May Munchkins 2019

Sweet - Yay! Congrats! I've heard that too, about the weight scans. I've also had various people tell me various things in regard to scans. For example, at my 20 week anatomy scan at my own office, I was told that I was measuring 3 days ahead. about a week later, when I had my high risk appointment, I was told I was measuring 2 days behind. The person scanning me at my high risk appointment also told me that my placenta is nowhere near my cervix and I don't have to worry about that at least..... then the high risk doctor comes in to scan me and says I do have to worry about the placenta being near my cervix, orders an internal/vaginal scan, and has me on no sex and a follow up scan in 8 weeks :wacko: I feel like nobody knows what they're talking about! My own doctor office thought it may be marginally close, but that may have been because my bladder was SO full! 3 differing opinions :haha: I hope your 3 year old feels better soon! My kids were sick for 3-4 days each last week, so I feel you. It's tough when they're not feeling well. Lord knows how I didn't get it (Knock on wood!)

jlmeans - Best of luck to you on the test! I have mine next Friday, March 8th (along with my follow up ultrasound to check on my placenta). Do you have to drink the orange drink?? Mine is lemon-lime flavored this time. Wondering if it will be better or worse - I'm not a huge fan of sweet drinks, so I'll definitely have to chug it! :haha:

AFM, Not much is new.... like I said above, my appointment is coming up in a week for both glucose test and my scan. Hoping they tell me my placenta has moved (as I was told it should). We have narrowed it down to two names for each gender, which makes me feel better about that whole situation! If it is a boy he will either be Lucas James or Lucas Alexander. If it is a girl, she will be Emma Rose or Ava Rose. Sooooo at least we're set on a boy name and a girl middle name for sure! Now to choose the boy middle name and the girl first name :rofl:

Bella- to be honest i don't know which drink i will have. Pretty sure I had each now and if i am remembering correctly i liked the orange the best so crossing my fingers its that. I am guessing I will go in for my appt drink the nasty stuff and then have my follow up appt after that and then I wait for the remaining time to go by to have my blood work done. This seems different as I thought they sent me home with the drink and I drank it an hour before going in. Different doctor different ways I guess.

Not sure when my next scan will be but I assume I will be scheduling it at this next appt. Just hoping my cervix stays put until its time for little guys arrival. We decided his name will be Lincoln Dennis. I am beyond happy it is a boy as neither of us liked the same girl name.

Best of luck on your glucose test, jlmeans! I know what you mean about this pregnancy giving you a run! I feel like this has definitely been my most difficult yet! I always drink the glucose drink like it's a big shot and I am at a party. All in one go. The nurses tend to find it comical and I find that it puts me in a good mind space. Just something that works for me. :)

I am so nervous that I am having all of this early action with my pelvis opening and some dilation that when I am actually due- nothing will happen! I feel cursed when it comes to labor. :haha:

My 3 year old is doing much better today! We had a couple of long nights, but she's back to her spunky self now. It was odd, her fevers were only spiking in the middle of the night. Very convenient timing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh goodness, Bella! That has to be frustrating! I'd be going bonkers over the mismatched information.

My next appointment is on Tuesday, but it should be fairly uneventful. They are seeing me every 2 weeks now! We are getting really close. :)

I have to say, I would loooove if you went with Emma Rose, because that is what we have chosen for our girl! I think it would be super cute. I know they will never meet but :haha:

Of course though, you'll end up with a boy now xD On that note, I really like Lucas Alexander

jlmeans - Awwww! Cute! Glad you're settled on a name! Feels good, doesn't it?? :cloud9:

Sweet - Me too on drinking the glucose like a shot! :haha: Ugh, I hear you on pelvis opening. I've hit 27 weeks & my pelvis definitely aches after I've been on my feet for even a short amount of time. I'm glad your 3 year old is feeling better! It's the worst when they're sick <3 How did your appointment go?? Awww, thanks on the name! Would be really cute if we did have DDs with the same name :cloud9: Ok, weird name question.... my husband's cousin (who is also my friend) has a son named Alexander. Weird to use that as my son's middle name (if we have a boy)? I considered reaching out to her about it, but DH says it doesn't matter what she thinks - it should be our decision only. Thoughts??

