https://i67.tinypic.com/2wfs6qq.jpg

Awww! Beautiful scan! Congratulations! Time is flying. Had my scan last Tuesday and I’m currently 12+1. Heart rate was in the 170s and the doctor said everything looks great! Now just waiting on the blood work to check for chromosomal abnormalities. Eeeeeks! I never feel old (almost 37) until I’m pregnant and they call me “Advanced Maternal Age” aka “Geriatric”.

I'm 40 so I feel you. The insurance intake lady called us "wise," so use that to correct them, ha.

Not good news from me. Baby only measuring 6 weeks with no heartbeat. They said they have to follow protocol and re-scan in a week to make sure nothing progresses but I am supposed to be 11 weeks so I know it's not good news and would rather it was just all over than have to wait another week.
Can't believe this has happened to us again I am completely heartbroken.

Oh my...heart breaks for you.
Wishing you good news in the not-too-distant future. :flower:

Well my baby names are getting shot down by my hubby! Well my girls name at least. I liked Gemma but he said it's too "out there" for him haha!

We've settled on Peter for a boy though :). Middle names from grandparents most likely, or relatives of some sort.

Gemma is too out there? Ha.
My girl will be Rigley.
My boy will be Riker.

My hubby has no say in the matter, rofl.

So I was very good over the weekend and feeling better.
I have to return to work today...and vomit 5 times brushing my teeth. UGH

I have planning 1st period but need homeroom (10 minutes) covered. Plus I live 40 minutes away, so the thought of the drive made me lie back down.

Made it through work and kids were fine (many missed me), but called in sub for tomorrow and Wednesday. Unfortunately, no one has picked it up and I feel I need to go in if not, since I hate my colleagues losing their planning to cover my class. I think my principal is losing her patience, which saddens me. I can't help it!

REALLY need nausea sitting in my throat to leave, and nausea/hunger/pain knot of fire in belly to go away.
Just let me get hungry and fat and happy and enjoy this pregnancy already!

Cheluzal-I like your girls name...very unique! I also have the same boys name, except spelled Ryker. I’m not 100% on it, but it’s one of my top favorites!

I’ve actually been feeling decent the past few days...meaning I only vomit a max of 2x(yesterday I actually didn’t vomit at all) and I don’t have constant nausea between vomits. I just ate a delicious piece of pumpkin cream cheese pie, but now my mouth tastes like ass. The hypersalivation thing is getting old...I basically have to have a cup with me at all times and spit every 30 seconds. The only time I don’t need to spit is when I’m eating, chewing gum, or sleeping.

Ugh the taste in my mouth is so gross too. I can't remember if that lasts the whole time, I hope it goes away. I can't drink water as it tastes disgusting!! So I'm drinking Perrier which isn't great but at least it's not full of sugar like juice. I'll be gettingGD so I need to watch my carb intake.

Just an interesting note for those that will be doing the gestational diabetes test later on, I was googling coffee in pregnancy again yesterday and came across an article that said make sure you don't have your daily cuppa right before the GD test as it could cause a false positive result.
So just something to keep in mind. Not exactly sure how it works, but I reckon it's worth waiting for coffee that day just to be sure.

Sorry for the depressing post, ladies, but it looks like I'll be leaving you all. :nope:

I woke up to bleeding this morning, went to my OB this afternoon. I had an ultrasound done and baby was measuring 9 weeks (I'm supposed to be 10+5) and its little heart was no longer beating :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm so beyond heartbroken and not even sure how to handle it.

I wish you all the very best and thank you for making my time as a May Marvel as great as it was :flower:

Reiko I had to break it to hubs that our girl name was un-useable now. He's not impressed because we both loved it and have no idea what to pick now.

I probably missed it but why is your name un-useable?

I found out it's the name an old friend chose when she transitioned from male to female a few yrs ago. I just feel a bit strange about it now. Like I'm taking her name yknow. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

I'm pretty sure we're having a private scan before xmas and I'm tempted to hang on until we find out the sex because we might not even need a girls name.

I am so so sorry to hear that Grey. Please take care of yourself!

Aidensxmomma, I am so sorry about your loss!

12 weeks today! Baby is the size of a ripe apricot according to ovia.

My potassium (Kalium) is a bit low according to my blood test results, so eating bananas, tomatos, oranges and peaches like crazy. If I then gain another two kg until next month I will blame the doctor, haha.

Rang to book my scan this morning to find its already been booked for me. Confusing.

Either way it's on the 9th of November. I'll be 13+3 by my LMP or 12+6 by my last scan. Heck it's all getting a bit real now.

Cheluzal-I like your girls name...very unique! I also have the same boys name, except spelled Ryker. I’m not 100% on it, but it’s one of my top favorites!

My husband is horrible at remembering names. He accidentally named Rigley when he was trying to remember Rumor Willis' name. (His name for Nagini from HP was Nimsi, ha!!)

I'm scared Riker is getting too popular. I'm not a fan of Y's in place of vowels. As a teacher, I see it being done too much, and since I have a very unique name I demand my child have one, too, rofl.

I'm 98% sure of Riker. I can't think of another unique and less-common boy name that isn't stupid to me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->