May Marvels 2018

Sending positive thoughts Broken.

Ds had the flu since Saturday night. Yesterday was the worst and he seems better today. I had to drag him out to my mw appointment yesterday and had my mom come to help. Poor guy was not happy. I had a new mw and she did all my blood work including the early glucose. She couldn't find my vein (it was just her) so she did it from my wrist. Then she couldn't find babies hb and called in an experienced mw to help she found it within a few minutes. Hopefully i dont have her in labor. They suspect I have an anterior placenta as well but not sure.

I have been feeling baby here and there. I haven't told anyone cause I think they'll think I'm crazy but every now and then I'll feel little fishy flopping feeling and it's very fleeting. Usually at night but not every day. I was pleased to see they found the hb in the same spot I feel it. It's slightly above my pubic bone and it feels like it's in the middle of my body not close to the surface if that makes sense. I felt ds pretty early but this is really early.

Oh and I have scan appointment this afternoon to check on that cyst. Wish me luck so I don't need surgery! Dh gets to come so he's excited.

Afm this morning I am going to pickup my double stroller!! It's practically brand new and she's giving it to me for half off which is awesome. I have a single one that I need to sell now so hopefully I can get a bit of cash for it to come out close to even.

I doubt the baby will use the stroller because I love to babywear and my older 2 are lazy bums haha. They are excited to sit beside each other.

And my belly is huge. Just massive. I don't know if I'll get bigger this time around or if I'm just getting there quicker. I've got itchy belly -- what's your best cream for moisturizing and hopefully preventing stretch marks? With my first I used palmers but I can't remember what I used last pregnancy! No stretch marks yet!

MrsHudson GL with your scan!! Hope the cyst is resolving. And that you don't have that mw in labour... I know they have to start somewhere but having an experienced mw is so reassuring!!

Broken I'd really suspect the sch too. I've had one before and they do bleed really red. Did they tell you at your scan how big it was? Like mm or cm? I am praying hat little babe is safe and sound xx. Kind of annoying to wait 2 days for s scan tho :/

At my NT scan, they noted it as 9.5 x 5.9 x 1.2cm. Which sound pretty big to me. But I don't know anything about it other than they said it might bleed brown blood a little. Not it would wake me up at 4am pouring out of me.

DH has work that day too, and they've booked me in an hour and half before my son finishes school, and the hosp is minimum half hour away from home. So DH is trying to swap his shifts and we're having to pay out more in travel to get home in time for DS school. It's all very stressful. I'm just hoping and hoping it's nothing serious.

Good luck with your cyst MrsHudson. Fingers crossed you don't need surgery. I hope your DS feels better soon!

Yay for new stroller Reiko! Next yr I need to get mine out and give it all a good scrub. I like it though, it's a travel system with carry cot and such, although I do plan to get a wrap and babywear too. Mostly cos a lot of mums are school are "grabby" and I'm not into it.

MrsHudson GL with your scan!! Hope the cyst is resolving. And that you don't have that mw in labour... I know they have to start somewhere buht having an experienced mw is so reassuring!!

Thank you! I know you're right but the older mw just makes me feel so much more confident. I love her. I'm kind of weird with stuff like this and always want more of a mother figure and she was definitely younger than me. She made several other mistakes too. Maybe it was just an off day.

I don't think we'll do a double stroller. I wore ds until he was about 6 months so I think I'll do that again and let him use the stroller for big outings. I need to get a ring sling for around the house.

Oh! I don't know if you have it there but I use Burts Bees Mama Bee belly lotion. It works well. Don't worry reiko I'm pretty massive too. My SIL (whom I dislike very much) kept asking how far along I was because I'm showing so much. I wanted to smack her.

MrsHudson GL with your scan!! Hope the cyst is resolving. And that you don't have that mw in labour... I know they have to start somewhere buht having an experienced mw is so reassuring!!

Thank you! I know you're right but the older mw just makes me feel so much more confident. I love her. I'm kind of weird with stuff like this and always want more of a mother figure and she was definitely younger than me. She made several other mistakes too. Maybe it was just an off day.

I don't think we'll do a double stroller. I wore ds until he was about 6 months so I think I'll do that again and let him use the stroller for big outings. I need to get a ring sling for around the house.

I found I got on better with the younger midwife at my surgery. The older one just wasn't my kind of person and didn't get my humour really. Also I was her first appointment of the day and she spent most of the booking app complaining about the surgery and the computer systems. I'm seeing the younger one next time and I'm looking forwards to it tbh.

It all comes down to what you need doesn't it. I use humour to mask pain and concern so I need someone who will chat and laugh with me, not be all serious. I hope you get a midwife you're comfortable with in labour. It can absolutely chance your labour experience to have someone you get on with.

Good luck with your cyst MrsHudson. Fingers crossed you don't need surgery. I hope your DS feels better soon!