My little one is so far down that they have actually booked a scan for the 19th to see what all is going on in there. They are mildly concerned but I have never had a baby even attempt to come early. I am honestly convinced that all this great progress will happen and then I will hit 38 weeks with absolutely nothing going on. :haha:

I have to go with your husband. It should be a decision between the two of you. If it feels right, use it. I was robbed of one of my girl choices with my previous pregnancy because I asked family what they thought and my brother and his wife (wife had no attachment to the name whatsoever btw as our mother had suggested it when we were children) blew up about it. They went off saying that I couldn't possibly use it because they called it first (they had never said anything to anybody about it before I mentioned). Worst of all- my mother sided with them because he is my youngest brother and was so passionate about it.

I am still angry. It was my choice and I wish I hadn't bothered including anyone in my decision. Not to be extra petty, but they still do not have children so the name has gone unused. I can only hope they one day have a daughter because otherwise, I hope they feel rude having done it. For all they know, they will have 5 boys whereas I knew for a fact what I was having right then.

Apologies for the rant, I am clearly still salty over it. :haha:

If at the end of the day you feel that is your child's name, don't let anyone take it from you. If you are not sure, the right name will come to you. :)

I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes a week ago. First time having it. My 3rd pregnancy go figure but all of my pregnancies have been a breeze and uneventful for the most part so I guess it was my turn for something LOL. It hasn't been too bad so far. Just have to make sure I eat every 2-3 hours and hit a certain number of carbs per meal. Honestly, I feel like I am eating wayyyyy to much now. My blood sugar levels have all been fine so far knock on wood. Well within the range they want.

Sweet - I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Thank you for your opinion, definitely helped! I've also had name issues. I always get nervous about names too, especially when we've chosen one. Like, this is weird but, I am friends with an ex boyfriend's wife on FB. I know they're having a girl. It would be SO WEIRD and awful (IMO) if they name their girl one of my girl names.... because I'd feel so odd using the same name. And they're due before me. Out of all the names in the world, what are the chances?? But the chance still bothers me. Then there was my middle name for my son.... when we were team yellow for my daughter, our boy name was Jacob Michael. (Michael is my brother's name). After we ended up with Madelyn Grace instead of Jacob Michael, my sister had a baby. She named him Jayce Michael. I was kinda pissed because I knew that if we ever had a boy, we wanted him to be Jacob Michael. BUT I never told her middle name choices BECAUSE I didn't want her feeling bad that my brother's name was involved in our boy name choice, but my sister was not involved in our girl name choice. I didn't want hard feelings. Well, when we were pregnant with our boy, we felt Jacob Michael and Jayce Michael were too similar. My husband was in love with my maternal grandfather's name, Henrik, especially because it's so different from many of the names we hear nowadays, so we went with that. And to be honest, I'm in love with it. It's perfect for him. And, it meant SO MUCH to my mom. In the end, things always seem to work out <3

Hoping - Glad that the GD diet seems to be working out for you! Still, must be at least slightly stressful to have to test your blood levels and make sure you're eating "on plan" and all that. Thinking of you <3

AFM, I have my placenta check scan, appointment, & my 1 hour glucose test today. Wish me luck! Maybe (I hope!) I'll have some good baby spam for you all later on! :haha:

Hi Ladies sorry I've been MIA I've just had a busy couple of weeks.

Bella I hope all went well today. I have a growth scan booked for the 21st to check placenta. Not so crucial for me as I'm having a c-section anyway but can't wait for an opportunity to see bubba!

Hoping I hope the diet goes well. A friend of mine had GD with her second and had a much smaller second baby than with her first. Good luck!

Sweet good luck for the 19th and I hope your little one isn't causing you too much pain.

AFM I'm suffering with PGP. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday to see if I can be referred to a physio. It doesn't help having a job which is mainly on my feet and I still have a few more weeks until maternity leave kicks in. I never had this problem with my first. As for names we have decided our boy will be called Henry. And we have opted for 2 middle names Simon (after DHs brother) and George (after my grandfather). It took us ages to decide, its such a responsibility choosing someones name.

Anyone else due May 12 (girl)? I’ve been having this numb patch under my left breast/upper stomach area that’s been really annoying! Can’t sleep on either side for too long before it starts to burn like fire..My stomach is also starting to feel so heavy and uncomfortable to walk for too long:( can’t wait for these last weeks to be over with!

Hoping - Thank you!!! Unfortunately, I didn't pass :cry: I have to do the 3 hour this Saturday... Any advice?? <3

Flou - Thank you!!! Only 9 more days til your scan! :) PGP? I'll have to look that one up... is it like SPD? Sorry you're hurting! Hope you get what you need to help you feel better! <3

Kay - No... I'm not till June 2nd, but I'm def feeling huge & like I'll probably go early (My son was born 2.5 weeks early at almost 9 lbs, so I'm kind of assuming I'll have a similar early birth with this one). I don't have that numbness in my belly either - maybe mention to your doctor?? I will say that my hands/arms get numb very easily when I'm sleeping. Every time I wake up, whatever arm I'm laying on is numb, so I turn over... then I wake up & have the opposite arm/hand go numb. Isn't pregnancy lovely??

