May Marvels 2018

I've missed loads again. I really need to check in more often! Lol

Name wise I'm going with Olive-Alicia for a girl and Joziah-Carter For a boy. Everybody in my family (including me) has double barreled first names so I'll be carrying it on!

My midwife tried to listen to the heartbeat today but we couldn't find it she did say it might be difficult becuase the baby is so low down so I'll just have to wait untill my 12 week scan! I hope everybody is doing well xx

I'm so very sorry aidensxmomma:(:( It seems like it's way too late in the game for this stuff to be happening.

Afm, after having some good days, I felt super sick all day yesterday. Threw up 3x, was very busy at work and then had to allow another nurse to job shadow me. She was very nice, but talked so much that I had trouble getting stuff done and didn't have the time to eat enough, so then I just felt horrible. Got home from working 11 hours and my son was crabby and whiny. Ay yai yai:dohh:

I'm excited because the midwives called me and asked if I could move my appointment to today at noon rather than tomorrow! So I get to hear heartbeat today yay!! :D:D:D

But I made myself a delicious breakfast and threw it up immediately after which wasn't pleasant. :(

Sorry for the depressing post, ladies, but it looks like I'll be leaving you all. :nope:

I woke up to bleeding this morning, went to my OB this afternoon. I had an ultrasound done and baby was measuring 9 weeks (I'm supposed to be 10+5) and its little heart was no longer beating :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm so beyond heartbroken and not even sure how to handle it.

I wish you all the very best and thank you for making my time as a May Marvel as great as it was :flower:

I am literally so unbelievably sorry. I’m 10+5 today and this is my biggest fear right now. Sending so so so much love xxxxx

Not good news from me. Baby only measuring 6 weeks with no heartbeat. They said they have to follow protocol and re-scan in a week to make sure nothing progresses but I am supposed to be 11 weeks so I know it's not good news and would rather it was just all over than have to wait another week.
Can't believe this has happened to us again I am completely heartbroken.

Sending so much love your way too. Xxxxx

So ecstatic. MW found the hb so quickly - 150 bpm. Probably just 90 seconds using the doppler total so she could time. She was very happy with how my uterus felt. Got my req for the 20 week scan so I can call and book it early to make sure we get the date that works best for us so DH can come.

I am so happy!! She said the baby was wiggling around in there too, yay :) My girls were with me and so interested in what she was doing. They have great toys there too and they didn't want to leave! SO excited to get into 2nd tri, leave sickness behind and get my cute little bump showing!!

Afm, after having some good days, I felt super sick all day yesterday. Threw up 3x, was very busy at work and then had to allow another nurse to job shadow me. She was very nice, but talked so much that I had trouble getting stuff done and didn't have the time to eat enough, so then I just felt horrible. Got home from working 11 hours and my son was crabby and whiny. Ay yai yai:dohh:

How are you able to work?
I am not handling nausea well, and it needs to go away!
I called in a sub for today and tomorrow...I can barely stand, let alone drive 40 minutes and teach middle school! Augh.

I don't think my admin is too happy but what can I do? This is a one-time deal that was really unexpected! I just need it to level off already so I can work more per week than be out.
I worry I'm going to be discriminated against in my final eval...like I can control this.

Sasha, sorry they couldn't find the heartbeat at your appointment. Hopefully they find it nice and quickly next time. I have read it's very much 50/50 whether they can find it before 12 weeks because of the positioning of baby.

Reiko, yay, sounds like you had an awesome appointment! So exciting! I hope you get the date you want for the 20 week scan.

Mrsstrezy and cheluzal, sorry you're both still feeling so rotten.

How are you able to work?
I am not handling nausea well, and it needs to go away!
I called in a sub for today and tomorrow...I can barely stand, let alone drive 40 minutes and teach middle school! Augh.

I don't think my admin is too happy but what can I do? This is a one-time deal that was really unexpected! I just need it to level off already so I can work more per week than be out.
I worry I'm going to be discriminated against in my final eval...like I can control this.

