May Munchkins 2019

Congratulations, Hoping! That would be lovely news for you both. I hope they confirm girl for you next Thursday!

I hope everyone has had a good weekend!

We had a crazy holiday here that ended up with me loosing everything around 12 am. While my friends were still here. :haha:
It was honestly pretty hilarious.

TMI warning- I was already using the toilet because my tummy was upset when I felt the urge to throw up. I knew there was no way in the world that I could stand up- for multiple reasons. I started flapping my arms frantically because I didn't think I could project the distance between myself and the sink either. Low and behold- there it was. My child's step stool for reaching the sink. Upside down, it's really just an extra sturdy, plastic bowl. It did a great job, but next morning when my son asked where his stepping stool was, my husband and I just burst out laughing. We told him it was in the wash and left it at that. :haha:

I am! I have been sticking to safer meals that I know I can keep :haha:

I have also scheduled a private scan for Wednesday. We will be team yellow no longer. I just have to know at this point! If I wait for my doctor, it will likely be another month before I get another scan.

Does anyone have personal experience with early gender scans? A boy is an obvious boy, but a girl can magically become a boy in just a few weeks time! What are my chances of the scan being accurate?!

Man, after the website change, it just seems like Baby and Bump is dying! Even in the regular sections, there are less and less posts.
In my 2015/2016 pregnancy, I remember being barely able to keep up with all of the fresh topics!
-----------------------------------------------------

This week has been pretty tame. I have been binge watching Reign. I have watched it before, but the drama keeps me coming back. :haha:
I am still not happy with how sloppily they wrapped it up though. I get that they were being canceled, but still!
------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone is progressing nicely!

Agreed! I'm in this group and the Junebugs one (since I'm technically due June 2nd). That group def moves way faster than this group does. Still, I was in here for both my daughter's pregnancy (2012-2013) and my son's (2015-2016) and it was definitely more active... agreed. Honestly? I think it would be used more if there were a more friendly way to use it on a phone. I have trouble reading the messages and writing to you ladies on my phone - that's why I usually only come on when I'm on a desktop computer (at work - on my break). If there were an app or something that were designed a bit better... I'd be on more often for sure.

Congrats sweet on team pink! I love the scan pic.

I agree with you both about the website. I don't seem to be getting alerts of new posts and thats not helping. So I have to search the thread and see if there are any new posts.

Yes! Looking at Baby and Bump on mobile is agonizing and most people have smart phones so it would make sense to fix it up. However, the last desktop layout was a lot more user friendly and I miss it. :( I have tried to get used to this one and I still cringe. :haha:
----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you flou!

Myself and DH started to consider names for the baby. We don't yet know the gender but hopefully we will in a couple of weeks. My DH is Welsh and would like the baby to have a welsh name. At the moment we have only discussed girl names as we are really stuck on boys nams as DS' name was the only one we both liked. Heaven knows what will do if bubba is a boy! Anyway I do love some of the welsh names and the girl names are really pretty. My only reservation is the fact they are not spelt anything like their pronunciation. And as baby will be brought up in England I am worried this could be a problem for them. I don't want them to hate their name because noone can say it! Equally I like the idea of them having a name that is different from everyone else. What does everyone think?

It's definitely a super personal decision, but if you think about it, even more common names get mispronounced all the time. For example, a kid in my son's class is named "Oliver". Most of the kids call him "Auber" because pronunciation is just not there yet. :)

So I think you should go with what you truly want and believe in. They will have to teach some people how to say their name, but after that, all should be fine. One tiny moment of inconvenience. I personally disliked having a common name growing up because I knew 8 other girls with my name.

I think it's all about what you make it. If your child is proud of his or her name, he or she will just teach others how to say it. I think if you love it, go for it! <3

AFM, I decided to try and wean off the Diclegis (anti-nausea meds). I went from 2 pills at night down to one. About 16 hours after the fact, nausea was back with a vengeance. DEF not ready for this & took the 2 pills that evening... back to being okay. Not going to be trying that again anytime soon :cry:

Oh man, BellaRosa :hugs:

My nausea is still rough as well. I had a brief break with it between week 14-15 and then it came right back. I'm guessing it will be around for a while yet. I hope that your nausea gets better with your medication!

Yes, thanks!!! I'm back to normal (no nausea). It's a false sense of security :haha:

How are you, sweet? How is everyone else doing? Next appointments? Mine is December 17th... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->