AFM, scan went really well! My placenta has moved, as they expected, so all is well! Just have to take this silly 3 hour glucose test on Saturday. I've never had to do it before, so anyone who would like to fill me in on how it goes, I'm a bit nervous. Thanks!!! <3

Finally got my glucose results back and im very happy to say I passed. I still have a horrible bruise on my arm from them drawling my blood almost a whole week later. I had my rhogam shot on monday and it literally brought tears to my eyes it hurt so bad, he said it was because of how much fluid they are pushing in my arm at once.

I potentially have my last scan on April 1st to do a final weight check on baby and to do a final check on my cervix. I saw a different doctor and she said that is all I will need but the primary one I have been seeing said it will be every month until baby comes so we shall see what happens.

Im so huge already and so uncomfortable. These next 10-11 weeks is going to be killer on the body.

Hope everyone is feeling well

jlmeans - Ugh! Rhogam sounds horrible. So sorry you need to do that. Glad you passed your GD test! Hope I pass the 3 hour on Saturday! Agreed on being huge & discomfort! It's getting pretty bad here too. I can't imagine getting any bigger, though I know it will happen. Hang in there! <3

@BellaRosa8302 Boo! Sorry to hear you failed the one hour but I hear a lot of women fail the one hour screening and go on to pass the 3 hour :) I do not really have any tips .. as you know I failed so you probably won't want any tips from me anyways LOL!! Just make sure to fast, not have a cold, and get some sleep. I fasted but I had a cold and slept terribly which can increase numbers.

LOL Hoping, I sleep horribly every night - pregnancy insomnia! I probably get a good night's sleep once per week. Not even exaggerating! Oh well. It is what it is. Thanks hun <3

Jlbeans glad you passed your glucose test.
Good luck bella with the test on Saturday.
PGP is pelvic girdle pain. I'm getting pain near my coccyx and into my left hip. Which is making me waddle even more than I should be for 32 weeks! I saw the doctor today and he said just take paracetamol. Wasn't much help but he thinks it will go once baby has arrived. I did get a bit of a scare these last few days. Had some brown spotting and then this morning some of my mucus plug came away. That never happened with my first. Didn't lose my mucus plug until I was induced. Anyway I mentioned it to the doctor. He said as long as you aren't getting any cramps or red blood not to worry. It doesn't mean im going to go into labour early even though some of the plug has come away. Any time after 30 weeks (especially with second or more babies) its not uncommon to start losing it this early. But he obviously couldn't guarantee that all of a sudden I won't go into labour. Also DS was induced at 41 weeks so I have an even smaller risk of preterm labour, apparently. The discharge since this morning has gone back to white which I just hope it stays and my little man stays baking for a few more weeks. 7 more weeks until my c-section!

@Bella-- good luck with your test!!! Crossing my fingers you pass the 3 hour test. I don't know about for the 3 hour test but I know my doctor told me for the 1 hour test to eat a good protein meal before my test all I ate was eggs haha but i guess that worked for me

Flou - Thanks! Sorry you're in pain, hun! I do agree though, I was in a ton of pain near the end with my son (it wasn't PGP as far as I know, but one of my legs would randomly give out from under me and I'd have to catch myself before falling) and it went away after he was born. Sucks that your only option is to take Tylenol until then. 7 weeks though!!! Gosh that seems so soon!!! Eeeeek! :happydance: You feeling ready??

Jlmeans - Thanks hun! I tried to avoid carby meals the morning before my 1 hour, but that obviously didn't help LOL! <3

@BellaRosa8302 I think if you have GD there is no real way to trick the test. Plus my thought was why would we really want to you know? If you have it you need to know and be monitored more. I hope you do not have it I am just saying lol! Good luck :)

Bella I hope you don't end up with same problem as you did with your son that sounds awful. 7 weeks is not long. In some ways I just want him here but in other ways im freaking out! I have sorted out a load of DS' old baby clothes which I plan to wash this weekend. And we basically have everything we need. I think DS is starting to get a bit excited about the prospect of being a big brother which is great. But I do think he thinks it will come out being able to play with him. However DS does love doing little jobs and helping out so hopefully he will happily get involved with the new baby by doing little things like getting the nappies at changing time etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->