May Munchkins 2019

Sweet LMAO @ talking to your belly button! :rofl:

On another note, just wondering - anyone in here been put on Diclegis for morning sickness?

12 weeks today ladies. I’m so happy for this as I’ve had some spotting throughout this pregnancy and I really thought everything was going horribly wrong.

Sweet, FX for a boy. It will be interesting to see if all your LO are right in their predictions. My boy doesn’t really care just yet, I think it will start to get real for him when we start telling others and it becomes somewhat more of a discussion all around.

Have a great weekend!

Bella, not personally but I wish you the best luck on it!

Keepin I'm so sorry about the spotting. I know it can be absolutely terrifying but I'll be wishing you and your LO the best. Congratulations on 12 weeks:happydance:

Keepin - Awesome!!! Congrats on 12 weeks! :o) Is that officially 2nd tri?? I always felt like 12 weeks was the "telling" time... are you shouting from the rooftops now? :)

Keepin - Awesome!!! Congrats on 12 weeks! :o) Is that officially 2nd tri?? I always felt like 12 weeks was the "telling" time... are you shouting from the rooftops now? :)

I am counting it as 2nd tri, not sure if it is though, as 40/3 doesn’t exactly amount to 12

I am so, so ready to tell the world, but I have to wait for the NT on Wednesday. If all goes well, I’ll tell my boss then and the rest of the world during the upcoming Fall holidays. If NT isn’t great I’ll have to wait a week or so for the NIPT results but I’m keeping my FX that doesn’t happen

We’ve told our parents already so I have my mom to chat with. I really need an outlet for all that’s happening right now :)

Oh I get that! I was dying just waiting 3 days to tell my mom in person! I found out on a Monday and we were already seeing her on Thursday, so we just waited.... longest 3 days of my life!!! LOL! My mom is my best friend though, & I talk to her every day. It was tough to keep a secret from her!

Congrats keepin 12 weeks is definitely that key milestone.

My mum knew I was pg before I did. As soon as I found out, apart from DH of course, she was the first to know. And having been through 5 pregnancies and this hopefully will be baby number 2, I know I would need my mum if all went wrong. She is of course really excited for May. Probably more than me!

Congrats keepin 12 weeks is definitely that key milestone.

My mum knew I was pg before I did. As soon as I found out, apart from DH of course, she was the first to know. And having been through 5 pregnancies and this hopefully will be baby number 2, I know I would need my mum if all went wrong. She is of course really excited for May. Probably more than me!

Bella, Flou, I agree - moms are our rocks! I can’t imagine keeping it from her. But from what I can tell she is having a hard time not telling all her friends I’m sure she will wait but this waiting is annoying her more than me

I am so incredibly tired!!! This morning, I woke up, came downstairs and made breakfast all so I could pass out on the couch!!!! It wasn't a little nap either :haha:

I want to be in second trimester noooow. We are getting so close to it. I also miss coffee. I am craving frozen coffee really bad. I will likely give in because I am beyond cranky.

Hi ladies will try to catch up with you all more later. Sorry I disappeared this weekend we ended up doing a family get together for Halloween. Lots of fun and I think we finally have a boy's name picked out :happydance: . Next month is going to be a blast!

Xsweet aren’t you having any coffee AT All? I wouldn’t dare go cold turkey, I only manage on one instead of three. But I would be useless at work without my coffee.

Conundrum that’s great, already having decided on a name. My DH doesn’t even want to discuss it until we get our NIPT back, of course making things easier for him with one gender only. For that reason, I sort of hope it’s a girl because we had trouble last time finding at least one boys name we both liked. Do you know the gender already?

OMG Coffee...... I miss coffee. It makes me sick though, so I had to give it up :cry:

Keepin I also have to have a coffee or soda. No we don't know the gender yet our appointment for it has been set to November 15th, but we start way early since we tend to argue horribly over names due to clashing tastes. So as long as DH doesn't change his mind a dozen tries this go, we should be ready for either :haha:

Bella have you tried decaf or a low strength brew?

I had to quit coffee because it was making me sick as well. I may have to give it another go though because I just can't stay awake. Work is torture without it!

Conundrum - no, it's not the caffine that bothers me. I actually was told by my midwife that decaf is bad for pregnancy. Did some research - the water method of decafinating is fine, but most brands use a chemical method which is bad for pregnancy. I can't take it because of the cream - I have an aversion to it :cry:

I feel for you girls, I have asthma and with the weather being terrible my end coffee has literally been a life saver for myself.

Bella when I was younger I worked in a coffee shop, can you handle milk or almond milk? If so you can get a simple syrup you prefer (carmel was a big hit here) and make a flavor for it. If I remember right 2 shots of espresso, warm milk(with ice)/ or ice cream(for frappe), flavor and blend or stir will make and iced coffee or a frappe like substitue

Thanks for trying, Conundrum, but I'm so picky with my coffee :wacko: I don't like sweet coffee... I usually like a lot of cream and no sugar. I can't take milk in my coffee either. It's just recently that the creaminess of the coffee just turns me off. Which is odd because I can have cereal with milk sometimes - when my aversions don't act up anyway :haha:

This thread seems SO quiet!!! How is everyone doing??

AFM, first scan & first appointment at this time tomorrow morning! Nausea is still acting up. Just EXHAUSTED. And last night, while I fell asleep around 8:30, I woke up at 11:10 having to pee... then couldn't get back to sleep till around 3. Only to have my alarm wake me for work at 6. And tonight is a late night - I have an after work parent workshop that I need to attend for my job... so I won't be able to get home until around 7:30/8 tonight. :cry:

Good luck bella for the scan and appointment tomorrow. I hope all goes well.

I don't really drink coffee but normally a huge tea drinker. I've gone right off it. I did this when pg with DS. The only warm drink I can stomach is hot chocolate. And even though I don't really drink coffee I love the smell. But not at the moment, it makes me want to vomit! It makes being a teacher in a staffroom at breaktime really difficult!

Wishing you well for your first appointment and scan, BellaRosa!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like I am just barely keeping it together right now. We have had a lot of difficult cases at work and a lot of sick patients. On top of that, my school semester is coming to an end, so I have finals to take and clinicals to complete. Luckily, my kids are being good troopers about it. Any time I can grab a free moment, I nap.

Also, even with my nausea prescription pill, I am having issues. I have major aversions. Pretty much the only thing that I can keep down 100% of the time is a breakfast essentials drink and some bread. From there, it is a hit or miss situation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that everyone is well and that those babies are steadily growing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"