I have a desk job and do phone triage for a psychiatry clinic. I have my own office tucked away in the back, which is nice. I’m close to the bathroom. I sit for a majority of the day..it’s not a physically demanding job at all. If I still worked as a floor nurse in the hospital, I really don’t know how I would work...on my bad days anyway. Honestly being at work is probably easier than being at home with my 2 yr old, lol

Oh. And I only work 22-24 hours a week. I worked full time with my son through the sickness and it was tough..sometimes did more than 40 hrs a week. I feel for you...I really do. Most important thing is that you take care of yourself right now though...try not to worry about what other people are thinking although I know it’s tough. If you can’t stand, you can’t really work, lol

Chel you'll come out of it soon and then you'll be able to work the entire rest of your pregnancy -- so don't worry about taking the time off! You need to take it when you're sick! I don't feel guilty at all being off work ha!!

Once my HG hit I got a Drs note for the whole first tri! Due back at work Nov 1 and am actually ready to go, or I will be in a week and a bit. Still getting sick around 7 at night but the latest I work is 8 so I can ask them to cut my shift one hour short. I would way rather be at home with my kiddos (although I only work 2 shifts a week) but I get my year off in a few months so I can push through a bit longer.

Reiko so glad your appointment went so well!!

Cheluzal don't worry about what they say or think! They clear don't understand and it's not forever so don't worry.

I tend to feel worse in the morning feel like I have a hangover lol!!

I seem to be mostly ok at work but at night I feel awful! I’m sooo tired it’s unreal and every night I feel like I have a horrible hangover! Urgh this bit totally sucks.

So sorry to hear about the losses, gutted for you 😭

I’ll update the front page asap, I’ve been a bit slack as been so tired at night.

12 week scan next weds! Got a wedding to go to Saturday (my boss) and lots of work ppl will be there, so I’ll need to try and conceal my non drinking! Sucks as there’s free wine 😂

Ladies we have to be close to feeling better...right?!
I decided to start lessening the number of Diclectin I’m taking (was 4). 2 days ago I lessened to 3. It’s making be absolutely exhausted so I thought dealing with a ‘little’ nausea was the lesser of the 2 evils. Well today I started heaving in my car and threw up in a plastic container I had on the seat (thank goodness-might have been my lap). It came on so quick I hardly had time to pull over.
I feel fine now but I guess I’ll have to gauge how I do. I have been falling asleep when I’m home alone with my 4 yr old which isn’t too safe. I know the meds make you tired but this is ridiculous!

I have to add I have watched a couple movies in the last week with women that are pg and I LOVE how they show them with this perfect little vomit in to something and then they are done! I was retching like nobody’s business, tears streaming down my face making the most grotesque noises. There was nothing screen-worthy about it lol.

lol I no on screen it all looks so glam doesn't it! Lol in real life there's sickness, sweating and tons of cm lovely!!! Not to mention how you turn into a crazy person while giving birth!!

Emzy I've given up now trying to hide it! It's impossible! I've heard the hb several times now including this morning so I'm just going to be positive and if I'm asked il be honest! 👍🏻

I'm still keeping things under wraps until my scan. I mean everyone close knows, but I don't want strangers knowing just yet.

Did anyone else suffer with PGP last preg? Or has it started for anyone yet? Last couple of days have had shooting pains down the back and front of my left thigh and up into my crotch (tmi sorry) I thought it was sciatica but I've done a bit of research and it sounds like PGP. Should I wait to see my midwife or go to my gp do you think?

Yes I had pgp both times, badly last time! I was off sick from 19 weeks til the end last time as it was horrible! I had weekly physio from 19 weeks til Evie was 18 months old. My hip kept popping out of its joint and I’d fall over. I’m getting mild pain in my hips now and hoping so hard that it doesn’t get as bad as last time! My advice is to get a referral for physio ASAP when you start getting pain as it can take a while. I was referred at 25 weeks when pregnant with Holly and wasn’t seen until 36 weeks, at which point they said it’s too late! So as soon as I got pain last time I asked midwife for a referral and was seen weekly which was good.

Just noticed baby is a lime yay! Feeling lots of flutters now, love it 😊

Rics chick I’m surprised no one has said anything as I’m obviously pregnant now haha! My belly has popped right out! They must just think I’m getting fat 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->