May Marvels 2018

Cheluzal have you started a registry yet? That might give you something to focus on that brightens you up a bit? Retail therapy does wonders for me lol.
Thank you for the suggestion. :flower:
I have oodles in my amazon cart BUT we have to be moved to the new house by next Monday! Hubs has been making trips but now he has a bad cold (yikes). Movers come Monday for last, big stuff...and I haven't been helpful.

In fact, been off work yesterday and today with a minor setback...hope it's minor. 13 weeks on Friday and need to feel better already!

Once we move, I can buy a piece at a time. Hubs won't let us get early gender (and I denied genetics) because he insists we wait until December's 20 week so we can open it in DC for Christmas. He's winning so little in this baby game, rofl, I have to let him have this one.

chel, hang in there. Situational depression is still depression. Hoping you have some good support around (husband & others)? <3
I've never experienced true depression before. I'm coming out of it and I'll be fine, but being stuck inside/in bed for over 5 weeks was brutal.

Husband is a saint and doing everything! And I have a few close friends I talk/text to daily, but I try not to burden them too much. That's why I like this place. A place to vent of people in the exact same spot as I.

Being 40, most of my friends' kids are starting high school, rofl.

Just giving an update : I got back from my doctors appointment. Heartbeat is 160 and I don't have an ultrasound until 20 weeks (I'm 12 weeks tomorrow) since I've already had my dating scan and also another ultrasound and they don't like to do ultrasounds unless medically neccessary. I did hear the heartbeat, and get blood work done and a pap smear..and I spot a very tiny bit afterwards ugh.

Officially pushing out of my fat jeans now. I have super popped this week, I look 20 weeks already! The girls at work were shocked haha. So maternity pants it is -- only I have no bum so it's hard to keep them up without a waist now either :/

Huggles<<<< my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope it all resolves itself! Congratulations on team :pink:

Huggles, hoping everything turns out as boring as it can. Thinking of you. :flower:

Is anyone committing to any names yet? I think I nailed Dh down. Peter James for a boy and Summer Anne for a girl.

We are SO STUMPED on names. Tons of girl ideas. Zero boy ideas, still. I'm so impressed with folks who have already narrowed it down or decided!

I have oodles in my amazon cart BUT we have to be moved to the new house by next Monday! Hubs has been making trips but now he has a bad cold (yikes). Movers come Monday for last, big stuff...and I haven't been helpful.

Having JUST finished moving a few weeks ago, I feel you on this one! My acupuncturist asked a few weeks ago how moving was going; she hoped I wasn't doing too much lifting. I said my husband had really been doing everything, and I...uh, had been saying "thank you" a lot. She was delighted. Told me gratitude was super good for the baby. "Happy baby. Smart baby." I dropped a lot of "hey sorry I was useless" guilt that day (and I wasn't feeling NEAR as lousy as you). Highly recommend viewing it as an opportunity to practice gratitude!

chel, hang in there. Situational depression is still depression. Hoping you have some good support around (husband & others)? <3
I've never experienced true depression before. I'm coming out of it and I'll be fine, but being stuck inside/in bed for over 5 weeks was brutal.

Husband is a saint and doing everything! And I have a few close friends I talk/text to daily, but I try not to burden them too much. That's why I like this place. A place to vent of people in the exact same spot as I.

Being 40, most of my friends' kids are starting high school, rofl.

Cabin fever is the worst. And having peers in a similar place is the best. Win some, lose some!

As for us...we had our NT scan today! Or, uh, we were supposed to. Oh my goodness, I am so annoyed AGAIN.

So we're working with really great homebirth midwives, having transferred stuff over from my primary care folks at ~9 weeks. And all the ultrasounds/labwork are at the hospital real close to us. A few crossed wires so far, but seemed fine.

First ultrasound should have been a screening scan, but was just dating. (I now know why and it's for irritating reasons that seem like they should have been caught. Whatever.) This scan ALSO should have been an NT scan, but a few weeks ago, the hospital's scheduler was so determined to get us back to back appointments (ultrasound & genetic counselor) that she pushed us out to the "last possible day." Spoiler! It's already too late. This little bud is literally, like, two millimeters too long now. SIGH

So we're doing other stuff. And we got to see this kid again, and that was legit cool, and our tech was awesome and printed a zillion photos, and WHOA they are so much bigger than they were three weeks ago.

Also our genetic counselor was just awesome, super knowledgeable, adapted quickly to the fact that we're both super curious about everything. (We are very "more knowledge means more calm" people.) Learned more about a heart rhythm disorder that I have (never shown any symptoms, but it came up with my brother, so I got tested). Turns out pregnancy can do weird things with it, too! And I had no idea (or forgot?) it's a dominant trait, so.

Oy. So glad I took the afternoon off work entirely.

Kittenlifter - sorry you again couldn't get an NT measurement. So annoying they made with too late . So glad the genetic counselor was great though and you got a good scan and good info.

Huggles hope everything turns out ok today!!! My sister inlaw had a scan when she was pregnant with her boy and In one side of his head didn't have enough water but thankfully it all caught up with itself. I really hope it was just a bad angle.
What time is your scan? Xx

Kitten how annoying they couldn't do the nt part of the scan!! Silly people!!

Huggles-I wish you the best at your appointment. Hopefully it is an issue that will resolve itself and not require any additional interventions. Congrats on the girl though! Send some of those pink vibes my way:)

Cheluzal-good luck with the move. I am SO happy ours is over. It was giving me so much anxiety with how sick I felt. It will be over before you know it.

Kitten <<< sorry you didn't get to take measurements for NT, but glad baby looked good! Share some pix!!!

Claire <<< Happy 12 weeks :flow:

Happy humpday ladies xx

My journey here is over :cry:
Heart problems are seriously major, not really compatible with life, with no chance of a good outcome. Will have to now face termination :( have to see gyne tomorrow to discuss.

Oh huggles I'm so so sorry! I can't imagine what your going through. I'm so sorry I'm heartbroken for you I really am. Xxxxxxxx &#128549;

Oh huggles I am so so sorry to hear that! Nobody should have to face that!

Oh Huggles..... Can't find the right words to express my sadness...
Will be praying for you, for comfort in this devastating time.

God bless~

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"