Yay for new stroller Reiko! Next yr I need to get mine out and give it all a good scrub. I like it though, it's a travel system with carry cot and such, although I do plan to get a wrap and babywear too. Mostly cos a lot of mums are school are "grabby" and I'm not into it.

You'll like wearing baby when you have an older child a lot. Makes getting around a lot easier without bringing your stroller with you. Your sch does sound big so I'm not surprised at the bleeding. Mine was only 4mm and it bled a little but not a lot. So that big I can see why it would bleed that much.

I'm going to be asking lots of questions on Thursday. I want answers and info. This has been alarming as heck.

Cheluzal-I was horribly sick for two days after we moved. I know that I overdid it; I was constantly active the entire day with moving stuff, and my body just doesn't seem to like that. Sorry you felt so miserable.

Afm, week 12 was seriously a shit week for the nausea. Saturday I threw up 5x, which was a record for me. I seem to be on an "every other week" rotation. One week is manageable, the next week is so miserable I literally just wish I was dead. Yesterday I was feeling ok and was actually able to take my son to the library for a play date with one of his little friends. I was so happy to see him having fun and playing; poor kid has been stuck inside of the house a lot with me. Praying that things let up over the next 7 days, as next week I'll be in 2nd tri. please please please morning sickness go away!!

Girl...preach!! I cannot take this much longer or I will do something that makes the news, rofl.
I hate water again (joy) and am not getting as much liquid a day as needed. Apple and grape juice are my staples, but man the sugar.

I'm forcing something in me every 2 hours. Apples are what I live on but I'm getting sick of all food. I just want an appetite and that icky taste to go away! Last night, in the new house, was the first time hubs and I slept in the same bed in almost 3 months!

It all comes down to what you need doesn't it. I use humour to mask pain and concern so I need someone who will chat and laugh with me, not be all serious. I hope you get a midwife you're comfortable with in labour. It can absolutely chance your labour experience to have someone you get on with.

I hear ya! I'm very sarcastic with a straight face. Met a new, male OB today and he was funny and got me and zinged it back. The lady before didn't get me when I told her, "If you suggest ginger I will kick you." lol I mean-don't you think I've tried that?

I have a couple more in the practice to meet, and aside from the non-funny one who would not sign me off on a leave even though it's paid at work (no...I'm not bitter...), they've all been great. Praying I get a good one at birth!

Broken - I have a sch this pregnancy too! The blood is always so scary, even when I've been told to expect it. My doc actually didn't tell me all that much about it when they told me that's what I have, so I ended up joining a support group on facebook. I'd say as long as there's no cramping, all is probably fine. Bleeding can mean that it's taking care of itself. Sending you positive thoughts xx

I hear ya! I'm very sarcastic with a straight face. Met a new, male OB today and he was funny and got me and zinged it back. The lady before didn't get me when I told her, "If you suggest ginger I will kick you." lol I mean-don't you think I've tried that?

I have a couple more in the practice to meet, and aside from the non-funny one who would not sign me off on a leave even though it's paid at work (no...I'm not bitter...), they've all been great. Praying I get a good one at birth!

That was the first midwife I saw, she got it straight away. Second midwife seemed a bit baffled by me. I've seen lovely midwives at the hospital.

I have no idea who I'll see at birth. Probably a total stranger, it was with DS. I just hope they're nice like DS's midwife was. She stayed over her shift to stay with me until he was delivered. Lovely lady.

Broken - I have a sch this pregnancy too! The blood is always so scary, even when I've been told to expect it. My doc actually didn't tell me all that much about it when they told me that's what I have, so I ended up joining a support group on facebook. I'd say as long as there's no cramping, all is probably fine. Bleeding can mean that it's taking care of itself. Sending you positive thoughts xx

Thank you. I wasn't given any info at all. Mostly cos the scan that detected it, didn't measure it so they thought it was small. But judging by the blood and sizing it flipping isn't!
I'm just going to ask as many questions as I can on Thursday.

Pretty pleased over here. Got this mint condition stroller less than a year old for less than half of the store cost :D:D:D My girls love it!

MrsHudson - what kind of carriers do you use?

I want to get a ring sling this time. My friend owns a company where she makes them so I can get her to help with the learning curve! She makes the most amazing linen ones. I will have a hard time choosing a colour.

Reiko that's a great stroller!!

I've been recommended a Baby K'tan sling by a few friends. So I think I'm going to go with that. I'm completly new to baby wearing, I never wore my son but I just think it's going to be much easier with a 6 yr old to have a sling.

Bleeding has massively slowed down now. Just when I wipe. So that's a huge relief.

ETA: I typed that and then there was a big gush of blood. Toilet was absolutely dark red.
Then I stood up and 100% felt baby. Felt very much like being pushed from the inside. Right where baby is. I'm taking it as a win. I'm holding on to that being baby saying everything is okay in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->