May Marvels 2018

Fingers crossed Ricschick! Everything will be grand. Sending you some fidget baby vibes!

Yay for the scans! GL ricschick!!

Glad your mind is at ease now Broken. It is scary at this point when you can start to see things wrong. I hope my 20 week scan is all good as well.

Last night I had a dream I had triplets!!! ... then realized I was watching This Is Us right before I went to bed XP

Thank you Reiko. I think it was combo of Huggles' awfully sad news and my own paranoia that things have gone wrong so many times I didn't believe it could go right.

Even now, I've seen baby 3 times and I know they're here and okay it still doesn't feel real. I'm hoping it'll feel more real once I start feeling real kicks but I suspect I won't believe I'm having my rainbow until they're in my arms.

We've booked our 20 week scan for the 19th of Dec. (I'll actually be 19 weeks but hey ho) because we got in before Christmas we've opted not to go private and save the money.

We also got our old pram out today to check it over. We ummed about buying a new one but I think ours just needs a good clean and some wd40 and it'll be grand.

Broken were scan buddies! Dec 19 too! I think 2:15 for us.

Afm I have to laugh at my boobs... my girls both nursed for 18 months and after why we're done I basically weighed nothing so I had no boobs! I forgot that pregnancy changes them so much -- it and hilarious to see themmoverflowing my bra after so long of them being itty bitty XD

Scan buddies! Mines at 4pm. Got to ask my dad to watch DS so DH can actually come to all the scan. They were pretty much booked up all over Christmas.

Omg my boobs were pretty big to begin with, now it's a joke! Hubs has never been happier :haha: still won't have sex with me though :dohh:

All was great!! Baby was wriggling and kicking away!! It really was lovely!! Measurements all look good too. She put me forward by 5 days so baby is due on the 19th may now.
20 week scan booked for the 2nd January :happydance:
IMG_7029.jpg

Yay ricschick!

I delcine genetic testing except the 20 week anatomy scan but I will get one to my stupid cyst Tuesday. I'm sure I'll get a peak at the bubs.

I seriously might cry today. All week I've been sick and I'm so over it! I'm wondering if this is a peak before it peters out once I turn 12 weeks. I just can't do this anymore. It's so awful. I haven't thrown up today but I feel like I should in hopes I'll feel better. I'm trying to clean upstairs and I keep having to stop. I'm so done with this :cry:

Thanks everyone it's such a relief!!

Hope you feel better Mrs Hudson!

Beautiful pic ricschick!

Mrs I’m sorry you are feeling so crappy! Even though I’m better than I was I still have moments of gagging and nausea that are pissing me off.

MrsHudson I'm so sorry! I really hope you're better in the next few weeks... it's so hard!!

Ricschick what a cutie!! I do have to guess pink though eep!! They are still messing with due dates at these scans?? That is so silly!! They better not do that at my 20 week!!

Huggles- NO!!! I seriously thought it was going to be nothing. I am so sorry. It’s extremely unfair that you have to go through this.

MrsHudson- sorry about your sickness. I’m having a bad day mentally myself. I told myself I wouldn’t get upset when I hit 12 wks and the sickness was still around. But I’m upset anyway. The past two days have been absolutely awful. I’m a useless human being because of the nausea and I feel like my whole family is suffering because of it. I don’t understand how the sickness can still be bad at this point...aren’t we done having hormone surges? Isn’t the placenta supposed to be functioning?

Huggles- NO!!! I seriously thought it was going to be nothing. I am so sorry. It’s extremely unfair that you have to go through this.

MrsHudson- sorry about your sickness. I’m having a bad day mentally myself. I told myself I wouldn’t get upset when I hit 12 wks and the sickness was still around. But I’m upset anyway. The past two days have been absolutely awful. I’m a useless human being because of the nausea and I feel like my whole family is suffering because of it. I don’t understand how the sickness can still be bad at this point...aren’t we done having hormone surges? Isn’t the placenta supposed to be functioning?

I know with my first I was sick until 26 weeks. Vomited EVERY DAY from week 5 - week 26!! With my second I probably only threw up around 10 times and I was better by 16 weeks. Who knows what's causing it! It's not HCG at that point! I had crazy high HCG this time so I'm sure that's why I had HG and it's gotten a lot better since placenta started up. Still feeling yucky though but I wonder if it will completely clear at 16 weeks like it did last time. Oh how I wish! I could still throw up nightly if I wasn't fighting it so much. It's hard when you have other little ones around because you end up neglecting them so much!

Broken & ricschick, so glad to hear the good news about your scans!

And ricschick, so funny that they moved your due date...found out a couple days ago that the first ultrasound had moved my due date 5 days earlier, but no one ever told me, and I'm pretty sure of when I ovulated, so the midwives are going off that...we'll see. Part science, part magic.

MrsHudson, hope you feel better soon! It's like the end of the first trimester figures it had better get its kicks in now. Hrmph.

Over here...our cat continues to get cuddlier, especially in the morning, especially on my hands at the computer. Oh well.

Had another midwife appointment today with one of the ones we hadn't met yet; she's also a nutritionist so we talked food and nutrition. Given my probable-PCOS (the OB I saw, the second time I saw her, shrugged and said "yeah that seems pretty possible" when I asked her if she'd screened me for PCOS; no one has given me an official diagnosis), she wants to be really proactive about blood sugar. Everything's been fine so far, but it's easier to work on it now than at 28 weeks!

She suggested getting a glucometer if I want, and ignoring that idea if I don't. But it's an opportunity to do science so I think I'll give that a shot. Someone in here had experience with them...Reiko? Would love any info or advice you have!

CanNOT figure out how to have productive work days when I have midwife or ultrasound appointments. At least they're not frequent.

Thank you ladies so much for sympathizing with me. I'm so grateful to be having what seems to be a healthy pregnancy but first tri and even half of second is the pits. I feel guilty because I snap at ds and can't do things with him like I used to. I just need it to end.

Reiko I was the same with ds so that keeps me grounded. This pregnancy isn't that bad but I also have a toddler now and can't just lay around like I want.

KItten yes I've been taking my blood sugars for 3 pregnancies now so lots of experience with that. It's given me lots of peace of mind this time around, I am still on s normal diet and even eating lots of carbs and I haven't had any high readings yet. I didn't last time until 20ish weeks so I'd expect similar this time, but I still check because I've heard stories of early 2nd tri diagnosis of GD. As soon as I start getting highs I will take my 2 hr GTT to get a GD diagnosis and then I can be referred to the dietician if I like but I doubt I'll use her.

It's super easy to do and just feels like a pin prick on your finger. But if you're purchasing one without a prescription/insurance to cover it it's expensive. That would be the only downfall in my opinion. Test strips are close to 80 cents each so if you're taking it a couple times a day it adds up.

It's good that your mw wants to be proactive because even slightly high sugars if going unnoticed will pack the pounds on your baby. My sister was a labour and delivery nurse (she's in pediatrics now) but she said she saw lots of moms who were undiagnosed GD and really big babies.

Is everyone feeling kicksnow? I still can't feel this stinkin babe at all. Bellys growing so I know the babe is doing ok but wondering if there's other concerns why I wouldn't feel movement yet!!

Sorry to hear about your misery Mrs.Hudson :hugs: don't feel bad about being snappy with DS, he won't remember a thing. Nothing but joy once he obtains the title of "BIG Brother" hope its gets better soon. I've also been snappy this pregnancy and I felt so guilty to let my frustration out on my girls. I've actually prayed for patience and I swear, I never been calmer in my life! xx

I've been feeling movement since mid 11 weeks, barely tho, and also not daily. In the last few days it's been more intense.

Reiko I’m not feeling anything yet due to the anterior placenta. With dd and ds2 I felt noticeable bubbles from 12-13 weeks on. If I really concentrate I feel an odd quivering that I believe to be baby because it’s in the eve after I eat but I might be trying too hard to feel something and making it up lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->